Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "Filmation" Power Sword

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I'd LOVE a Filmation sword for He-Man, and I'm sure with the numerous variants of He-Man we're sure to see that one could be released with him.

Would they have to do new tooling for it though? Couldn't they just use the same mold as She-Ra's sword minus the jewel?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I could live without the Filmation sword. The current swords we have right now are just fine.

Heroic Warrior
    Don`t need the Fimation sword, it looks too small imo.

The current sword is THE Power Sword for me personally...

I would like a Filmation Power Sword for none other so it could be encased on a sheath on He-Man's back like in the cartoon. The current sword mold is too wide at the hilt to fit in a sheat without looking funny imo.

I personally don't want a Filmation Sword.
    In my opinion, it's the worst design for the Power Sword.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to them making one for a special weapons pack or a pack in with some other figure.
    I know it would please a lot of fans.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Mmmmmm....pass.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    why not have the sword come with one of the he-men of the past, have it be that the sword morphs to each users fighting style the classics/original sword is for our he-man but whos to say "pirate" he-man didnt have the filmation style sword. there is actually precedance for this in vikor who came with alternate versions of the sword sheild and axe
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    why not have the sword come with one of the he-men of the past, have it be that the sword morphs to each users fighting style the classics/original sword is for our he-man but whos to say "pirate" he-man didnt have the filmation style sword. there is actually precedance for this in vikor who came with alternate versions of the sword sheild and axe
    Makes perfect sense to me, since the Sword of Power already gives He-man different armor abilities, why can't it morph itself into different variations to suite the He-man of the era. I'm tired of She-ra's sword having all the fun, turning into anything and everything she wants. I would not be surprised to think that our He-man was the first to unlock multiple uses from the sword due to She-ra's knowledge. He-man probably thought, huh let me see if my sword can do more. But I guess that's not the case since the bio says his Battle Armor came in the early battles with Skeletor, which would be long before She-ra. But to make sense for me, I am saying She-ra came first giving him the inspiration.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd take a Filmation Power Sword. The current MOTUC sword's width makes it feel kind of "chibi". I have an OG He-Man staction sword that looks good (and sharp) and works well with MOTUC but I'd still like to see a Filmation one. We'd also need a re-tooled (yet still matching) Sword of Protection to go with it.

Think I've mentioned this in another thread, but in the 2nd minicomic that came with thunder punch heman, when he goes to preternia, the sorceress changes the power sword into the filmation power sword so it doesn't get recognised. In theory we should have gotten the filmation power sword with pre-eternian disguise heman but they could include it in the classics line without explanation
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Makes perfect sense to me, since the Sword of Power already gives He-man different armor abilities, why can't it morph itself into different variations to suite the He-man of the era. I'm tired of She-ra's sword having all the fun, turning into anything and everything she wants. I would not be surprised to think that our He-man was the first to unlock multiple uses from the sword due to She-ra's knowledge. He-man probably thought, huh let me see if my sword can do more. But I guess that's not the case since the bio says his Battle Armor came in the early battles with Skeletor, which would be long before She-ra. But to make sense for me, I am saying She-ra came first giving him the inspiration.
    It's like the Soul Calibur video game series. In that series, there are two magic swords, Soul Edge is chaotic and Soul Calibur represents order. The blades change form to suit the fighting style of whoever happens to be wielding it.

I'm of two minds about this idea. One one hand it's really cool to have a morphing sword that suits its owner. On the other hand it's also really cool to have this one special signature sword that has been passed down and protected over the years. Sadly, the sword's own story waters down its uniqueness. It was split in half and hidden, that's cool. But to cheat to get the power without uniting the halves, Duncan built Adam a fake sword that can tap into the power somehow.... so why not make a thousand of them? And then the Sorceress can apparently clone the sword at will too, so why doesn't she make a thousand of them? There can be thousands of Swords of Power in all kinds of shapes and sizes that any member of the Grayskull lineage can use to become He- and She-People.

Well, I guess that explains why there are so many candy-colored versions out there and passed out like Skittles, as an earlier poster said. Maybe the sword is of a distinctive, but not entirely unique, design that has been in in use for centuries.

Man, I can think about the sword forever. It's the epicenter of my geekery for this line.

This is a iconic item, and since it does look different than the current one, and my canon is Filmation....I think we should have gotten it in the 30th anniversary, or at least the 30th of Filmation....The sword looks better and less bloated than the Vintage based sword we have that looks nothing like the Filmation blade aside from a similarity in shape, but since it's a twin sword to She-Ra's, He-Man should have a slightly bigger sword than hers, and obviously without the gem.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!