Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Karg in MOTUC discussion thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by lemur View Post
    Why can't they just make a 'not Karg' for classics and call him.. Grak or something? Sheesh.
    Same reason I can't make a 'not Spider-Man' and call him 'Arachni-Man'. These little things like trademarks, copyrights, brand identity and intellectual property have a nasty habit of protecting the owners of things like that.
    MOTUC Wishlist: Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Andros, Monstroid, the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Same reason I can't make a 'not Spider-Man' and call him 'Arachni-Man'. These little things like trademarks, copyrights, brand identity and intellectual property have a nasty habit of protecting the owners of things like that.
    They could make it look different enought to get around it. Put a huge hair as a bonus item with some other figure, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    We know that Warner Brothers has the film rights. There may also be others who worked on the film that are entitled to a profit if Karg is made into an action figure. We know that Karg appeared in licensed comics and the movie video game. Robert Towers said that Mattel went to the studio and photographed him in costume for a Karg action figure that was never produced. At the very least, we know that Mattel had planned on making a Karg figure, but changed their minds for some reason. It would be great to know just what the deal was with Karg, and if Mattel ever had/still retain the rights to make a toy of that specific character. It would also be good to know if a prototype was even made for a Karg action figure.

Sorry for digging up this old thread from its grave after using the search feature, but it's awesome to see that we are finally getting a figure of this version of Karg! This figure almost looks like Iron Maiden's Eddie "The Head" from the 80's!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Extremely awesome that it is finally happening.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    I never would have imagined he would look as cool as he does
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Widget
    I have taken the liberty of making this photographic adjustment to bring the colors to the original clothing of the character as seen in the film:

fy1lzo.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gygor View Post
    I have taken the liberty of making this photographic adjustment to bring the colors to the original clothing of the character as seen in the film:

fy1lzo.jpg
    Pretty good but I think he was more gold or bronze in the movie then olive.

Heroic Warrior
    When/if Super 7 get the '87 movie rights, a repaint of Karg in movie colours is gonna be an easy sell for a Powercon exclusive or something!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

fy1lzo.jpg
    THANK YOU! Much needed.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

fy1lzo.jpg

Thanks. I love film colors!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Can't believe I have a Karg figure in my hand after all this time...

Believe it, Tribal Spaceman! It's the greatest loophole I've ever witnessed! [^D
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Out of this wave I think he's my favorite! Really, the likeness is perfect!!! The detail is amazing, I don't even mind the armor being blue.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I wish BBTS would hurry up and get their shipment in, I'm dying to have this guy! It's been over a year since I placed my pre-order.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I can't believe we have Karg in the line and he's my absolute favourite MOTUC figure in a long time. I can't put him down, he looks awesome from every angle.

I'm thinking of opening my second one (which S7 still have to post out to me) and repainting him into movie accurate colours.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I think Karg won't be produced for the Classics toyline.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Huh? He has been released (comic version) but he's out there.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    I'll take that bet!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I wish BBTS would hurry up and get their shipment in, I'm dying to have this guy! It's been over a year since I placed my pre-order.
    for real. I ordered Karg, Sorceress and Mer-Man. I'm starting to think I'll have She-Ra, Fisto, Utimate He-Man and Ultimate Skeletor in hand before BBTS gets their shipment of figures in and mails us our pre-orders.

Oh my gosh!

After all of this time I finally have an action figure of Karg in my hands right now! (Wave at the nice people, Karg!)

Major props to Super7 for getting this done!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

After all this time, Yessssss. One of the best Classics figures in recent years. Well done.
    karg1.jpgkarg2.jpg

So, the sales copy for Karg said that he came with Crucia – The Dagger of Agony and a Fleshburner Laser Gun. Do these two weapons come from any pre-existing media, or were they just made up for the figure itself?
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    So, the sales copy for Karg said that he came with Crucia – The Dagger of Agony and a Fleshburner Laser Gun. Do these two weapons come from any pre-existing media, or were they just made up for the figure itself?
    Hi Wakko,

Eric and I named the weapons and accessories for Wave 2.
    The look of Karg's weapons is derived from existing sources.

The dagger is based on a weapon Karg is holding in William Stout's design for the character, and which was subsequently adapted by Tom Bryski aka King Tamusk for the illustration that appeared in one of the Fwoosh articles he did with BCRDuke. The toy version looks to be based on Tom's illustration.

The gun looks to be inspired by a movie gun too.

Images above (and more) can be found here:

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/he-ma...s-t152-20.html
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; October 23, 2018 at 05:20pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Hi Wakko,

Eric and I named the weapons and accessories for Wave 2.
    The look of Karg's weapons are derived from existing sources.

The dagger is based on a weapon Karg is holding in William Stout's design for the character, and which was subsequently adapted by Tom Bryski aka King Tamusk for the illustration that appeared in one of the Fwoosh articles he did with BCRDuke.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...rgConcept1.jpg

https://i1.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-c...size=592%2C501

The gun looks to be inspired by a movie gun too.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...nsGadgets1.jpg

Images above (and more) can be found here:

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/he-ma...s-t152-20.html
    Thank you for all the info, Danielle! It's a huge help!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!