Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ZODAX in MOTUC

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

ZODAX in MOTUC

Zodac has been set in the past with King Grayskull. Zodak is the present enforcer. We can introduce a new character called Zodax and he can be the future enforcer, set in the NA future.

This is the "alien zodac" version from the sketches of 200X series.

Green skin, robotic legs...

What do you think?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    As far as I'm concerned the more cosmic enforcers the better. I've already done a mockup of what "Zodax" might look like.

I don't think he looks too bad all buffed up either. If they made him this way he'd require very little new tooling. He just needs a new head, belt, and hands (that would double as Tung Lashors).
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Awesome, awesome awesome. But, help me out...was this actually used anywhere, or is it pure concept sketch? At any rate, I don't see Matty giving us lots of variations on the limb size, which is a shame, because it'd be nice to see some variety in dimensions (a short, wide Ram man, for instance).

I'd be fine with both. A group of enforcers would be neat. Sort of like the Green Lanterns of MOTU.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Works for me! I wouldn't even mind him with the standard MOTU body like Battle Brak showed.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    this is kinda being covered in the polls section:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ighlight=zodax

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Awesome, awesome awesome. But, help me out...was this actually used anywhere, or is it pure concept sketch? At any rate, I don't see Matty giving us lots of variations on the limb size, which is a shame, because it'd be nice to see some variety in dimensions (a short, wide Ram man, for instance).
    if i remember correctly this was the zodak we were going to get, but it was reworked into the one some of us know and love when either mattel or MYP asked for a little ethnic diversity in the cast. so alien zodak was scrapped and we got black zodak instead.

i'd love to see "zodax" or whatever they end up calling him. i love the design. the mock-up that battle_brak did is pretty good, but i think if the 4H can do slimmer arms for mantenna that fit well with that, it may look even better. a slimmer torso could look good as well, but the trap-jaw legs might be a little too bulky for it to work.

Brilliant concept, Battle Brak! I kind of hope he gets more armor to cover the torso, but that's really a great conceptualization.

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Awesome, awesome awesome. But, help me out...was this actually used anywhere, or is it pure concept sketch?
    I think he appeared in silhouette in the MVC comic along with other Cosmic Enforcers. Also there was a member of the Council of Wisdom (with He-Ro and Eldor) that featured a character of the same species appearing in issue 6 of Vol 3. Mattel can ignore it not, although if they used Wundar...

Heroic Warrior
    I like the idea but prefer the name Zodaq just for the sake of continuity.

Actually, I kinda like the idea of Zodaa, Zodab, Zodac and so on, all the way to Zodaz. It's just that Zodac and Zodak are the only 2 we've been introduced to so far.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    when did zodac and zodak get spilt in the story i just thought the toys were a added fan bonus
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    I've already done a mockup of what "Zodax" might look like.
    I love your mockup and the idea of reussing the Tung Lashor hands is great.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    when did zodac and zodak get spilt in the story i just thought the toys were a added fan bonus
    I'd say they were officially two characters when Zodak was announced at SDCC in 2009--but perhaps it was more solid when they gave him his own "real" name and different bio from Zodac. I don't think any figure so far has been just a "fan bonus." Mo-Larr might be the first though.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    completely down with this thread.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I wouldn't mind if another Cosmic Enforcer is made but how about changing the color scheme a bit. How about black skin? There are a lot of MOTU characters with green skin already. The only one with black skin that I can think of off hand is Stinkor. The "future" is usually portrayed as a colder place so what better way than to have a black-skinned Cosmic Enforcer with silver armor (technology symbolism. I like Battle Brak's color scheme for the lower half of the mock up except how about some blood red inserts on the thigh pads. The Chest armor would be silver and the markings on the armor would also be blood red. The gloves silver and the helmet would be silver with blood red higlights. Just my thoughts on the subject.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Why stay with red. Lets mix it up with a dark blue outfit or black. Also, I thought it'd be cool to have a female enforcer.

Give me Zopdax!!!

I love that mock-up, Battle Brak! I wasn't sure about seeing him bulked up, but it could work! I really hope to see this character included in MOTUC. I also like the idea of a female enforcer. Toss me a Strobo as well and I'm a happy camper!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Hell, I'd buy him. Keep him in red though, please. Where did you find the original sketch from? I thought the Horsemen didn't do sketches.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

I want one!

Nice work on that pic BB

Heroic Warrior
    I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to get him for MOTUC; especially if he keeps his E.T. like arms. I'd also prefer him green to go with with his "little green man" alien look. While you can mix up the design a little, I feel all of the "Enforcers" should keep their armor red & white(sort of like the various designs but always green uniforms of the Green Lanterns).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i would by that figure if they made it.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Zodaq - I like that spelling better, as it ends with a hard 'k' sound, making all three names exactly the same when pronounced... X denotes a "ks" sound, like plural Zodacs.

As for the proposed figure, if Mattel cut every corner, gave us nothing but the basic repainted body with new hands and colors... I'd still be elated! The Cosmic Enforcers are a great concept, and the 4H Zodaq was a good idea to rejuvinate a boring, forgettable vintage character (Zodak was an equally good retake, btb).

Bring him on. I probably wouldn't buy more Zodaces after that, but the three major iterations of Big Z would totally make my shelf!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Yeah, i'd love to have the 4hm designed alien Zodak in toy form.... name it whatever you want... I'd just like to have that design in figure form on my shelf.

the mock up works for me.... if & when we get a tung lashor (for the hands), we could just make our own.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    I'd be fine with both. A group of enforcers would be neat. Sort of like the Green Lanterns of MOTU.
    As a huge GL fan, that concept has great appeal for me.

I'm as anxious to get the originals re-done as anyone, but I really think the line needs concepts like this to keep it fresh and interesting. I seem to be harping on the subject today, but this is why the line really needs the bonus figures to be something other than big gun variants; something like this would raise some ruckus as a regular monthly figure, but as a second figure of the month, it could have worked well.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Maybe the 4H had this idea in 200X already...

How do I manage it to show you pics like above that everybody can see it and no-one needs to click on the hyperlink?
    Attached Images Attached Images