Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Strong-Or (Strong Arm) Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Strong-Or (Strong Arm) Video Review by Pixel Dan

The final Club Filmation figure: Strong Arm!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Sweet! I love him already!

More new tooling than I thought as well.....

I just realized, the Club Filmation assortment is almost entirely made up of bad guys!

Thanks PD!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    3 reviews in one day!!!! Very cool and enjoyable Cannot wait for the rest of what we have coming in 2013!!!!!!

Thanks for the great reviews Dan!

I think i like Nepthu more...
    That head is so random...they did a great job taking it from Filmation just not enough detail for me.

Heroic Warrior
    yes, great line up; so I guess we're owed FILMATION good guys to match?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Sweet! I love him already!

More new tooling than I thought as well.....

I just realized, the Club Filmation assortment is almost entirely made up of bad guys!

Thanks PD!

My favorite filmation character!! At last....

Nice review Dan, and I agree with you on his looks and on that terrible yellow glove. Still it's not that bad of a figure overall, but again not that great either...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Nice figure and I'll be keeping him for sure. Of the 3 new reviews he's the one that I find can't help but find a bit bland and somewhat dull.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Really looking forward to this figure. The line is really starting to feel more rich & near completion with characters like him from filmation making it into the line.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Nice review Dan! As always, thanks for all you do for this community. I love watching your reviews. Can't wait to add Strong-Arm to my collection.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    I was never too much a fan of Strongarm's design, but I must say he was well translated into action figure form ! Plus, he has no problems with his articulations or accessories, so it's a figure that I'll purchase !

Man this Filmation sub is so awesome! I love everyone in it. I can't wait to complete it!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post
    Man this Filmation sub is so awesome! I love everyone in it. I can't wait to complete it!
    I don't want it completed! I want it to go on forever! I want to get to my figure of the Third Generic Villager on the Left, dang it!
    Really, I hope there is another such sub next year, as well. There are just too man Filmation characters we still need (Kittrina!!!!!!) and too few slots likely available in the regular sub. Even though I'm a little underwhelmed by Plundor and Nepthu, I'm still getting them along with all the other MOTUC figures. Let's face it, even a so-so MOTUC figure is still worth having, and some of us have waited decades for guys like Strongarm or Icer (or Kittrina!!!!!!!), and others for Plundor and even Nepthu, so I would truly like to see it get another year to run.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    I still can't believe they didn't use the name "Armstrong" as his real name on the bio. Lol. But with that said, he looks great, like he stepped out of the cartoon without coming out too toony.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I don't want it completed! I want it to go on forever! I want to get to my figure of the Third Generic Villager on the Left, dang it!
    Really, I hope there is another such sub next year, as well. There are just too man Filmation characters we still need (Kittrina!!!!!!) and too few slots likely available in the regular sub. Even though I'm a little underwhelmed by Plundor and Nepthu, I'm still getting them along with all the other MOTUC figures. Let's face it, even a so-so MOTUC figure is still worth having, and some of us have waited decades for guys like Strongarm or Icer (or Kittrina!!!!!!!), and others for Plundor and even Nepthu, so I would truly like to see it get another year to run.
    Right on, Scott! A Filmation sub could go on forever! We need Lizard Man, Lord Masque, Kittrina, Kothos, Negator, and Melaktha! I'm not counting the Robot Knights since I'm sure they'll be next year's army builder. I probably missed some. And that's just the MOTU side of it!

Also, I'm loving that after such a huge October, that November and December are filled with "B" characters/villains. Granted, Nepthu isn't exactly A list either, so toss him into the group. I can't wait to have all of these guys in my collection come Christmas!

Getting back to Strong Arm, love the figure! He looks like he stepped right out of the Filmation cartoon! Also ingenious way to retain his elbow articulation without sacrificing the sculpt or extra arm. Now where's my Lizard Man?!?
    Last edited by DVD; October 3, 2013 at 10:08am.

Chewer of Trollans
    I like this figure so much with the exception of that hideous yellow glove. It looks like he's getting ready to clean toilets.
    I'll have to find a shield or something to mute it.

I tried to open all three new videos but they just went black, went to your home page and there it´s the same…finally on You Tube i could watch them….!

Strong-Ors yellow clove is a weird choice but weirdly enough his weird colors and those pointy ears which make no sense since he suppose to be from Phantos and i don´t recall they had ears like that work for me. Somehow….

Anyway, i like him much more than i thought i would!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Not a figure I'm amazed of, but I have to say, that those characters look better, when standing in their faction.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Definitely a cool looking villain. He's worth a purchase to me...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

WOW! Can't wait for Dec!!!!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Was waiting for comparison time with Fisto and Jitsu!

Heroic Warrior
    A nice addition to the Evil Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I think i like Nepthu more...
    That head is so random...they did a great job taking it from Filmation just not enough detail for me.
    I love how Strong-Or turned out. I kind of wish they would have used Strong-Or's boots on Nepthu...it makes me think Nepthu was just thrown together with whatever parts they could find...Nepthu is worst job of the 4H and design team IMO.

Snappy Threader
    Love the look. I am in MOTU Heaven right now with Plundor, Geldor and Strong Arm. Wanted them all three since I was wee.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Another great review, ans some good points. Garish is a perfect word to describe him, but that's part of what makes him fit so well with MOTU. I recall the very first magazine article I read about the line back in the day, and it brought up the bright color palette in the line even that early on. There is a reason super heroes traditionally have worn bright, eye catching colors: bright colors appeal to kids, the brighter and more varied the better. Look at the first 8 figures, and you've got a virtual spectrum among them. Strong Arm is right at home in that Eternian rainbow. Several folks have mentioned that, of all the Filmation figures made to date, he is the one that most looks like he would have had a vintage figure, and I agree. He is immensely toyetic, and you can just see him with the old Big Jim Torpedo Fist action of his big fist popping outward at his enemies. Seeing him standing there with the other Filmation evil warriors made me realize just how well Filmation got the property and what made it work; they all look perfectly at home standing around Skeletor. These guys never got figures, but the would have fit right in if they had.

So glad he's finally getting his due in plastic...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman