Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOW: THE HEROIC ARCHER Thread

BOW: THE HEROIC ARCHER Thread

BOW: THE HEROIC ARCHER.

Member of the elite band of fugitives known as the Great Rebellion.

The only outstanding heroic male on Etheria to make it into the POP line.

The original renegade in bicycle pants.

He's Awesome. But the forums don't discuss him much. We should.

Is anyone else besides me eager to get Bow? In spite of the teasing he gets, I really think he's cool-- and he's an easy one for the MOTUC!

Thoughts?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I'm right there with you! I can't wait to see what the Horsemen do with Bow. I always loved him, but hated his original PoP figure.

Now I have to ask who did that artwork for the updated Bow? It's pretty amazing - I'd love to see more of their work, especially if they did any other characters!

I've always liked Bow. He is one of the few PoP figures I'm not worried about because he will pretty much look awesome regardless because of the horsemen.

This guy has been an anamoly while I was growing up! I got him from a friend who didn't want him (sorta; I was one of those "hey, can I borrow this?" kinda kids, and that often ended up in gaining figures as well) and I was told that he was a different version of Adam, and that the heart pumping thing was because he was nervious around girls. (I was also told that he came with a black power sword that was actually sharp, so I took it with a grain of salt, even back in those days). So I still have this guy, and I was only a few years ago that I finally found out who he was!

Anyway, I always thought he looked cool, and I love the removeable armor that he originally came with. I'm hoping for two heads, though. The moustache...oy. Not sure I can stand it. Gotta be there, though, since that was his main look in the toon. Of course, only having the moustached head isn't a deal breaker for me! He still looks cool, and I'll be interested in filling out some standard PoP ranks since I never had any.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Originall from Milwaukee, WI. Just moved to St. Pete, FL
    The differences between the MOTU and POP lines always annoyed me as a kid. I am so excited to finaly get a bow figure that actually fits in the the rest of the MOTU guys.

I'm just so thankful that we have MOTUC to bring these two lines together finaly.

I hope to see more POP included soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersFan81 View Post
    Now I have to ask who did that artwork for the updated Bow? It's pretty amazing - I'd love to see more of their work, especially if they did any other characters!
    I snagged the image from somewhere here on the org. I followed a link from a general image search on the web... And yes, that version makes me want him even more! I'm digging the chinbeard look for him, and the He-Ro boots would get another use, too!

Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    After looking at the original toy again, I think he will make an awesom addition to MOTUC. The way I see it, he'll have:

Classic hero body
    He-ro/Zodak Boots and belt
    Armor with exposed mid-riff and cape
    2 heads: moustached, and clean shaven.

I only hope that he loses the Luke Skywalker hair. I think he'd look better with something tightly cropped, or let him go totally emo!

-Necrono

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I would love to see the 4H's bow for him!! To have detailed bow for Bow will just rule! I can't wait to get this figure!!

I don't want this line to ever end, but if it ended before we got to those two, that would not be a problem for me at all. If we do get them then I'll buy 2 like every other figure and be glad for their fans, but I'm OK without them.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

He's a "must have" figure for my collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Same here! And I remember reading in an old Toyfare article about the Classics line that at least one of the Horsemen was excited about getting Bow into the line, so hopefully we won't have to wait too long for him!

I hope he comes with 2 heads like MAA, 1 based on the original figure and 1 based on his Filmation look w/ a mustache. I could live with or without the cape. Kowl as a bonus accessory is a must unless he is coming in a 2-pack with Orko.

2 Heads would be great. I much prefer the original toy, but would definitely want the mustached face since so many others want it.

I never really liked the character on the cartoon.. he was one of the few characters on either the MOTU or POP cartoon I could have seen disappear forever, and I wouldn't have minded.

The figure, and the box art just made him seem more substantial and less of an arrogant jester-type (as in the cartoon). He could be REALLY cool in the hands of the 4H. I was looking at the figure the other day wondering how he might have been done in the MOTU line. Would his action feature have been an arrow-shooting arm?

I like the heart motif. I made a 200X Bow and used the heart on a clasp to keep his cape on. I hope they do something like that.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post
    The differences between the MOTU and POP lines always annoyed me as a kid. I am so excited to finaly get a bow figure that actually fits in the the rest of the MOTU guys.

I'm just so thankful that we have MOTUC to bring these two lines together finaly.

I hope to see more POP included soon.
    same here. He has to have his mustache though, just like MAA.

IMO, he should be the next pop character after She-ra.... well, maybe have a villan like Catra first, then make Bow. And Kowl is a must as well, unless they pack him with orko, which would be even better since it'd mean we'd get him sooner.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    This!

Bring on MOTUC Bow!!!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

I cannot wait for Bow! He should have:

-Bow and arrows (with quiver!)
    -his harp (or what's the word?)
    -Kowl!
    -and 2 heads, one mustachioed and one like the vitage toy

Bow's a ladies' man. He's like the Lando Calrissian of MOTU!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I would love to have Bow, it is very exciting but nerve racking waiting to see what is done with him. I know that there are restrictions to how POP will look but I am confident in the line and how it has pogressed.
    The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you.

Bow was always a fav of mine!!

My only POP toys were She-Ra, Catra, Bow, and Swiftwind.

I really look forward to a MOTUC Bow.
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I'm sure the Horsemen can do wonders with Bow figure wise. I'm more concerned about his bio. I'm a bit worried that since Mattel can't make Sea Hawk right now they'll put something in Bow's bio to make him seem like the love interest for Adora/She-Ra.

I'm sure that there are some here who would be fine with this, but not me. AdoraXSea Hawk 4 ever! Don't get me wrong it's not that I have anything particular against Bow, I just like Sea Hawk better.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

If Bow ends up with two heads, I hope the mustached head also has a goatee stripe down the chin. Maybe it'll make him look like one of the three musketeers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I'm sure the Horsemen can do wonders with Bow figure wise. I'm more concerned about his bio. I'm a bit worried that since Mattel can't make Sea Hawk right now they'll put something in Bow's bio to make him seem like the love interest for Adora/She-Ra.

I'm sure that there are some here who would be fine with this, but not me. AdoraXSea Hawk 4 ever! Don't get me wrong it's not that I have anything particular against Bow, I just like Sea Hawk better.
    Agree Sea Hawk and Adora.

But yeah, I really really am going to be happy to have a MOTUC version of Bow that fits into the rest of the male characters. I always hated that he didnt fit.

I know the 4h will do wonders. I do hope there is a mustachioed choice. I want bow, quiver, and if possible the lyre lute whatever that the bow changed into in the 'toon, though I understand if it has a different design. Heck, I'd like a lyre even if it isn't specifically his transformed bow, just so he has that option.

He could be a really cool, and terribly uniqe figure, and I'm excited to think about his existance.

Course now that makes me ache for a Sea Hawk. Explitive! Now I need Shadow Weaver & Sea Hawk....sigh.

Go Bow!

Originall from Milwaukee, WI. Just moved to St. Pete, FL
    I always saw it as a bit of a love triangle.

Sea Hawk had a thing for Adora, but no interest in She-ra, while Bow had a thing for She-Ra, but no romantic interest in Adora.

I so hope that Mattel can work out some sort of deal to get the rights to the filmation characters. Sea Hawk, Shadow Weaver, Madame Razz and Light Hope are all important characters in the POP mythos, IMHO, and I really want them to show up in the Classics line.

Heroic Warrior
    I love Bow and can't wait for him, though that updated version of him is not to my liking. Yikes, it's way too busy for me and that design looks so bulky for Bow. This is probably something most people wouldn't notice but the arrowheads are all the same. I don't mean any offense to anyone that drew or designed it-its well done just not what I'd hope for.

I hope we get two heads with him, and his armor..and I'm hoping against the chin hair on him if a mustache head comes along. It's taken me 25 years to get used to the 'stache, and I hope they let Sea Hawk have it. You never know, the Filmation rights could come along at some point. And I don't think its a bad thing having the beating heart aspect of his history somehow worked into his MOTUC character even if She-Ra doesn't reciprocate the actual feelings in the story. Maybe Hordak tied to use his heart for something him and to save his life She-Ra had to use the sword of protection on him to make a new one to keep him alive? The end result is Bow has some insight when She-Ra is in danger or something.

For accessories I'd hope for the quiver/bow, the armor, lyre, and head. Possibly headband, I can't decide if I'd like the clean shaven head to have the headband on it as part of the sculpt or not. She-Ra, Bow, Angella, Glimmer, Catra, and Frosta can't get here soon enough for me. And hopefully a reissue of Hordak.

I'd love to see Bow on MOTUC.

If they're going to reuse parts I can see mattel/4H reusing:
    He-Ro's Boots
    He-Ro's Armuards
    Hordak's left hand
    He-Ro's loincloth (maybe Optikk's)

Now Bow's Torso might be a pain. (under Armor, Armor and the Heart)
    How about this: Bow's under armor and heart being Tampographed into Bow's torso. (only if a separate thin under armor can't be made.)
    His cape should be a separate piece form the Armor. (Can be used with the armor or without it.)

I'd give up on the second head if we get a removable under armor and a cape that can be worn with or without armor... (Besides how hard can it be to draw 2 small lines above Bow's upper lip...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

It could be that if Bow were produced this year (or next) that they could create the standard looking hip/buttocks for him. I know that other male characters would benefit from that piece of tooling-- NA heroes for example.

I actually really love that art sketch at the top of the thread there. TILT mentioned that the goatee concept harkens SeaHawk, but it looks really awesome on Bow.

If they don't do small creature two packs (Orko/Gwildor, Kowl/Lookee) then a simply designed scale accurate Kowl and Lookee could be packed in with other POP figures. Kowl fits perfectly with Bow. Lookee could be packed in with one of the lower tiered POP ladies to encourage sales.

In fact, it would be a real hoot if LOOKEE were packaged at random with POP figures. He was very small, right? And we don't need 60 points of articulation on him...