Thread: No Goat Man at NYCC - quota being allocated to SDCC.

No Goat Man at NYCC - quota being allocated to SDCC.

NY fans can instead get Goat Man at Power-Con and it's up for preorder again for a limited time. They can preorder Goat Man as they are purchasing their ticket to the show:
    http://www.thepower-con.com/tickets/

Hey Matty Fans! A quick update... due to scheduling conflicts we regret we'll be unable to attend NYCC this fall. In light of this change, we're going to be bringing the quota of Goat Man allocated for NY to SDCC this year. Hope to see as many of you as possible in San Diego!
    https://www.facebook.com/MattyCollector

We'll likely do a few reveals online in our news section the weekend of NYCC. For Power Con we'll try and work with the Horsemen to handle some reveals!
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2141091178
    Last edited by AdultCollector; June 12, 2014 at 12:35am.

I'm not a convention-goer, so I wouldn't know this:

Is it strange that they aren't just selling them to the convention organizers to sell? Other conventions without a Mattel booth are selling them, right? I have no stake in it either way, I just don't understand why they wouldn't still offer the stock to NY, if that was its intended destination.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

So no matty booth at all? Well that's bad news for me!! Planned on picking up a few.
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Does this change affect Power-Con also?

https://www.facebook.com/MattyCollector
    Folks can still get them at Power-Con in Queens, NY this year. With this news of no MattyCollector or Goat Man at NYCC, we'll open back up the preorders for Goat Man for a short while longer.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Maybe I am looking to far into this, but with the announcement of them not attending power-con and now not attending NYCC, I feel like this is really bad news for Matty collector all together. Motuc is really their only thriving brand. Maybe it really is coming to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    Maybe I am looking to far into this, but with the announcement of them not attending power-con and now not attending NYCC, I feel like this is really bad news for Matty collector all together. Motuc is really their only thriving brand. Maybe it really is coming to an end.
    Hopefully, it is just because everyone knows basically what is coming next year? Why spend all that money on traveling to conventions to announce figures that everyone already knows about? Usually, the point would be to SELL the next year, but that seems kind of like a moot point right now. It would kind of be a waste of time and money.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

I don't think it's coming to an end. What k-ot said seemed pretty spot on

Gonna' be really weird without a Mattel booth! I usually only go for the Mattel booth.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Gonna' be really weird without a Mattel booth! I usually only go for the Mattel booth.
    Yea me too. I'm still gonna go and hunt down other figures I'm missing from other booths.

Just shows we really need to band together for 2015 to go through. I think this is end game. Come next year Matty collector is motuc collector. Either way, a healthy website would not skip the second biggest con and a con dedicated to motuc all at once. The money looks to have run out.

Still an excellent run,and it was fun! We have our castle,now let's finish this as we started it....together!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

It's no secret that Mattel has made pretty sweeping budget cuts this year, as their profits weren't as high as expected last year.

I guarantee that this is more of a larger budget issue, having nothing to do with the MOTUC line. Other than SDCC, the con appearances are an expense they can probably do without.

I'm kinda sad about them not being at NYCC. I likely won't bother going now.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Yea me too. I'm still gonna go and hunt down other figures I'm missing from other booths.
    Me too. Some booths have great prices for the MOTUC items. NYCC is the only time I can fill in the gaps.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    It's always a little annoying when NY seems to get the short end of the stick, but personally it's not a big deal for me. I already got Goat Man, and while I go to their panel, lately it's five minutes of reveals that everyone on the internet can see five minutes later.

So that'll free up some time/cash for other things. Like filling in my back catalog of Batman comics.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    I am actually more curious how Monster High and Ever After High dolls will be re-allocated. People on the East coast are shut out between SDCC and Early Access buyers, unless Mattel legit saves them for Day-of sales on the site in August.

If you ever needed an argument in favor of being a Club Eternia Subscriber, this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It's no secret that Mattel has made pretty sweeping budget cuts this year, as their profits weren't as high as expected last year.

I guarantee that this is more of a larger budget issue, having nothing to do with the MOTUC line. Other than SDCC, the con appearances are an expense they can probably do without.

I'm kinda sad about them not being at NYCC. I likely won't bother going now.
    I personally could care less if they attend NYCC, as I won't be there, as long as we get the typical reveals. Sounds like via a recent 'Ask Matty' response that we'll still get those reveals, so yay!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I will miss them at NYCC... but I already got my GoatMan... Thank Goodness!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I agree 2015 will need a major push to make it happen. Matty not attending these shows is really an eye opener. Like a few of you have said, after the finale reveals for this year we should have a good idea on who's coming next year, so why spend the money on smaller shows to promote what we already know.

Yeah, I'm not so sure this bodes well for 2015. Not to say that it's already been cancelled or anything, but I don't think we should take the mentality of, "2015 is coming whether people sub or not."

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Yeah, I'm not so sure this bodes well for 2015. Not to say that it's already been cancelled or anything, but I don't think we should take the mentality of, "2015 is coming whether people sub or not."
    Very true. I think that anyone making that assumption is taking a HUGE leap of faith.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

With emotions running high and everything, we are going to see a lot of odd behavior and reactions. I think there is a small group of people who kind of want the line to die, and want to convince other people not to sub - maybe for self-validation, who knows, but saying things like, "Stop subbing! We're getting the toys anyway!" could be one way to try to achieve this.

Not that it would ake too much of a difference, let's be honest.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    now that power-con was cancelled, can these be sold at NYCC??
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog