Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Filmation" Power Sword

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

"Filmation" Power Sword

Who here would like to see the "Filmation" Power Sword come with a He-Man figure or in a weapons pack?

It should be doable. Adora came with one and He-Man appeared with it in MANY of the MOTU mini-comics. The best shot of it I've seen so far is on page 4 of the Leech one.

I want this version of the sword.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The sword is the only thing in that comic that didn`t look like it was drawning by a 3 year old I perfer the version we got though

I'm with adam03, I prefer the original sword, it just looks better.
    I also wouldn't see the point of having a Filmation sword.

Can someone post a picture of the Filmation sword? I tried to find the comics from the main page to look up the page referenced, but I can't find them anymore.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Who here would like to see the "Filmation" Power Sword come with a He-Man figure or in a weapons pack?

It should be doable. Adora came with one and He-Man appeared with it in MANY of the MOTU mini-comics. The best shot of it I've seen so far is on page 4 of the Leech one.

I want this version of the sword.
    what's the difference between the Filmation sword and the one we got? looks like the same sword to me.

If 'filmation' means not painted, then no, I don't want that. The one that came with He-man is Filmation enough for me. i don't want my $20 figures being less detailed, or their accessories either.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Can someone post a picture of the Filmation sword? I tried to find the comics from the main page to look up the page referenced, but I can't find them anymore.
    Here you go

I have wanted a filmation version of the power sword since I was 6 years old and noticed that the one that came with he-man looked different.

To the nay-sayers;

Mattel obviously gave us an updated version of the toy sword already, and they found a way to include the MYP sword for those who wanted one. I don't see the harm in getting a filmation version of the sword to those who want one. If you don't want it, it can sit in a spare parts box like many of us did with the myp version.

Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post

To the nay-sayers;
    Guess I'm one of them

Mattel obviously gave us an updated version of the toy sword already, and they found a way to include the MYP sword for those who wanted one. I don't see the harm in getting a filmation version of the sword to those who want one. If you don't want it, it can sit in a spare parts box like many of us did with the myp version.
    Of course there's no harm, but IMO I really wouldn't see the point,
    especially when the original sword looks enough like its Filmation
    counterpart , atleast the 200X sword has a completely new look.
    Last edited by Azrael; January 23, 2010 at 04:25pm.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I don't know why everyone is so critical of Adora's sword. I was really moved when I first held it in my big adult's fingers as, as a child, that's exactly the Filmation sword that I wanted to have for my toys! It's a little small maybe but in perfect scale with Adora. I would love it if Mattel gave us a bigger version sans jewel for He-man because I think it's way nicer than the Mattel version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Here you go
    Thanks man!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Thanks man!
    No problem!!
    Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post
    I have wanted a filmation version of the power sword since I was 6 years old and noticed that the one that came with he-man looked different.

To the nay-sayers;

The only reason Adora got that sword is because it was in the Pop licensing guide,

there was no filmation sword in the MOTU licensing guide he had the Texiera looking sword. I can guaruntee you that unless Mattel buys the Filmation library we won`t see another version of that sword except with She Ra. Heres He Man and his sword from the MOTU licensing guide.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    I much prefer the Filmation sword to the original power sword. I've always thought it looked cooler. There's definitely a difference, at least to my eyes. I agree that it could come in a weapons pack, although that would make it seem like it was being downgraded to an ordinary weapon.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Of course there's no harm, but IMO I really wouldn't see the point,
    especially when the original sword looks enough like its Filmation
    counterpart , atleast the 200X sword has a completely new look.
    Maybe you don't see the point, and maybe you are satisfied with the mattel version, but there are those of us who want the filmation sword (which appeared numerous times in the mini-comics).

All I'm saying is that if you don't want one, you don't have to use it with your display, but there is no reason to stop Mattel from making one for those who want it. There are still many figures to be released that it could be packed in with, even the proverbial weapons pack...

Are they that different, i really dont remmeber them being.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I've never seen that MOTU style guide, do any of you have a link?

It's probably in a real obvious place the entire time huh?
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'm confused, how is the sword we got NOT the Filmation version? There is only the Filmation/Original, New Adventures, Movie, and 2002.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    No problem!!

The only reason Adora got that sword is because it was in the Pop licensing guide,

there was no filmation sword in the MOTU licensing guide he had the Texiera looking sword. I can guaruntee you that unless Mattel buys the Filmation library we won`t see another version of that sword except with She Ra. Heres He Man and his sword from the MOTU licensing guide.
    To be honest...She-Ra's sword in the StyleGuide is not the same as Adora's. Not mentioning the difference in colour, the bottom of the sword is completely flat without the two spheres or balls, that the Filmation version has. In the first PoP mini-comic, The Story of She-ra, both she and He-Man have the same sword. Hers is gold with a jewel and his is silver, but they have the spheres.

To everyone who doesn't see the differences in the swords...watch PixelDan's Adora review. He puts He-Man and Adora's side-by-side. A larger, non-jeweled Adora sword is what we're talking about wanting.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I'm confused, how is the sword we got NOT the Filmation version? There is only the Filmation/Original, New Adventures, Movie, and 2002.
    The original toy version and MOTUC version is wider and more like a broadsword. Filmation's was slightly leaner and more rounded in places. Basically just look at the difference between the MOTUC He-Man sword and the MOTUC Adora sword sans jewel.

And for the record, I'd really like to see one incorporated too. And I don't need Mattel to give me a stupid re-worked retcon explanation for why we're getting it like they gave for the MAA 200x version. Just include it in a weapons pack or with a future He-Man/Adam variant or even The Sorceress and I'd be happy.

Oh yeah, they should totally do it at one point, somehow! I mean, I'm not a fan of that look, but we got the200X sword, classic sword, and I assume they'll be nice enough to give me my favorite NA sword, so I think the Filmation fans should get thiers as well. I think it's different enough to warrent a plastic representation.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    my thoughts exactly... the one we have is close enough imo.

if there is any difference, it's probably so minor that it most likely wouldn't be worth spending the tooling $$$ to make.
    But for those who want it, then i hope you get one. IMO, the one that came with motuc He-man is the Filmation sword. IMO Adora's sword looks the same as He-man's except smaller & has the jewel. other than that, i see no major difference between them.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

i'd definitely want one, i always liked that sword. i liked the tighter look of the sword. Since some asked, here is a pic to show the difference. i guess i prefer that one over the other but either power swords are fine with me. 2000s sword was an abomination
    why are some panties bunching over the thought?

i made the same style sword for my son's halloween costume.

MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like a Filmation sword for He-Man so that it "matches" Adora's (and presumably She-Ra's) sword (except for the stone/jewel). But I wouldn't buy another He-Man figure just for the sword.

Cheers.

Heroic Warrior
    I would LOVE a filmation sword.

I also LOVE the One we have. The number one thing I HATED with 200x was that horrid sword and the thing that drew me into the MOTUC was seeing the king Grayskull figure with the REAL sword. Then I saw a new He-man with the real sword and I passed on Grayskull... oh well.

However I do notice the difference between Classics/vintage and Filmation... it's very different. The first thing that made me flip over Adora wasn't that she was in the filmation costume... but that she had the cartoon SWORD...

What I don't understand is how the sword of protection is a clone of the sword of He... but looks quite different? When I first read that I REALLY got my hopes up that we'd be getting the filmation one too. Or at least that the jewel didn't go all the way through and i could spin it for He-man

I wonder if maybe the secret identities will get the filmation swords? Like the way Adam's sword changed and Grew in 200x so does Adam and Adora's in Classics? One can hope

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Ok, now i see the differences between the Filmation sword & the toy version.

IMHO, i prefer the 200x sword for my figures. The vintage toy version looks plain & bland to me, and the Filmation version looks even plainer to me. i like my hero having a sword that looks like something special, not a butterknife with knobs on the sides. i also like the prongs on the vintage toy version better.

i don't mind Adora's sword looking a bit different from He-man's, but similar. I disregard the whole cloning bs... to me, there were two swords from day one. One sword of power & one sword of protection. Adora's was made for her obviously, so I'd expect it to be a bit smaller than He-man's. IMO, the 4hm got it right.

one thing I'm really confused about though... if the power sword was split into two halves; and Adam can become He-man with his half, then what can Skeletor's half do? Why can't he call on the power of Grayskull with his half? maybe become He-tor (lol, evil master of fire)

in the old minicomics, Adam becomes He-man with his half of the sword, and in the menace of Trap-jaw they combine both halves to defeat him... so what can Skeletor do with his half of the sword?
    I'd like someone to explain this to me, because I'm going nuts trying to figure it out.
    the motuc bios claim MAA had to make the 200x sword so Adam could become He-man... (which I also totally disregard), but if i did go by that concept, then how would Adam be able to defend Eternia with out being able to become He-man? if he's carrying a useless half sword... then what's the point? i'm sure it must take a while for Duncan to forge another sword that may or may not work... leaving Eternia helpless in the meantime.

that's why i also disregard the whole swords split in half storyline too... it raises way too many questions. iMO if He-man has one half & skeletor has the other, then skeletor's half should be able to do something special just as Adam/He-man's does. why doesn't He-man just lay the smack down on Skeletor & take the other half from him? End of story...problem solved.

I have a wooden Filmation sword...

I'd have loved to get another to customize (at least), but the site has since disappeared. Shame too.. it's really nice, and the guy would do customs too.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!