Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vizar & Detector - the next Zodac & Zodak?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    There's many, many characters from POP, MOTU and NA that I'd rather have than these guys, but I'll get them if they ever get made in MOTUC.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Neither of these 2 characters would be great additions to the MOTUC line IMO.

Maybe in 7 years when there won't be anything else to release... I hope from that time a new comic or cartoon will be made adding new interesting figures or refreshing some poor characters.

I had Vizar when I was a kid, and I liked him then, so I'm a little biased now I always liked his hook and helmet, I thought they set him apart from the rest of NA (at least the ones I had).

If the other NA MOTUC figures get to look all space-y, I don't think it's bad to have one military-ish figure. I haven't run across Detector before, but if they tie him into the story, I think it'd be a really efficient use of molds... so, sure, somewhere down the line, I'd take a Vizar and a monthly bonus Detector.

Quote Originally Posted by sKareGlo View Post
    They both look like Tri-Klops with a gun and a cape. I do like Detector way more than Vizar. Vizar reminds me of G.I. Joe.
    Camoflauge has no place in MOTU. God the NA designs look like some kind of bootleg knockoffs of militaristic space toys, like a mixture of The Corps figures you see in Job Lots and some kind of anemic Stargate clone.

I am totally in for both Vizar first obviously, in the same aspect the should do the same with Crystolar Karatti ( cant figure out how to add image sorry)

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    There's many, many characters from POP, MOTU and NA that I'd rather have than these guys, but I'll get them if they ever get made in MOTUC.
    me too, but vizar would be easy (cheap) to make with pre-existing parts. we would get a new figure & the money made with him can go to tooling more unique characters. he could be a bonus figure like the goddess was so we could still get our regular monthly figure.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Vizar is one of the 2 classic "He-Man" figures I have, and judging by the reaction to him on this board, no wonder I was able to get him so cheaply (still carded as well!)
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Detector is way cooler than Vizar. Vizar is just...Meh!
    He is a GI Joe in MOTU for crying out loud. I've never been a big fan of Vizar.
    He has a cool name and a cool helmet but that's about it.

Detector would fit better in Classics than Vizar. He has the MOTU look while Vizar doesn't.
    My feelings exactly.. Though not at the top of my list (by a longshot, lol), I could see myself easily purchasing a Detector MOTUC.

I definitely see the Zodac/Zodak potential in these characters and would gladly add both to my collection. While I understand Vizar (as well as most NA characters) is not topping any fan choice polls, the bottom line is that if Mattel gets ever gets to making a Vizar (and I'm hopeful they will get to everybody), they would be foolish not to release Detector redeco.

I'd take 'em both, but I like Detector way more.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post

As faNAtics might know, Vizar's original concept was titled "Detector" and showed a Caucasian warrior with red cape and slightly altered helmet and armor. This version also was used alot in the European NA comics.

When I look at this guy, I get a 1970s anime feel from him. He looks like he should be teaming up with Ultraman or the Gatchamen (G-Force!). I think it might be cooler to make this figure a heroic Asian character, instead of a Caucasian one.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; July 1, 2010 at 11:14pm.

I'd personally go for Vizar over Detector, he may not have the MOTU-ish look but I always just quite liked the character.

They should definitely release Karatti and his original design of Crystoll as two separate characters though. Karatti is one of my favorite (criminally underused) villains in the NA cartoon and Crystoll had an awesome design.

Nocturna's original design was also substantially different from the toy, I'm not sure if he had a different name initially.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Where might I find an image of Crystoll?
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Where might I find an image of Crystoll?

I'd love to get both Vizar and Detector, in fact Vizar is my thrid most wanted GG after Darius and Kayo.

Here's a few more shots of Detector:

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    It would be cool to get both of them in the line

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Detector looks really cool! I wouldn't mind a figure of him - I think I prefer his look to Vizar's. I wonder if he's on Mattel's radar at all?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Detector is okay, but rather bland. Much prefer Vizar to Detector. Plus, we need more black characters in MOTU to help diversify the human characters

I seriously doubt Mattel will release both. I prefer Detector over Visar. Visar is way to GI Joe looking for me. Perhaps we can convince Scott to make an official vote when it comes time to make this figure.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Snappy Threader
    Both would be cool. Vizar has always been one of my favorite NA guys....

I wanna have both 200%
    and yes Detector should be an own Charackter

and in the german Bastai and ehapa comic he had an own story alternative to vizar.

You can see Detector in Green here:

(ther is Hydron in yellow (xD) and yes Darius rule )

EDIT:

Guy i read the comics again and i realised!

Detector is a prototyp for Vizar and is in the Ehapa comic mistaken called Nocturna and in Bastai vizar.

If you guys wanted i can translate teh comics in English and change the name to Detector and set them online.
    Last edited by ˛He-Ro; April 25, 2013 at 01:14pm.
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro˛ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for Vizar in MOTUC. That soldier will make a fine addition in this universal war against evil.

Detector needs to go find some pants. What-- does he think he's on Eternia or something?

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Camoflauge has no place in MOTU. God the NA designs look like some kind of bootleg knockoffs of militaristic space toys, like a mixture of The Corps figures you see in Job Lots and some kind of anemic Stargate clone.
    I don't know about that, after all there's Moss Man - the Heroic Master of Camouflage!

Vizar looks a lot like a space marine from Aliens, which is actually very fitting for the outer space theme of New Adventures. Sure, it's not very "sword and sorcery", but then neither is Icarius, or Optikk. Or even NA He-Man himself. Their Classics figures turned out great.

His design has potential, all it needs is a little bit of tweaking, and it could be very cool. Vizar would make a good rival for the Predator-esque Karatti!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I don't know about that, after all there's Moss Man - the Heroic Master of Camouflage!

Vizar looks a lot like a space marine from Aliens, which is actually very fitting for the outer space theme of New Adventures. Sure, it's not very "sword and sorcery", but then neither is Icarius, or Optikk. Or even NA He-Man himself. Their Classics figures turned out great.

His design has potential, all it needs is a little bit of tweaking, and it could be very cool. Vizar would make a good rival for the Predator-esque Karatti!
    From your lips to the Four Horsemen's ears, hopefully. I have full faith that they could work their magic to make both Vizar's and Detector's character designs look amazing. They've done it with every other figure in the line, even Dekker, so there's no reason why they couldn't with these two.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Vizar in the Detector design clearly fits into MOtUC better than regular Vizar.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52