Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: "Filmation" Power Sword

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    Yes... one of them understands what i mean...

yeah.. why is it that Trike & jitsu get unique swords when nobody else did? inquiring minds want to know...
    Actually if you look at Trikes sword and Fistos sword, they are the exact same, just different colors.
    Though I do agree having rainbows power swords was always lame IMO. I do however agree with He-Man having the grey/silver one and Skeletor having the purple/black one. In my version whoever made the sword of power (He-Man) made it for good, but in turn also made the sword of evil (Skeletor) to balance good and evil.

I just skimmed through but would like to say, the toy line was the bases for the cartoon, and as much as I like the cartoon and mini comics, I prefer the sword we got from the line. As it pertains to Adam's pink sword, you're really challenging this? For one this line is based off the kids line, and they were trying to appeal to kids and give a veriation to the sword, and another thing as weird as wielding a pink sword is, wouldn't it be as weird logically for him to have the exact same sword as He-Man? I mean there is only supposed to be only two swords in the universe that look like that. Most of the arguments I feel have no base since you're trying to pull what you think they should have done with their property as well as trying to be logical to a fantasy cartoon and a 1980's kid's toy line.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'

If you put the Filmation Power Sword in the Classicizer Machine... Sorry, couldn't help it...

Honestly, I could care less about a cartoon accurate sword, but I hope that the people who want it get one. I think it would be a real seller for a future weapons pack.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Now that Mattel has FILMation rights, I'd really like to see a FILMation style power sword to match She-Ra's sword.

If I'm not mistaken, we should be getting the 2002 Skeletor Swords at some point. I think throwing a FILMation style power sword into the mix would be no different and would make a lot of fans happy.

I absolutely LOVE the toy sword we have. And I love the different colours – how cool are He-Ro’s and TRU Skeletor’s!

That being said, I would like to see the two Filmation swords appear in a weapons pack. They only need to appear once, in silver or grey, and then continue with the toy swords in the line. That way everyone gets what they want.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post
    ...I think it would be a real seller for a future weapons pack.
    GREAT idea! I like it!!!!

IMHO, is perfect even without AF, but with a weapon rack like greyskull's wall or like the Jawbridge
    Gesù è venuto per salvarci dal peccato, ma continuo a vedere peccatori.
    Thor ci protegge dai demoni e dai giganti di ghiaccio, ed in effetti non ne vedo in giro.
    --------------------
    Gesù è nato da una coppia di fatto, con la fecondazione assistita
    --------------------
    Luca Bizzarri: "Non posso pensare bipartisan, io penso per i fa**i miei"

Heroic Warrior orionpaximusprime's Avatar
    By the powet of thundara, Transform and kill cobra... or something.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    As a kid, I thought the Filmation sword was a great example of NOT being able to draw the source material (the toy), or badly applied artistic license.

I still feel the same way.

No thank you.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Yes I definitely want a Filmation Power Sword! I've never been a fan of the original toy's short-rounded non-threatening nerf sword. I think a Filmation sword would be great in a weapon pack or perhaps a Filmation style He-man vs Skeletor two pack

Heroic Warrior
    No, thx, I think the current Power Sword is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by FAN-DOR View Post
    Yes I definitely want a Filmation Power Sword! I've never been a fan of the original toy's short-rounded non-threatening nerf sword. I think a Filmation sword would be great in a weapon pack or perhaps a Filmation style He-man vs Skeletor two pack
    Filmation power sword would be awesome!. A filmation 2-pack would be even better!!!.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    As a kid, I thought the Filmation sword was a great example of NOT being able to draw the source material (the toy), or badly applied artistic license.

I still feel the same way.

No thank you.
    ^^ This.

I think it would also be superfluous. It's not that different from the proper design, unlike the 200x sword. I don't see the point of it.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong, I want everyone here to get what they want out of the line.

So, if that means a Filmation Power Sword in an upcoming weapons pack, I'm all for it. It'll just be another sword in a Zip-Loc baggie in my closet!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Now that they have the Filmation rights, I 100% believe they should make this sword with someone, like they did with the 200X one. It would make for a good Weapons Pack item in Skeletor's purple too!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I've always wanted this.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    [...]why is it that Trike & jitsu get unique swords when nobody else did? inquiring minds want to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by KryptonianMike View Post
    Actually if you look at Trikes sword and Fistos sword, they are the exact same, just different colors.[...]
    Same goes for Jitsu's & Ninjor's:

Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Well I would like a Filmation Sword... For Adam. That way I can pretend that his sword Transforms into He-Man's sword while remaining different enough...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    A Twin Sword/Filmation style Power Sword for He-Man is very, very high on my wishlist as well!
    I think the current swords look a bit too big, but the Adora sword looks perfect!
    I made a mock-up of it:
    http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/x...d_of_power.jpg
    I could not agree more!

I love the current Adora sword and think it is the perfect filmation sword for She-ra - now we just need its twin (sans stone) for He-man.

I did some mock-ups below with the current classics sword at the start, for ages I was tossing between the 3rd last and the last one but now I have decided and I really feel that the one on the end is the Filmation sword I want.

TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

Umm I'll just leave this here.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    Really??? Really???

Here is my version of the Filmation Powerswords

im good...i like the one we have....
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Evil Mike's Filmation Swords are awesome!! Definitely better that the standard sword!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

I am happy with the sword that the 4H designed for the line so far. I really don't care for the FM sword that much honestly despite growing up watching the cartoon.

I will admit though, EvilMike's FM swords look awesome!
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)