Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel: Eliminate 10 Max Quantity!

Mattel: Eliminate 10 Max Quantity!

This has to stop! Some guy on eBay just sold 10 Flocked Ear Moss Mans for $70 a pop.

Mattel: STOP promoting and encouraging scalping! Eliminate the 10 max quantity for MOTUC figures.

Amen!!! If they want to help the over seas purchase price for those who buy in groups to save on shipping, they should only allow the ten limit for over seas purchase!! MATTEL!!! YOU'RE ABOUT TO HAVE YOUR AXE HANDED TO YOU!!!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I agree. No offense to my overseas brethren, but I would much rather have them pay a little extra for shipping than have so many of these end up in the hands of Scal-Por. Time to lower the order limit!

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Matty and these *******s are just taking the ****.
    I would be interested to know how many international buyers actually buy in bulk together. I for one don't.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

mattel has stated over and over again that the limit of 10 will not change. it's here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    mattel has stated over and over again that the limit of 10 will not change. it's here to stay.
    The sorry explanation they have provided on why they have the 10 max is pure BS. If they were able to stop production of a figure like MM to change his freaking ears, they CAN change this.

Who needs 10 flocked ear MMs? I mean really.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Warrior View Post
    Matty and these *******s are just taking the ****.
    I would be interested to know how many international buyers actually buy in bulk together. I for one don't.
    I buy for 2 others and generally is 6 each month. The 10 is pretty high.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Mossy was gonna be my first fig from this line...but I quickly learned that this line is meant for the jacked up retailers and ebay *******s and not us.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    I agree. No offense to my overseas brethren, but I would much rather have them pay a little extra for shipping than have so many of these end up in the hands of Scal-Por. Time to lower the order limit!
    precisely As Spock said, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

In this case many are missing out entirely so that a few can save a bit of money and as Woodland Warrior said, how many people actually do this anyway?

Believe me I understand the desire to save some money but too many people are being inconvenienced by this and when you get right down to it the international collectors are getting screwed over as well.

They could drop the limit down to say 4 or 5 and international fans would still be able to buy in bulk just not as big a bulk plus it would cut back resellers some.

And for something as limited in numbers as flocked ears Moss Man was the order should be 1 per customer no exceptions!
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Honestly, the 10 max quantity has come in handy many times for myself and some friends of mine as I've placed bulk orders for us when many couldn't be online.

But that being said, if lowering the max would help eliminate some of these problems, I would be for it.

Frankly, I'm surprised that they didn't lower the quantities for Mossman, at least (much like how they've offered con exclusives online for a lower max quantity). Since there were 2 versions of him available, each with a 10 max quantity, someone who was quick enough could have easily ordered 20 Mossman figures in a single order today. That's just insane!

They should have limited each version of Mossman today to 5 (or at least 6... making it an even number and on par with last summer's con exclusive quantity limit on MattyCollector). That way no one could have put much more than what they normally could in a single order.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

the problem is not buying an extra for a friend. the problem is scalpers and these hobby shops being able to get 10, 20 even 30 of these to re-sell when some of us just want 1 and cant get it.

Compromise Matty. Lower the order limit to 4 (one to open and one to keep MOC for you and a friend) until the production number is increased. Even if it is only 10 people who order 10 that is 60 more figures available to other fans...or at least a minimum of 15 orders Scal-por would need to (re)submit.
    Matty needs to do pre-orders !!

Quote Originally Posted by mrguardia View Post
    Who needs 10 flocked ear MMs? I mean really.
    Those "rare variants" are not going to scalp themselves!

Can you imagine if those fell into the hands of actual collectors? **shudders**

And yes, I think at least cutting down to 5 would be a fair compromise.
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

Heroic Warrior
    Matty knows what they do, they don't care about the guys who only want 1 figure... They are more than happy to support the re-sellers. Re-sellers by all the figures, matty has a complete sell out, and the re-sellers make a profit. Everyone is happy.

Except for us, they guys who only want one or at the most two to add to our collection... because we are actuall collectors and enjoy the hobby.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Today wouldn't have been so bad if people weren't able to order more than 10 Moss Man figures total (of both types combined).

The problem is that the quantity limit was 10 for each version, so resellers who were quick enough were conceivably able to order 20 Moss Man figures total.

And it's not like extra Moss Man figures were produced for this sale. The total quantity of all versions of Moss Man is equal to that of Trap Jaw and Adora.

So, today was handled VERY poorly.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The guy should have held out. Flocked ear Moss Man figures are going to be worth a lot more than $70.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

I agree with the thought that, at least until She-Ra hits with the upped production numbers, the order limit for non-sub orders for Evil-Lyn & Optikk should be lowered to 4-5.

They've done it before with Faker, so there's no reason that they can't do it again.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I've been ordering since day 1 and have never missed a figure. Today I did. Luckily I've got 2 subscriptions coming, but would have liked to have had a flocked ear version.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    plus you could always buy the subscription, doesnt that gaurantee you a figure?

I still say let people buy as many as they want, if you don't buy them on Ebay, then all they have is ten of the same figure.
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.
    I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.

As infuriating as it is to see some d-bag on EBAY (who also lurks on the boards) selling hordes of MOTUC figures for nearly double the SAME day as they are released, keep in mind your complaints are falling on deaf ears.

Mattel doesn't care how many of us get raked over the coals. Their warehouses empty, and they are happy. All they see are successful sales. All you can do is say NO to scalpers and simply not buy from them, but for every one of us that refuses to, there are 10 others that are fine with supporting the problem.

Until not 10, not 100 but 1'000s of us flood their Facebook, website and Customer Service line with angry calls, letters and posts and tell them that they are ticking us off, there will be no change. Complaining on the org does nothing.

Matty has stated that most orders are not for the ten max. Of course now, what they say and what is actually happening are two very different things.
    My B/S/T

My feedback

Did you know that Mattel is trying to kill Teh Lien??

I understand some peoples frustration, i missed out on both versions Moss Man. By no means am i defending anyone but it is possible that "they" took out multiple subscriptions for sales or pre-orders of figures on the Bay of e? When i see that "they" guarantee figures will be in stock, there really can't be any other way.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Lody View Post
    Matty has stated that most orders are not for the ten max. Of course now, what they say and what is actually happening are two very different things.
    Even if only ten persent of the orders were for 10 figures, that still sucks up 100 figures out of every 109-118 or so! It's just a matter of math to figure that out!

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar

To those who keep on asking for a lower limit, and better servers at DR

Consider the following:

1 - a scalper orders ten figures from a single account
    2 - a scalper orders one figure each from ten accounts
    3 - a scalper submits two orders of five figures

Those scenarios are all possible. It is not impossible to imagine multiple orders of ten, either.

A lower limit will never solve the issue. It is a problem easily solved by a resourceful scalper or re-seller. One can even imagine a situation where one would enlist the help of a few friends to make the process easier and faster.

The simplest, and best solution for all, is to up the production. Which is what Matty has been doing repeatedly since the beginning. The problem with this is that it takes time for the effects to be felt. If there had been no increase in demand since Faker last year, for instance, and there had not been more people buying into the line, I sincerely believe that we would have come to a certain balance by now. Even Hordak stayed up for at least an hour last year - we would expect him to sell in 5 minutes with the increased number of buyers today. Now, since the amount of buyers keeps on increasing steadily, this causes a problem with estimating the demand, and thus adjusting the production in accordance.

Give it time.

Now, concerning the stability and size of the servers at DR.

Do not be surprised at 5 minutes sellouts. As you would realize if you allowed your head to cool off, without the 'WSOD', the sellouts WILL happen quicker. Because the users will be there at the same time, and in just as great numbers. But their orders will go in quicker, and thus the sellout will come earlier. Until supply meets demand, there will always be just as many people left without a figure.

Wait for the production numbers to increase.

That is the only solution.
    Last edited by MyBroGotAllMyFigs; March 15, 2010 at 03:03pm. Reason: grammar