Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Grayskull International Billing/Shipping Thread

Court Magician

Castle Grayskull International Billing/Shipping Thread

Just a quick question trying to weigh up the various pros and cons of shipping CG out of the US

I'm based in the UK and a kind US Orger has offered to have CG's redirected to his home address for forwarding on to international fans.

The question I've got is this : Off the top of my head the shipping for CG to Europe is $107.00 USD, which at the time people were offering such a redirection service in the hope of getting a cheaper shipping method. However, now we know CG weighs a whacking great 17 Lbs, I'm thinking this $107.00 shipping cost is fairly good and I'm wondering if it's somehow subsidised by the cost of the castle (which went up from a guesstimate of $200.00 to $250.00 and then got slightly shrunk). Realistically via US postal services/couriers etc, is it really possible to ship something weighing 17 Lbs for less than $107.00 USD ? Normally if something is too good to be true, it normally is.....

I am shipping a CG to a friend in the UK and based on the weight and dimensions of the necessary shipping box it will cost around $84.73 via USPS Priority Mail International BEFORE the cost of insurance. It will cost a bit less for other European countries as UK is the most expensive country to ship to in Europe for some reason.

On the other hand, I am also shipping a CG to a friend in Australia and that is going to be somewhere between $400-$800 to ship!!!
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; November 1, 2013 at 05:13pm.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Well, though I have a CG headed my way, in all honesty I have no idea what the measurements are. I don't think anyone does at this point, and by that I mean the dimension of the CG Box and the box these will be shipped in. You'd have to take into account that extra inches would have to be added overall to have these items shipped with suitable packing instead of the brown paper that Scott has said these will be shipped with, and that will also add to the overall weight as well.

Such information would go a long way for folks like yourself and others to calculate what the overall expense would be, but I will say that a few years ago I mailed an item overseas that weighed over 8 pounds, and it cost over $80 to ship back then. Now, with the changes in the U.S. Postal structure as it pertains to the services they offer and with Castle Grayskull weighing 17 pounds, I don't think it can be mailed for less than $107 (at least from them). I could be wrong, though.

Regards,
    Victor P.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Well, though I have a CG headed my way, in all honesty I have no idea what the measurements are. I don't think anyone does at this point, and by that I mean the dimension of the CG Box and the box these will be shipped in.

Such information would go a long way for folks like yourself and others to calculate what the overall expense would be, but I will say that a few years ago I mailed an item overseas that weighed over 8 pounds, and it cost over $80 to ship back then. Now, with the changes in the U.S. Postal structure as it pertains to the services they offer and with Castle Grayskull weighing 17 pounds, I don't think it can be mailed for less than $107 (at least from them).

Regards,
    Victor P.
    This was answered a few weeks ago. The Castle Grayskull box is 22 x 23.5 x 16.5 and weighs 17 pounds. I will be using a 24 x 24 x 18 shipping box. You can go to any shipping carrier website and get the cost with those dimensions.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    This was answered a few weeks ago. The Castle Grayskull box is 22 x 23.5 x 16.5. I will be using a 24 x 24 x 18 shipping box.
    Yeah, I edited my post to add the important point that while these will be shipped with the brown paper protection standard with the regular figures, it'd be important to add some inches all around to pack this item safely and more securely....especially since it's being mailed overseas.

And if I'm not mistaken, you use Stamps.com to mail items, correct? That offers shipping discounts for sure, but not everybody utilizes that service because you'd have to pay a monthly fee. Over the counter, it would certainly be more expensive than that, wouldn't it?

Regards,
    Victor P.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Yeah, I edited my post to add the important point that while these will be shipped with the brown paper protection standard with the regular figures, it'd be important to add some inches all around to pack this item safely and more securely....especially since it's being mailed overseas.

And if I'm not mistaken, you use Stamps.com to mail items, correct? That offers shipping discounts for sure, but not everybody utilizes that service because you'd have to pay a monthly fee. Over the counter, it would certainly be more expensive than that, wouldn't it?

Regards,
    Victor P.
    Yes, I use Stamps.com as well as the USPS website which makes it roughly $85. Over the counter would make it roughly $95-$97 so you do get a discount when purchasing shipping online through stamps.com, usps, paypal, ebay, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a 24 x 24 x 18 shipping box is the exact largest size box that can be shipped via USPS Priority International for countries that allow the Length + Girth to be 108 inches. IF the country only allows Length + Girth to equal 79 inches (like Australia and some South American countries) then you can't ship via USPS Priority Mail and it will cost A LOT more to ship USPS Express, UPS, FedEx, or DHL.

Yeah, I just checked and put 18 pounds as the overall weight. It came out to $94.95 using the UK as an example as it does vary by location. Surprising to be honest, but great for those folks abroad .

*EDIT* It's also important to note that not all Postal Facilities offer the Global Express Guaranteed Service. My local Post Office does not, and the nearest facility that does offer it is about 5 miles away, so time and resources would also have to be considered for those wishing to mail CG overseas.

Regards,
    Victor P.
    Last edited by Shecky; November 1, 2013 at 05:37pm.

Yeah, for countries that have the 108" Length + Girth it should be less than $100. But for the countries that have the 79" Length + Girth it will cost a whole lot more to ship unless you bought through Matty because they get huge discounts on shipping.

Yes, I use Stamps.com as well as the USPS website which makes it roughly $85. Over the counter would make it roughly $95-$97 so you do get a discount when purchasing shipping online through stamps.com, usps, paypal, ebay, etc.
    Yeah, that discount has really become significant I have found. There was always some discount, but I never found it enough to make the decision either way - I just shipped whatever way was easiest for me (if I had ink and such on hand or not was also a factor LOL). I haven't done a ton of shipping for awhile, and recently I have been shipping left and right - particularly internationally - and the discount is really noticeable now. I know with eBay/etc it's usually like 10%.

As crap as Digital River is, the international shipping price is actually really good. Their switch from UPS to DHL has added even more value and speed to deliveries, at least to Australia. Only Amazon really beats them by way of shipping price (although DHL is quicker).

Maybe it's different when it goes to the UK.

I am shipping a CG to a friend in the UK and based on the weight and dimensions of the necessary shipping box it will cost around $84.73 via USPS Priority Mail International BEFORE the cost of insurance. It will cost a bit less for other European countries as UK is the most expensive country to ship to in Europe for some reason.
    Wow, that's INCREDIBLY cheap. Are you in the US>

I just sent two small Star Wars 3.75" action figure sets (that were like 9"x4"x1.5" each) in a small box and it was $44 to the UK via the same ship method.

I would have figured it was a few hundred bucks to ship something many times larger and way heavier (the two small sets were and packaging was like 1.5LBS).

Yes I am in the US.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Really? I plugged those measurements into www.usps.com and I get Post Office price of $306.55 or Online Price $269.76 for shipping to the UK.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but i ordered my castle during the initial pre-order period and insured and tracked shipping was $94.30.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post

On the other hand, I am also shipping a CG to a friend in Australia and that is going to be somewhere between $400-$800 to ship!!!
    Really? I plugged those measurements into www.usps.com and I get Post Office price of $306.55 or Online Price $269.76 for shipping to the UK.
    You are looking at the incorrect shipping method. You are looking at Global Express Guaranteed/Priority Mail EXPRESS prices. Be sure to click on the Priority Mail International tab below that to get the correct pricing.

Here is a photo of the way it should look for a 24x24x18 box weighing roughly 17 pounds. Priority Mail will cost $92.10 (or $84.83 online) from my location in the US to the UK. However, if you ship using Global Express Guaranteed it will be $339.75 (or $298.98 online). Hope this helps.

CG shipping to UK.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And here is the same info for shipping from US to Australia. The only difference is that you can't ship via USPS Priority Mail due to Length + Girth dimensions being above 79", so you have to ship Global Express Guaranteed.

CG shipping to Australia.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone ever needs help figuring out the cost of shipping just send me a PM. I ship numerous items all over the world each year.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; April 28, 2014 at 01:04pm.

Castle Grayskull Shipping Overcharge for International Customers

Greetings all,

Just a heads up for international customers who ordered Castle Grayskull, keep an eye on your credit card statement. I and some other users on the board here have been charged a higher amount than what we were invoiced for, and we weren't notified by Mattycollector or Digital River before hand to authorize the higher amount. When I called in to Matty about it, they said they couldn't adjust the charge, and also wouldn't refund the difference. They said they would pay me back the difference only after the Castle arrived, but wouldn't give me anything in writing, which you all know means they're not legally required to refund the extra amount they've charged.

When I tried to cancel the order, they wouldn't do that either. So we have a situation where they're charging more than what was authorized without permission, and if you catch it, they won't let you cancel the order and stop them from taking the higher amount. Someone here also told me they were charged LESS than their original invoice. That might seem like a lucky break, but you should know that some are being charged more, and all the examples we can find on here of inaccurate billings will help those who got overcharged. Please keep an eye on your credit card statement and post here if you've been charged more or even less than you were supposed to.

Cheers,
    Miro
    Last edited by King Miro; November 23, 2013 at 09:57am. Reason: grammar matters! :)

Court Magician
    Hmmm the current blocked amount on my cc is about 40 dollars higher than the total cost it showed on my order originally and that allready was 92 dollars shipping cost. I will wait and see how much they actually charge when it is shipped ... but 40 dollars extra seems much ... especially since I read on this forum somewhere that shipping to europe should be around 80 dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

Mmm I just realise that customs payments for DHL allways appear the next month instead of the month that I have paid so that difference might be because of that since I paid customs this month. (I just can see the blocked amount, no details) So ignore my post, I will wait to see the cost when they ship

They said they'd issue me a refund in the next 5-7 business days
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I received a new e-mail from Mattycollector saying my order may be cancelled. I think it's a bit silly that they received my cancellation request, and respond with a "maybe." I realize there's an issue if the item was already on a truck ready for shipment, but this seems more like a case of poor communication within the company; the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing (which we've heard examples of for years on this very message board), and they're admitting it in writing.

But it's still just a 1st world problem. Not complaining and not upset, just sharing my experience with others who are in the same boat so they know what to expect. Might be impossible to believe for someone who gets upset at these kinds of things, but yes, it is possible to let it just roll off your back.

wow.. that's not cool.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

You are looking at the incorrect shipping method. You are looking at Global Express Guaranteed/Priority Mail EXPRESS prices. Be sure to click on the Priority Mail International tab below that to get the correct pricing.

Here is a photo of the way it should look for a 24x24x18 box weighing roughly 17 pounds. Priority Mail will cost $92.10 (or $84.83 online) from my location in the US to the UK. However, if you ship using Global Express Guaranteed it will be $339.75 (or $298.98 online). Hope this helps.

CG shipping to UK.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And here is the same info for shipping from US to Australia. The only difference is that you can't ship via USPS Priority Mail due to Length + Girth dimensions being above 79", so you have to ship Global Express Guaranteed.

CG shipping to Australia.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone ever needs help figuring out the cost of shipping just send me a PM. I ship hundreds of items all over the world each year and have become sort of an expert at it. lol.

Thanks for pointing that out man. What poor site design, that Priority Mail International drop down bar is so easy to miss, it should be expanded by default IMO.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

International Grayskulls. Billed/shipped?

So the standard thread has some US based customers being billed and receiving their shipping notices, here I want to keep track of any orders outside the Continental US. that way we can see if they ARE prioritizing US orders and we can keep track of ours without it getting lost in the standard thread as many users aren't posting their location.

I am in Canada and so far I haven't received a shipping notice and the money for the pre-auth has been returned to my card. my status is Order in Process and that according to Scott is a good sign.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I am in Australia. My order has been "In Process" for weeks.

Will update - if it ever changes.

So for it has been all US based customers receiving shipping orders, IMO they did it backwards one of the castles I ordered was supposed to a Christmas gift and now I`m fearful it won`t be here by then I think international should have shipped first due to longer shipping times so if we did order for gifts we could receive them as opposed to most US customers who will receive theirs in a few days and be guaranteed to give their gifts on X mas morning

I'm in Argentina... I should consider myself lucky if I get CG by February 2014
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread