Thread: SAUROD in MOTUC

Hybrid View

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

SAUROD in MOTUC

This is a very cool character from the 1987 MOVIE, but he lacks of bio because he was just appeared in the film.

I believe that MOTUC Saurod must be included in the Snakemen.

SAUROD
    Evil master of death energy.

He is a bounty hunter obsessed with richness, Saurod is always looking for money and treasures.

He is very loyal to King Hsss and obeys all his orders. But when there isnīt any request of his King he can works for the highest bidder.

He is a master of hunter, expert in energy.

TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

In the movie he was a henchman of Skeletor along with Blade (who I believe also appeared only in the movie).

So if Saurod or Blade will be released in the future they should tie them in a bio with Skeletor. The Snake Men idea is interesting, but I personally prefer the original idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyVinze View Post
    In the movie he was a henchman of Skeletor along with Blade (who I believe also appeared only in the movie).

So if Saurod or Blade will be released in the future they should tie them in a bio with Skeletor. The Snake Men idea is interesting, but I personally prefer the original idea.
    Evil Lyn assembles some bounty hunters in a scene like that in Empire. Technically, his affiliation could be to the Snakemen, but also sell his services to Skeletor.

If we look at the mini-comics, there is sometimes an alliance between the two forces.
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

Saurod is my favorite of the three produced 1987 movie characters. Personally I would rather not see him affiliated with the Snake Men.

I love if they would include Saurod. I also see him as a Snakeman bounty hunter, but loyal to Skeletor, unlike Kobra Kahn.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'd love to see Saurod and Blade joining Skeletor's ranks in MOTUC
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    Saurod is cool, and I agree; he should be a member of the Snake-men.

If they were looking for a non-movie place for him to be from i actually think he looks more like NA character than a snakeman.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    This is a very cool character from the 1987 MOVIE, but he lacks of bio because he was just appeared in the film.

I believe that MOTUC Saurod must be included in the Snakemen.

SAUROD
    Evil master of death energy.

He is a bounty hunter obsessed with richness, Saurod is always looking for money and treasures.

He is very loyal to King Hsss and obeys all his orders. But when there isnīt any request of his King he can works for the highest bidder.

He is a master of hunter, expert in energy.

http://pages.suddenlink.net/soundwav...igs/saurod.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...out-saurod.jpg
    I could see him as a bounty hunter, but I say if you do that, go all the way. Make his only loyalty to himself and the highest bidder. MOTU doesn't have enough of the non-affiliation variety. We had Twova and Badra, but once they were fused by Skeletor, they seem to have lost their potency and hung around Snake Mountain.

I love Saurod. He has such a cool helmet design. The dumbest thing of the MOTU movie, let's kill the coolest original character of the movie the first.

Not sure to wich faction he belongs. He doesn't really feel like a snake men. Maybe he stays with Skeletor. Anyway, I'm sure he will be a great addition to the line and a beautifull sculpt by the 4H.

Heroic Warrior

MOTUC Saurod Support Thread

An Org-er in the Lizzor thread suggested that Lizzor and Saurod could share parts, which is obviously the name of the game with this line. So that got me thinking about a Classics Saurod and here we are. I think we could see a "pre-paint" situation again where they use Modulok's crotch piece so Saurod could have a tail. However looking at it again, maybe not. Blue scaly Whiplash torso is a start, but I see the need for new arms and legs, not to mention the armor and head. Oy, it's looking like an almost 100% new tooled figure. What do you guys and gals think?

Saurod While reusing as many parts as possible:
    Head: New
    Armor: New
    Torso and abs: Clawful
    Shoulders: King Hssss
    Biceps: He-Man
    Forearms:Trap Jaw
    Hands: Trap Jaw
    Crotch and Loincloth: New
    Tail: New
    Thighs: Trap Jaw (blegh!)
    shins:He-Ro
    Feet:Stratos
    weapon: New

I hate reusing the Trap Jaw Thighs and forearms, but they COULD Work on him. (I'd rather have new pieces)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Saurod While reusing as many parts as possible:
    Head: New
    Armor: New
    Torso and abs: Clawful
    Shoulders: King Hssss
    Biceps: He-Man
    Forearms:Trap Jaw
    Hands: Trap Jaw
    Crotch and Loincloth: New
    Tail: New
    Thighs: Trap Jaw (blegh!)
    shins:He-Ro
    Feet:Stratos
    weapon: New

I hate reusing the Trap Jaw Thighs and forearms, but they COULD Work on him. (I'd rather have new pieces)
    I agree with your assessment, except the He-Ro shins. And, I'd prefer new thighs and calves too. And new shoulders, if I'm gonna be really picky.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Totally support Saurod! He's one of my TOP-5 figures that I still NEED. Best thing that came from that movie (imho of course...)
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Saurod was always my favourite figure as a kid. Still my most wanted in the line.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Totally support Saurod! He's one of my TOP-5 figures that I still NEED. Best thing that came from that movie (imho of course...)
    The original was a great toy. It was all about the spark, without that, he looses his appeal somewhat.

yeah, keep him a servant of Skeletor.

Is there not support of this character? I'd think him obvious, though nobody's favourite.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I thought he was the coolest. it sucked that he was killed. I would have preferred it if Skeletor killed Beastman instead.
    How I felt when I was a kid.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Court Magician
    I'm hoping that when we get Saurod, he has the same level of detail that Blade seems to have. Those two have always been huge favourites of mine.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lemur View Post
    I'm hoping that when we get Saurod, he has the same level of detail that Blade seems to have. Those two have always been huge favourites of mine.
    I agree. It would be unjust not to have him with the same level of detail as Blade.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna