Results 1 to 25 of 136

Thread: SAUROD in MOTUC

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Alicante, Spain
    Posts
    2,205

    SAUROD in MOTUC

    This is a very cool character from the 1987 MOVIE, but he lacks of bio because he was just appeared in the film.

    I believe that MOTUC Saurod must be included in the Snakemen.

    SAUROD
    Evil master of death energy.

    He is a bounty hunter obsessed with richness, Saurod is always looking for money and treasures.

    He is very loyal to King Hsss and obeys all his orders. But when there isnīt any request of his King he can works for the highest bidder.

    He is a master of hunter, expert in energy.


    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

    2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior PuffyVinze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    132
    In the movie he was a henchman of Skeletor along with Blade (who I believe also appeared only in the movie).

    So if Saurod or Blade will be released in the future they should tie them in a bio with Skeletor. The Snake Men idea is interesting, but I personally prefer the original idea.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Fugitoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyVinze View Post
    In the movie he was a henchman of Skeletor along with Blade (who I believe also appeared only in the movie).

    So if Saurod or Blade will be released in the future they should tie them in a bio with Skeletor. The Snake Men idea is interesting, but I personally prefer the original idea.
    Evil Lyn assembles some bounty hunters in a scene like that in Empire. Technically, his affiliation could be to the Snakemen, but also sell his services to Skeletor.

    If we look at the mini-comics, there is sometimes an alliance between the two forces.
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

  4. #4
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,529
    Saurod is my favorite of the three produced 1987 movie characters. Personally I would rather not see him affiliated with the Snake Men.

  5. #5
    in stealth appearantly Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,562
    I love if they would include Saurod. I also see him as a Snakeman bounty hunter, but loyal to Skeletor, unlike Kobra Kahn.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

  6. #6
    Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,163
    I'd love to see Saurod and Blade joining Skeletor's ranks in MOTUC
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

  7. #7
    Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    147
    Saurod is cool, and I agree; he should be a member of the Snake-men.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Ray H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    76
    If they were looking for a non-movie place for him to be from i actually think he looks more like NA character than a snakeman.

  9. #9
    Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Savage, Minnesota
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    This is a very cool character from the 1987 MOVIE, but he lacks of bio because he was just appeared in the film.

    I believe that MOTUC Saurod must be included in the Snakemen.

    SAUROD
    Evil master of death energy.

    He is a bounty hunter obsessed with richness, Saurod is always looking for money and treasures.

    He is very loyal to King Hsss and obeys all his orders. But when there isnīt any request of his King he can works for the highest bidder.

    He is a master of hunter, expert in energy.

    http://pages.suddenlink.net/soundwav...igs/saurod.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...out-saurod.jpg
    I could see him as a bounty hunter, but I say if you do that, go all the way. Make his only loyalty to himself and the highest bidder. MOTU doesn't have enough of the non-affiliation variety. We had Twova and Badra, but once they were fused by Skeletor, they seem to have lost their potency and hung around Snake Mountain.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior The Horrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Antwerp/Belgium
    Posts
    873
    I love Saurod. He has such a cool helmet design. The dumbest thing of the MOTU movie, let's kill the coolest original character of the movie the first.

    Not sure to wich faction he belongs. He doesn't really feel like a snake men. Maybe he stays with Skeletor. Anyway, I'm sure he will be a great addition to the line and a beautifull sculpt by the 4H.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mad City, WI
    Posts
    986

    MOTUC Saurod Support Thread

    An Org-er in the Lizzor thread suggested that Lizzor and Saurod could share parts, which is obviously the name of the game with this line. So that got me thinking about a Classics Saurod and here we are. I think we could see a "pre-paint" situation again where they use Modulok's crotch piece so Saurod could have a tail. However looking at it again, maybe not. Blue scaly Whiplash torso is a start, but I see the need for new arms and legs, not to mention the armor and head. Oy, it's looking like an almost 100% new tooled figure. What do you guys and gals think?

  12. #12
    folks die GoreIlla Dances DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,028
    Saurod While reusing as many parts as possible:
    Head: New
    Armor: New
    Torso and abs: Clawful
    Shoulders: King Hssss
    Biceps: He-Man
    Forearms:Trap Jaw
    Hands: Trap Jaw
    Crotch and Loincloth: New
    Tail: New
    Thighs: Trap Jaw (blegh!)
    shins:He-Ro
    Feet:Stratos
    weapon: New

    I hate reusing the Trap Jaw Thighs and forearms, but they COULD Work on him. (I'd rather have new pieces)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Saurod While reusing as many parts as possible:
    Head: New
    Armor: New
    Torso and abs: Clawful
    Shoulders: King Hssss
    Biceps: He-Man
    Forearms:Trap Jaw
    Hands: Trap Jaw
    Crotch and Loincloth: New
    Tail: New
    Thighs: Trap Jaw (blegh!)
    shins:He-Ro
    Feet:Stratos
    weapon: New

    I hate reusing the Trap Jaw Thighs and forearms, but they COULD Work on him. (I'd rather have new pieces)
    I agree with your assessment, except the He-Ro shins. And, I'd prefer new thighs and calves too. And new shoulders, if I'm gonna be really picky.

  14. #14
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,681
    Totally support Saurod! He's one of my TOP-5 figures that I still NEED. Best thing that came from that movie (imho of course...)
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Jeevesosiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, UK
    Posts
    1,283
    Saurod was always my favourite figure as a kid. Still my most wanted in the line.
    The Lurkiest

    **Scott please make me a Staghorn**

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior Torak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Totally support Saurod! He's one of my TOP-5 figures that I still NEED. Best thing that came from that movie (imho of course...)
    The original was a great toy. It was all about the spark, without that, he looses his appeal somewhat.

  17. #17
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    3,901
    yeah, keep him a servant of Skeletor.

    Is there not support of this character? I'd think him obvious, though nobody's favourite.

  18. #18
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,785
    I thought he was the coolest. it sucked that he was killed. I would have preferred it if Skeletor killed Beastman instead.
    How I felt when I was a kid.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

  19. #19
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    61
    I'm hoping that when we get Saurod, he has the same level of detail that Blade seems to have. Those two have always been huge favourites of mine.

  20. #20
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,785
    Quote Originally Posted by lemur View Post
    I'm hoping that when we get Saurod, he has the same level of detail that Blade seems to have. Those two have always been huge favourites of mine.
    I agree. It would be unjust not to have him with the same level of detail as Blade.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •