Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOTUC KARG - 1987 Comic Book? Could it be done?

Karg is definitely male. The following quote from Bill Stout, designer for the MOTU movie, confirms this:

"Karg is one of those great little evil creatures... I saw him from the beginning as a half-human, half-bat creature with strange dental tools to do his dirty work."

The quote can be seen on http://www.reference.com/browse/karg...he_universe%29.

His costume design seems to have been based around a medieval king's attire, hence the slight effeminacy of his look.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    lets just say Karg is MOTU's version of Pat from SNL from back in the day!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

I would think they could do movie versions of the characters they own. Didn't toyguru say in one of the filmation threads that if they own the character they can do any version they want? I think it was to squash rumors of marlena, cringer, shadow beast, etc. as proof they had filmation rights. Wouldn't it apply to the film as well? As long as they got permission from the actors? With that thought we could possibly see movie he-man, skeletor, duncan, etc.
    Good Journey

i would love to see karg in MOTUC - plus any other characters who appeared in the '87 movie! ... ... (i'm really hoping that this is one of mattels big announcements @ sdcc ...) ...

also, on the subject of karg being a female? ... i never saw that ... plus, he's played by a male actor so it wouldn't make sense to me ... at least not in this movie anyway ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    It would be cool to get Karg, but I doubt Matty could circumvent Warner Bros and get Karg out. The question is, would Warner Bros sue?
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

That hairstyle in the top comic pic reminds me of Stevie Nicks, lol
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Im thinking he can be made. Hey you never know. With the success of this line ttheres money to be made. And I'm sure everyone is trying to cash in now. Don't be surprised if they did get the flimation and movie rights.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    why in the original motu movie in 87 only blade, saurod & gwildor as figures & not karg, troopers, movie he-man, skeletor, beast-man, m@a, teela, evil lyn, sorceress, lubic & the kids???
    why just three? surprised there wasnt a he-man & skeletor variant.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    why in the original motu movie in 87 only blade, saurod & gwildor as figures & not karg, troopers, movie he-man, skeletor, beast-man, m@a, teela, evil lyn, sorceress, lubic & the kids???
    They should have had a whole 12 back of movie figures!
    Heroic Warriors - He-Man, Teela, Man-At-Arms, Sorceress, Gwildor, Lubic
    Evil Warriors - Skeletor, Beast Man, Evil-Lyn, Blade, Saurod, Karg
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The Marvel/Star comics have been stated to be off limits, as have the movie characters except the ones made as figures. Basically, Mattel sold the baby and the bath water off as far as MOTU rights go; should be the first section in the "what not to do" chapter of every business textbook in print.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    That hairstyle in the top comic pic reminds me of Stevie Nicks, lol
    stevie nicks rocks!!! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    That's all they got out. The MOTU line was fading and there wasn't enough resources to get more out. There was a second wave planned but never created or even any prototypes.

The only evidence of more movie figures that came out was the Dolf Lungdren head in the Laser Light He-man.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    The only evidence of more movie figures that came out was the Dolf Lungdren head in the Laser Light He-man.
    Hmm. That's interesting, I never thought about it before but the Laser Light versions of He-Man and Skeletor could have been intended to be Movie figures, but where painted differently when the movie tanked. This must have been discussed before, I don't know why it's just now dawning on me!

We already saw that a lot of figures change during their proces from concept to realisation. It could be the case here too.

I have no idea why this guy was not made in the vintage line, I mean come on there were only 4 new characters that had to be made( not counting pigboy) and they only made 3 of them. Beyond comprehension for me but getting back to the point of this thread, if we ever get a chance to get him then I hope they give him the sai that he carried around in the movie as well as a blaster.

It would be really nice if we could get Karg but I'm not holding my breath.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Since the 1987 I want Karg and again there are problems about his coming... this is a curse.
    I want also Detective Lubic, slackers!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

If it is ever possible, I would be down for a Karg.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    This line needs Karg! Hoping we see him in MOTUC form, whether it's the comic or they get the movie rights.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    This line needs Karg! Hoping we see him in MOTUC form, whether it's the comic or they get the movie rights.
    I agree. This is a character that would be a great one to end 2015 with. He's wanted by many and would be a complete surprise.

I find it very hard to believe that Mattel secured the rights to make Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor, but not Karg. Even if it meant placing him in the next wave, it would make sense they'd get the rights for later usage.

Plus, how were they able to use Karg in the Star Comics and MOTU magazine? Wouldn't they have require licensing rights for that?

He needs to get made. Even the comic version would work. Get him in 2015!

Karg is definitely needed in MOTUC. Karg is the new Shadow Weaver. And like Weaver and all the other Filmation figures, Karg represents a missing element from an important media source, the only MOTU cinematic live action movie unique character from either faction that is not available in toy form.

MOTUC has brought us so many missing elements: He-Ro, Eldor, Vikor, Demo-Man, Horde Prime, Gygor, Queen Marlena, Adora, Goat Man etc and MOTUC almost definitely represents the first and last chance to ever see this character in figure form.

This would be one awesome surprise up Toyguru's sleeve to finish out the line in 2015 if Karg could somehow be made.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Karg is definitely needed in MOTUC. Karg is the new Shadow Weaver. And like Weaver and all the other Filmation figures, Karg represents a missing element from an important media source, the only MOTU cinematic live action movie unique character from either faction that is not available in toy form.

MOTUC has brought us so many missing elements: He-Ro, Eldor, Vikor, Demo-Man, Horde Prime, Gygor, Queen Marlena, Adora, Goat Man etc and MOTUC almost definitely represents the first and last chance to ever see this character in figure form.

This would be one awesome surprise up Toyguru's sleeve to finish out the line in 2015 if Karg could somehow be made.
    agree 100%
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Here's the awesome "Classicized" Karg that Hunter Knight Customs made for me!

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com