Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New mystery protypes..(Don't post illegal ToyFare scans!)

Why would it be an April Fool's Joke? It’s February.

Also, who said they’re being released at retail?

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    wait... one minute you are telling us its a SDCC 2010 He-man Skelly Two pack... and now you've changed your tune? suspicious
    [Cher] DO NOT MESS WITH ME GIRLS! [/Cher]

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Why would it be an April Fool's Joke? Its February.

Also, who said theyre being released at retail?
    its in the APRIL toyfare though. i was confused at first too. Apparently toyfare says TRU

its in the APRIL toyfare though. i was confused at first too.
    I'm totally confused, I don't know where these rumors are coming from.
    Besides, why mess with MOTU & DC fans if it is a joke?
    Why not an Optimus prime that would come as God Ginrai or a vacuum cleaner instead?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Why would it be an April Fool's Joke? It’s February.
    It's the April issue, For historical "made sense at the time" reasons, magazines are dated months in advance.

However, I fully agree that they would pull any sort of AFJ (if they did) in the issue that was on-sale in April.

Also, who said they’re being released at retail?
    This is where merging threads confuses people. The ToyFare issue apparently says there's a He-Man/Superman two-pack, including a reprint of an early-80s comic where the two fight and with the HM painted to match the comic (see first post), which will be a ToysRUs retail-exclusive.

Anything beyond that, including the Skeletor pictured beside the "DC He-Man" in the first post, has no explanation beyond speculation. And the ToyFare issue is not yet widely available for proof of the first part.

its in the APRIL toyfare though. i was confused at first too. Apparently toyfare says TRU
    April issue? Theyre a bit far ahead, arent they? If released this month, surely you would think its the March issue. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    It's the April issue, For historical "made sense at the time" reasons, magazines are dated months in advance.

However, I fully agree that they would pull any sort of AFJ (if they did) in the issue that was on-sale in April.

This is where merging threads confuses people. The ToyFare issue apparently says there's a He-Man/Superman two-pack, including a reprint of an early-80s comic where the two fight and with the HM painted to match the comic (see first post), which will be a ToysRUs retail-exclusive.

Anything beyond that, including the Skeletor pictured beside the "DC He-Man" in the first post, has no explanation beyond speculation. And the ToyFare issue is not yet widely available for proof of the first part.
    Thanks for the news. And yes, I know the comic. I've got it saved on my computer, as well as many other He-Man comics!
    Last edited by Krueger; February 8, 2010 at 10:18pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post

I'm not calling you out. But skimming through we've gone from what's on page 18 up to a SDCC exclusive three pack with Skeletor. And before too long there will be Aquaman/Mer-Man 2pk coming out in the Fall...
    Breaking News!!!! Itsalltrue.net confirms there will be an Aquaman/Mer-Man 2 pack coming out in the fall!!!

haha.. sorry.!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That...would be...AWESOME!

P.S. this is the comic Tally's referring to:

Inside Scans:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....html%23cutid1

The toys, which were never made:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Fstarriders%2F

The cartoon that never was:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_98zZGlDC3H.../ani-16-01.gif

Hey Tally...I wonder if Mattel will make them into PoP! I mean...Star Sisters...Star Riders... They all could have come from the same place. They're all bejeweled like them too!
    Thanks for the history lesson! Wonder Woman: Princess of Power looked pretty sweet. They should have put it out.. I wonder what stopped them? X-Men and Batman cartoons being too serious around the same timeframe?
    Last edited by CarKrash; February 8, 2010 at 10:23pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Pardon me...I skimmed. So is the consensus that these are phonies, because I don't like the looks of this...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Breaking News!!!! Itsalltrue.net confirms there will be an Aquaman/Mer-Man 2 pack coming out in the fall!!!

haha.. sorry.!

Oh noes!!! What have I done....

MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    If it comes in a nice box with a clear window and the figures in front of a replica of that classic comic...I'm all over it!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Superman better be in MOTUC style. If not, thats lame as hell in my opinion.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    [Cher] DO NOT MESS WITH ME GIRLS! [/Cher]
    I hadn't seen that!!!!!

if true it is a crazy awesome 2 pack and i would almost by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post

they date magazines ahead of time so that retialers know when to take that issue off the shelf. think of them as expiration dates for periodicals.

on a side note i HATE april fool's jokes, especially in magazines since it takes a LONG time to let the joke be known. in news outlets like toyfare it can be downright dangerous since you all have seen what sort of crazy rants we get from fans on the littlest of things concerning MOTUC. LOL
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I really hope that this is only a custom. If this is a SDCC exclusive...

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I don't know what to believe. Guess we'll know something Wednesday...

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I got an idea for another 2 pack!! Mo-Larr and Question in "Awkward Dentist Visit" or "Open Wide!!"

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    I got an idea for another 2 pack!! Mo-Larr and Question in "Awkward Dentist Visit" or "Open Wide!!"

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...CMTN7189lg.jpg
    BWA HAHA clever...clever
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    they date magazines ahead of time so that retialers know when to take that issue off the shelf. think of them as expiration dates for periodicals.
    That was the original, "made sense at the time" reason, yes. Then someone got the idea that if they dated TWO months in advance, their magazine would be on the shelves TWICE as long. Before long everyone followed suit (you'll note that this issue of ToyFare will have been removed from shop shelves LONG before April the 1st).

It's not been unknown for magazine dates to get really silly amounts of time, like seven or eight months, ahead of where they should be. In consquence, retailers ignore the date completely, and just remove and return any remaining copies when the next issue comes in (except comic shops, who mostly buy non-returnable).

Hence 'historical "made sense at the time" reasons'. Because it doesn't make sense today.

Movie mayhem!
    ok so now people are saying there are a bunch of reveals in toyfare including ramman, orko, and others..... .....

So... are there ALSO 4 new character reveals at toyfair... or are these the figs being shown at toyfair...

That is very obviously just a joke from someone with a wicked sense of humour on Facebook (Ram man, Orko etc.). The Superman thing looks legit.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Legit or not, I do like the looks of both that He-man and Skeletor.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I'm gonna go with the whole...

"if you don't have proof then don't post"

got it?!?! Screw this whole thing.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    That is very obviously just a joke from someone with a wicked sense of humour on Facebook (Ram man, Orko etc.). The Superman thing looks legit.
    I thinks all of it is a joke. lol

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I absolutely refuse to buy anything published by Wizard Entertainment, but I'll give the issue a look over this weekend. I highly doubt there will be anything in it though.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Shenanigans.
    The holding, the touching. Vaal has forbidden this.
    Five Year Mission
    Eisenhower Field Day