Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SAUROD in MOTUC

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Underling View Post
    I personally never saw him as a Snakeman. Always thought he was more like a lizard. I like the idea that he's a dinosaur desendant.
    That isnīt a good reason.

Tung Lashor looks like a salamandar, Snake Face doesnīt have snake appareance and Squeeeze is more like a crocodile but all are Snakemen.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Saurod was my favorite movie character/figure by far. He spewed sparks for crying out loud. Definitely an awesome action feature. While I know we wont get that nowadays, I still like the character and can't wait to see what they do with him. (I feel like I'm on repeat, I can't wait to see what they do with a long list of characters that we haven't seen since the mid-late 80s.)

Definitely NOT a Snake Man. Definitely Skeletor's henchmen. But look at Kobra Kahn. Is he a Snake Man or a Skeletor henchman?
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Saurod, Blade and Gwildor never fitted into my Motu universe. Saurod looks way too Predatorish. Predator is from '87 too right, what a coincidence...
    The movie villains always have been a bunch of carnies to me.

Karg certainly is. I do not like him. For the most part, I love every single character in MOTU lore, from Gwildor to Twistoid to Peek-A-Blue to Butthead, but Karg is... I don't kow what it is about him, but bleh (for me).

That said, I would love a Karg figure if it were possible in Classics!

Saurod, I can't get soon enough! His was a fantastic figure back in the day.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Bring on the toy I would love to see what the 4h do to update him

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    That isnīt a good reason.

Tung Lashor looks like a salamandar, Snake Face doesnīt have snake appareance and Squeeeze is more like a crocodile but all are Snakemen.
    Tung Lashor did resemble a salamander, but it may have had
    something to do with the inferior sculpting at the time, if it
    was done intentionally then it was probably to add more
    diversity to the reptilian theme of the group. Personally I
    wouldn't mind Saurod being a bounty hunter Snakeman, or
    even perhaps some sort of hybrid from that race and another.
    The possibilities are almost endless with such a character/figure.

i would love to see Saurod in MOTUC ...

bring on as many movie figures as possible!!! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    But look at Kobra Kahn. Is he a Snake Man or a Skeletor henchman?
    He is a Snakeman, but works with Skeletor, when King Hisss returned, Kobra Khan shows his true colors and betrays Skeletor, showing his loyalty with Hisss.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I never saw Saurod as a Snakeman, why can't he be a Repton? We don't enough of those

Can someonetell me where the second picture of Saurod is from, with the nicely painted eye in the top right etc. I'd likeo see a bigger version.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Could Saurod have been in the intergalactic prison on Infinita? I don't see him as a snake man. Don't all new snake men have to be freed from the void under Snake Mountain? Either way he's a must for MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I can't wait for Saurod to show up - sooner rather than later - I'll take him over any Horde members tbh - apart from Catra.

I think he should be one of Skeletor's henchmen.

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Can someonetell me where the second picture of Saurod is from, with the nicely painted eye in the top right etc. I'd likeo see a bigger version.
    That pic is from the film character design sketches.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    That pic is from the film character design sketches.
    Hahahaha I know that, but where did you get the image?
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I like to think that Saurod is a Snakeman who is not allied with King Hiss. Not all humans are allies with Randor, so why should all Snakemen be allies with Hiss?
    That's a good way of looking at it. Like maybe there are maybe even good snakemen out there, who are more concerned with peace than conquest.
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.
    I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.

Honestly I have no interest in him at all.Blade either......I wanted to and often thought about getting their figs but just couldnt pull the trigger.

I have to say though I wouldnt dismiss buying him until I had a peep at what the 4H did with them.....

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Saurod is a lizard man. there were a race of lizard men on Eternia. Saurod is a bounty hunter/ mercenary for hire & only loyal to himself. A bio can be very easy.

I'd do a couple of things...

- Lizzor and Saurod are from the same lizard race
    - Lizzor is from further down the line, since he's from NA
    - Saurod and Lizzor's could be from one of the five (was it five?) dimensions ToyGuru mentioned, to stay in line with Saurod's mini-comic origin
    - Have both Lizzor and Saurod work as bounty hunters, so they can bounce between Skeletor, the Snake-Men, the Mutants, or whoever

What do you think?

Heroic Warrior
    We need to have Saurod in MOTUC !

Saurod is a LIZARD, not a snakeman. In the movie, he's affiliated to Skeletor's evil warriors. So I really don't see why he should be with the Snakemen this time around. The "classic" (and basic) story of Saurod is that he's serving Skeletor. Plus, he completes Skeletor's team real well : Mer-Man symbolizes the power of water, Saurod symbolizes the power of fire (as a reminder, the 80's toy spit sparks out of his mouth).

Now, the big question is : how to make Saurod appealing to the fans without his action feature (since Mattel doesn't give a damn about action features and wants to remain CHEAP with this so-called "adult collector" line) ?

We have 3 lizard men in the line : Whiplash, Saurod and Lizorr. If we look at them, we can see that they are lizards, but obviously not from the same species...

Saurod will be a welcome addition to the MOTUC line for me. I think his design is simply awesome.

As for his bio/allegiance, I say stick closely to what we know so far.

He is a lizard-type character and is a bounty hunter/mercenary, who so far has worked for Skeletor only.

He could easily be hired by Hordak or King Hiss, after being brought to Eternia by Skeletor. However, I don't think Skeletor would allow an Evil Warrior as skilled as Saurod to leave his ranks, especially to help his enemies. So, I'd like to see Saurod become a permanent member of the Evil Warriors, same with Blade.

you guys forgot about another lizard type character in motu lizard man he was with the masters in the early 80 cartoons.
    as for an action feature he dosnt need one hes awesome without it.
    saurod always looked more futuristic to me he would look good with skeletors NA mutants.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, kylun flac, you're right, but Lizard Man, alas, is Filmation, which means he is "not on the maps" so far, and won't probably be for a long while.

So I guess it's not worth it mentioning him yet. If Mattel buysy the Filmation rights, it will always be time to speak about characters such as Lizard Man, Shadow Weaver, Dragoon, Scorpia, Lord Masque etc.

Saurod, with the NA mutants ? Well... I don't think so. In the movie, he's with Blade and with Beast Man, which points to the same timeline as the evil warriors. Of course, we'll have to see IF we reach that point with the MOTUC line and if Mattel treats Saurod's allegiance just like in the movie...
    Last edited by Spectror; January 30, 2010 at 07:36pm.

wow! i didnt know how awful. well they might get the rights in the future. after all this motuc line is going to go on for a while.

What i kinda meant was saurod would look good displayed with the na mutants.

i think it would be very cool for there to be several more figures to be made from the he-man movie such as golden god skeletor, karg, black armored solders, movie evil lyn & beastman. and yes gwildor, blade & saurod. that would be vary cool to have new vareants of skeletor, evil lyn & beast man.
    hope they have all the rights.

Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    Saurod is cool, and I agree; he should be a member of the Snake-men.

If they were looking for a non-movie place for him to be from i actually think he looks more like NA character than a snakeman.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I believe that MOTUC Saurod must be included in the Snakemen.

SAUROD
    Evil master of death energy.

He is a bounty hunter obsessed with richness, Saurod is always looking for money and treasures.

He is very loyal to King Hsss and obeys all his orders. But when there isnīt any request of his King he can works for the highest bidder.

He is a master of hunter, expert in energy.
    I always love the inclusion of more villains however I have a comment. I would disagree with his title as "Evil Master of Death Energy". If he was such a master he wouldn't have died by an energy blast from Skeletor. I would probably play up his bounty hunter/tracking aspect by calling him the "Evil Master of Senses" or "Evil Master of Tracking".

He is a Snakeman, but works with Skeletor, when King Hisss returned, Kobra Khan shows his true colors and betrays Skeletor, showing his loyalty with Hisss.
    That's only if you choose to follow 200X continuity. I prefer to have Kobra Khan as a member of Skeletor's evil camp per the MOTU toyline and Filmation cartoon.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; January 31, 2010 at 06:13pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!