Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vizar & Detector - the next Zodac & Zodak?

I think that's a wonderful idea...if we ever were to get the choice. at this point the best we can hope for is that they do all of the classic vintage NA stuff (ignoring variants like 2 tall hoove, ect)

But should they? yes, definately. As Toyguru always said, anything to validate as many new characters as possible.

I hope it gets a chance to happen.

And all this from someone (me) who has absolutely no specific interest in most of the Galactic Protectors. I just want this line to be all it can be.

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I too, think its a good idea. When they finally make him.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Detector is okay, but rather bland. Much prefer Vizar to Detector. Plus, we need more black characters in MOTU to help diversify the human characters
    Vizar looks cooler to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Both would be cool. Vizar has always been one of my favorite NA guys....
    Vizar lools like he is ready for action. totally want one
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Vizar should probably be released on his own single-carded (or possibly in a pack or megapack with other remaining vintage NA toyline characters). But Detector could come in a 2-pack with Crystoll. In any case, they are needed for NA's (and therefore also MotUC's) completeness.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Get me a Crita, Sagitar, Darius, the rest (non variant) Space Mutants, and Spinwit, then you can do whatever you like. Would I get both if they did both? Sure, it's a great idea. It's a great idea at the end of a very long, very unlikely comming.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It would actually make the character more appealing to Mattel with all the re-use of parts, but I don't know if they'd feel the demand is there for Vizar to begin with, much less both versions. I'd be glad to get both myself, but I don't know the chances of it actually happening.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    We need to get Vizar. Optikk needs his nemesis.

This one is yet another that is more interesting to me now than when I originally saw him, but he's still not super high on my list. Nonetheless, I think he looks like a good partner for Nocturna, in terms of a spotter and a man on the inside.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    We need to get Vizar. Optikk needs his nemesis.
    These are both true statements. But Not related to each other. :^)

Optikk's nemesis would be Kayo. Vizar would be more closely matched with Karatti, thus the Detector/Crystoll alternate characterization correlation.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    These are both true statements. But Not related to each other. :^)

Optikk's nemesis would be Kayo. Vizar would be more closely matched with Karatti, thus the Detector/Crystoll alternate characterization correlation.
    See I would think Vizar and Optikk both with visual powers would be nemesis, Karatti and Nocturna both martial arts, and Kayo and Hoove both stronger guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Nonetheless, I think he looks like a good partner for Nocturna, in terms of a spotter and a man on the inside.
    That's a fairly appropriate pair-up. They both didn't get any significant screen time or lines until the final few episodes of the show. It's almost like they got recruited and completed training on a similar timeline.

As far as Vizar goes, I think he'd make a great addition to the line. He's one of my favorite heroes of the original NA toyline, right after Tuskador, Artilla, & Flipshot. Like I'll say for most of the NA characters; Let the 4H go nuts. NA doesn't have anywhere near the purists that vintage MOTU has. The 4H can make most of these characters absolutely incredible once taken off the leash.

Vizar is one of those obscure Galactic Guardians that seems to have virtually no character development. Seriously, what's his story? I know nothing about him. It'll be neat to get another black character for a change.

As for his early Detector proposal, I think he's different enough from Vizar that he could be released as a unique character. He's got more of a traditional MOTU vibe that I think fans could appreciate more than the regular GG's.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentzquest View Post
    That's a fairly appropriate pair-up. They both didn't get any significant screen time or lines until the final few episodes of the show. It's almost like they got recruited and completed training on a similar timeline.

As far as Vizar goes, I think he'd make a great addition to the line. He's one of my favorite heroes of the original NA toyline, right after Tuskador, Artilla, & Flipshot. Like I'll say for most of the NA characters; Let the 4H go nuts. NA doesn't have anywhere near the purists that vintage MOTU has. The 4H can make most of these characters absolutely incredible once taken off the leash.
    Yes please let's see the 4H unleashed lol

I bumped up the Nocturna thread and I'm doing the same here. Poor Vizar doesn't seem to have his own support thread (or at least one I couldn't easily find with Tapatalk's weak search features).

Now Vizar at first blush looks like a generic army dude, or even a GIJoe who fell into the wrong bin at the toy factory, but he does being something unique to MOTU. There really isn't anything else like him in the line yet. He could be enhanced by using Vykron's Tank Top gauntlets and boots, and he'd just look cool standing next to the NA heroes.

And yeah, I'll ring the diversity bell again. I think it's important to make an effort there.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Poor Vizar doesn't seem to have his own support thread (or at least one I couldn't easily find with Tapatalk's weak search features).
    Can't believe he didn't have his own thread. I've just created one:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ead.php?269004
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    If I had to choose, I'd definitely go with Detector.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    If I had to choose, I'd definitely go with Detector.
    If I have to choose, I want both of them eventually in the line.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Caos View Post
    If I have to choose, I want both of them eventually in the line.
    Fingers crossed!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

With fewer figures each year (and only one New Adventures figure out of 8 MOTUC figures so far), I'll be happy if Vizar gets made. Detector would be awesome, too, but I see his obscurity as making him more of A Power Con exclusive candidate, even if they have to re-use Vizar's helmet mold to make him (so there's no new tooling).
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Vizar is one of my most wanted remaining New Adventures characters. It'd be nice to have some more diversity in the line. His vision gimmick also goes along well with the line. I could see him teaming with Mekaneck and the Fearless Photog to battle Optikk, Tri-Klops, and Snake Face. See what I mean?

I'm totally IN for any NA we can get! Especially the heroes!
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Never understood the grappling hook included with this guy? There is probably no good reason, just wondering if anyone had any info on that, anyway real reason I wanted to post was so this new weapon x helmet, looks exactly like vizar thought I’d share it. A69508D9-8D77-42B2-974C-4CA3DB30DC80.jpeg

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Never understood the grappling hook included with this guy? There is probably no good reason, just wondering if anyone had any info on that
    I am quite confident that the hook was among the accessories originally thought about when Mattel pondered doing that H.E.M.A.N. line. The one where the figures were supposed to be done in a kind of "special op" soldier-esque style.
    After all, Vizar looks like his design was created by tweaking the figure from Mattel's "He-Man and Grizzler" concept. Detector's/Vizar's hook might have originated from that set, too:

The "bear throwing a large hook weapon" action feature clearly was ultimately used for Hook 'Em Flogg. But before that, the hook itself could have been tweaked into one of Detector's/Vizar's weapons.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; March 27, 2019 at 09:47am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Detector is way cooler than Vizar. Vizar is just...Meh!
    He is a GI Joe in MOTU for crying out loud. I've never been a big fan of Vizar.
    He has a cool name and a cool helmet but that's about it.

Detector would fit better in Classics than Vizar. He has the MOTU look while Vizar doesn't.
    Mr. Bock, long time no see over the boards! I thought I was he only one that always saw Galactic Protectors as Gi Joes, but I've read a couple of posts in this threat with same perception. For me, the real meat of NA is in the Space Mutants, with the exception of Darius and Sagitar. That said, to stay on topic, I would not mind if both versions are released as long as one variant doesn't use a slot instead of an unproduced demanded character.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I am quite confident that the hook was among the accessories originally thought about when Mattel pondered doing that H.E.M.A.N. line. The one where the figures were supposed to be done in a kind of "special op" soldier-esque style.
    After all, Vizar looks like his design was created by tweaking the figure from Mattel's "He-Man and Grizzler" concept. Detector's/Vizar's hook might have originated from that set, too:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps168c092c.jpg

The "bear throwing a large hook weapon" action feature clearly was ultimately used for Hook 'Em Flogg. But before that, the hook itself could have been tweaked into one of Detector's/Vizar's weapons.
    Very good observations that actually makes a lot of sense, and the Hookem flight accessory definitely looks like it came from this illustration. Thank you for that