Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vizar & Detector - the next Zodac & Zodak?

Vizar & Detector - the next Zodac & Zodak?

First of all folks, forgive me if this was suggested in a previous thread already (I searched for it, but didn't find anything).

As faNAtics might know, Vizar's original concept was titled "Detector" and showed a Caucasian warrior with red cape and slightly altered helmet and armor. This version also was used alot in the European NA comics.

If Mattel comes to producing Vizar for the MotU Classics line, what would you say if they'd go the same routine with Detector that they went with Zodak?

Means: First of all, Vizar is released as a regular figure.

A while later, Detector is released (probably as bonus figure), with the biography linking him to Vizar, but making him a separate character.

Vizar is relatively unexpensive to produce anyway (aside of him not needing many new molds, they even could reuse Webstor's hook), and Detector would only need a new paint job, head and extra cape. It would offer fans a way to get both versions, as well as add a "new" character for the MotU cosmos.

The only problem there is that Vizar is not quite the most popular and prominent NA character, thus it's up to question if he's even on the horizon within the next couple of years, and if there would be enough demand to justify a Detector refresh down the road. Personally, I don't think that's Vizar's high on Mattel's radar, and Detector probably is even more obscure than Wun-Dar. But aside of potential sales, it would be a nice thing to do IMO.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

They both look like Tri-Klops with a gun and a cape. I do like Detector way more than Vizar. Vizar reminds me of G.I. Joe.
    Last edited by sKareGlo; February 6, 2010 at 11:18pm. Reason: wrong name for figure i was referring to

Most of the heroic NA characters remind me of GI Joes! Epecially Vizar and Nocturna with their camouflage outfits.

I do like the idea of making the concept Vizar a separate figure though.

I agree, Detector actually has a MOTU compatible appearance, while Vizar (great name) doesn't. I'd want Detector way more than Vizar if given the choice--although I'm pretty indifferent to these guys.

Why not, as Bonus figures or Bonus twopack.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    If we get to Vizar (something I spect for) I want a Detector too, why not?
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

I'm all for both of them considering I am a big NA fan. But I also think it's going to be a while before we get either of them even though there would be minimal tooling for them.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I'd say Vizar is some way off- I'd hazard a guess that most NA characters that have a similarity to MOTU figures are, actually.

...and therefore I imagine Detector is even further! Must say, I'm not keen on either at this stage.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I'll take both.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I'd prefer Butthead first But I'll get both as well!
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    First of all folks, forgive me if this was suggested in a previous thread already (I searched for it, but didn't find anything).

As faNAtics might know, Vizar's original concept was titled "Detector" and showed a Caucasian warrior with red cape and slightly altered helmet and armor. This version also was used alot in the European NA comics.

If Mattel comes to producing Vizar for the MotU Classics line, what would you say if they'd go the same routine with Detector that they went with Zodak?

Means: First of all, Vizar is released as a regular figure.

A while later, Detector is released (probably as bonus figure), with the biography linking him to Vizar, but making him a separate character.

Vizar is relatively unexpensive to produce anyway (aside of him not needing many new molds, they even could reuse Webstor's hook), and Detector would only need a new paint job, head and extra cape. It would offer fans a way to get both versions, as well as add a "new" character for the MotU cosmos.

The only problem there is that Vizar is not quite the most popular and prominent NA character, thus it's up to question if he's even on the horizon within the next couple of years, and if there would be enough demand to justify a Detector refresh down the road. Personally, I don't think that's Vizar's high on Mattel's radar, and Detector probably is even more obscure than Wun-Dar. But aside of potential sales, it would be a nice thing to do IMO.
    I think it is a brilliant idea; good job.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...P_Detector.jpg
    would be fantastic

Sounds like a great idea! Good Dector-skills, Sir Reilly!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I'd love to see that happen.
    What killed my interest in NA toys were the fact Darius never came out and that Vizar and Karatti looked awesome in the comics, but when the figures came out I was really disappointed because they looked nothing like the comic versions.
    Even today I find the actual figures pretty lame in comparison, so I'll gladly buy Detector and hopefully a comic style Karatti as well.

"Never will forgive you, never leave you
    You know that if you live like, you will die like
    How can I erase your pain and aid you
    When Death wants to kiss you
    and you want to kiss him back..."

Sonata Arctica - "Sing in Silence"

I'd buy them! I've definitely become a fan of NA in the past month, so I'm looking forward to any and all NA figures!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I've definitely become a fan of NA in the past month!
    You traitor ...
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

It's actually a very good series. I'm still not a huge fan of the way the vintage figures looked, but the cartoon designs show how they can be cleaned up. I can't wait to see what the 4 Horsemen do with NA. In my opinion, they're off to a great start with Optikk!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Vizar is relatively unexpensive to produce anyway (aside of him not needing many new molds, they even could reuse Webstor's hook),
    I don't think he needs special thighs, they could just be painted camoflauge. He could use Marzo's boots, Chief Carnivus's breastplate & Hordak's gloves.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I'm down. I'll take both. He appeared in MOTU media, so that's good enough for me. Plus it would be another obscure character made in plastic. Sign me up.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    I would definitely be game for getting both figures!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I like NA, but I really hope that this figure doesn't come until the end of the line. I remember ToyGuru saying that in 2016, they might not be able to get to all of the figures and this would include some of the NA heroes. I always thought that some of the heroes that they couldn't get to are these guys: Vizar and Nocturna.

Both figures just seem boring to me. There are far more interesting characters - from both a design and personality standpoint - to get to first.

I would buy them both as I never had the original Vizar and Detector was in the Uk comics that I enjoyed as a child so I have a nostalgic connection to him.

I will be VERY happy to wait until 2016 for either of these figs. I don't think I even knew about them until now. They look like rejected concepts. Were they in the cartoon?

A big fan of Slush Head
    Detector is way cooler than Vizar. Vizar is just...Meh!
    He is a GI Joe in MOTU for crying out loud. I've never been a big fan of Vizar.
    He has a cool name and a cool helmet but that's about it.

Detector would fit better in Classics than Vizar. He has the MOTU look while Vizar doesn't.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I'd easily buy both, but the question is if it would fit with TG's "Master Plan" to exclude some of the Galactic Guardians by 2016 in order to fit in highly obscure characters like Carnivus ... not that I'm bitter or anything.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?