Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tying NA into MOTUC

Tying NA into MOTUC

I've brought this subject up in the NA forums, and it was suggested that I repost here - thanks Mr. Olesker, Brianatarms and Mr. Treeface for your insight. What are the theories (or any solid info) of how Mattel is going to tie New Adventures more into the MOTUC continuity? At present, fans are pretty much on their own in doing that, as New Adventures was more or less intentionally set up to be a departure from the original in the interest of capturing a new generation of kids.

The theories I had were:

1) He-Ro's home planet is Primus (perhaps making Master Sebrian a descendant), and the Mutants are the descendants of the surviving members of the Horde.

2) THIS ONE WAS RULED OUT...Eternia and Primus are the same planet.

What do you think?

Follow me on my blog as I collect the She-Ra toy line, and talk about other He-Man and entertainment stuff. http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com.

Well it was a thread that was going with all of the tie in stuff. I had said on that thread that I'd like to see Gwildor pop up on the Eternia that we know. He'd be on the run from Skeletor as the movie universe has had a return of their Skeletor as we saw at the end of the movie. Gwildor uses the key to randomly travel to get away and ends up in an familar yet different place.

This would pick up by allowing Gwildor to bring the movie into the Classic's story. In turn due to the key, the NA universe would come into play. That He-Man could then either be a future He-Man carrying the name, or how He-Man dresses when Gwildor takes him to the future.

Anyway you look at it, I'd just use Gwildor to tie everything together. IT's quick and easy, plus it works. He's not at the top of my favorite's list or a lot of others, but I don't mind the usage of the character.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

There was another good thread on this a few weeks ago.

I'd be happy with Gwildor taking He-Man to and from the future (sort of like Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes) - but this doesn't explain the NA power-sword. In this type of scenario I'd scrap the whole story part where Castle Grayskull's power is transfered to the space ship concept.

That said, I'd also be happy with J Man's idea of NA He-Man being a totally different future He-Man distinct from current Prince Adam/He-Man (like Wun-Dar is a past He-Man). I've never liked cyborg-Skeletor but if he is a 1,000 year old far future version as opposed to our current Skeletor time-warped to the future then that could work for me.

At this stage I am keeping an open mind: how the bios work NA into MOTUC will have a major bearing on how I embrace NA characters/storyline. This is a big step forward for me, brought on by the announcement of Optikk, 'cos for the last 20 years I have ignored NA totally and on the rare occassion I have thought about it my blood boiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post

At this stage I am keeping an open mind: how the bios work NA into MOTUC will have a major bearing on how I embrace NA characters/storyline. This is a big step forward for me, brought on by the announcement of Optikk, 'cos for the last 20 years I have ignored NA totally and on the rare occassion I have thought about it my blood boiled.
    Im the same man.Im very eager to see how the Bios handle Optikk.it may decide whether I get him or not.

If I was sure Mattel were going to give us at least 4/5 mutants I would get him and make them a seperate group within MOTU like the Horde or Snakemen.

but we will just have to wait and see I suppose

Blood Boiling

What made my blood boil was simply the fact that Mattel more or less decided to discard almost 10 years of history and characters to do this revamped thing - I understand the whole thing about creating new figures, vehicles, etc. to generate a new revenue stream, but you don't have to discard an entire cast of characters to do it. It's almost like doing a Justice League show, bringing back Superman and Lex Luthor, but then replacing everyone else with brand new, made-up characters - it's not the Justice League anymore.

What would have been a better solution was perhaps use a core of characters - He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Teela, Sorceress, Gwildor/Orko, Battlecat, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Beast Man - give them new but similar designs to justify "re-collecting" (these are iconic characters), and then move forward with the NA concept.

It would have been interesting if NA were the sequel to the live movie with Skeletor using his cosmic key to escape to the future to join up with the Mutants, and He-Man, Gwildor and company having to go after him with their cosmic key. They could have redeemed the movie and gave NA a more solid ground.

It was indeed a tactical error (as many including Jack Olesker himself have said) to not try to include existing MOTU fans in the NA relaunch. I'm a He-Man "inclusionist", so I have this thing about trying to make all the franchises stick together - POP, NA, 2002, The Movie, The Original.

The way I justified the movie and NA all this time was that they were other adventures (episodes/mini series) for He-Man (and the costumes were armor variants, similar to the Snake Armor). The movie probably happened in a short time span, say in the course of a week or two. And with situations being so dire, Adam decided to remain in the He-Man persona for the duration of the conflict. Other characters did not appear because they were engaged in conflicts in other parts of Eternia, or were imprisoned by Skeletor's forces. With NA being a time travel adventure, He-Man could return to Eternia at any time. So, though NA could have taken place over the course of a year or two, He-Man could return to Eternia only seconds after he had left - this justifies his decision to enter the NA conflict (and it's likely that Adam didn't expect to be gone that long).

I'm hoping the MOTUC story makes up for the historic tactical error of making NA feel like it has no connection to the original. I know there are fans of the NA characters out there, but for me, they really didn't seem relevant to the MOTU mythos at all, and I think that's a waste of some really cool characters.

Follow me on my blog at http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com. Listen to my He-Man rants, and watch as I expand my new She-Ra figure collection.

Sorry for my almost non-MOTUC rant in #5. I promise to keep it MOTUC in here as much as possible in the future :0)
    Last edited by mykan; February 7, 2010 at 09:04am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    How about this:

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Hordak forms an alliance with Skeletor, offering the assistance of the Horde in conquering Eternia if Skeletor and his warriors will assist the Horde in returning Etheria to Horde rule by defeating She-Ra and the Great Rebellion.

As the battle for Etheria begins, Teela-Na ascends, joining her predecessors as the Goddess of the Universe, and Teela replaces her as the Sorceress and Guardian of the Secrets of Castle Grayskull, including the identities of He-Man and She-Ra.

In the final battle against the combined forces of Hordak and Skeletor, the defeat of the Great Rebellion appears to be imminent. Distrustful that Hordak will not attempt to conquer Eternia for the Horde after this victory, Skeletor destroys him.

Before Skeletor can be proclaimed leader of the Horde and ruler of Etheria, he is betrayed by Evil-Lyn to He-Man and She-Ra. Longing for the return of Keldor, she reveals the secret of his transformation.

He-Man and She-Ra use the combined power of the Sword of Power and the Sword of Protection to purge the evil from Skeletor and revert him to Keldor. Unable to destroy the disembodied evil—the Ghost of Skeletor—He-Man and She-Ra summon the Elders who banish him to the Frozen Lands.

As penitence, Keldor and Evelyn free the Faceless One from his imprisonment to the confines of the Temple of Zalesia by taking his place, exchanging his freedom for theirs.

Upon returning to Eternia, Adam is named king. He marries Teela, and returns the seat of power of the kingdom to the restored Castle Grayskull. They have a daughter, Kay-La.

Duncan, who died in the conflict, is honored as “a great soldier who died so that Eternia could remain free.” He is succeeded as Man-At-Arms of the Eternian High Command by his brother Fisto.

Adora remains on Etheria to aide the Great Rebellion in defeating the remnants of the Horde lead by Shadow Weaver and her Force Captain, Catra. She marries Sea Hawk, and they have a son, Dare.

To protect him from the machinations of Shadow Weaver, Adora entrusts Dare to the care of her brother on Eternia, far beyond the reach of the Horde. Together, cousins Dare and Kay-La train with their uncle Man-At-Arms to one day bear the Sword of Protection and the Sword of Power respectively.

In the distant future, a group of Marauders from the planet Denebria (formerly Infinita) seeking the means to conquer the planet Primus (formerly Eternia), free the Ghost of Skeletor from the Frozen Lands.

To defend against Skeletor and the Marauders, the Galactic Guardians bring Dare to the future. So begins the Adventures of the New He-Man.
    Last edited by Adam_Prince of Eternia; February 7, 2010 at 06:20pm.

The Next He-Man...hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    How about this:
    Is Dare based upon the He-Ro, Son of He-Man character? I like the idea of NA He-Man being a new He-Man, rather than Adam. It follows the logic of what MOTUC has set up.

Albeit my nostalgia is making it hard for me to move on to a new He-Man that's not Adam. It would be like Connor Kent (Superboy) taking over for Clark...

I'm just not ready

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    Well it was a thread that was going with all of the tie in stuff. I had said on that thread that I'd like to see Gwildor pop up on the Eternia that we know. He'd be on the run from Skeletor as the movie universe has had a return of their Skeletor as we saw at the end of the movie. Gwildor uses the key to randomly travel to get away and ends up in an familar yet different place.

This would pick up by allowing Gwildor to bring the movie into the Classic's story. In turn due to the key, the NA universe would come into play. That He-Man could then either be a future He-Man carrying the name, or how He-Man dresses when Gwildor takes him to the future.

Anyway you look at it, I'd just use Gwildor to tie everything together. IT's quick and easy, plus it works. He's not at the top of my favorite's list or a lot of others, but I don't mind the usage of the character.
    Works for me...

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    I've brought this subject up in the NA forums, and it was suggested that I repost here - thanks Mr. Olesker, Brianatarms and Mr. Treeface for your insight. What are the theories (or any solid info) of how Mattel is going to tie New Adventures more into the MOTUC continuity? At present, fans are pretty much on their own in doing that, as New Adventures was more or less intentionally set up to be a departure from the original in the interest of capturing a new generation of kids.

The theories I had were:

1) He-Ro's home planet is Primus (perhaps making Master Sebrian a descendant), and the Mutants are the descendants of the surviving members of the Horde.

What do you think?
    I'm thinking, how can they use the name Primus, when there's a Transformer that already has that name?
    i mean if they had to change Fisto's name in the 200x line because of a star wars jedi, then no way in hell can they use the name Primus when there's a Transformer out there with that name, in a toyline and comic series.

Sorry, but to me that name belongs to Tf's not motu....i'm sure they could come up with something else for a name rather than primus or whatever... i do realize that NA was made before TF Cybertron, but apparently Mattel didn't hang on to the copyrights for alot of the names.

Anyway.. i'll wait & see what bio they give Optikk, and then decide if i want the time travel Back to the Future stuff incorporated in my motu mythos...
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Call it Primos then. I don't think it matters when it's not the name of a product being sold though.

Primus is a common name

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    Works for me...

I'm thinking, how can they use the name Primus, when there's a Transformer that already has that name?
    i mean if they had to change Fisto's name in the 200x line because of a star wars jedi, then no way in hell can they use the name Primus when there's a Transformer out there with that name, in a toyline and comic series.

Sorry, but to me that name belongs to Tf's not motu....i'm sure they could come up with something else for a name rather than primus or whatever... i do realize that NA was made before TF Cybertron, but apparently Mattel didn't hang on to the copyrights for alot of the names.

Anyway.. i'll wait & see what bio they give Optikk, and then decide if i want the time travel Back to the Future stuff incorporated in my motu mythos...
    I could be mistaken, but I don't think Hasbro has exclusive rights to the name "Primus". And though it appears in the comics, and the character was featured in the TV series Transformers: Cybertron, I don't see Primus as rooted in TF mythology as Unicron is. Every faction of TF Fans accepts Unicron as the planet eater. But when it comes to Primus, I would say there's still debate - I don't think all TF fans consider Cybertron to be a transforming planet (admittedly I myself do consider Cybertron and TF Primus to be the same).

That being said, when it comes to the term "Primus", I don't think there's any harm in sharing (Star War, Star Trek and even TF share planet names all the time) - especially when TF Primus will make a cameo appearance here and there in the franchise at best, and NA Primus is just a small chapter in the MOTU mythos.

Primus in itself is a fairly common-used term:
    Marvel Comics characters
    Music Band
    Religion
    Babylon 5

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Call it Primos then. I don't think it matters when it's not the name of a product being sold though.
    I wasn't sure how that whole trademark thing works. i guess i thought that if a name was trademarked, then nobody else could use it. i could be wrong though...

I could be mistaken, but I don't think Hasbro has exclusive rights to the name "Primus". And though it appears in the comics, and the character was featured in the TV series Transformers: Cybertron, I don't see Primus as rooted in TF mythology as Unicron is. Every faction of TF Fans accepts Unicron as the planet eater. But when it comes to Primus, I would say there's still debate - I don't think all TF fans consider Cybertron to be a transforming planet (admittedly I myself do consider Cybertron and TF Primus to be the same).

That being said, when it comes to the term "Primus", I don't think there's any harm in sharing (Star War, Star Trek and even TF share planet names all the time) - especially when TF Primus will make a cameo appearance here and there in the franchise at best, and NA Primus is just a small chapter in the MOTU mythos.

Primus in itself is a fairly common-used term:
    Marvel Comics characters
    Music Band
    Religion
    Babylon 5
    cool...thanks for the info....

i, too consider Primus & Cybertron to be one & the same. i do know the concept was thought of as far back as the G1 Series. But they just never got to it I suppose.... they had Unicron as the tf'ing planet, so I guess they didn't think they'd need to have another at that time.

the Cybertron series used the idea, though, and also made a toy (which is on my shelf as we speak), so I'd consider it to be official. plus i love the idea of Cybertron secretly being a transformer that had been in sleep mode for eons & had to be awakened with special keys...
    though he took one hell of a beating from his 'brother' Unicron in the 1986 tf movie. I just wish they could have had an ultimate showdown between the two planet tf'ers. unicron eats, but Primus is more heavilly armed... awesome matchup that'd be.

I too, don't see the harm in sharing a name in several diff medias... i'm sure their respective fans can tell them apart.

I suppose if Hasbro did have exclusive rights to the name Primus (for toy purposes) then Mattel could just go with Primos. works for me....

they did apparently have to change Horde Prime to Horde Supreme (I'm assuming it's the same character), so that might indicate something.....
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Horde Supreme

I wasn't sure how that whole trademark thing works. i guess i thought that if a name was trademarked, then nobody else could use it. i could be wrong though...

cool...thanks for the info....

i, too consider Primus & Cybertron to be one & the same. i do know the concept was thought of as far back as the G1 Series. But they just never got to it I suppose.... they had Unicron as the tf'ing planet, so I guess they didn't think they'd need to have another at that time.

the Cybertron series used the idea, though, and also made a toy (which is on my shelf as we speak), so I'd consider it to be official. plus i love the idea of Cybertron secretly being a transformer that had been in sleep mode for eons & had to be awakened with special keys...
    though he took one hell of a beating from his 'brother' Unicron in the 1986 tf movie. I just wish they could have had an ultimate showdown between the two planet tf'ers. unicron eats, but Primus is more heavilly armed... awesome matchup that'd be.

I too, don't see the harm in sharing a name in several diff medias... i'm sure their respective fans can tell them apart.

I suppose if Hasbro did have exclusive rights to the name Primus (for toy purposes) then Mattel could just go with Primos. works for me....

they did apparently have to change Horde Prime to Horde Supreme (I'm assuming it's the same character), so that might indicate something.....
    I believe they didn't use Horde Prime more because of a Filmation hang-up, rather than a Hasbro hang-up...I'll have to read around for that one.

TF Primus is on my shelf too surrounded by figures from the G1 line, while Unicron is on another shelf surrounded by his original Heralds..you know Galvatron and co. (those Unicron Trilogy shows sucked IMO, and I don't count them, although they did produce some cool figures and advanced TF toy design to another level).

I know we won't know what Matty does until it happens, but the guessing is part of the fun... and it keeps the creative juices flowing. Who knows, they might be reading this stuff just to gauge what direction the fans will approve...

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    uh? i thought the tv series told us primus was eternia in the future

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I believe they didn't use Horde Prime more because of a Filmation hang-up, rather than a Hasbro hang-up...I'll have to read around for that one.

TF Primus is on my shelf too surrounded by figures from the G1 line, while Unicron is on another shelf surrounded by his original Heralds..you know Galvatron and co. (those Unicron Trilogy shows sucked IMO, and I don't count them, although they did produce some cool figures and advanced TF toy design to another level).
    yeah, the only Unicron Trilogy series i've seen is Cybertron... I wouldn't mind seeing the others just for the sake of seeing Unicron with a bigger role than he had in g1... but yes, i agree the G1 series is by far the best tf series of them all despite it's continuity flaws.

the newer tf shows seem a bit too 'japanesed up' for me... but continuity wise i thought they were ok. i'm looking forward to April though when i can finally have a g1-esque Arcee in toy form (from their 'animated' line). then I can consider my G1 collection complete, at long last. until my spike & daniel in exo suits arrive.
    my primus is on my self next to unicron, both in planet modes... next to them are the quintessan judge, alpha trion & Vector Sigma. As well as Predaking. My other g1 stuff is boxed up... no room for it all right now. i have the movie tf on display for now... eventually i'll dig out my G1's & they'll all seem new to me once again.

I agree about the advancement in toy design.... my masterpiece Tf speak for themselves....as do the alternators & classics... but the one that really impressed the hell out of me is the ROTF Buster Prime... one hell of a masterpiece of toy engineering. i can't even imagine how they could possibly improve that toy. compared to the 2007 leader class OP, it's like night & day.
    i also love my Materpiece Megatron...very complex to transform, but truely brilliant toy engineering imo.

you could be right about them not using Horde prime as a name because of Filmation....i would be curious to know why the name was changed. Maybe it's an entirely diff character? to me, any name with 'Supreme' after it sounds like something off a restaurant menu. get me an omega supreme & a horde supreme please. and no i dont want fries with that.

I don't know for sure, but I thought they didn't use the name "Horde Prime" because the character was from Filmation and not owned by Mattel.

I don't know how this will be handled in the Bios, but I am certainly anxious to find out! I for one hope that Mattel doesn't go the route of the Power of Grayskull being moved to the Starship Eternia, but that He-Man simply travels to the future to defend the people of (whatever they call it) from Skeletor. Still, that doesn't seem epic enough for MOTU, unless She-Ra steps in to defend Eternia while he is away. I don't know. It's all very exciting, though!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Respectfully, no and no. They are two entirely different planets.

To see my stealth mode thoughts on what I secretly conspired to pattern Primus after, you might want to read my Primus' Identity to Be Revealed thread in the NA forum (he said, shamelessly trying to get fans to at least look at the NA forum from time to time. ). To get a sense of what I wanted to do if there was a Season Two of NA, check out The New Adventures of He-man 1990 Annual thread from posts 25 on and listen to Masterscast Episode #25.

I'll confess it's a lot of fun to see some burgeoning interest in NA (Thanks, Optikk) lately, even if it includes an occasional "NA sucks!"

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Works for me...

Primus to me, invokes feelings of "My Name is Mud" and "Jerry Was a Race Car Driver" way more than Transformers..

On to my feelings on the topic. NA He-Man has to be Adam of the House of Randor. I accept Grayskull, He-Ro and Wundar as past keepers of the sword of He.. but I think that Prince Adam is the current He-Man.. No reason for a He-Boy quite yet...

I like the cosmic key idea which was discussed at length in the "Cosmic Key Idea and Open Letter to Mattel" by Brianatarms and Jack Olesker.

Primus is not Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    This is a major misconception. I was under the same impression until NA show creator Jack Olesker pointed out the truth in the NA forums - check out the New Adventures Of He-Man 1990 Annual & Possible Season 2 post, entry #21. Mattel wanted to make sure that Primus and Eternia were not confused as the same planet, thus placing Primus in the far-off Tri-Solar Galaxy.

Who knows what Matty's going to do to tie NA in, maybe they will make Primus the future Eternia. They've done other radical but interesting moves:

1. Splitting He-Ro into two characters - He-Ro and Grayskull
    2. Introducing the Sword of He
    3. Making the Sword of Protection a clone of the Sword of He (Power)
    4. Establishing two Zodacs - Zodac and Zodak
    5. Establishing that the Goddess is a totally separate entity from the Sorceress

I like it all so far...I can't wait to see what they do with POP and NA.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    i gotta watch those cartoons, i'ts incredible how it only has 63 votes on imdb!!

Anyway, this review is where i got that idea from:
    Taking place 10,000 years into the future. The planet of Primus(Eternia) is under attack by Floog and his mutants of moon Nordor. In order to stop the attacks, the great minds of Primus built a time machince to find a legend, the power of the good and the way of the magic. Such a being is He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe. He-Man didn't come to the future alone, Skeletor , the evil lord of destruction followed He-Man to the future. So as the story goes on He-Man joined the Galactic Gaurdians, and Skeletor joined the mutants. Thus beginning the New Adventures series. It was a good series, Mattel tried, but it was not a good time. The only thing good about the series was the transformation sequence. later

Supreme - let's give MOTUC NA He-Man 2 swords

yeah, the only Unicron Trilogy series i've seen is Cybertron... I wouldn't mind seeing the others just for the sake of seeing Unicron with a bigger role than he had in g1... but yes, i agree the G1 series is by far the best tf series of them all despite it's continuity flaws.

the newer tf shows seem a bit too 'japanesed up' for me... but continuity wise i thought they were ok. i'm looking forward to April though when i can finally have a g1-esque Arcee in toy form (from their 'animated' line). then I can consider my G1 collection complete, at long last. until my spike & daniel in exo suits arrive.
    my primus is on my self next to unicron, both in planet modes... next to them are the quintessan judge, alpha trion & Vector Sigma. As well as Predaking. My other g1 stuff is boxed up... no room for it all right now. i have the movie tf on display for now... eventually i'll dig out my G1's & they'll all seem new to me once again.

I agree about the advancement in toy design.... my masterpiece Tf speak for themselves....as do the alternators & classics... but the one that really impressed the hell out of me is the ROTF Buster Prime... one hell of a masterpiece of toy engineering. i can't even imagine how they could possibly improve that toy. compared to the 2007 leader class OP, it's like night & day.
    i also love my Materpiece Megatron...very complex to transform, but truely brilliant toy engineering imo.

you could be right about them not using Horde prime as a name because of Filmation....i would be curious to know why the name was changed. Maybe it's an entirely diff character? to me, any name with 'Supreme' after it sounds like something off a restaurant menu. get me an omega supreme & a horde supreme please. and no i dont want fries with that.
    Wow, impressive TF collection from the sound of it - I never got MP Megatron , but I did get the first MP Prime. I'm totally steering clear of the ROTF stuff. From what I read at seibertron.com, there have been sightings of Animated Arcee at Toys R Us in Michigan. My TF movie collection is far from complete. I just got Commemorative Perceptor, and I've got a hand full to go.

The G1 series is the springboard from which everything else has evolved, so I rank it rather highly. I am a big fan of the Best Era shows - thanks to legendary MOTU scribes Larry DiTillio and Bob Forward. I also thought Transformers: Animated was a good show - the story and character development was solid. And the return to the G1 roots (especially with voice actors in some cases) was a definite plus.

And to make this sound like an MOTU thread again, I still think that with NA being based on time travel, He-Man can easily return to Eternia as if he had only been gone for seconds. One thing I do hope Matty does is incorporate some designs into the NA He-Man that tie him more to his roots, and maybe give us multiple accessories like the original sword (to express the MOTUC story tie-in effort) and the NA sword (just to be faithful to the original toy).

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Respectfully, no and no. They are two entirely different planets.

To see my stealth mode thoughts on what I secretly conspired to pattern Primus after, you might want to read my Primus' Identity to Be Revealed thread in the NA forum (he said, shamelessly trying to get fans to at least look at the NA forum from time to time. ). To get a sense of what I wanted to do if there was a Season Two of NA, check out The New Adventures of He-man 1990 Annual thread from posts 25 on and listen to Masterscast Episode #25.

I'll confess it's a lot of fun to see some burgeoning interest in NA (Thanks, Optikk) lately, even if it includes an occasional "NA sucks!"
    NA does not suck, it's just misunderstood I consider it an important chapter in the evolution of the He-Man mythos. The problem with NA, as you and many others have said, is that it's too removed from the original. That is why many fans now look passed it, because they don't know how it relates to the original (they don't know what to do with it), or how Matty is going to logically make it tie in and be relevant to the original.

But you probably already know this.
    Last edited by mykan; February 7, 2010 at 07:26pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Master of New Adventures!
    This is a major misconception. I was under the same impression until NA show creator Jack Olesker pointed out the truth in the NA forums - check out the New Adventures Of He-Man 1990 Annual & Possible Season 2 post, entry #21. Mattel wanted to make sure that Primus and Eternia were not confused as the same planet, thus placing Primus in the far-off Tri-Solar Galaxy.

Who knows what Matty's going to do to tie NA in, maybe they will make Primus the future Eternia. They've done other radical but interesting moves:

1. Splitting He-Ro into two characters - He-Ro and Grayskull
    2. Introducing the Sword of He
    3. Making the Sword of Protection a clone of the Sword of He (Power)
    4. Establishing two Zodacs - Zodac and Zodak
    5. Establishing that the Goddess is a totally separate entity from the Sorceress

I like it all so far...I can't wait to see what they do with POP and NA.
    And that's certainly their right to do that. As a businessman, as well as a creative person, I understand that Mattel needs to do whatever they need to do in order to sell product and if changing Primus in any way helps, then that is what they need to do. As a creative person, as well as a businessman, if it helps He-man and to keep passion going for the franchise, then I welcome their doing whatever they want to do in order to make that happen.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I'd rather not have Eternia be Primus.. Unless of course, He-Man says:

Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally really did it. You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

(dunno if planet of the apes references are too risque for the board)

Quotes are cool

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post

Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally really did it. You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

LOL, I don't think so.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post

I can just see Grayskull lying in ruins on a beach now.