Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Travelling Con Exclusive - Goat Man in MOTUC!

Another highly anticipated figure to never happen. hope to obtain mullitiples, im going to army build with these MATTEL, you've been warnedI just hope they don't change the face sculpt I think many of us would try to army build with this one.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He's turned out pretty amazing
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    you know when I heard Goat man I thought oh great just a goat like character and would look goofy. This guy actually like kick A's.

I am very happy to be getting him. He's the one really obscure character that I hoped would make it into the line. But, I have to say, I am disappointed by the design teams "adjustments" to the armor and to the head sculpt.

The armor width, as we know, is a continuing issue that should have ended months ago.

Now I see they made his cheeks gaunt, and changed the stern look to his brow. Also, his horns are darker gray, when before they were light gray.

I will never understand why Ruben and his team think they can do a better job than the 4H in terms of the "look" of these characters.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Goat Man and Blade really look spooky! great pictures! Seems like 2014 is going to be a strong year for Classics.
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone else hearing Dave Grohl's voice coming from Goat Man ala Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny?

He is cool looking, except the armor looks too bulky.

Heroic Warrior
    He looks awful--totally lame--obscure, unwanted--just the worst figure ever made.

Everyone should boycott this waste of plastic.

Especially since I need to army build the hell out of this mofo.

So stoked about this guy... my kids loved him the golden books, "We need a Goatman Dad!" I know they will welcome him, I will most likely pick him up at NYCC, Strobo was easy peasy to get once the Monster High figure sold out. I hope that Mattel makes 2 lines at NYCC this year, one for Monster High, one for everything else!

Really not sure why there are peg holes on the boots tho... I thought that was a thing of the past!
    Last edited by RyDell; January 12, 2014 at 01:10pm.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    Using the old-style Shin guards is LAME
    I think they were trying to stay as faithful to the original design as possible. Since the original design had simple boots, they already had this tooled and scuplted, saving on cost of the figure. This is how they can squeeze in extra accessories or paint apps.

I personally would have liked to have seen some kind of silver knee guards, maybe in an animal head (goat head?) instead of that staff.

I can't wait for this guy to join my evil warriors. Great to see Golden Books represented and I like his design.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I think they were trying to stay as faithful to the original design as possible. Since the original design had simple boots, they already had this tooled and scuplted, saving on cost of the figure. This is how they can squeeze in extra accessories or paint apps.

I personally would have liked to have seen some kind of silver knee guards, maybe in an animal head (goat head?) instead of that staff.
    I meant the old pinned version is lame. I think they should have used the new version like on Plundor. The actual part is fine by me just version 2.0 would have been nice but as you say it's all about sqeezing the $

Has it been said if he will be available from EA / Matty during NYTF this weekend?
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/ Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Has it been said if he will be available from EA / Matty during NYTF this weekend?
    I don't think he'll be at any cons until fall. I could be mistaken.

Heroic Warrior
    I really like this guy of all the traveling con figs so far.I am gonna have to paint the torso red(bad guys should not wear halter tops)and try to track down something goatlike for kneepads

Another figure ruined by bulky underarm syndrome
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    A little dremeling will fix that Lich Leech.

Interesting and unexpected that people want to army build with the old goat.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Goat Man is by far, my favorite traveling Con Exclusive and getting him will make up for the Unwanted One.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by buzzed off View Post
    A little dremeling will fix that Lich Leech.
    Has anyone made a video showing how to fix the bulky armour problem? I'd love to know how to sort it out.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    TG/Matty has stated that it will show up in very limited quantities on the site in April, but will be available at some conventions before that - they weren't more clear on if that includes NYTF or not.

I can't wait for this guy. He is, along with Fang Man and Fearless Photog, part of the trio of characters I most wanted as a kid but never got produced.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior
    Rodster6 the only way I know is to trim off the tabs and crazy glue the armor1404423_683332765033856_1449199483_o.jpg or tunic to the chest or back of the figure so the ab crunch is still able to move.like what I did here for sea hawk.I also dremeled his underarm muscle as well

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    TG/Matty has stated that it will show up in very limited quantities on the site in April, but will be available at some conventions before that - they weren't more clear on if that includes NYTF or not.

I can't wait for this guy. He is, along with Fang Man and Fearless Photog, part of the trio of characters I most wanted as a kid but never got produced.
    With NYTF being more of a professional/media event than a fan event, I wouldn't expect him to be sold there. NYTF is more of a display of product to sell a concept/line to retailers and such than a way to sell to collectors and fans so, I believe, there aren't really any sales going on there for anything.

Everytime I see this thread I get a smile on my face, because I remember that we're FINALLY getting a figure I've wanted since I was a little kid learning to read with the Super Adventure books!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Im considering painting on some red to areas on his neck, shoulder & forearms. To give him that hairy or fading in look to his detail. Kinda like clawful fading paint detail.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor