Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need ideas to trim my collection

Heroic Warrior

Need ideas to trim my collection

The central theme of my collection is He-man and the Masters vs Skeletor and his evil warriors. I feel like I have a few figures, that dont quite fit in. Can you guys help me with which ones to get rid of??

Clamp-champ
    Psy-klone
    Gygor
    Fang man
    Strong-or

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Gygor Or Strongor Or Both if you ask me !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    The central theme of my collection is He-man and the Masters vs Skeletor and his evil warriors. I feel like I have a few figures, that dont quite fit in. Can you guys help me with which ones to get rid of??

Clamp-champ
    Psy-klone
    Gygor
    Fang man
    Strong-or
    Clamp-Champ and Strong-or I'd keep Gygor only cause it's nice to have height variety.
    Sell me your Unnamed One, keep Son of He-Man going I need a Dare/Hero II now.

I offed Clamp Champ cause I have no room for a MAA murderer in my collection.

Clamp Champ came after my time as a kid. As an adult, he just seems like an alternate version of Fisto, to me. I don't need him. Gygor is cool, so I'd keep him based on that. Sy-Klone was always one of my childhood Masters, so he'd stay.

For me, StongArm and Fang Man are one-off characters that I never cared about and the figures look WAY cartoony, compared to the other figures. I have no plans on ever buying either of those. So, from your list, I guess I'd only keep Gygor and Sy-Klone.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

I skipped Gygor myself due to the different size and storage concerns. I love Fangman so wouldn't dream of getting rid of him.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Although I love all of these figures, none of them are essential in the theme with which you are working.

For He-Man and Skeletor, these characters are more like "extended family"......
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    because of that and lack of space and will most likely stick with NA figures only in the future.

Not saying i'll sell the rest, but will probably store them away

Clamp-champ
    Gygor
    Sy-Klone

Gygor looks horrible to me, and doesn't exist in my stories, neither does Clamp (although I do like his MOTUC figure), I never had his vintage toy. Sy-Klone....I don't recall him being on the Filmation cartoon....I had the toy, but was never attached to him very much.

But Strong Arm and Fang Man are Filmation characters, and ones even though used once or so, are part of Skeletor's minions.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Sell me your Fisto at under $50. That will help you greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Clamp-champ
    Gygor
    Sy-Klone

Gygor looks horrible to me, and doesn't exist in my stories, neither does Clamp (although I do like his MOTUC figure), I never had his vintage toy. Sy-Klone....I don't recall him being on the Filmation cartoon....I had the toy, but was never attached to him very much.

But Strong Arm and Fang Man are Filmation characters, and ones even though used once or so, are part of Skeletor's minions.
    Sy-Klone was on at least two Filmation episodes. I can't remember which ones they were off the top of my head, but they were all in the last batch of 32 episodes that were released on DVD a few years back.

dump gygor, keep the rest.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I would keep Clamp Champ. Ditch his clamp if you think it looks silly and give him some different weapons. I gave mine the grey WP Triklops sword.

Sy-Clone is technically a heroic Warrior, and fits into the theme. Or visually is he too bright?

Fang Man and Strong Arm are open to interpretation. if you don't care for how they look and they don't fit I say ditch them.

I don't even own Gygor.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Don't understand why you'd dump Sy-Clone and Clampster if you want He-Man and the Masters. They're Masters!

So many different opinions....what will power do....lol

Dump Strong-Or.
    He looks to simplistic and cartoony to fit in IMO
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    I would keep SyKlone and StrongOr

You can't get rid of Sy Klone, he is part of the main Crüe, the rest are cool figs, like Fang Mannnn
    FS MOTU Vintage figures in Zoloworld cases and mini comics:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...oloworld-cases

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    dump gygor, keep the rest.
    What this guy said!
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I can't imagine getting rid of any of my figures, but understand if you don't have the room, $$$, or desire to keep them all. With that said, I wouldn't ever get rid of Sy-Klone or Clamp Champ.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    If you look at it this way removing Gygor would free you up quite a bit of room. He takes up about two standard sized figures. I giant ape does not seem that fitting. The big giant ape seems rather common in a lot of media. The character is not all that essential to have among the character variety in motuc. He would not really be missed all that much.
    Fang Man is another that can be taken out. He has a lot of goofiness to him & is not all that vital as a character. Defiantly not the most appealing or a character that would be missed all that much either. He was a character that never got more than one episode or much of a chance to really be included in any more story. Unless you are someone that really uses your endless imagination like I had in motu story.
    The others really have a much stronger place among the collection.

Personally if it where me I would not forfit a single one.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Clamp-champ
    Psy-klone
    Gygor
    Fang man
    Strong-or
    Gygor is one cool over-sized figure. He's not exactly an essential entry in the He-Man / Skeletor crew, but if you already have him then it would be madness to sell him! I did this the first time around and regretted it so much that I bought him back for double the price. He poses so well and looks so intimidating alongside Skeletor's evil minions.

Psy-Klone is hugely nostalgic for me and was part of the original toyline (as with Clamp-Champ), although does he mean something to YOU?

I always liked Clamp-champ as a figure, but I never personally owned the original. I'd say that he's definitely a good candidate for ditching. But depends if you are wanting only classic line characters, or if your collection is ongoing and misc?

Strong-or is cartoony yes, but also very cool, but again do YOU care about or want to collect the filmation characters. For me, it's a must and perhaps more important than any other sub-line in the range. But with that said Fang man would be my own second figure I would nominate for ditching.

However, it's really up to YOU, we can only give our opinions and advise.

And...as you can clearly read we all have diversely different views on this lol

Heroic Warrior
    Gygor is gone. I seriously did not have room for him on the coffee table that I have set the castle and all the figures.He was always sitting on the bottom tray any way.The others I can at least fit them in or around the castle. I hate clamp champ and strong-or keep toppling over because of their heavy weapons, so they might be next in line.

Gygor is gone. I seriously did not have room for him on the coffee table that I have set the castle and all the figures.He was always sitting on the bottom tray any way.The others I can at least fit them in or around the castle. I hate clamp champ and strong-or keep toppling over because of their heavy weapons, so they might be next in line.
    Great to hear that you made a decision! At the end of the day it's all about YOU being happy with your collection Nice work

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    What this guy said!
    I agree, I sold Gygor to...dont need him...its a yellow leather ape...