Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would give up Ab Articulation for Action Features?

Who would give up Ab Articulation for Action Features?

Looking at the Man-E-Faces thread at the mock figure, it looks as though he would not have ab-articulation if favor of rotating heads. Also some are a little disappointed with BA He-Man, because removing the armor to change the plates is annoying and increases the possibility that the armor might break. So I pose this question who among you would give up ab-articulation in favor of some action features such as a manually controlled barrel in He-Man's chest for the damage or moving gears in Roboto's chest? I'm not talking about spring loaded punches and caps for TP He-Man, just the simple stuff.

no, i do not want action features, i am pleased with the figures the way they are.
    Good Journey

Heroic Warrior
    NO!!!!!

and Man-e-faces should have his spinning head without losing his abs.

I personally wouldn't either as these are collectors' items to me not toys as I don't play with them. Some people would like some features to remain at the cost of articulation just trying gauge how many.

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely not! These figures are perfect just the way they are. Don't fix something if it isn't broken.

I have never been bothered about action features even as a child. They just tended to get in the way. Anything extra ordinary I wanted the figure to do I could just imagine far batter than any action feature they put on.

I've outgrown action features... but I haven't outgrown the Ab Crunch... I mean even the Ninja Turtles have Ab Articulation. Why must we give it away with MOTUC?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I would give up the ab crunch for free.

In a heartbeat, I'd dump the ab crunch, the twisting calves, the twisting biceps for action features. BA He-Man just isn't the same without the barrell. Annd I think it's a shame that these are not treated more like toys. I'd prefer if they were durable enough to giive to my kid without worrying about the ankles snapping.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

Action Features ALL THE WAY! But the rotating barrel or Man-E-Faces can be easily done without removing the ab crunch. The problem with BA he-Man is that they need to tool a new chest and they don't want or can't spend the money to do that which imho is a shame for a $20 action figure.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Heroic Warrior
    I NEED the ab articulation for display purposes... When I pose them, there are times when I need to arch the figure back or forward to balance it.

I like BA He-man but I wish they would have made the chest plate rotate like the original toy. Only in his case would I sacrifice ab articulation.

Man-E-Faces better have the rotating head... Afterall, Tri-Klops' head rotates.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Since I don't have afternoon MOTUC battles anymore, I couldn't care less about action features.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I hate action features and gimmicks that compramise an otherwise great figure. I think the action features have been handled great so far(ie battle armor he-man and to a lesser extent triklops). Leave the MOTUC figures alone. They are near perfect as it is (themselves not obtaining them of course.)

Heroic Warrior
    NO NO NO NO NO NO... Is that enough?

Depending on the figure, I would be okay with this. I wouldnt want to discard the ab crunch for all figures, but only those that it would make sense for. Like Roboto or Mekanek.

Personally, I'm not in the least bit interested in action features.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

No thanks.

I don't mind an action feature if they ad one, but not if there are giving up anything that'll make a figure inconsistant with the rest of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    No thanks.

I don't mind an action feature if they ad one, but not if there are giving up anything that'll make a figure inconsistant with the rest of the line.
    See, now that's how I view it too. Action features are for toys that are played with and I don't think most people who collect* this line actually play with these like they did when they were kids. I could see giving up some for certain characters just as a nod but I wouldn't want any period.

* The collect part is my stab at re-sellers.

Nahhhh....I'm okay without the action features....even though it would be nice for the Battle Armor.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

I hate the ab-articulation anyway. I think it's the one area where I think the figure looks weird, especially in the back, where it looks like someone carved out pieces of their skin with a power sword. That's why I think the female figures look so much better in that aspect.

I only think there are a few where I would eliminate ab-articulation such as, Dragstor, Blast Attack, the Battle Armors, Roboto, and possibly Mosquitor.

I like Mattel's idea with Mekaneck, by including pieces for an extended neck instead of twisting his waist to the side for his neck to raise.

Kobra Khan is another situation with his water action feature, but for him, I think I would rather have a great sculpt of the figure without having to sacrifice a messed up head to accomodate as a water mister.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Maybe I would if the ab articulation was the only one to go. However, to make most action features work you'd have to lose more than the ab articulation. But as most of the posters have said before me, I don't "play" with these figures as I did when I was a boy. I don't need the action features anymore to make these figures cool. The improved aesthetics mixed with the increased articulation is more than enough for me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I would use the term "Bonus Features". Something one figure has that no one else has, i.e.:

Man-E
    Mekky
    Ram-man

It'd be a nice change of pace if they could manage to incorporate their special features (not necessarily action-based) in one package. I'm getting a little bit tired of all the extra figure kibble!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Ab-articulation could be sacrificed to give Dragstor a rotating wheel, a buzz-saw chest for Hordak, provide internalised extensions for Extendar and allow Blast Attak to split in half. Other than these figures, I can see no reason why ab articulation should be removed. Obviously we have missed the boat on the Battle-Armor figures.

Man-E can use ab-articulation just fine, so long as they give him a rotating head.

Court Magician

Action Features are what Makes MOTU so cool...

I would have to say that this is where I have to say MOTU classics is terrible...

I opened my Battle Armor He-man today, saw how silly the chest plates are instead of the action feature and just shook my head and put him back in the box never caring to see him again.

I like the way the figures look, but 200X looked pretty good (better in most cases) and now we get no action features?

I do not want a Roboto without a beating heart.

I do not want a Mantenna without the crazy eyes... and forget a Kobra kahn that does not shoot water!??!!??!

I hate the ab crunch articulation altogether. Ruins the chest armors. I'd ditch it in exchange for nothing - or better looking armor, that is.