Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spartacus Blood and Sand and General Talkback

You might want to be careful when revealing spoilers. Ive already seen it but others who havent might get upset.

But i thought it was a rather awesome season finale and definitely a great way to end the season.

Quote Originally Posted by demonicfirefly View Post
    You might want to be careful when revealing spoilers. Ive already seen it but others who havent might get upset.

But i thought it was a rather awesome season finale and definitely a great way to end the season.
    Thanks, I put a warning, hopefully people will scroll slowly

I didn't even think of that, since I was late and I just assumed everyone has seen it already

It seems season two will be about Glaber and his wife.

Holy Season Finale!

Wow! I cannot believe they tied up so many loose ends in this Season Finale! I loved it sooooooooooooooooooooo much! There were so many satisfying moments!

I want to say more, however I'm trying to avoid spoilers. What a great series. Even if season 2 never comes to light, I'm happy that it ended how it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Wow! I cannot believe they tied up so many loose ends in this Season Finale! I loved it sooooooooooooooooooooo much! There were so many satisfying moments!

I want to say more, however I'm trying to avoid spoilers. What a great series. Even if season 2 never comes to light, I'm happy that it ended how it did.
    Yeah I agree, I think the way it ended they could call it done if things got worse with Andy or they had to end the show for some reason.

It was just enough to tie up loose ends for a majority of the plot, but with enough room to continue on with a bigger story.

Excellent, Excellent finish.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

shhhhhhh!!!
    At least for another few days! I got the last two to watch this week.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    shhhhhhh!!!
    At least for another few days! I got the last two to watch this week.
    Then maybe you shouldn't be in the thread yet?

I'm as anti-spoiler as anyone. I don't read news stories, I won't even watch "Next time on" after shows or even "previously on" before a show, but I just assume that if an episode has aired somewhere, then any thread is going to have spoilers. So I never click on a thread for a show unless I'm sure I've caught up.

Otherwise there really isn't much point in having a thread to discuss a show is there?

the mall metal blows
    everyones teeth are too white and intact
    every woman poor and rich grooms
    the drama can be good since everyone is out for themselves but it can get a little soapish.
    there are bunches of little details like this that bug me but it's still an entertaining and good show. i got 2 episodes left to watch
    most of the actors do well
    a lot of the bouts are brutal
    boobies and wieners
    i'm diggin it. i liked rome too. but these totally differ from what they try to accomplish imo. i'm glad for that. watched a couple tudors but i'm not a soap fan.

Peter Mensah would be a great Thulsa Doom. that dude is good.

different and maybe off topic. but i have yet to see a show top deadwood.
    that was truly hardcore and the players were fantastic.
    real sets rule!
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Then maybe you shouldn't be in the thread yet?

I'm as anti-spoiler as anyone. I don't read news stories, I won't even watch "Next time on" after shows or even "previously on" before a show, but I just assume that if an episode has aired somewhere, then any thread is going to have spoilers. So I never click on a thread for a show unless I'm sure I've caught up.

Otherwise there really isn't much point in having a thread to discuss a show is there?
    Yeah, fair enough! I'll unsubscribe until I watch the last two.
    www.eamonart.com

From Mo Ryan:

"Spartacus" will return to Starz in January, but as a 6-part prequel series that will once again star John Hannah and Lucy Lawless, the network said Tuesday.

The prequel series will depict the rise of the gladiator school or "ludus" known as the House of Batiatus, and production gets underway this summer in New Zealand. Hannah will return as Batiatus and Lawless will return as his wife, Lucretia; their story will be the focus of the prequel season.

Star Andy Whitfield, who is currently undergoing treatment for non-Hodgkins lymphoma, will return "briefly" in two of the six episodes. According to Starz, Whitfield is "responding well" to treatments.

“The prequel story maintains the excitement and entertainment value of the first season of ‘Spartacus,’ giving audiences the engaging experience they’ve come to expect,” Starz president and CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement. “Fortunately, Andy is responding to his treatments, and will be able to be part of this prequel in a limited capacity. As soon as he’s able, we look forward to continuing the Spartacus story.”

Other returning actors include Peter Mensah as Doctore, Manu Bennett as Crixus, Antonio Te Maioha as Barca, Nick E. Tarabay as Ashur and Lesley-Ann Brandt as Naevia.

There will also be a new character who is yet to be cast -- House of Batiatus' top gladiator before Spartacus came along. Other new characters "will help fill in the story about the people and politics in the House of Batiatus and ancient Capua as a whole," according to Starz, which saw "Spartacus" grow into a hit over the course of its first season.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ertainment_tv/

Well that's good news. I was hoping we would have a story about Crixus' rise but it sounds like that we could get a bit of this anyways.

Delighted that Whitman is responding well.
    Still mad to think a guys like him and C.Hall got the same thing. Two sturdy looking lads like that?!
    www.eamonart.com

Andy has beaten the Cancer and is in training for the prequel series and then onto Season 2

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-training.html
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

That's great news!!!
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Andy has beaten the Cancer and is in training for the prequel series and then onto Season 2

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-training.html
    Fantastic - Glad to hear he's healthy. Cannot wait for the prequel & season 2!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by demonicfirefly View Post
    if people are getting upset over tv spoilers, they need a reality check.
    if you don't like spoilers, don't read a message thread online of the subject you don't want 'spoiled'. duh.

spartacus ended awesome. didn't think they'd kill Battiatus and his wife, but the fact that they did is great. shows the writers are willing to off characters and not drag out storys to fill space.

Only four episodes in in the UK so far. Enjoyed the first two episodes but seems to be going do hill a bit with the past two. I'm interested to see what they do to stop it getting repetitive with training and coliseum battles every episode. I've not read this whole thread as am trying to avoid spoilers.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Trailer for the Prequel, yeah its recycled footage but still awesome

I'm still not sold on this series yet but am sticking with it for now, going to see how the rest of the series goes. Up to EP9 here in the UK.

Wanted:

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've heard this series comes to DVD and Blu-Ray on September 21st. There were a bunch of gladiators at SDCC 2010 who were walking around promoting it. I saw this on G4.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'm still not sold on this series yet but am sticking with it for now, going to see how the rest of the series goes. Up to EP9 here in the UK.
    E9-End are fantastic

Its around E9 where the crap hits the fan and the finale is setup

The season finale just aired here last night and WOW! Now I'm sold on this series. With the events of this episode I can see how the bigger story line will follow the basic story of the original film. I can't believe that they tied up just about every (if not all) loose end.

Looking at the season one as a whole I'm glad they've toned down the sexual scene and the 300/graphic novel style as it went on, as it really did seem forced IMO. My main gripe with the series is some of the dialogue, I cringe every time they use slang for body parts, it too just seems really forced to me.

Oooh Ilithiya, one day you will to have your comeuppance.

Still, nice pair though!
    Yeah I was glad she didn't get killed just yet
    Last edited by GeologyMule; August 18, 2010 at 10:30am. Reason: edited vulgarity

Wanted:

I'm gonna have to ask some board members if they can grab me the season 1 DVD set when they it comes out. Really want to wathch this again but want to give them my money this time.

There was quite a buzz about Sparatcus in San Diego this yeah. Lots of promo material, the panel and big dudes in costume.

I think it's great that some so homoerotic is doing so well.
    It bodes well for a toy accurate MOTU movie.
    www.eamonart.com

I'm gonna have to ask some board members if they can grab me the season 1 DVD set when they it comes out. Really want to wathch this again but want to give them my money this time.

There was quite a buzz about Sparatcus in San Diego this yeah. Lots of promo material, the panel and big dudes in costume.

I think it's great that some so homoerotic is doing so well.
    It bodes well for a toy accurate MOTU movie.
    I can pick it up for you

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I can pick it up for you
    If you are picking one up for your yourself, then yes please!
    www.eamonart.com

If you are picking one up for your yourself, then yes please!
    Of course, we love this show and the Season set is supposed to have a nice bunch of extras.

We will be getting the blu-ray version because it has 4 enhanced directors cut versions of some episodes