Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New mystery protypes..(Don't post illegal ToyFare scans!)

Getting confused. I agree this would make more sense if Superman was the SDCC celebrity figure in MOTUC classics style and he came with He-Man and Skeletor in a 3-pack. But supposedly this is a TRU exclusives...so. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Getting confused. I agree this would make more sense if Superman was the SDCC celebrity figure in MOTUC classics style and he came with He-Man and Skeletor in a 3-pack. But supposedly this is a TRU exclusives...so. Hmmm.
    I think it's just speculation getting out of control here. This thread is out of control and has only just begun! I hope this is all cleared up soon.
    I dig Skeletor's armor btw.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Awww...it would have rocked so hard if Superman were in the MOTUC style.

Superman on roids!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I think it's just speculation getting out of control here. This thread is out of control and has only just begun! I hope this is all cleared up soon.
    I dig Skeletor's armor btw.
    Speculation is fine so long as we know what's fact from fiction. Toyguru will probably be here before long to tell us if it's an April Fools Joke or not.

I kind of doubt it. Toyfare's magazine size is shrinking--getting thinner all the time. I don't think they have the luxury of wasting space for jokes...I could be wrong though.

When they do, don't they usually mention that they are going to pull some pranks in the letter column or the editorial?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 8, 2010 at 07:51pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Movie mayhem!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    So the question is... does this sheild with the black dots show up in the Superman vs He-man Comics?
    No shield. The only other toy accessory in the comic (besides his axe) is the beast punching thing that comes with Castle Grayskull. Adam's training on it and it's silver instead of yellow:

For more pictures of the comic, check this site out I found:

http://www.encyclopedia-obscura.com/...nsuperman.html
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

These arn't customs, but legit - colour test rejects from the factory in China. I've seen alot of these Asian sellers with odd motu pieces, like these in the past on eBay. My theory is that they either work or have connections to people at the factory who get the these reject samples. The fact that the alt shield and gold sword are the same ones that we've seen at the exhibition, which is no coinsidence guys! I think the sword is defo for a Thunder Punch He-man. However I do feel that it's too soon for another he-man variant, as there's so many other character to be done this year, and teh TP he-man will come out at the end of the year. I think the sheild is set to go into the weapons pack we've heard so much about.

Another thing...why are the factory doing tests on a Skelator figure now?... I've got a little hunch that tells me that we might be seeing a BA Skelator at the show in a few days... And if so, then it would only make sense for him tobe posed with he-man right?..That's where I see TP he-man coming into play at the show to. However he will be scheduled for a late release, like a Xmas special December 2010 figure.

Movie mayhem!
    BTW if people are looking for a SUPERMAN that fits in well with the MOTUC line then look at history of the DC universe superman. He is a much similar scale to MOTUC and the arms even mimic the dcuc articulation even though its dc direct. Another thing I like about these is the packaging is resealable as long as you don't tear the top part. also the pecs are the same size

Last edited by Patreek; February 8, 2010 at 07:58pm.

It is nice that MOTUC may be coming to retail, but what a weird way to finally do it. I guess the Superman picture above looks like he might go ok with a MOTUC figure.

What if they did a She-Ra and Wonder Woman (in her Star Riders attire) 2-pack with a reprint of the mini-buns comic? (Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense)

Widget
    Hasn't ToyGuru said a million times that the shield and golden sword are not for any He-Man or He-Man variant figure but rather for a completely new figure that we don't know about yet?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    What if they did a She-Ra and Wonder Woman (in her Star Riders attire) 2-pack with a reprint of the mini-buns comic? (Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense)
    That...would be...AWESOME!

P.S. this is the comic Tally's referring to:

Inside Scans:
    http://asylums.insanejournal.com/sca...13.html#cutid1

The toys, which were never made:
    http://toyotter.com/actiongirl/starriders/

The cartoon that never was:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_98zZGlDC3H.../ani-16-01.gif

Hey Tally...I wonder if Mattel will make them into PoP! I mean...Star Sisters...Star Riders... They all could have come from the same place. They're all bejeweled like them too!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 8, 2010 at 08:28pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    So I was right last month: The celebrity figure is Superman in MOTUC Style!! And he comes with He-Man, Skeletor and a reprint of the comic as 3-Pack SDCC exclusive!!
    I think your right...but I don't think Skelator will be in the mix.
    As he looks exactly the same in comic (compared to the motuc figure, he-man still has distinct colour change), and skelator is just controling Superman, not having a full on battle with him like he-man.

HOLY GOD...SUPERMAN IN MOTUC STYLE!!! If This happens..in the words of Doc Brown: we're "gonna see some serious s***"

Quote Originally Posted by dontom View Post
    Hasn't ToyGuru said a million times that the shield and golden sword are not for any He-Man or He-Man variant figure but rather for a completely new figure that we don't know about yet?

ToyGuru said a million times that DR would do no longer mistakes,too!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nope. Still don't buy it. I'm still not convinced. Too many inconsistencies for me...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Yeah, I call shenanigans on all this...
    The holding, the touching. Vaal has forbidden this.
    Five Year Mission
    Eisenhower Field Day

Quote Originally Posted by noah-fett View Post
    Yeah, I call shenanigans on all this...

Oh, let them have their fun. The speculation can only swirl so long before everything comes crashing down.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    Oh, let them have their fun. The speculation can only swirl so long before everything comes crashing down.
    If this is a joke on ToyFare's part, then I say the "no scanning" rule should go out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    I would like to point out, though, that the only speculation concerning my original information can be whether or not it's an elaborate April Fool's joke. Admittedly, I can't prove much until many other people see page 18 Toyfare #152 this week, but I can wait a couple of days

As we're all here speculating, and wasting our brain power, let's milk it. Can anyone good on Photoshop rustle up a pic of Superman in Motuc style? If anything, that pic would be the good thing that's come out if this discussion..

Its true there was a link to the mag, but its now deleted. They want keep it as a sectret/mystery.

If this is a joke on ToyFare's part, then I say the "no scanning" rule should go out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I would like to point out, though, that the only speculation concerning my original information can be whether or not it's an elaborate April Fool's joke. Admittedly, I can't prove much until many other people see page 18 Toyfare #152 this week, but I can wait a couple of days
    I'm not calling you out. But skimming through we've gone from what's on page 18 up to a SDCC exclusive three pack with Skeletor. And before too long there will be Aquaman/Mer-Man 2pk coming out in the Fall...
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    Its true there was a link to the mag, but its now deleted. They want keep it as a sectret/mystery.
    wait... one minute you are telling us its a SDCC 2010 He-man Skelly Two pack... and now you've changed your tune? suspicious

Well, the pink dots on the belt/comic cover has me convinced. And while it IS accurate, I wish they'd make 'em a different color. Gonna have to go grab ToyFare on my lunch on Wednesday now!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

nevermind.....I need to read the rest of the posts.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

I said its a 2 pack and we´ll get a 2pack at sdcc, but obviously shall it be a Tru exclusive. But now its enough i think we´ll should wait for the Toyfare , Toyfare mag anf sdcc.
    But i was right with 2pack or a 3pack variant at last with superman and comic.

Good night guys its 3 am now