Thread: MotUC Missile Launcher Optikk Speculation

Hybrid View

MotUC Missile Launcher Optikk Speculation

OK, we know that Optikk is the May 2010 figure. We also know that he's based on the original toy, but will feature two eyeballs, one based on the old art, the other based on the old toy.

However, in the episode 'The Games' near the end of the NA series, Optikk received a weapons upgrade from the Blacksmith of Crelus. He was given new armour and a deadly missile launcher. Do you think we will get this as a figure? Does Mattel even have the rights for this? Will you buy such a figure? Or will the NA haters start screaming that this will be "killin teh lien"?
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    No action features.

Learn it, live it, love it.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    No action features. Learn it, live it, love it.
    You know, I read Novelty's post like Three or Four times, and I didn't see a mention of action features anywhere.
    But yeah, the missile launcher would be great to have. As for the other amour, I just thank God for the Optikk we're getting. A whole lot of the NA haters are already bleeding from the ears because of it, let alone variants.
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.
    I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Treeface View Post
    You know, I read Novelty's post like Three or Four times, and I didn't see a mention of action features anywhere.
    But yeah, the missile launcher would be great to have. As for the other amour, I just thank God for the Optikk we're getting. A whole lot of the NA haters are already bleeding from the ears because of it, let alone variants.
    Wouldn't a launching missile constitute an action feature?
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    It wouldn't have to actually launch, but yes, the little missile-headset thing would make a neat little pack-in for the extra head. But I'm just happy we're getting an Optikk at all!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    It wouldn't have to actually launch, but yes, the little missile-headset thing would make a neat little pack-in for the extra head.
    What Thatman said. I wonder if they could do it in time for this release of Optikk. Then we don't need a variant down the road.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Wouldn't a launching missile constitute an action feature?
    Not if it was designed like Prince Adam's weapon from 200X. And by weapon, I mean the mace he came with, which I actually separate into a mace and a telescope (for when Mekaneck isn't around).
    Last edited by josh; January 27, 2010 at 12:35pm. Reason: Added clarity

Or it doesn't have to do anything, it could just be sculpted to look like it could. Still, he looks just fine without it.
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.
    I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.

No action features.

http://filmfanatic.org/reviews/wp-co...s-reinhold.png

Learn it, live it, love it.
    Except for glow in the dark plastic, and color change, and smell, and spring action claws.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    More new figures are needed before we get C-list varients. Don't get me wrong... I loved the Optik figure. But I'd rather see many others before this one.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Heroic Warrior
    I think we need more interesting characters and original NA characters first. NA variants ? Suuure... after 2019.

Yeah I don't think a variant is necessary, I just wish that more research was done to uncover this weapon and it was somehow adapted to his character rather then creating a brand new weapon (his shield) for him. If they didn't have the rights to it, then it puts a kibosh on it, but what they could have done was give him a missile launcher as well as his photon neutralizer, instead of it being part of his armor, creating a new weapon out of the missile launcher rather then the shield. I hate variants all together and would rather use those spots in the calendar for new characters, but I know there are others out there that feel the opposite of what I do. I don't think it it necessary to create any variants for the NA line, for guys like flogg, hoove, hydron, and flipshot include all the accessories with the first release of them just like they did for catra. That way their 2 accessories are already known, and you dont have to worry about making the variants, For Skelator and heman, I dont feel they are very different,skelator more then heman, but again include all the accessories that came with the variants in one package and you are set.