Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much would fans be willing to pay for Granwmyr?

I could manage $50 - $60 for Granamyr or other large figures.

Heck I paid $100 for the 'Cloverfield' Monster exclusive from Hasbrotoyshop.com. And I love that figure!

Whoever said that figures over 7" tall are 'dolls'? Not when they're a cool Dragon or Monster or Giant with silken hair!
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    50 bucks sounds good to me. Shipping would be expensive so 5 say go $50.00. Of course his size really also must be factored in as many have said. I would love to see a MOTU dragon though. I say release him in 2012. That's the next year of the Dragon. Some may want him sooner but Ii can be patient.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I agree with the $50-60 range. I would love this figure!!

ideally no more than 50.

if he was really larger MAYBE 70.

as long as we got an AMAZING one i'd be happy and if he was in scale well that'd be even better.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Isn't he part of the Filmation mythos? So they would need to get the Filmation likeness rights to do him (even then could they still call him Granamyr?)

Maybe they could go with 'Dragon King' or something like that instead....

He only appeared in Filmation right? so any redesign surely wouldn't appeal to all fans? Personally, I'd definately pass on him, but I doubt he'd command anymore than $45.
    Last edited by blackiecats; February 4, 2010 at 09:25pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Isn't he part of the Filmation mythos? So they would need to get the Filmation likeness rights to do him (even then could they still call him Granamyr?)

Maybe they could go with 'Dragon King' or something like that instead....
    I thought he also appeared in the mini comics. Mattel have the rights to those.

Anyway, about the main question. If the sculpting and detail is absolutely phenomenal, the maximum I would be willing to pay is $100. And you know he would look amazing. The design of Granamyr is amazing, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I thought he also appeared in the mini comics. Mattel have the rights to those.
    Cool! Does anyone have a pic of his appearance in the mini comics?
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Depends how big he is, but I'd say $30 - $45 +shipping.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Assuming Matty has access to the rights, and the name, I'd pay $50 to $60 for scale appropriate Granymr.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    The most i would spend is $150.00 tax and shipping included but Matty had better not expect me to buy anything else that month is all i have to say,
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    $50 is the perfect price for him. Battle Cat is $30, much larger than a figure and a 100% unique sculpt (obviously). Granamyr would have to be larger than this, so $20 is quite a bit of wiggle-room. Heck, if they make him the same size of Battle Cat (head to tail) he could be $30!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    For me to answer this question, I need to know how big he will be... Regardless, at the small end of the scale, I would pay 50.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I would pay $40
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Cool! Does anyone have a pic of his appearance in the mini comics?

Granamyr

Thank you, Bustatoons!
    Last edited by CarKrash; February 5, 2010 at 12:20am. Reason: givin' credit!

I'm going with the majority of people here and go with $50. This line is expensive enough as it is at least for me being a working college student. And when he gets released there should be nothing else being released like bonus figures or reissues so fans don't have to choose. Make him rotocast so he'll be cheaper and make up for it with his size. I want Granamyr to tower over the figures.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

It would depend how big he was but I'd go 50-60ish range for it.

It'd be great if he gets made he's my most wanted non-toy based creature.

I have never seen Granamyr exept of his appearence in 'Dragon's Gift' minicomis - which I like a lot.
    But how much would I pay? ... well, it depends on many things but definitely I would not go above 50$.

I'd prefer it to be less than $50, but I have a feeling that would be the starting point if he's made exactly to scale.

Whatever the price, I'd like to see him as a future subscription incentive. I know that idea isn't going to sit well with some of the other folks around here, but I'd rather pay my money and be guaranteed getting him than worry about the quick sell out. I'm certain the monthly figure won't sell as well on its release date if Granamyr comes around just like what's probably going to happen this month. So, I'd rather have a month to come up with what I would need to put my money down on Granamyr for my two subscriptions instead of wait six months to save up just to find him sold out within an hour. Regardless, the secondary market would mark this beast up like no one could guess.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd go for $50-$60 for Granamyr... This should allow Mattel to make a really awesome figure !

I'd buy Granamyr, definitely ! But I'm even more excited about Tytus, Megator, and Azdar, Belzar, and Chadzar (the 3 MYP giants) !

Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    I'd prefer it to be less than $50, but I have a feeling that would be the starting point if he's made exactly to scale.
    If he was made exactly to the scale in the mini-comic, the starting point would be much higher than $50.

Battle Cat costs much less than I anticipated (and most people), so maybe he can be done for $50.00 to $60.00. That sounds reasonable. I would pay up to $100.00.

It would really depend on the size AND he level of ARTICULATION.
    Big figure as in pick with simple articulation 50-60$
    Big figure as in pick with extensive articulation 80-90$

Granamyr in MOTUC would be a dream come true for me. I can't think of a single character that I'd rather have from the MOTU mythos. So, I'd easily pay up to $100 or more for him. Depending on his scale, he'd probably be more around the $60 price range. Hopefully the rights to Filmation can be acquired, so we can get him in red. If not, and they have to make him green as seen in the mini-comic, then I'll just have to paint him red myself!!

I want Granymyr.

But I honestly can't see paying more than $40 for a deluxe/oversized action (non-action, rather) figure. I still have a hard time justifying $20 per regular figure w/ continuing qc issues, and Battle Cat at $30 still seems a bit inflated to me.

Maybe if his "body" gets rotocast, that could save on his cost? I don't know....
    – No comment.

Heroic Warrior
    I really LOVE Granymyr. He was one of my favorite parts of the cartoon and the mini-comics. I think the cost point would be based on size and tooling re-use. Since he's pretty much a one shot unless they could reuse his parts for someone else he'll most likely be expensive compared to a figure they could re-use. I'm thinking I would pay up to $100. I deally I'd want him in the $50-$60 range but $100 is reasonable if he's done right and is in scale with his depictions in the comic/cartoon. He's I think 2 or 3 MOTUC warriors tall.

$40, shipping cost plus custom taxes will kill me.
    ¡Ya tengo el PODER!