Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If He-Man is Re-Issued a Third Time, What Changes Would You Like To See Made?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

If He-Man is Re-Issued a Third Time, What Changes Would You Like To See Made?

So, if the basic version of He-Man gets re-issued for a third time, what changes would you like to see made?

I have three in mind:

1. Black Eyebrows. He-Man has had black eyebrows in MOST of his appearances as toys, in comics and on TV. His evil robot clone Faker has black eyebrows in MOTUC as does his TWIN sister!

2. Tri-Klops' left arm. He-Man has the same bracelets (like Tri-Klops) in a LOT of media, including the first mini-comic and Filmation!

3. "Filmation" Power Sword. This is the biggest change as it would be a newly tooled item. He-Man has appeared with this sword in many mini-comics (the Leech one is in the picture) and we got a "Filmation" looking Sword of Protection...which is a clone of the Power Sword.

If Mattel makes these changes, I would be VERY excited about buying another He-Man!

What do you guys want?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

nothing! he looks great!

but i love pre filmation style. maybe the beast in the first mini comic with green godess

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    1. Black Eyebrows. He-Man has had black eyebrows in MOST of his appearances as toys, in comics and on TV. His evil robot clone Faker has black eyebrows in MOTUC as does his TWIN sister!

2. Tri-Klops' left arm. He-Man has the same bracelets (like Tri-Klops) in a LOT of media, including the first mini-comic and Filmation!

3. "Filmation" Power Sword. This is the biggest change as it would be a newly tooled item. He-Man has appeared with this sword in many mini-comics (the Leech one is in the picture) and we got a "Filmation" looking Sword of Protection...which is a clone of the Power Sword.

If Mattel makes these changes, I would be VERY excited about buying another He-Man!

What do you guys want?
    For me, your #3 would be #1! Though I agree 100% with all of your suggestions.

I think I'd also prefer his hair to be a little bit longer. I personally am not lucky enough to even have a He-Man, but in all the user pics I've seen, it seems to be a bit on the short side imo (but even as I type this, I know I'd LOVE He-Man as he is now, no changes!).

Cheers, and great thread!

- ORANGE deco on the shield instead of red. It's a classic, make it LOOK like the classic!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

The only change I'd make is to produce more of them so I can get one!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The belt is what I'd change. Make it match the bracelets. I hate the red on that belt.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    New shield and ax! They´re not detailed enough compared to later weapons in the line and not accurate to the original toy and cardback illustration.

I'd like his eyebrows to be the same shape as Faker's and look less like Spock's.

Changes to the first two...?

I would love to see him longer available

Nothing else

I'm hoping that the next He-Man issued will be the 200X version. That is all, carrying on.

Heroic Warrior
    What about a sheath for his sword? to make him more cartoon accurate - could be easily clipsed/ hooked on his now sheath thing on the back.

I'm thinking of making one but have no clue as to where to start. Maybe plasticard or something.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The belt is what I'd change. Make it match the bracelets. I hate the red on that belt.
    I was JUST thinking about this last night. I hate it too. The worst part is, I'm not sure where they got the idea to paint those parts of his belt red. It wasn't like that on the 4H's proto, nor did he appear that way on the cardback or in any of the old art. It needs to be "fixed", IMO.

The ankle, definitely... Tight joints and probably with side to side rocking articulation...

Other than that I am pretty happy with the figure...

double head!!

THE 200X head !!

Quote Originally Posted by badmouse View Post
    nothing! he looks great!
    What he said.

Enough with the changes.

Just re-relase the figures.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    What about a sheath for his sword? to make him more cartoon accurate - could be easily clipsed/ hooked on his now sheath thing on the back.

I'm thinking of making one but have no clue as to where to start. Maybe plasticard or something.
    I think a sheath is a really good idea. That is the one thing that I've always felt was lacking with the figures although I am unsure if that would make it too similar to the filmation version.

Changes? Nothing other than a production where everyone who wants a He-Man will get one.

If Mattel does it, well i would be cool for the people that didn´t have the chance to get one. But what else can be change, the paint, the eyes, the shoulders....Already done. I think accesories would be cool or a motu 200x version would be the best option...
    "Superman was born a hero. Batman became a hero.
    But only Green Lantern... was chosen!"

http://www.legionariox.superforo.net

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Yes, if those three very slight changes were made I'd definatley buy it.

I bought the first release, then the reissue due to the corrected shoulders, then I put the armor that comes with The Goddess on it because it's a much lighter grey. This, if released would be my 3rd standard He-Man purchase but it would be well worth it for those simple changes.

How about a styling mustache? I'd like to see He-Man rockin' a handlebar.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Sorry noob question, what is the difference between the Power Sword we got vs the mic comics? The only difference I see if the width of the sword which does not bother me too much...

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar

SD cards are cheap, but they're not THAT cheap. That'd add at least $5 per fig, and it wouldn't be cost-effective. You could fit every MOTU comic known to man on a half gig (512m) SD card with room to spare.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Wow! The mini comic on the SD card is a great idea and continues the concept of bringing the vintage style to the modern age.

If He-Man is re-issued, though, I think he should be the same as the current re-issue so that new fans can get an "original" He-Man. The changes from the original (2008) release were to correct production errors like the reversed shoulders and too much red on his face. If he's re-released as a bonus figure variant, then any of the changes that have already been suggested could be cool.

Too many variants, though, could be dangerous to the line. I didn't collect the 200X figures, but from what I've read, isn't that a common theory as to why that line died - too many variant figures?

I loved getting BA He-Man, but I don't think my wallet can afford "Black Eyebrows He-Man" or "Filmation Power Sword He-Man".
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker