Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New mystery protypes..(Don't post illegal ToyFare scans!)

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I used to work at Toys R Us and still know several people who work there. I'll see if I can get ahold of someone to confirm that this is in the system.

But I agree, this is looking more and more legit. And the $30 price tag seems pretty accurate for something like this.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I like He-Man's very blonde hair and light grey armor - I'd buy it just to swap them out on the He-Man re-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Man View Post
    This is looking more and more legit. The ToyFare article, the ebay pics, now the TRU employe.

I think it's a fun idea for a pack, and I really don't understand how anyone on these boards can be opposed to it. If you don't like it, or if Supes isn't in your MotU mythos, don't buy the pack.
    Simple: the clown colors on He-Man and an out of scale Superman. And don't worry I won't be buying this.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I just got off the phone with my buddy from Toys R Us. This is in fact in the system! So there we have it...this IS LEGIT!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I just got off the phone with my buddy from Toys R Us. This is in fact in the system! So there we have it...this IS LEGIT!
    Thanks for taking the time to do that!

Yuck. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Simple: the clown colors on He-Man and an out of scale Superman. And don't worry I won't be buying this.
    The bright yellow gauntlets really don't work, but the rest of it is pretty accurate to the comic, and don't look too bad. I'll reserve judgement on Supes until I see which one they're using.
    That said, if they would have just included the original He-Man, everyone one these boards would be screaming bloody murder about getting ripped off for buying theirs online at $29. They had to do something to differentiate the two, and they did a passable job, not great, but adequate.
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

While I won't lose any sleep on not being able to get this, I think it's great that MOTU will be back at regular shops in some form

Like someone already pointed out earlier, if MOTUC are heavily advertised through this, it can only mean good things for the future of the toys!
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

It will be good to get MOTU some exposure if nothing else. If if (like me) this set doesn't interest you, it's bringing He-Man back into the public eye. I think that's great!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

VERY good news! I can't wait to own two of these!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

So anyone want to guess who'll be in each 2-pack? He-Man & Superman is obvious, but who will Skeletor come with? Battle damaged Superman (with the sword slashed costume) perhaps?

Cool!
    I got the DVD comics already but yes sign me up for a Superman vrs He-man two pack please!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Now that it's had time to sink in some, I do like the idea of this, but the execution just seems lacking (as usual with Mattel). As Lee-Man mentioned, if He-Man and Skeletor looked the same as the ones offered on Matty, I think that people would be very upset. I think it may be a good thing for the line as a whole too. And while I am glad that some MOTUC figures, in some form or another, will be available at retail in April, I wish it had been through some other retail establishment, and that the colors on the actual figures weren't so odd looking. Maybe the colors don't look as garish as they do in the E-bay pics/ maybe they look better in the packaging...?

At least now we know what that gold sword and the gray shield were for!

I'll save full assessment until I've seen the figures, but am not after another He-Man so similar to my original one, I would have preferred DC Adam
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

A DC Adam and DC Teela two pack would be nice (hey, pssst, Mattel, sell that one at Target please, lol)!

Oh guys - guys not so many , there is no need to say sorry to me.

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    Now that it's had time to sink in some, I do like the idea of this, but the execution just seems lacking (as usual with Mattel). As Lee-Man mentioned, if He-Man and Skeletor looked the same as the ones offered on Matty, I think that people would be very upset. I think it may be a good thing for the line as a whole too. And while I am glad that some MOTUC figures, in some form or another, will be available at retail in April, I wish it had been through some other retail establishment, and that the colors on the actual figures weren't so odd looking. Maybe the colors don't look as garish as they do in the E-bay pics/ maybe they look better in the packaging...?

At least now we know what that gold sword and the gray shield were for!
    Well Toyguru did say that no one would guess. I suppose this is a good thing for those that want this. But alas these will be plentiful when they come out so don't expect a huge turn around for these.

I also have to assume that these figures are not aimed at us, who have been buying the figures online for awhile now. I imagine these are an attempt to test the waters for He-Man at retail and bring new people into the online only line.
    We may not like the deco choices, but it's a good move by Mattel, and I hope it opens the doors for more crossover.
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yay! I always believed it were true! The only thing that concerns me is a DCUC Superman. I hope they change their minds on that. They can make a MOTUC Superman easily. Here's my recipe:

- Basic male body
    - Bow's boots
    - Bow's loincloth (you know he's going to have one. Optikk does. Bow's Belt is like Supe's and plain tighty whities, like Supe's)
    - He-Ro's cape

New pieces required:

- Head
    - Left and right forearm (Superman doesn't wear gauntlets)

However, Mattel could just use a He-Man or Bow's head, swap the hair or something like that, and use Tri-Klops' gauntlets and paint them gray to look like shackles. Then he's 100% repaint, but a MOTUC Superman.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Man View Post
    I also have to assume that these figures are not aimed at us, who have been buying the figures online for awhile now. I imagine these are an attempt to test the waters for He-Man at retail and bring new people into the online only line.
    We may not like the deco choices, but it's a good move by Mattel, and I hope it opens the doors for more crossover.
    Which is another reason why production numbers must be increased beyond the subscription figures. The sellouts are fast now, but after these 2-packs go on sale I expect we'll see even greater demand for MOTUC on MattyCollector.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    So there will be 2 2-packs? One with He-Man and Superman the other with Skeletor and ???

Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    Oh guys - guys not so many , there is no need to say sorry to me.
    Not to sound like a jerk, but didn't you actually say this was going to be a SDCC 2 pack of He-Man and Skeletor, which it isn't? Not sure why people should be apologizing to you when that wasn't true...

Sallah

Do you guys think that this opens up the possibility of doing DC Teela or was this a one time thing? I'd love a DC Teela as I had mention previously.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

These look like knock-off figures to me. Look at Skeletor's face. Looks like it is made of yellow marshmallow....and the pink on He-Man's belt just says "fake" to me.

Well I always wanted Superman in the MOTUC but I hope he is a MOTUC figure to fit in.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone