Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC KARG - 1987 Comic Book? Could it be done?

Thanks for championing this cause, Danielle! I hope your efforts bear fruit! I would LOVE a Karg figure to help further flesh out this amazing toyline... and, I don't mind WHICH "version" they'd ultimately go with if they could green-light it, because to my eye, the 4H always manage to capture elements of the essences of characters from multiple sources of inspiration... if they can do it, it will BE Karg! Here's to hoping!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd be totally happy with that Karg design in classics - as long as we get him in some form!
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

IMG_4829224406832.jpeg
    what could this be?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MattHatter View Post
    IMG_4829224406832.jpeg
    what could this be?
    Something new from Castle of Power.
    MOTUC Wishlist: Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Andros, Monstroid, the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Something new from Castle of Power.
    Although I get sarcasm is hard to indicate online, I was being sarcastic. I knew the kit was to make your own Karg figure. Which they have revealed today.

Most Wanted: Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Ileena, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Lodar, King Tamusk, Hunga the Harpy, King Micah, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    That is awesome!!!
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Wow - would love to see that in the line!!!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I would love Karg in MOTUC!
    Awesome news he can be done because of the MOTU magazine
    I changed my avatar to Karg for 2016!
    MOTU WANTS: Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Drissi, Caz Spritina, Sprag, Sprocker, Hunga the Harpy, Green Reptile Mask of Power Demon, Purple Wolf Mask of Power Demon, Lizorr, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn, Colonel Blast, Monster Riders of Morc
    FILMATION: Battle Cat, Ram Man, Stratos Whiplash
    =>MOTU-Classics-Checklist

I want Karg so bad. I bought Zombihamma's custom Karg head to make my own because I still don't think we'll ever get him. 2 weeks ago Karg was at the bottom of my list of figure wants but then after all these years I finally watched the MOTU movie and he rocketed right to the top.

In my mind he's some wise old man who hangs around Snake Mountain and tries to give Skeletor advice (that Skeletor usually doesn't take).

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I'd be totally happy with that Karg design in classics - as long as we get him in some form!
    Same here

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Just received the Castle of Power KARG head! Since I already have Hunter Knight's awesome movie Karg, I decided to put together a reasonable facimile of the He-Man Magazine version!

I also picked up the Karak Nul Customs armor and cape kit, slapped together a Faceless One and Standor, painted FO's belly black which was easy, and threw on a Trap Jaw hook. I had to do some cutting on the back part of the armor and around the fur on the cape to get it to fit around the hair. Haven't decided if I should paint the fur collar white, since it came in black from Karak Nul. Kinda digging the black though, so I might leave it. Hmm.

Kargamania!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Lovin Kargmania!!!!! Very cool and would be a welcome addition to the line

Heroic Warrior
    Penny can u do a head swap?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Penny can u do a head swap?
    Nah, almost positive Hunter's head won't come off and I don't want to mess up the piece, esp. the hair, by trying. It'd be fun to see what it'd look like though.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; March 19, 2015 at 11:05pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    That Karg looks pretty damn good. Still no way an official one can be made though?

Heroic Warrior
    Looks great Penny, I'd love to see a official one maybe on a smaller ( slimmer) buck ,

Bill Stout, creature designer on the '87 MOTU movie, wanted residuals for every design of his Mattel turned into a figure. Hence only three movie characters/designs made it into the 1980s line. Stout is the only character creator in MOTU to have been given "royalties" for a character.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    Bill Stout, creature designer on the '87 MOTU movie, wanted residuals for every design of his Mattel turned into a figure. Hence only three movie characters/designs made it into the 1980s line. Stout is the only character creator in MOTU to have been given "royalties" for a character.
    Does that impact the character Karg himself though? What is the real truth about the motu magazine and can Mattel make him? Also when does the motu movie rights and trademark run out and how can an efx guy determine when a character can be made and the company owns the rights? The artist gives up his rights/creations when he agrees to work for a company. At least that's what Ive always read. Is that right? Id like to know.
    Last edited by hordedestiny; July 7, 2015 at 04:44pm.
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by hordedestiny View Post
    Does that impact the character Karg himself though? What is the real truth about the motu magazine and can Mattel make him? Also when does the motu movie rights and trademark run out and how can an efx guy determine when a character can be made and the company owns the rights? The artist gives up his rights/creations when he agrees to work for a company. At least that's what Ive always read. Is that right? Id like to know.
    That all depends on the individual contract.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hordedestiny View Post
    Not necessarily. Every situation can be different regarding work-for-hire. Some contracts allow the creators to retain their rights to a property while licensed out to a company. Most likely though, as an artist, just as most other artists have in their contracts (even DC and Marvel now) allow for royalties to be paid toward creators, even if the original company still holds all rights to the character. Similar to how Jack Nicholson gets a nice paycheck everytime his likeness is used for Batman/Joker merchandise or when Burton's film gets a new DVD release, or how the songwriter of some one-hit wonder from the '80s still gets paid every time Sony licenses their song to a car commercial. Royalties don't imply ownership, per se, just that the company is obligated to compensate the creators/performers of something the company owns when they use it.
    MOTUC Wishlist: Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Andros, Monstroid, the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Love the Castle of Power head and Karak Nul pieces, but I wouldn't mind and official too. Karg is excellent though. I always pictured his schtick to be some sort of Majestic KingScreen Shot 2015-04-17 at 6.15.57 PM.png sort of garb...
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    That all depends on the individual contract.
    Thanks No-Ah and Madison Carter.
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

Karg definitely needs to happen! Hopefully Mattel will find a way to release him in either movie or vintage magazine look. I'd like to see other movie characters made like Skeletor, his troops, He-man, Beastman and God Skeletor. One can hope...
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Mattel can release them as the UK Comic version with the option to change that figure into the 87 version. The alternative accessories for the 87 movie can be released at a later stage in a Weapons Pak.
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095