Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spartacus Blood and Sand and General Talkback

Wow - Anybody catch the latest episode? Truly painful too see what Spartacus had to do. Cannot wait until that wench Ilithiya (sp?) gets her comeuppance....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Wow - Anybody catch the latest episode? Truly painful too see what Spartacus had to do. Cannot wait until that wench Ilithiya (sp?) gets her comeuppance....
    Yes this one was one of the best ones yet, I swear they better make the scene where Ilithiya dies last a long time

I felt so bad for Spartacus, that I bet is his breaking point!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I've hated Ilithiya since the moment I laid eyes on her. I honestly thought she would have met her demise, but I guess the show needs an ongoing rival for Lucretia. Poor Spartacus just gets caught in the crossfire.

I was sooooooooooooo angry when Spartacus , and as for that scrawny little Nemarius (even his name sounds weak), I want his head served up on a platter! Argh!

Yup I think Spartacus is my new favourite series.

I do love the story and I was quite upset after the latest episode.

Oooh Ilithiya, one day you will to have your comeuppance.

Still, nice pair though!

You will notice from last weeks eposide that her and ********* really clicked in the sack. Which I found rather interesting.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Uh oh! Spartacus finally knows the truth.

Shhhhh!!!!
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Shhhhh!!!!
    Well he did not say how he finds out, that is probably the most interesting part of the story

The episode was epic because of how it closed at least one of the story arcs!

I cannot wait for the next episode, given what happened the end of the season (2 eps remain) is going to be downright awesome!!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I cant wait til friday to see the next episode. This series has already become my favorite and it keeps notching up the drama. The series is proving to me just how great it is. The sad thing is the seasons almost over and i doubt season 2 is gonna air right away.

Quote Originally Posted by demonicfirefly View Post
    The sad thing is the seasons almost over and i doubt season 2 is gonna air right away.
    Its going to be quite a while. They haven't even started production on S2 - everything is on hold while Andy Whitfield undergoes cancer treatment.

One word about tonights episode, EPIC

Cannot wait for the S1 finale!!

The finale is next episode, right?
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    The finale is next episode, right?
    Yup next week is the S1 finale

I just finished watching episode 12. I knew things would come crashing down for some of the slaves. I feel sorry for so many characters, and I can't wait Battiatus schemes unravel. Mind you, that won't happen anytime soon.

Also, as stated previously, I hate Illythia, she is so slimey. It will be interesting to see what happens now that she's fell from her husbands grace.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Its going to be quite a while. They haven't even started production on S2 - everything is on hold while Andy Whitfield undergoes cancer treatment.
    Yea i knew that, i didnt think of that when i posted. I do hope he gets through it,andy whitfield has become one of my favorite actors and i hope he can get back to spartacus as soon as possible.

According to Mo Ryan:

Production on Season 2 of the drama is on hold while star Andy Whitfield seeks treatment for cancer. A recent news item on NY Mag's Vulture blog said that Starz is considering a "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" prequel miniseries in order to have something "to fill their January hole."

A source close to the show who asked not to be identified said that a possible prequel miniseries was just one of "multiple scenarios" that are being considered. The prequel miniseries "may happen and may not," the source said. Nothing has been decided, the source noted.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ertainment_tv/

According to Mo Ryan:

Production on Season 2 of the drama is on hold while star Andy Whitfield seeks treatment for cancer. A recent news item on NY Mag's Vulture blog said that Starz is considering a "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" prequel miniseries in order to have something "to fill their January hole."

A source close to the show who asked not to be identified said that a possible prequel miniseries was just one of "multiple scenarios" that are being considered. The prequel miniseries "may happen and may not," the source said. Nothing has been decided, the source noted.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ertainment_tv/
    That would not be so bad, I mean especially if they did it on the character of Crixus or showed Glabers cutthroat rise to power. It would keep the license fresh in peoples minds and give Andy time to heal

I for one would love a prequel series for Crixus.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.

I'd be cool with a another mini series just as long as they get rolling on as soon as Whitfield gets his fighting legs again.
    www.eamonart.com

A miniseries about what made Doctore the man he is, concluding with his fight against Theokoles and promotion to trainer at the Ludus, would be fantastic.

I wouldnt mind a mini-series about doctore or crixus one bit.

A miniseries about what made Doctore the man he is, concluding with his fight against Theokoles and promotion to trainer at the Ludus, would be fantastic.
    Absolutely. I love that actor, and have enjoyed all of his scenes since the beginning!
    and keep moving forward.

Heroic Warrior
    kinds harsh at the end of episode 8

Season finale is up on Netflix now if anyone wants to watch it before it airs

Continues the each episode better than the last mantra and what a way to end it!

Outstanding work, I do not think I have ever seen a show before where it starts off towing the mediocre line and ends up in just applause worthy finish.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I just got done watching the season finale. My response. WOW

It was truly amazine and very satisfying. Mark is right. The show started very weak and it just got better and better. I was blown away by the season finale.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

SPOILER ALERT

I loved the scene in which Varro's wife ends up alone in the room with the boy. She switches from a tiny, fragile woman into one mad with rage. So good.

Felt sorry for the younger of the two brothers - both of them were great characters.
    Last edited by Ivan; April 17, 2010 at 09:44pm.