Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SAUROD in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    i think it would be very cool for there to be several more figures to be made from the he-man movie such as golden god skeletor, karg, black armored solders, movie evil lyn & beastman. and yes gwildor, blade & saurod. that would be vary cool to have new vareants of skeletor, evil lyn & beast man.
    hope they have all the rights.
    I hate to break it to you... But only saurod, gwildor and blade are fair game. The rest of the movie designs and characters are off limits...
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    bad news. that is a let down.

i dont think saurod is a snake man. saurod gestures & movements are like that of a lizard. from the movie you can see saurod was the tracker (so was beastman) relying on smell. although you can argue snakes rely on smell & body heat too. underneath all that armor he would look like a lizard. doesn't saurod breath fire or create sparks or electricity from his mouth? wouldn't a lizard be more likely to generate electricity to be able to electrocute or burn its victim? a snake would strangle or use venom as there natural weapon.

as for saurod being loyal to hisss why would he seek riches as a bounty hunter & serve skeletor. unless saurod is a deserter or trader to the snakemen. a lizard man is more likely to be a bounty hunter & look for riches. i dont think snakemen care about riches they just want to dominate. all the snakemen are loyal to hisss & work for him.

although this can all be argued. this is all fiction after all. just something to consider.
    Last edited by kylun flac; February 1, 2010 at 04:56pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Definitely NOT a Snake Man. Definitely Skeletor's henchmen. But look at Kobra Kahn. Is he a Snake Man or a Skeletor henchman?
    Depends on the canon.

In the 80's The Snake Men were 6 allies of the Evil Warriors. The Snake Men were more or less more Evil Warriors since King Hiss was allied with Skeletor. Kobra Khan promptly joined the Snake Men, but Skeletor is using Khan as a willing mole on The Snake Men for Skeletor. Skeletor promised Khan power once he conquers Eternia. (looks around for that evil-doer Benedict Judas Hel) Because Evil never gets along, Skeletor and King Hiss secretly plot against each other.

In 200X, The Snake Men are a fourth faction of enemies, with King Hiss, his 5 generals and tons of Snake Men warriors. They were enemies of the Evil Warriors, The Horde AND the Masters. Kobra Khan worked for Skeletor only to get into Snake Mountain to free The Snake Men. Once The Snake Men were free, Khan has a rivalry with Rattlor who doesn't repest Khan since Khan isn't a hardcore flesh-eating Snakeman from antiquity like Squeeze, Tung Lashor, Snake Face, King Hsss and Rattlor.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 1, 2010 at 05:28pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I never cared for the movie characters before, but I am anxious to see what The 4H will do with Saurod (as well as Blade.)

Maybe he'll come with a second head without the helmet to make up for the lack of action feature.
    Last edited by danielsan52; February 2, 2010 at 12:02am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    I can see Saurod as a modern evolution of the snake men... Like Khan.

Whether he joined hiss or not would be up for debate... Not all reptile monsters would or should immediately leap at Hiss's banner.

All in all though, I never really liked the character. Didn't find him interesting. Never bought him.

Unlike Blade... HIM I liked! Seriously... SPACE... PIRATE... What's not to love!!

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    See what I don't get is why we're lumping him with the snakemen just because he is reptilian.

Its lazy thinking, why not have him be a repton, or perhaps a he is from another planet or a victim of a cruel curse.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    See what I don't get is why we're lumping him with the snakemen just because he is reptilian.

Its lazy thinking, why not have him be a repton, or perhaps a he is from another planet or a victim of a cruel curse.
    Personally I like the idea because

1) I like the original storyline when there were only like 6 snakemen and they weren't this all consuming force with millions of no named soldiers kicking everyones butt.

2) There are only 6 of them and can use a couple more members

3) Skeletor doesn't NEED him. Whether he's a reptile like whiplash, a tracker like beastman, or a bounty hunter like Tri-clops... There's nothing Saurod brings that Skeletor doesn't already have...

But that's just me

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

3) Skeletor doesn't NEED him. Whether he's a reptile like whiplash, a tracker like beastman, or a bounty hunter like Tri-clops... There's nothing Saurod brings that Skeletor doesn't already have...

But that's just me
    In rebuttle, he spits like Kobra Kahn so why does King Hiss need him?! LOL poor Saurod, no one wants him.

He does have a special power, that throbbing throat action!!!!
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I think Saurod should be a part of Lizzor's race.
    I like this and it makes tons of sense!! It also helps incorporate NA even more into MOTU.

They should go with this idea.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I would love to see Saurod (and Blade) made! Any representation at all that we can get for the movie! In regards to bio, i think the best thing would be to come up with something completely new, treating him as a blank slate.

I really want Saurod made.

I'm just worried that he'll end up like Optikk and have Kronis' arms and legs. That would suck

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    For me Lizorr is the last Snakeman in the future of NA.
    No way Lizor should be a lizard as his name suggests. Lizards and Snakes don't get along

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I like this and it makes tons of sense!! It also helps incorporate NA even more into MOTU.

They should go with this idea.
    i agree. this would make for a good time line tie in right before na time line.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    So then Lizard Man, Saurod and Lizorr are from the same race, but Lizorr is set in future...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I wouldn't put Lizard Man in there as he can't be incorpated into Motu at present

would prefer it the NA characters weren't from the future in motuc canon but i'm sure mattel will fit it in well...roll on Optikk
    Last edited by Coptur; February 16, 2010 at 06:09pm.

A big fan of Slush Head
    So then Lizard Man, Saurod and Lizorr are from the same race, but Lizorr is set in future...
    Sure why not? We have seen a lot of lizard men in MOTU before. So why can't they be all from the same race without having to be snake men? Not every lizard-like character has to be a snakemen. You guys remember the lizard men Lord Masque had in house of Shokoti? They were certainly not snake men, they were their own race. So why not explore that race a little bit more? and with Saurod and Lizzor they can actually do it.

This is masters of the universe after all. There are a lot of races in the universe, not everyone has to be from the same place.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Saurod, Lizorr and Lizard Man all coming from the same race would be cool. Even if they can't make Lizard Man, nothing saying we fans can't think of him as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Saurod, Lizorr and Lizard Man all coming from the same race would be cool. Even if they can't make Lizard Man, nothing saying we fans can't think of him as such.
    So now that they can and most certainly will make Lizard Man, I'm guessing Saurod, Lizorr, Lizard Man, and maybe even Fang Man may all be from the same race. I highly doubt Saurod will be in league with the snake men.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Personally speaking, I always saw him as more of a lizard than a snake, but I think ultimately I'd be okay whatever direction they take him in--I just want to add him to my collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Anyway, since the movie story would be a perfect story for after NA, I think Saurod should be a part of Lizzor's race.
    What an interesting idea! I love it! If not Lizzor, what about Lizard-Man? (Or, hell, make 'em all related--I don't mind characters being connected in MOTUC!)
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I always saw Saurod as a lizard/dinosaur-type guy, and not as a snake guy.

Can't wait for a Saurod figure! I think the 4H will make him look killer!

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    This is a very cool character from the 1987 MOVIE, but he lacks of bio because he was just appeared in the film.

I believe that MOTUC Saurod must be included in the Snakemen.

SAUROD
    Evil master of death energy.

He is a bounty hunter obsessed with richness, Saurod is always looking for money and treasures.

He is very loyal to King Hsss and obeys all his orders. But when there isnīt any request of his King he can works for the highest bidder.

He is a master of hunter, expert in energy.

http://pages.suddenlink.net/soundwav...igs/saurod.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...out-saurod.jpg
    I could see him as a bounty hunter, but I say if you do that, go all the way. Make his only loyalty to himself and the highest bidder. MOTU doesn't have enough of the non-affiliation variety. We had Twova and Badra, but once they were fused by Skeletor, they seem to have lost their potency and hung around Snake Mountain.

I love Saurod. He has such a cool helmet design. The dumbest thing of the MOTU movie, let's kill the coolest original character of the movie the first.

Not sure to wich faction he belongs. He doesn't really feel like a snake men. Maybe he stays with Skeletor. Anyway, I'm sure he will be a great addition to the line and a beautifull sculpt by the 4H.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Why can't Saurod be from the same race as Lizard and Fang-Man (now that they're on the table)?
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

When we eventually get Saurod and blade, I am gonna lump them in as Evil-lynn's lackeys. I feel like she would have her own personal guards/henchmen and those two make just as much sense as anybody else.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Saurod is in no way a Snake-man. He has lizard characteristics and was fully intended to be a lizard guy in the movie. We can ring up MOTU movie production designer William Stout and ask him. He'll tell you he made a lizard man.

So let's end this Snake-man debate. Saurod completely acts like a reptile in the film even has the bloating neck bubbles in his throat.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!