Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Filmation" Power Sword

Hybrid View

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

"Filmation" Power Sword

Who here would like to see the "Filmation" Power Sword come with a He-Man figure or in a weapons pack?

It should be doable. Adora came with one and He-Man appeared with it in MANY of the MOTU mini-comics. The best shot of it I've seen so far is on page 4 of the Leech one.

I want this version of the sword.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The sword is the only thing in that comic that didn`t look like it was drawning by a 3 year old I perfer the version we got though

I'm with adam03, I prefer the original sword, it just looks better.
    I also wouldn't see the point of having a Filmation sword.

Can someone post a picture of the Filmation sword? I tried to find the comics from the main page to look up the page referenced, but I can't find them anymore.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Can someone post a picture of the Filmation sword? I tried to find the comics from the main page to look up the page referenced, but I can't find them anymore.
    Here you go

I have wanted a filmation version of the power sword since I was 6 years old and noticed that the one that came with he-man looked different.

To the nay-sayers;

Mattel obviously gave us an updated version of the toy sword already, and they found a way to include the MYP sword for those who wanted one. I don't see the harm in getting a filmation version of the sword to those who want one. If you don't want it, it can sit in a spare parts box like many of us did with the myp version.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Here you go
    Thanks man!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Who here would like to see the "Filmation" Power Sword come with a He-Man figure or in a weapons pack?

It should be doable. Adora came with one and He-Man appeared with it in MANY of the MOTU mini-comics. The best shot of it I've seen so far is on page 4 of the Leech one.

I want this version of the sword.
    what's the difference between the Filmation sword and the one we got? looks like the same sword to me.

If 'filmation' means not painted, then no, I don't want that. The one that came with He-man is Filmation enough for me. i don't want my $20 figures being less detailed, or their accessories either.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I really want a filmation Sword of Power. Mattel would just have to remove the stone from the Adora sword. It would be nice to display both swords together as seen in the Secret of the Sword. Maybe this version can be included with Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by he-man of eternia View Post
    I really want a filmation Sword of Power. Mattel would just have to remove the stone from the Adora sword. It would be nice to display both swords together as seen in the Secret of the Sword. Maybe this version can be included with Adam.
    BRILLIANT IDEA!!! I'm sure Adam will come with the stupid pink sword, but hopefully, they will include a Filmation style sword as a bonus. Heck, I'll even take it as part of a weapons pack!

Obviously I would LOVE to get a Fimation style sword of power as well. Been wanting one forever. The closest we got was for the SDCC He-Man staction (2007?), but most of those are bent, sadly.

All Mattel has to do is make one just like Adora's minus the jewel, and there we go! PLEASE MATTEL MAKE US A FILMATION STYLE POWER SWORD. It's the most elegant sword out there in MotU land. I'll eat dirt if I have to, just make us one, purdy please.
    AKA "SPORTIMUS" on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/user/Sportimus

So people want He-Man's sword to look like this?

"I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Originally Posted by Multibot
    i love the tf movie designs. i can barely look at my g1 collection...
    And with that statement you lost all credibility with me, lol.

Just kidding you are entitled to your opinion. As an artist and 3d animator myself I can't stand the TF movie designs. Other than hardcore fans, most people can't tell which characters are fighting on screen. That is like film school 101. It's just bad design imo.

Originally Posted by Multibot
    i get what you mean about the sword's supposed to look plain & ordinary.... but that would have been ok back when I was 9. But as an adult I prefer the more stylized 200x version to be the true powersword. plus King Grayskull never had the old style sword in the series, so that one can't possibly be the true one can it? IMO myp series predates the Filmation series, for obvious resaons...

Well not everyone considers 200X to be cannon. I don't really like the King Grayskull concept and it isn't cannon for me personally. I'm not sure if he appeared in a mini comic back in the day but he wasn't in the Filmation show.

MYP had like what 30 some episodes while Filmation had 130 He-man and 90 She-Ra so for me that is the "real" version. I'm not going to let a show that comes out 20 years after the fact rewrite the history of He-Man for me. Like it or hate it but the Filmation cartoon was seen by millions more people than MYP. I look at MYP as more of an elseworlds tale than anything.

But all of this is neither here nor there. My main point is there is a difference between the classics sword and the Filmation version and I personally want one. I mean why put up a fight against it? Doesn't make sense to me. I don't care about New Adventures and the new eye ball dude that is comming out but I'm not protesting against people that want him.

Quote Originally Posted by FAN-DOR View Post
    Well not everyone considers 200X to be cannon. I don't really like the King Grayskull concept and it isn't cannon for me personally. I'm not sure if he appeared in a mini comic back in the day but he wasn't in the Filmation show.

MYP had like what 30 some episodes while Filmation had 130 He-man and 90 She-Ra so for me that is the "real" version. I'm not going to let a show that comes out 20 years after the fact rewrite the history of He-Man for me. Like it or hate it but the Filmation cartoon was seen by millions more people than MYP. I look at MYP as more of an elseworlds tale than anything.
    I prefer quality over quantity. I like both MYP and Filmation
    for different reasons. The MYP was definitely a more darker
    maturer take on He-Man and I think King Grayskull does add
    to what little we knew surrounding the power sword and the
    Castle. MYP also manage to make various characters much
    more fascinating, which Filmation despite having 100 more
    episodes didn't do.

Originally Posted by Azrael
    MYP also manage to make various characters much
    more fascinating, which Filmation despite having 100 more
    episodes didn't do.
    That is opinion.

I'm not saying MYP wasn't quality(although the 30ft leaps and sword twirling might prove otherwise). My main point was just because people like MYP doesn't mean we can't have a Filmation sword.

I just don't get the reasoning behind the nay sayers. Why not let those of us that want a Filmation sword get one?? All they have to do is take out the gem in Adora's. It's not like it would take sculpting time away from other figures.

I just don't get the reasoning behind the nay sayers. Why not let those of us that want a Filmation sword get one?? All they have to do is take out the gem in Adora's. It's not like it would take sculpting time away from other figures.
    The Filmation sword would be a whole new tool as the one that comes with Adora is way too small for He-Man. As for your feelings toward the MYP toon, I agree to some extent. I didn't like the "30 feet jumps and blade twirling" and the voice acting for some of the characters - mainly Adam and He-Man. But you have to give credit where credit is due, MYP created a story for MOTU to follow and gave us history behind the Power Sword (try not to think of the 200X sword). In the Filmation cartoon there was an episode that the Soceress disappeared and Teela had to take her place. In that episode the Soceress and Teela spoke to the Spirit of Grayskull, since Filmation never really delved into any real back-story, whose to say that the Spirit in that episode wasn't good old King Grayskull.

I'm not saying MYP wasn't quality(although the 30ft leaps and sword twirling might prove otherwise).
    Filmation has it's share of 30 foot leaps and sword-twirling: breathing in space

That is opinion.

I'm not saying MYP wasn't quality(although the 30ft leaps and sword twirling might prove otherwise). My main point was just because people like MYP doesn't mean we can't have a Filmation sword.

Granted 30ft leaps and sword twirling might have been
    a tad much, that certainly wouldn't negate the quality, its
    far better than Ram-Man's legs looking and sounding like
    springs.

As far as the Filmation sword is concern, overall I'm pretty
    indifferent about it, but imo it would be superfluous. I also
    think that Adora's is a tad bit to small for He-Man, it looks
    pretty disproportionate. Granted if they were making a
    Filmation He-Man to go along with the Filmation sword then
    there would probably be alot less nay-sayers. I just wonder
    what's so special about it that makes some fans so adamant
    about it.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Filmation has it's share of 30 foot leaps and sword-twirling: breathing in space
    Yeah it does. Add that to He-Man occasionally throwing
    Skeletor's minions all the way back to Snake Mountain
    Last edited by Azrael; January 26, 2010 at 04:18am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    one thing I'm really confused about though... if the power sword was split into two halves; and Adam can become He-man with his half, then what can Skeletor's half do? Why can't he call on the power of Grayskull with his half? maybe become He-tor (lol, evil master of fire)

in the old minicomics, Adam becomes He-man with his half of the sword, and in the menace of Trap-jaw they combine both halves to defeat him... so what can Skeletor do with his half of the sword?
    I'd like someone to explain this to me, because I'm going nuts trying to figure it out.
    the motuc bios claim MAA had to make the 200x sword so Adam could become He-man... (which I also totally disregard), but if i did go by that concept, then how would Adam be able to defend Eternia with out being able to become He-man? if he's carrying a useless half sword... then what's the point? i'm sure it must take a while for Duncan to forge another sword that may or may not work... leaving Eternia helpless in the meantime.

that's why i also disregard the whole swords split in half storyline too... it raises way too many questions. iMO if He-man has one half & skeletor has the other, then skeletor's half should be able to do something special just as Adam/He-man's does. why doesn't He-man just lay the smack down on Skeletor & take the other half from him? End of story...problem solved.
    Well, it helps if you take into account what came out when. Any time there's talk of two halves of the Power Sword there's no mention of Prince Adam, because the concept (far too similar to Captain Marvel, in my opinion) hadn't been introduced yet; the first 11 mini-comics (series 1 and 2). As soon as the concept of Prince Adam is introduced there is no more talk of the two halves of the Power Sword.

As for talk of the Skittle-colored swords... we haven't actually gotten a color we should have: fiery green!

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...296&image=1814

He-Ro's blue Power Sword is an homage to the Blue Battle Armor He-Man Power Sword from the Weapons Pak. Plus, he brought it to Eternia; it can be whatever color he wants.

Skeletor's should be gray/silver, but I'm guessing part of the reason the original toy came with purple, just as Faker came with orange, due to the way the toys were manufactured in the early 80s.

...As an artist and 3d animator myself I can't stand the TF movie designs. Other than hardcore fans, most people can't tell which characters are fighting on screen...
    There are times when I'd consider myself a hardcore TF fan, but there are more times when I can't tell who's fighting on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by josh
    nor to keep dragging this out, since it isn't the place for Tranformers
    Funny you should mention that. This is worse fighting than I have seen in a Transformers forum. We're talking about a small plastic sword. I'm amazed about the intense discontent that some have here over people who would really love a Filmation style/MOTUC Adora shaped sword (minus the stone) for MOTUC He-Man. I can't stand the 200X sword, but we got one with Man At Arms. So the 200X Sword fans have theirs to give to He-Man. And I'm happy for them! People who love the updated classic toy Power Sword automatically get theirs. And I'm happy for them too. Why can't fans of the Filmation look Power Sword have their own as well? After all, should NA He-Man come out, guess what shape the Power Sword will take on then?

We're not asking for an entirely new action figure mold. We're asking for a little plastic sword that would not be hard for Mattel to make since they already essentially made one for Adora. They can include it with another figure, like Adam (who can have a pink sword, and a Filmation style one as a bonus), or as part of a weapons pack. If some one does not want it, they can chuck it into the trash or sell it to someone who does want one. Why the fuss? Sheesh...

I think it will be great to have some variety, and that all camps will be happy. The 200X sword camp is happy. The classic sword camp is happy. The NA sword camp will most likely be happy. Why can't the Fimation sword camp be happy too? Man 'o man.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    So people want He-Man's sword to look like this?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...4&d=1264446798
    Dear God, YES!

Good job there. I love it. PLEASE MATTEL, MAKE THIS SWORD A REALITY.
    Last edited by Orko's Hat; January 27, 2010 at 03:49am.
    AKA "SPORTIMUS" on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/user/Sportimus

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Hat View Post
    Funny you should mention that. This is worse fighting than I have seen in a Transformers forum. We're talking about a small plastic sword. I'm amazed about the intense discontent that some have here over people who would really love a Filmation style/MOTUC Adora shaped sword (minus the stone) for MOTUC He-Man. I can't stand the 200X sword, but we got one with Man At Arms. So the 200X Sword fans have theirs to give to He-Man. And I'm happy for them! People who love the updated classic toy Power Sword automatically get theirs. And I'm happy for them too. Why can't fans of the Filmation look Power Sword have their own as well? After all, should NA He-Man come out, guess what shape the Power Sword will take on then?

We're not asking for an entirely new action figure mold. We're asking for a little plastic sword that would not be hard for Mattel to make since they already essentially made one for Adora. They can include it with another figure, like Adam (who can have a pink sword, and a Filmation style one as a bonus), or as part of a weapons pack. If some one does not want it, they can chuck it into the trash or sell it to someone who does want one. Why the fuss? Sheesh...

I think it will be great to have some variety, and that all camps will be happy. The 200X sword camp is happy. The classic sword camp is happy. The NA sword camp will most likely be happy. Why can't the Fimation sword camp be happy too? Man 'o man.
    I haven't been to any Transformers forums in ages, but I know they can get just as heated as the rest of us

As for sculpting the sword, I would assume the Four Horsemen have already sculpted a jewel-less sword, but new tooling would have to be done for that to make the Filmation Power Sword. As far as I can tell, Adora's sword has an indentation for the jewel to sit in.

Also, my guess is it will come in a weapons pack, as adding it to He-Man or Prince Adam would probably be considered derivative of the cartoon (not the Style Guide, in Adora's circumstance), so Mattel Legal wouldn't let it happen that way.

All that being said, I have no problem putting out a more Filmation-accurate Power Sword as a bonus accessory. I do wish, though, more of the accessories were swappable between sexes as they were in the original line, so my Adora could hold a Power Sword I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Hat View Post
    Define fighting, because there's really no discontent over this issue,
    some people want it, others are indifferent and some see it as
    superfluous. IMO the 200X sword is superfluous especially since
    there's not yet a 200X He-Man to coincide with it. Many fans are already
    complaining about the fact that there are so many variations of the
    power sword we do have

Once again, there is no fuss, just people that don't see the point of
    a sword that looks slightly different from the one we already
    have. Besides Adora's sword looks disproportionate to Adam/He-Man,
    if they were going to make a filmation sword then it should be slightly
    bigger.

If you want variety then pray that Mattel obtains the Filmation license
    so we can have Filmation characters

Heroic Warrior
    If Mattel ever releases that Filmation sword, it should be included in a weapons pack !

Widget

Power Sword on Classics

Adora/She-Ra totally got a great sculpt of their sword...despite any arguments over the coloring...why did the Power Sword not get a sculpt that would actually look like it came off the cartoon? Am I the only one wondering this? I'd really like to see a better sword made for He-Man and the others carrying a Power Sword/Sword of He or whatever you want to call Faker's version. Maybe they could sculpt a weapons pack of the colored sword variants for all the characters to replace the others.

The line is based on the old toys, not the cartoon (which in many cases, was far removed from the toys).

Widget
    that's understandable...but she-ra and adora got great re-sculpts of their sword. definitely NOT modeled after the original she-ra toy. he-man should too.