View Poll Results: Which Company Has The Better Evil Armored Genius?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lex Luthor!!!

5 16.67%
  • Doctor Doom!!!

20 66.67%
  • I Like Them Equally!!!

3 10.00%
  • Neither!!!

2 6.67%

Thread: DC VS Marvel Poll #7 (Evil Armored Geniuses)

DC VS Marvel Poll #7 (Evil Armored Geniuses)

In honor of DC Comics' 75th Anniversary this year(and I guess Marvel Comics' 70th Anniversary last year)...

Which Comic Company Has The Better Evil Armored Genius?

Lex Luthor (Alexander Luthor) ?

Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom) ?

I like them equally!!!

I don't think I can choose between them. Not only do I feel they are both the best villains from their respective universes, I love both of their looks.

last poll

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184269
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 11, 2010 at 08:02pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I believe there is a limit to the number of polls that you can start in a week. I like Doom.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Oh,man. Choosing between two villains is unfair. I like Lex Luthor's purple and lime green armor suit ever since I owned the Super Powers version as a kid. Even though he has no super powers (except his genius) he does give Superman a run for his money.

But, once again I got to vote for Marvel's Dr. Doom. He a genius, a sorceror, a ruler of a country and arrogantly evil. Anything this guy sets his mind to do, he does it. He's stolen the Beyonder's power to become omnipotent in the Secret Wars. He's taken on Mephisto the soul taking demon. Every good guy in the Marvel Universe knows Doom's the king of the hill when it comes to supervillains. Plus his name is Victor Von Doom. Is there anything else he could be but a villain?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I believe there is a limit to the number of polls that you can start in a week. I like Doom.
    I just checked and I didn't see any limit listed in the FAQs. If there is, I'm sure a mod will either let me know or just close my threads.

I don't start a new poll until the previous one has its number of votes in double digits at least. It's not madatory for you to participate. If no one had voted, I wouldn't have made a second one.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Doom in this comparison, technically equal I am just not a fan of armored Luthor.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Doom in this comparison, technically equal I am just not a fan of armored Luthor.
    I shouldn't have included "Armored" in the title of the thread then. I was just trying to find equal representatives from both universes. I was originally going to use Thanos in a poll, but I couldn't decide if Mongul or Darkseid was his DC equivalent. I felt Luthor's intelligence made him the closest match for Doom in the DCU and just included the armor since it gave them a more similar look than Luthor's usual costumes (business suit, scientist lab gear, purple shirt).
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 7, 2010 at 10:43pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I was originally going to use Thanos in a poll, but I couldn't decide if Mongul or Darkseid was his DC equivalent.
    I think it's Darkseid. Both seek to end the universe. Only Darkseid, to my limited DC knowledge, wants to recreate it again in his image whereas Thanos just wants to destroy it as a token of his dedication for his object of affection, Death.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Isn't thanos the authors Marvel version of Darkseid ? (Jim Starlin)
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I think it's Darkseid. Both seek to end the universe. Only Darkseid, to my limited DC knowledge, wants to recreate it again in his image whereas Thanos just wants to destroy it as a token of his dedication for his object of affection, Death.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Isn't thanos the authors Marvel version of Darkseid ? (Jim Starlin)
    I was going to use Darkseid, but I just felt he might be considered too powerful to be included in Thanos' league(at least without his Infinity Gauntlet).

The funny thing about Mogul is that he was created by Starlin(Thanos's creator) as DC's version of Thanos. Thanos was already Marvel's version of Darkseid. Mongul is sort of a copy of a copy.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I was going to use Darkseid, but I just felt he might be considered too powerful to be included in Thanos' league(at least without his Infinity Gauntlet).
    Well, these polls aren't who would win in a fight but which one a person likes better. I mean you do have Spider-Man versus Superman in a previous poll and as much as I prefer Spider-Man I'm afraid Superman is too powerful for him. But I think Thanos is the equivalent of Darkseid powerwise even without the Infinity Gauntlet. He had to steal the gems for the glove from a different Elder of the Universe who are no push overs. Plus Thanos is a personal favorite of Death who afforded him special powers (like not being able to die).

Well, these polls aren't who would win in a fight but which one a person likes better. I mean you do have Spider-Man versus Superman in a previous poll and as much as I prefer Spider-Man I'm afraid Superman is too powerful for him.
    The only reason I had Spidey & Supes together was because the topic was "mascots" and they are(or at least used to be) the most popular & well known characters from their respective universes. For the rest of the polls, I'm trying to find the character in the one universe's mirror image from the other universe(or at least as close as possible) in terms of looks, origins, and powers. If Darkseid, as I originally thought, was more powerful than Thanos, then Thanos might be closer in similarity with Mongul. The problem is all 3 of them are quite similar.

I know I'm overthinking this, but super heroes are important business.

Plus Thanos is a personal favorite of Death who afforded him special powers (like not being able to die).
    I could be wrong since I don't follow Marvel much anymore, but I believe Thanos is currently dead(although so is Darkseid and the original Mongul for that matter). I told you all 3 of them have a lot in common.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 8, 2010 at 12:13am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

I just checked and I didn't see any limit listed in the FAQs. If there is, I'm sure a mod will either let me know or just close my threads.

I don't start a new poll until the previous one has its number of votes in double digits at least. It's not madatory for you to participate. If no one had voted, I wouldn't have made a second one.
    I know there used to be one not long ago that limited it to one poll a week per member. Maybe, they recently got rid of it. There were issues with a few members starting a lot of threads each week.

I could be wrong since I don't follow Marvel much anymore, but I believe Thanos is currently dead
    I too am not up to date on the Marvel Universe. But I can tell you that Thanos did die at least once and was returned to life by Death because of his love for her. I think she would continue to do so if he should die again. They make a good couple.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Lex is the thinking man's viallain same can be said for Doom. However Lex gets pretty grimey now and again and that makes for a great villain.
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I know there used to be one not long ago that limited it to one poll a week per member. Maybe, they recently got rid of it. There were issues with a few members starting a lot of threads each week.
    I'll probably cool it for a little while then just in case.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Doom is my favorite. He's probably my favorite villian in the Marvel Universe.

I chose niether, because I never really cared for either of them, or their storylines.

I've heard Black Adam compared to Doom before, though not sure how accurate that is. Probably just because both were dictators. Lex also in many ways reminds me of King Pin.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    I've heard Black Adam compared to Doom before, though not sure how accurate that is. Probably just because both were dictators. Lex also in many ways reminds me of King Pin.
    Black Adam is probably closer to Namor The Sub-Mariner in look, powers, and sovereignty.

Lex Luthor used to be more of a mad scientist. While his post-Crisis On Infinite Earths status quo was definitely modeled after the King Pin, Marvel went back and turned the resurrected Norman Osborn into a Lex Luthor clone. Sort of like Marvel ripping off Darkseid with Thanos and DC coming back and ripping off Thanos with Mongul.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Black Adam is probably closer to Namor The Sub-Mariner in look, powers, and sovereignty.

Lex Luthor used to be more of a mad scientist. While his post-Crisis On Infinite Earths status quo was definitely modeled after the King Pin, Marvel went back and turned the resurrected Norman Osborn into a Lex Luthor clone. Sort of like Marvel ripping off Darkseid with Thanos and DC coming back and ripping off Thanos with Mongul.
    Says one comic book company to another, "Well TWO can play at that game!"

Luthor wins for me! He's more interesting to me, although I do like Doom quite a bit, speaking as a DC fan mostly.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!