Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Strobo discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Although he uses much part recycling, I get a strong MOTU vibe from him. Cool figure...

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    It's probably been mentioned before, but do you think they need to do something to make it look less like his "strobos" are on display?

MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    It's probably been mentioned before, but do you think they need to do something to make it look less like his "strobos" are on display?

http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...tuc-strobo.jpg
    LOL, Should've been silver!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

That's some serious moose knuckle action.

Heroic Warrior
    Strobo: Heroic Master of Teabagging

Regardless of the tiny speedo he is still very visually appealing. I can't wait to get him.

Heroic MOTU Collector! Grayskull_Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    I'd like Strabo... like in 2013 maybe after they've produced such characters as Scare Glow, He-Ro, Icer, Tallstar, the 6-legged NA guy, etc. etc.
    Wow! How prophetic was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull_Power View Post

Wow! How prophetic was this?
    Ha! Geeze, can we get Novelty some sorta accidental prophet metal?
    Last edited by Alexx; February 13, 2013 at 08:12pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Scary. The only thing we don't have is the "6-legged NA guy." Sagitar, of course. If we get him this year though, that would be REALLY funny. Still, that's pretty darn crazy that all those other figures are made before Strobo, like he said...5 years ago!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post

http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...tuc-strobo.jpg
    They actually did fix this, as you've probably seen, but what I've noticed after Scott broke Icer is that the legs of these prototypes are static and have a one piece or one piece after gluing crotch and thigh assembly unlike the final figures, therefore the wide under piece that look like little strobos, won't be there anyway.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Although he uses much part recycling, I get a strong MOTU vibe from him. Cool figure...
    Actually, the recycling is exactly WHY he has such a strong MOTU feel to him. That's the core of the line, then and now.

I was wondering what was going on his chest, and the reflective disk seems to be what the original had in mind (since he looked to have a straight re-use of the Sy-Klone torso in his one magazine appearance, I never thought he was intended to have a light-up feature, cool as that would have been).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Am I the only one who thinks the guy looks like he has some gross, HUGE, growth sticking out of his chest?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Kinda, but his Anwat Gar tech has a slightly different color around it, making it look less so.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the guy looks like he has some gross, HUGE, growth sticking out of his chest?
    I can see that, but it's no worse than the details inside Trap Jaw's mangled mandible or Cy-Chop's innards showing through his clear torso. A lot of the MOTU characters are somewhat horrific if you think about them in a realistic context...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    This seemed more noticeable to me as well.I can't imagine it would be any different than sy-clones.I think It's because he has a bare chest.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I can see that, but it's no worse than the details inside Trap Jaw's mangled mandible or Cy-Chop's innards showing through his clear torso. A lot of the MOTU characters are somewhat horrific if you think about them in a realistic context...
    Oh so true sir. The majority of the villains would be terrifying if done as direct translations into a movie. Skeletor and Beastman used to make me hide under the covers when they came on screen in the film. I Couldn't imagine sitting there and seeing a realistic Leech or Mantenna marching around.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Oh so true sir. The majority of the villains would be terrifying if done as direct translations into a movie. Skeletor and Beastman used to make me hide under the covers when they came on screen in the film. I Couldn't imagine sitting there and seeing a realistic Leech or Mantenna marching around.
    Terrifying, yes. But also extremely cool!!

Heck, take the Horsemen's Mantennae, which we just saw at Toy Fair, and translate him verbatim onto film. You've got the scariest thing on the screen since Alien!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Has there been any update on Stobo's gun appearing in a weapons pack?
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

MOTUC Strobo and A Salute to a Special Member

Not so long ago, my long-term girlfriend suddenly and abruptly broke up with me and has not spoken to me since. Needless to say, I was devastated. To take my mind off it, I started a thread, a countdown/review/pictorial thread. Numerous people, to my delight, enjoyed this thread. A lot of work went in to it and I will likely do another one in about a year.

Now, fast-forward to the early-access sale day of Strobo. Like many, I missed the figure. I was pretty bummed. I thought I'd just have to wait until Powercon and hopefully have a trusted member here to pick me up one.

However, an unlikely member offered me a Strobo and I just received it today. I am quite happy about this.

The member didn't have to do this, but he did. I appreciate the notion, the thoughtfulness, and the appreciation for something I did for personal healing and for everyone else here to hopefully enjoy.

There are some good people here, outside of the clique(s) and those just here to cause trouble. He is clearly one of them, and reminds me that there are good-willing people in the world, in general, as he did this out of the kindness of his heart.

Thank you, Romadon. Much appreciated, good man.
    Last edited by RockinHard; May 13, 2014 at 11:37pm.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Very cool and well deserved! Congrats and that was awesome of you Romadon.

Thats awesome man!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Has there been any update on Stobo's gun appearing in a weapons pack?
    I very much hope so. i am really enjoying my Strobo figure but he is in dire need of that gun.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Not so long ago, my long-term girlfriend suddenly and abruptly broke up with me and has not spoken to me since. Needless to say, I was devastated. To take my mind off it, I started a thread, a countdown/review/pictorial thread. Numerous people, to my delight, enjoyed this thread. A lot of work went in to it and I will likely do another one in about a year.

Now, fast-forward to the early-access sale day of Strobo. Like many, I missed the figure. I was pretty bummed. I thought I'd just have to wait until Powercon and hopefully have a trusted member here to pick me up one.

However, an unlikely member offered me a Strobo and I just received it today. I am quite happy about this.

The member didn't have to do this, but he did. I appreciate the notion, the thoughtfulness, and the appreciation for something I did for personal healing and for everyone else here to hopefully enjoy.

There are some good people here, outside of the clique(s) and those just here to cause trouble. He is clearly one of them, and reminds me that there are good-willing people in the world, in general, as he did this out of the kindness of his heart.

Thank you, Romadon. Much appreciated, good man.

Collection shot with Strobo:

http://i46.tinypic.com/34smio4.jpg
    That was indeed an extremely cool thing for Romadon to do. And I love the way you have figures displayed. But I think you're gonna need another case when the 2014 sub more than likely goes through.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    That was indeed an extremely cool thing for Romadon to do. And I love the way you have figures displayed. But I think you're gonna need another case when the 2014 sub more than likely goes through.
    2014? I don't know what I'm going to do when Grayskull comes!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    2014? I don't know what I'm going to do when Grayskull comes!

No kidding. Even shrunken down that sucker's still a beast.
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; March 26, 2013 at 09:18pm.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!