Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Spartacus Blood and Sand and General Talkback

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Kim and I were into the series in Season One, but we fell away from it. What's available on DVD or on-demand? We've got Comcast.

Thanks.
    I can't speak for American on-demand, but as for DVD/Blu Ray:

Spartacus: Blood and Sand (Season one) and Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (prequel season), are both available on DVD.
    Spartacus: Vengeance (Season two) will be released this fall.

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I can't speak for American on-demand, but as for DVD/Blu Ray:

Spartacus: Blood and Sand (Season one) and Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (prequel season), are both available on DVD.
    Spartacus: Vengeance (Season two) will be released this fall.
    Thanks, Whip.

"With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Wow. Thanks for posting that. It's not easy to watch, considering the outcome, but I'd love to see the whole thing.

Yes, it's really sad, that part when they get a phone call and they think he's improving, man, and watching Andy in tears. Cancer is a horrible thing.

I hope they can raise the funding they need to complete it, wish I could donate but my country is still under exchange control with no end in sight.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Season 3 trailer is out.

(Content is violent, so video has been removed)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Oh, that reminds me...Spartacus Vengeance is on sale today! Damn Director Commentaries are only on Blu-Ray, so I have to get the Blu-Ray version when DVD would have sufficed...
    I don't own a Blu-Ray player, but the I've considered getting one recently only b/c the Spartacus Blu-Rays have extended episodes. Not fair, but oh well.

Anyway I'll wait till Xmas for it so people will have something to get me

Also picked up the second Spartacus novel the other day, Spartacus: Morituri. Takes place in the Batiatus era. Haven't read it yet but it should be good for a laugh and pulp escapist fun.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I don't own a Blu-Ray player, but the I've considered getting one recently only b/c the Spartacus Blu-Rays have extended episodes. Not fair, but oh well.
    All of the Spartacus Blu-Ray releases so far? Damn...I wish I would have known that. I saw that the DVD's had commentaries and brought them. Never thought to check the Spartacus Blu-Rays for the differences (I usually do that with everything else though).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Yep, every season has director's cut episodes. I didn't know until I saw a new scene on youtube last year.

Here's an example. (It's family friendly! )

WOW so much happened in this weeks episode, they even had to do a montage as such a long period of time was covered. But a great episode, looking forward to the last few.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

That was a crazy episode!

I really want Tiberius dead now. Not only did Tiberius

rape Kore AND Caesar, he backstabbed Crixus
    !!

I'll bet that

Naevia is pregnant with Crixus' child

I laughed at that infamous gladitorial ludis song that shall not be named making it's triumphant return.

And Laeta...about damn time that's happened!

I watched Episode 8 last night, and was very wound up afterwards.

Very tough to see on so many levels, that don't really need explaining. But still another great episode. I loved seeing Oenomaus getting mentioned, and the "What is beneath your feet?" lines. As well as "Shall we BEGIN?!", and the 'Rooster song'.

Overall I have to say that this season has been incredible. I didn't know if they could do it properly in 10 episodes but the pacing has been excellent right from the get-go. I can't praise the writers enough. I'd rank this season right up there with Blood and Sand.

Also, Liam McIntyre has done a phenomenal job, he's really grown into the role this season.

I can't wait for the next episode, but there's another 2-week break. But that's okay...it prolongs the inevitable a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by krugos View Post
    I am PROUD to say that I am a backer of this project and am looking forward to getting this DVD! This really touched me and really is an inspiring story as sad as it is... Folks, you never know so live your life to the fullest!

Back to Spartacus: Though we all know the overall story, it was heart wrenching to see the most recent episode and see the loss of ***** and *****. I've enjoyed these actors and their talents I so hope to see them all continue to excel in their art.

P.S. Happy that Manu has become full time on Arrow
    Last edited by Nemisythe; March 26, 2013 at 09:16pm.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

This show is so amazing! Too bad, Crixus was decapitated at the end of the episode. I didn't see it coming, and I thought perhaps the outcome of the battle could be different. I suspect Caesar has some schemes to get back at Tiberius (I think thats his name) for the rape. This season has been amazing!

Spartacus:War of the damned

I can't wait the next episode.

I wonder what the creators will do with Spartacus, I mean the final of the historical person is not clearly ,it gives them freedom to do what they want.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; April 1, 2013 at 10:36pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

I'm not sure what they plan to do with Spartacus either, especially now that he is forming an emotional bond with Laeta. Without a "loved one", I could more easily see Spartacus sacrificing himself in a battle against impossible odds to "honour" the rebellion. But, now that he may have an opportunity at something like a "normal" life IF he escapes with his life, perhaps he will be more reluctant in battle.

Then again, that seems to be the same storyline that they're doing with Gannicus and Sibyl, so I doubt they will give Spartacus and Gannicus the same character development. Perhaps Spartacus really does feel nothing for Laeta?

Well...that's it!

Poor Naevia. She and Crixus were my favorite characters. At least Laeta lived...

Onemarus returned...even if it was only a vision.

Spartacus confirmed his feelings for Mira and Laeta this episode. While he found comfort in the arms of other women, the couldn't ever compare to his wife, whose theme was ever present throughout the episode.

I loved the closing credits. A great tribute to all of the characters and actors throughout all four seasons, especially the very end.

Here are articles on the ending.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...ential-spinoff
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/12/sp...even-deknight/
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3071995.html
    http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00059480.html
    http://www.mcphersonsentinel.com/art...NEWS/304129948
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 13, 2013 at 06:53am.

Real bittersweet ending to an Epic show.

Watch the entire show including the credits, and keep a tissue at hand!

As much as this story had a complete end, it was just sad to see it go.

Thank God for Blu Ray cause this is a MUST HAVE in anyone's collection!!!

Fantastic finale. I saw Gannicus dying two seasons ago though. He was too lovable a character not to have a tragic end. That's also how you deliver a finale, none of this Walking Dead garbage where the big twist is nothing happens.

History ruins another good ending. First 300, now this.

The ending was glorious,my high expectations were completely filled as ever.

unforgettable series, my god what production! , it deserved to be seen in theaters. In fact Spartacus is movie feeling on tv.
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely awesome finale.

Even though I knew all the historical deaths (and therefore who survived), I was still on the edge of my seat when it came down to all the "major" conflicts (i.e. Spartacus vs. Crasuss and Gannicus vs. Caesar).

I still can't believe how far removed this series became from those fairly awful first three episodes. They kept the dubious CGI, foul language and gratuitous sex and violence that everyone seemed to complain about and turned it into a compelling character drama with plenty of action as well. I look forward to re-watching the entire series on Blu-ray once "War of the Damned" is released, especially knowing how everyone's story ends.

I personally found the first two episodes very compelling, in their depiction of his journey to the Ludus. I remember that after all the hell he went through, when he arrived at Ludus, it seemed the hell would never end, and Oenomaus kind of scared me in his first appearance
    The finale really tied back into those first few episodes thematically and it was very fitting. They really did a remarkable job of wrapping up the story and bringing it full-circle.

As for the fates of the characters...

Agron: He plotted with Spartacus, had his life saved by his brother, escaped the ludus, participated in almost every battle, chose to fight with Crixus rather than journey to freedom, was critically wounded, yet survived only to be crucified (!), and then taken down (!!) to be exchanged for Kore, chose to fight again rather than escape, fought in the last battle with a makeshift weapon, escaped the slaughter and lived happily ever after. Wow!

Naevia: I had a hard time with her death. It would have been nice to see her escape with the others, carrying Crixus' child or something like that. But that's how this show is, just like real life people die when they die, and there are very few (almost no) happy endings in this story. "Great and Unfortunate things". But she took it like a gladiator and went out like a boss, a far cry from her meek beginnings.

Saxa: I love how she was stabbing a guy to death even when she went down from her wounds. She was a standout warrior this season, a memorable character.

Lugo: Went out in a blaze of glory, literally. Like Donar before him, cursing the Romans in a defiant death.

Castus: a shame more time wasn't spent on him--he spent a lot of the season getting drunk, punched, and rejected by Nasir. At least he got some good face-time in the final episode.

Gannicus: A glorious death, or not? I have mixed feelings about it. Mostly b/c I wanted to see the smirk wiped off of Caesar's face, and it didn't happen.

Kore: heartbreaking. I had a hard time focusing on Crassus, Caesar, and Pompey, knowing she and Gannicus were dying on crosses right behind them! While I enjoyed the characters this season, I don't know if I could get into a spinoff about them as protagonists, after all that has happened!

Spartacus: Hats off to Liam McIntire for an outstanding season-long performance. He really did honour to the role, and his final fight was simply outstanding. The entire final battle was phenomenal and full of surprises, in typical fashion. Has to be unparalleled on television?

The credit roll was great, and a nice tribute to Andy Whitfield at the end to close it all out.

The emotional end credits

MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    The emotional end credits
    SO TRUE my friend... SO TRUE!

R.I.P Andy Whitfield... The Bringer of Rain!
    I can't wait to receive the DVD of his life from the KickStarter program. I was truly touched by his rise to success and his battle to the end.

And if I may, there is a FaceBook page where they are rallying to have a statue made to honor him by Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. So if you are not aware of this I implore you all to go to the page: The Face of Spartacus which has been supported by the entire cast and fans around the world. Gratitude!