Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SAUROD in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    No, it wasn't a costume. Pons is really a lizard creature from another world! He just wears a human disguise when in public, so as not to attract too much attention. Gary Goddard said in a Directors commentary on the upcoming Green-Ray DVD that they saved millions by casting a real lizard man in the film.
    ... now that would be cool! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I just think that would make him less special. I think it's cool that he is a lizard bounty hunter. He seems to be from the same race as Lizor, so we have a pretty good idea of what he would look like unmasked. We know that he not from Eternia from the mini-comics, so I don't think the fact that he is a lizard from another world is overused in this case.
    Never heard of Lizor, but considering Lizardman & Fangman, I can see why people want to tie Saurod in with them & popularise a lizardman race.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Never heard of Lizorr, but considering Lizardman & Fangman, I can see why people want to tie Saurod in with them & popularise a lizardman race.
    Lizzor is a character from New Adeventures of He-Man. He is a "Cool-blooded goon squad mutant from the burning gorn desert of planet Denebria. Has armour plated skin and wears a climate control pack."

Last edited by Captain Atkin; August 8, 2011 at 06:00pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Cool - they'd tie-in well, I admit!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    from that box art of lizzor i see a striking resemblance to saurod.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    from that box art of lizzor i see a striking resemblance to saurod.
    yeah i can see that ... but i just don't dig lizzor at all ... he looks like a very average figure/character ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    yeah i can see that ... but i just don't dig lizzor at all ... he looks like a very average figure/character ...
    Come-on! He's a lizardman! what more could you ask for!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    n/a lizzor dosnt appeal to me all that much either, but do like him more now & will probably love the motuc lizzor when the 4h make him.

Heroic Warrior

MOTUC Saurod Support Thread

An Org-er in the Lizzor thread suggested that Lizzor and Saurod could share parts, which is obviously the name of the game with this line. So that got me thinking about a Classics Saurod and here we are. I think we could see a "pre-paint" situation again where they use Modulok's crotch piece so Saurod could have a tail. However looking at it again, maybe not. Blue scaly Whiplash torso is a start, but I see the need for new arms and legs, not to mention the armor and head. Oy, it's looking like an almost 100% new tooled figure. What do you guys and gals think?

Saurod While reusing as many parts as possible:
    Head: New
    Armor: New
    Torso and abs: Clawful
    Shoulders: King Hssss
    Biceps: He-Man
    Forearms:Trap Jaw
    Hands: Trap Jaw
    Crotch and Loincloth: New
    Tail: New
    Thighs: Trap Jaw (blegh!)
    shins:He-Ro
    Feet:Stratos
    weapon: New

I hate reusing the Trap Jaw Thighs and forearms, but they COULD Work on him. (I'd rather have new pieces)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Saurod While reusing as many parts as possible:
    Head: New
    Armor: New
    Torso and abs: Clawful
    Shoulders: King Hssss
    Biceps: He-Man
    Forearms:Trap Jaw
    Hands: Trap Jaw
    Crotch and Loincloth: New
    Tail: New
    Thighs: Trap Jaw (blegh!)
    shins:He-Ro
    Feet:Stratos
    weapon: New

I hate reusing the Trap Jaw Thighs and forearms, but they COULD Work on him. (I'd rather have new pieces)
    I agree with your assessment, except the He-Ro shins. And, I'd prefer new thighs and calves too. And new shoulders, if I'm gonna be really picky.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Totally support Saurod! He's one of my TOP-5 figures that I still NEED. Best thing that came from that movie (imho of course...)
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Saurod was always my favourite figure as a kid. Still my most wanted in the line.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He should be close to 100% new tool apart from the torso, I don't want any Trap Jaw parts on him!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    He should be close to 100% new tool apart from the torso, I don't want any Trap Jaw parts on him!
    I completely agree, BUT I also expect Mattel to reuse as many parts as possible... Logistics, Tiny tiny line, or whatever is the catchphrase of the day to justify reusing as much as they can.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I would like to see him as a snakeman. But he's my angle, I would work it as him being an original snakeman but was injured and frozen I.E. Captain America. Found and put back together by Kobra Khan with the assistance from Tri-Klops, Khan tricks Skeletor in to using him to unlock secrets of the past but instead uses Saurod to a-line with with him to assist in freeing the Snakmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Totally support Saurod! He's one of my TOP-5 figures that I still NEED. Best thing that came from that movie (imho of course...)
    The original was a great toy. It was all about the spark, without that, he looses his appeal somewhat.

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    My favorite of the 3 movie figures, and one of four vintage figures I have owned ever since I was just a lad of seven years old (spark still works!). The upcoming reveal of Blade is very awesome, but a Saurod reveal would top it for me.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

I always loved Saurod its just a pity he went out like a punk in the movie. I really do hope they knock it outa the park for him . I'm just wondering how movie figures would translate over to MOTUC. I know they did it with some characters but I wonder would they ever do a movie masters style set ?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    I always loved Saurod its just a pity he went out like a punk in the movie. I really do hope they knock it outa the park for him . I'm just wondering how movie figures would translate over to MOTUC. I know they did it with some characters but I wonder would they ever do a movie masters style set ?
    The line is 5 years old and Saurod still hasn't seen a figure since 1987. I would seriously doubt we'd see a Move Masters style of figure for MOTU. Maybe main cast variants or something, but everything should be included in the Classics line. Saurod needs his Classics update! We're getting Blade next year(if the sub goes through, which its looking like it's going to), so Saurod and Gwildor can't be far behind.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Never heard of Lizor, but considering Lizardman & Fangman, I can see why people want to tie Saurod in with them & popularise a lizardman race.
    To me, Saurod, Lizardman and Lizorr are members of the same, lizard-like species (say, "lizarians"), but I'm debating whether Fangman should be a member of a similar, but different, iguana-like species (say, "iguanons") or just a different race within the same species.*

On a different matter, I see Saurod's sparks as being "in reality" generated by his "electric" helmet (rather than coming directly out of his mouth). And it would certainly rock if the MotUC figure included his cool spark-spitting feature, but we already know that won't happen given the way the vintage mechanism worked.

(*) I guess the species versus race difference doesn't mean much to most fans, but in My Canon™'s cosmology different species originated on different planets whereas different races/subspecies/phenotypes of the same species come from the same planet. So, for example, caucasoids or "European-Americans" (Adam, Teela, Fisto, Adora, Bow, Castaspella...), negroids or "African-Americans" (Clamp Champ, Kothos, Netossa, Queen Balina...), and mongoloids or "Asian/Native-Americans" (Jitsu, Evil-Lyn, Princess Rana, [minicomics] Garn, Chief Murlo...) are just different races/phenotypes of humans whose ancestors came (or rather, were taken) to Eternia and Etheria from Earth. Whereas the gars (Illumina, Shokoti, Jarvan, Hexon...) are of a different hominid-like species whose ancestors came from a different planet.

So it could be that iguanons like Fangman are a race/subspecies of lizarians, thereby hearkening back to the same planet as the ancestral relatives of Saurod, Lizorr and Lizardman. Or instead, a different species originating from another different planet. The snakemen, for their part, are definitely of (one or several) ophidian-like species ("reptons" or "serpentars") different from the lizard-likes. And, of course, the dragons (Granamyr, Shadow Wing...), and the archosaur/crocodilian-like caligars, are definitely different reptiloid species from the lizarians/iguanons and reptons/serpentars. So, at a minimum, there would be four "seeding" planets (the home planets of the lizarians/iguanons, reptons/serpentars, dragons and caligars) contributing sapient reptiloids to the species make-up of the "meeting" planets of Eternia, Etheria and the Tri-Solar system.

Considering there appear to be many mammaloid species (humans, gars, avionians, beastmen, kulataks, qadians, bunnymen, hordakians, speleans, minotaurs, centaurs, goblins, orcs, torcs, trolls, trollans, twiggets, widgets, bibbets, mytes, gleanons...),** maybe the best idea would be to separate the reptiloids into at least half a dozen distinct species (lizarians, iguanons, caligars, several species of reptons/serpentars and maybe several species of dragons) so as to balance it out a bit.

On the other hand, there seems to be a decent amount of arthropoid species, including insectoids (andreenids, tycons, mosquitids, insect people/mariposans, polti, kex), arachnoids (arachna, scorpiods), and crustaceoids (karikoni). But the avioids (kowls, gleedalians, gargons, harpies), and the ichthyoids (merfolk/moraturians, aquaticans) and molluskoids (octavians, kalamarrs), appear to stand out as the least diverse sapient populations species-wise.

(**) Although I wouldn't mind a few species-mergers among the mammaloids:

-kulataks would be simply a race of "snow beastmen"
    -goblins, orcs, torcs and trolls would be races of the same species
    -widgets, bibbets and galactimytes would be dwarf races of the human species (and Gwildor is definitely a widget in My Canon™, his long pointy ears being merely the result of some ritual body modification practised among his tribe)
    -gleanons would be a dwarf race of torcs/goblins
    -trollans would be a dwarf race of gars (with Trolla being the home planet of this bluish-skinned hominid-like species, just like Earth is the home planet of humans, which would explain the affinity for magic of both trollans and gars, and Azrog could belong to a normal-sized, short-eared, dolicocephalic phenotype of gar)
    -twiggets would be a dwarf race of silaxians (with Huntara being of the "normal-sized" phenotype, and Silax being the home planet of this purplish-skinned hominid-like species)

And maybe also some mergers among the insectoids:

-the insect people/mariposans (Garth, Flutterina) as the same species as the polti
    -the mosquitids (Mosquitor) as the same species as the tycons

Whereas some species splitting could be in order among the ichthyoids.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Treeface View Post
    I vote for him being a snakeman, and Lizzor being one also.
    yes, that's how i played with him as a kid. he was a snake man just like tung lashor.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Looking at Lord Dactys, his crotch is similar to Saurod's.

I think when we get Lizardman Saurod wont be far behind

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Saurod is quickly moving up in my most wanted list! The original figure was such a good sculpt, but he was a darker looking character, that didn't quite fit the colorful tone of Masters of the Universe.

I'm really excited to see how he turns out in MOTUC. I'm hoping they give him muscles to put him in scale. Like Karatti, he may turn out as one of those figures that steals the show. With Blade likely coming (my most wanted figure), I doubt Saurod will show up in 2014.

Saurod should be a 2014 SDCC reveal for the 2015 lineup. The Four Horsemen will knock him out of the park.