Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Armor Faker.!?

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar

Battle Armor Faker.!?

Last month in one of the Q and As, ToyGuru posed the question:

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    Would you prefer a Battle Armor Faker over say, Dragon Blaster Skeletor as an A-list update? What say you?
    Of course.. this answer divided people, as they're are alo of people who are fans of vintage variants..

Most recently.. over at Matty's official board, ToyGuru was talking about a convention exclusive figure:

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    We do have plans to get to a new un-slimed Egon down the road. The SDCC version is retired. We like to keep our show exlusives special. While they are usually offered on MattyCollector.com after the show, they sell out fast and are a one time deal!
    To my knowledge, Faker is a NYCC exclusive.. So here's my two part question..

For Everyone, Dragon Blaster Skeletor not being taken into account - Would you buy a Battle Armor Faker?

For those who are catching up on re-releases, or missed him, etc and mostly want a re-issue Faker.. If they choose to not re-release Faker, would you accept Battle Armor Faker as a substitute?

Discuss

Here's a link to the Q & A (along with a mockup of Battle Armor Faker)

http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=3444

Personally, the "do you want A or B" stuff has to stop. If Toy Guru wants to poll fans, I wish he'd just ask "do you like this?" without having to play it off something else.

We should get Dragon Blaster Skeletor as a bonus figure. He seems to be a popular classic version.

And if there is room in the line, I'd love to see a spot for Battle Armor Faker.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I think is better to keep in consideration existing character figures that haven’t been represented in MOTUC yet rather than make totally brand new characters.

Would prefer Dragon Blaster skeletor, I mean where would faker call upon the power to summon battle armor?

Battle damaged faker would more sense, showing his circuitry almost terminator style
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Id buy it and I like it. Its sorrta a new figure that we never had before so it would be really different and cool to have.

Why not do a MAA Battle Armor or Randor. I mean a new twist on a figure sometimes is all you need to make it awesome.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I don't want battle armor Faker, I want FAKER!!! I feel like we're giving them reasons not to rerelease him with this kind of talk.

I also want Dragon Blaster Skeletor more than BA Faker.
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    I think is better to keep in consideration existing character figures that haven’t been represented in MOTUC yet rather than make totally brand new characters.
    I disagree, new characters are VERY welcome before we've exhausted all the vintage players. But this isn't a new character, it's a new variant! The only new variants I want are Ice and Snake Armor He-Man, and Fire Armor Skeletor.

Heroic Warrior
    Please no Battle Armor Faker!

Widget
    I dont want a BA Faker at all. I want to get to the meat of the original line.. Stop wasting my time and money Matty with extras please.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I would buy it, but don't like it
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Stupid stupid stupid stupid idea. That's not the Faker we all know and love. How about re-releasing the original Faker that I've seen about 200 fans post on this board that they're waiting for?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??! I'm new to this line, and I can't afford, not do I want to be, a completist, but of the few MUSTS in my collection, Faker is first on the list.

Seriously, I hear someone mention wanting the ORIGINAL Faker in every. sincgle. thread. C'mon Matty, throw us a bone! Where is there any precedent whatsoever for BA Faker? I could see, MAYBE, Battle DAMAGED Faker, under the armor, invisible on display with the armor on so it looks like the original at first blush, but given the reuse of torsos, I wouldn't think that'd happen.

So, for NO addition cost or bother, GIVE US ANOTHER FRICKIN FAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    Please no Battle Armor Faker!
    I'll second that.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Battle Armor Faker is a great idea but i don't want to have to give up another figure we should get just to get him though. I'd take a Battle Armor Faker
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

BA Faker is a cool idea, but I'd rather see Dragon Blaster Skeletor if given the option. If BA Faker ever sees the light of day, I'd rather him be a bonus figure.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I
    shourly wouldn´t buy him

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Would prefer Dragon Blaster skeletor, I mean where would faker call upon the power to summon battle armor?

Battle damaged faker would more sense, showing his circuitry almost terminator style
    I'd love to see that varient made!! that would kick royal....... uh..... butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post

Personally, the "do you want A or B" stuff has to stop. If Toy Guru wants to poll fans, I wish he'd just ask "do you like this?" without having to play it off something else.

We should get Dragon Blaster Skeletor as a bonus figure. He seems to be a popular classic version.

And if there is room in the line, I'd love to see a spot for Battle Armor Faker.
    I agree.. this 'either or' mentality is for the birds.....why can't they make both? Since the toyline is up & running why not give us both a DB Skelly, and sometime down the road, a BA Faker? Seriously, BA Faker would cost them nothing to make, since all the parts would be there already.

I'd rather see all the characters get made first before they go nuts with the varients....

personally, if i wanted a BA faker, I could just put BA He-man's (or BA Skeletor's when he comes out) armor on him. I don't need to buy a whole new Faker figure just for the armor... just put the recolored armor in an accessory pack. Simple. took me less than two seconds to think of that.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    This is why MOTU cannot grow.

The fans are far too fearful and nervous about getting all the existing characters to want new versions of older characters or even ALL NEW characters. Hell, even characters from other eras are seen as competition.

Instead of expansion, it's stagnation.

In this case, it's expansion of existing characters that's being held back. I'd want a Battle Armor Faker. Faker doesn't need the protection, he's just imitating He-Man.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I wouldn't buy a Battle Armor faker. I for sure wouldn't buy him if he looked like that mock up. But I have no use for that figure at all.

There will come a time when they will be making variants that just are not that good. I've been waiting for that day so I can start skipping some of these releases. Silver Armor Man-at-Arms for instance would make sense to some degree cause we could build up a group for Man-at-Arms to lead. But Battle Armor Faker just doesn't make sense other than an extra figure that the obsessive fans would buy.

Some of these explainations for why there should be a Battle Armor faker, I keep expecting Fozzy Bear to pop in saying "wokka wokka wokka".
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Quote Originally Posted by clawful13 View Post
    I dont want a BA Faker at all. I want to get to the meat of the original line.. Stop wasting my time and money Matty with extras please.
    Good call I agree!!! No Mo-Lar either!!!!

I say it would better make other figures like Ran Man, man E faces, Jitsu etc, better than the same figures in other varient...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This is why MOTU cannot grow.

The fans are far too fearful and nervous about getting all the existing characters to want new versions of older characters or even ALL NEW characters. Hell, even characters from other eras are seen as competition.

Instead of expansion, it's stagnation.

In this case, it's expansion of existing characters that's being held back. I'd want a Battle Armor Faker. Faker doesn't need the protection, he's just imitating He-Man.
    i just wrote this awesome agreeing with you but the dumb ass i am deleted it so yea make new designs for exsisting characters and bring new characters every so often. It will not hurt at all.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I don't mind the idea of BA Faker, but not over a "traditional" character.

I would not buy a Battle Armor Faker....but I WOULD buy a Dragon Blaster Skeletor...NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

If they did a battle armor Faker, I would want him to have unique armor rather than a recolored He-man or Skeletor armor. Also the battle damage should have robotic pieces showing! (I would be more interested in a battle armor MAA or Randor personally though)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post

i DO wish that they would do that as well.

on the matty board they asked about the sky sled and he responded that if they did the sky sled it would have to take the place of a totally newly tooled figure like king hiss or ram man and then said is this something we want?

i do not like that sort of tactic.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I would buy BA Faker! I would buy DB Skeletor in a heartbeat! I would buy almost any figure they came out with (yes, including and especially Mo-Larr). I think the more figures we get the longer this line will keep going! I'm not of the camp that "I want all my favorite figures first because I'm afraid this line is going to die soon". I think this line will be around for years, and opposing figures will only hurt it.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker