Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much would fans be willing to pay for Granwmyr?

I would definitely pay up to $100 for Granamyr.

i have the luxary of saying money is really no object to me at this point in time, which is nice that i can say that, i mean realistically, im lookin at dropping $200 in feb for 3 tjs and 2 bc's and some stands, with that said. 60 would be ideal, 100+ if hes truely amazing. while we're on on the subject, id drop 150 on the castle itself too
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

How much i'd be willing to pay would depend entirely on how big he is. But numbers like up to $50 wouldn't be unreasonable if it was big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    i have the luxary of saying money is really no object to me at this point in time, which is nice that i can say that, i mean realistically, im lookin at dropping $200 in feb for 3 tjs and 2 bc's and some stands, with that said. 60 would be ideal, 100+ if hes truely amazing. while we're on on the subject, id drop 150 on the castle itself too
    You can buy one for everyone here then.

dude! if i could i would!

but i meant like, 100 for me on a toy isnt going to put me in to a hardship, where as i know for others it would cause them to not be able to eat for a week (tho at that point i wonder why they are buying toys in the first place) however im also of the belief that hey, why work 40-60 hrs a week if u cant enjoy life?
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Considering I'm one of the many downsized individuals looking for work, I don't want to spend that much on a toy. If I get a job between now & when he's released, I'd be willing to pay $50-60. Maybe up to $70-80 if he came with Skytree.

The bad thing is that, imho, the Filmation Granamyr looks cooler than the mini-comic one(which is what he would look like unless Mattel finally got the Filmation rights).

His face looks more like a typical dragon and even though green is my favorite color, I think he looks better in red.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 5, 2010 at 06:04pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    no more than $50 -$60.... hopefully no bigger than 12'' when seated, and fully articulated like the rest of the figures in the line.

make him too big with limited articulation, and I'd probably pass on him... i don't need a 3 foot tall figure; that'd cost too much. Limited articulation would also be a huge turnoff for me.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

While I'd prefer to pay less, I can say with certainty that I would pay $100 for him, plus shipping to Australia. Maybe even more! I have paid US$50 for vintage Horde Troopers before (to fill out my army) so I can easily see US$100 getting burnt to obtain the Oldest and Wisest of Dragons of Darksmoke.

In truth, whatever price Mattel put on him, I will pay.

IMO Granamyr must be coloured red, like Filmation (not the green mini-comic version) and should be a neck & head taller than a giant figure.

Rotocast sounds like a good idea to keep production & shipping costs and weight down.

$0. If they are going to do large figures there are much better choices.

1st Class Necrotizer Necrotizer's Avatar
    With Battlecat at a price point of $30, I would gladly pay $50-60 for the grumpy 'ol dragon. He was always one of my favorite characters from the animated series, and I've wanted a figure since I was little. Plus, he is totally available to be made, since he appeared in the minis first with a green hide. Who likes the green skin versus the red? I'm in favor of the green myself!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I think I'd pay $60
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    $30 is a reasonable price. Suggesting prices higher than this is not good idea.

$50-$60 seems fair. I can see this being one of those unique sculpts the 4HM spoke of, but as he will be a large beast and probably bigger than Battle Cat the most I'd spend is 70.

Haha, some of you need to shoot a lot lower to stop giving Mattel ideas

That said, I'd be cool with him if he was under 40 bucks. Otherwise not much interest.

No more than $40 here. He'd be a bonus figure...so that means that we'd still need to buy a normal figure. If he's a 12" figure...that's twice as much as a normal figure. Most people buy more than one. (People are already talking about how expensive this month is going to be... I can't imagine if a figure costs upwards of $60+!)

$10. It's a toy.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    $10. It's a toy.
    That's less than the regular sized MOTUC toys. If that is an option, I'd definitely take it.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I can't see it being less than $50 USD, and that's being generous lol. I'm still undecided if i'd purchase this figure should he ever see the light of day. (I don't wanna open up a can of worms but it does make me wonder about the potential cost of Tytus/Megator.)

I'm a bit worried about the lack of enthusiasm and general low price suggestions for a Granamyr figure.

What hope do we have of ever seeing this iconic character if fans say they wont buy him or would pay only $10, $30 or $40? Regular MOTUC figures go for that type of value on ebay.

The fact this thread has only 68 hits almost says it all.

I just cannot believe so many fans are apathetic about this figure. I bet he'd fly off the shelves if produced but I've seen street buskers get a better reaction than this! I know some folk will be trying to 'game' Mattel by putting in low price estimates in the hope Mattel will keep such a figure at lower cost than they otherwise might but the risk is Mattel think they will not be able to sell enough units as profit so no Granamyr at all.

The absence of enthusiasm and realistic pricing suggestions makes me feel very sad and depressed, not only about Granamyr but about the prospects for
    - a Snake Mountain or proper Castle Grayskull playset,
    - a wind raider or sky sled vehicle
    - Filmation characters like Shadow Weaver.

MOTUC exists only because the fans - largely on this site - have kept the flame of passion alive. If we don't get behind Granamyr and push for him, then I just cannot see it happening. I urge you all to get behind him ... but sadly, I fear the damage has already been done.

$60 sounds about right to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I'm a bit worried about the lack of enthusiasm and general low price suggestions for a Granamyr figure.

What hope do we have of ever seeing this iconic character if fans say they wont buy him or would pay only $10, $30 or $40? Regular MOTUC figures go for that type of value on ebay.

The fact this thread has only 68 hits almost says it all.

I just cannot believe so many fans are apathetic about this figure. I bet he'd fly off the shelves if produced but I've seen street buskers get a better reaction than this! I know some folk will be trying to 'game' Mattel by putting in low price estimates in the hope Mattel will keep such a figure at lower cost than they otherwise might but the risk is Mattel think they will not be able to sell enough units as profit so no Granamyr at all.

The absence of enthusiasm and realistic pricing suggestions makes me feel very sad and depressed, not only about Granamyr but about the prospects for
    - a Snake Mountain or proper Castle Grayskull playset,
    - a wind raider or sky sled vehicle
    - Filmation characters like Shadow Weaver.

MOTUC exists only because the fans - largely on this site - have kept the flame of passion alive. If we don't get behind Granamyr and push for him, then I just cannot see it happening. I urge you all to get behind him ... but sadly, I fear the damage has already been done.
    I put $40 for Granamyr... (I consider him a beast along with Battle Cat...he's a larger "beast" so I priced him higher than BattleCat)

Here's what I'd say for what you posted.
    Snake Mountain or proper Castle Grayskull playset: $85-$100
    Wind Raider: $40 (Not really a complex vehicle...if you were to say the Attak Trak, Dragonwalker, etc...it would be more)
    Sky Sled: $20 (Why would this be any more expensive than a figure...if it was paired with the full Battle Ram...then I'd obviously pay more for it)
    Shadow Weaver: $20 (She'd be a normal figure...why would I pay more?)

Mattel needs to remember that they can use the forums as a gauge...but the big picture is looming outside these threads. There is a major recession going on...and if they start putting out figures trying to gain a huge profit, they will warm the virtual toy shelves. IMHO they actually priced BattleCat a little low but that's great. They priced him at a point that would make him sell...and where they wouldn't take a hit. Right now they need to play the numbers game...this is an online "line" only...they don't have the luxury of selling these at stores.
    Last edited by WDWFreak53; February 7, 2010 at 09:02am.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafos View Post
    $60.00......
    more or less...
    ULTIMO MUTOC ACQUISTATO:
    demo-man
    sto leggendo:
    the new 52
    Progetto 18 il mio blog http://progettodiciotto.blogspot.com/

Off the top of my head, $60-$80.

But rest assured, as soon as I see a pic of that beast, I will pay whatever it takes to get him.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    How much i'd be willing to pay would depend entirely on how big he is. But numbers like up to $50 wouldn't be unreasonable if it was big enough.
    To do him justice he'd have to be huge:

(Thanks to Busta Toons for the picture!)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    To do him justice he'd have to be huge:
    I'm wondering if the body could be used for the Drakadon (if they could even use him).

I agree that he'd have to be huge...

I want a Mulkrom