Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MOTUC KARG - 1987 Comic Book? Could it be done?

I think that Karg should be released and very well SHOULD be released. I mean, what's the worse that could happen? Mattel should just throw caution to the wind and release this character that fans had wanted for almost 30 years. I really do not think the owners of the Karg likeness will sue.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I think that Karg should be released and very well SHOULD be released. I mean, what's the worse that could happen? Mattel should just throw caution to the wind and release this character that fans had wanted for almost 30 years. I really do not think the owners of the Karg likeness will sue.
    The owners are Warner Brothers, with whom Mattel has a good deal of major business, especially with the DC license. There may be no lawsuits, but there is no way Mattel is going to risk souring the relationship in any way by releasing a figure they may not have the full legal rights to do in a very small action figure line that barely registers on their balance sheet. Heck DC/Warner got majorly ticked off when Mattel distributed a handful of JLU Hal Jordan figures just to a chosen few people associated with the line as a Christmas surprise. Mattel is not going to try this unless the rights are definitely in order; as a business, it would be outright irresponsible and foolhardy otherwise.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Can't believe I have a Karg figure in my hand after all this time...

Believe it, Tribal Spaceman! It's the greatest loophole I've ever witnessed! [^D
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Out of this wave I think he's my favorite! Really, the likeness is perfect!!! The detail is amazing, I don't even mind the armor being blue.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I wish BBTS would hurry up and get their shipment in, I'm dying to have this guy! It's been over a year since I placed my pre-order.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I can't believe we have Karg in the line and he's my absolute favourite MOTUC figure in a long time. I can't put him down, he looks awesome from every angle.

I'm thinking of opening my second one (which S7 still have to post out to me) and repainting him into movie accurate colours.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I think Karg won't be produced for the Classics toyline.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Huh? He has been released (comic version) but he's out there.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    I'll take that bet!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I wish BBTS would hurry up and get their shipment in, I'm dying to have this guy! It's been over a year since I placed my pre-order.
    for real. I ordered Karg, Sorceress and Mer-Man. I'm starting to think I'll have She-Ra, Fisto, Utimate He-Man and Ultimate Skeletor in hand before BBTS gets their shipment of figures in and mails us our pre-orders.