Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New mystery protypes..(Don't post illegal ToyFare scans!)

Vengeance Demon The Riding Ghost's Avatar
    If this is on the real, I gots two things in mind-

1) hope there are enough on the shelves that I don't have to go through ebay
    and
    2) put me down for at least 2 or 3..one to keep sealed and some for my daughter and nephew (who now LOVE He-Man)
    I will totally support MOTU at retail.

RG
    From needing 13 figures to HAVING 13 figures sucks.
    Anyone got anything for sale cheap?

Like your comics monster flavored?
    ComicMonsters
    Where Monsters Dwell!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    I call B S on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    ok so now people are saying there are a bunch of reveals in toyfare including ramman, orko, and others..... .....

So... are there ALSO 4 new character reveals at toyfair... or are these the figs being shown at toyfair...
    where were these reveals told? if true it means toyfare got a really good exclusive but it takes away a lot of the pizazz from mattel.

you;d think all the companies would make toyfare release a wee bit after toyfair so as not to steal all the companies thunder.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I think what is even more of a falsity(spelling) is that this will be a TRU Exclusive.

How can that be when MOTUC is ONLY ONLINE!?!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    I think what is even more of a falsity(spelling) is that this will be a TRU Exclusive.

How can that be when MOTUC is ONLY ONLINE!?!
    Maybe, they are testing the market. I'd rather them do re-releases of the core characters as singles in different packaging for that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Maybe, they are testing the market. I'd rather them do re-releases of the core characters as singles in different packaging for that, though.
    If that's the case I will agree with you. Except for it gets crazy hard trying to find the figures in the stores sometimes.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Well...yes and no.

A single release would be better to test the market out, but if they were just re-released figures we already received...there would be MANY people who would not buy them...as they already have them. Minus the MOC people, because the packaging would be different.

If this rumour is true, this 2-pack will be based on how He-Man and Superman looked in the DC comic. This would bring more MOTUC collectors to buy it (new, different) and mainstream customers (wow...Superman!).

At least, I'm sure that's from a toy company's perspective.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I don't know how this is going to test the market. DCUC seems to sit on the shelf around me (or you can't find it at all). TRU doesn't even carry them. I see no way this will help MOTUC.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    ...just remove and return any remaining copies when the next issue comes in (except comic shops, who mostly buy non-returnable).
    Some shops, such as the one I work at, we actually are part of the overship program, which is nice for some stuff like this. We don't actually order as many as we need, and we usually have a few we get to return.

ok so now people are saying there are a bunch of reveals in toyfare including ramman, orko, and others..... .....

So... are there ALSO 4 new character reveals at toyfair... or are these the figs being shown at toyfair...
    We implore you to come back next issue, too, because the upcoming MOTUC figures are insane
    That's the closest issue #152 of Toyfare has to any other reveals of MOTUC merchandise.

I'm gonna go with the whole...

"if you don't have proof then don't post"

got it?!?! Screw this whole thing.
    I do have proof, but it's against rules to share it. This isn't the kind of thing I'd jerk anyone around about.

Getting back to the toys themselves, it appears this figure actually has a Tri-Klops left wristband/gauntlet, not the regular He-Man one.

Josh,

Alrighty man...I am PMing you my email address. I would like a scan please.

EDIT ---------> Email address sent @ 9:52 PM MTN Time.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Some shops, such as the one I work at, we actually are part of the overship program, which is nice for some stuff like this. We don't actually order as many as we need, and we usually have a few we get to return.

That's the closest issue #152 of Toyfare has to any other reveals of MOTUC merchandise.

I do have proof, but it's against rules to share it. This isn't the kind of thing I'd jerk anyone around about.

Getting back to the toys themselves, it appears this figure actually has a Tri-Klops left wristband/gauntlet, not the regular He-Man one.
    what other motuc stuff appears other than this two pack?

I know many people on here don't like variants but I'm hoping this is true because it opens up the possibility of doing the DC Teela, at least I think it does. The DC Teela is awesome and I'd want to have access to her, it does seem possible since Mattel have the DC license. I'd pick this up if it were real.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Heroic Warrior
    Sent you my email addy as well Josh!

Toyguru did say he was looking to see if a pack like this was possible during an old Q&A.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

I don't understand why some people keep up, basically saying that this user is making it up. Why should he do that?? And it's also a little rude.

Thanks to Josh for posting this info.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Heroic Warrior
    Josh which other character reveals?

Ok, I've almost every post on this subject, here's what I think is real:

1) That He-man variant was is a comic repaint (come on everyone, do you actually think that repaint was accidently done...HEs THE SAME COLOURS ON THE COMIC COVER...pink belt detail, yellow wrist bands, orangy boots..IT'S NO MISTAKE). The guy who posted these pics hit jackpot.. What a find.

2) I don't for a second believe Matty is going retail with motuc. Our Market is so small, that's why it says "Adult Collector" on the packaging people. These figures arn't designed for mass market, and plus there priced way to high for the averge joe. If it does happen (which it won't) Matty In effect preety much will have shafted all us collectors HARD!

Anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I don't understand why some people keep up, basically saying that this user is making it up. Why should he do that?? And it's also a little rude.

I appreciate it as well. I was not calling him a liar or saying he was making it up...I just want proof. If he emails me a scan and I can see it then there is the proof I wanted. If not...then I will have to think he was making it up. How is it rude to want proof?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fantastico View Post
    Josh which other character reveals?
    Diddo

Before I get any more PMs: just because I "have proof" doesn't mean I'm going to share it. As much as I'm not a fan of the company that publishes the magazine, I don't think it's right to circulate the image, especially since it's so close to the street date for the magazine.

Also, I'm not especially in the mood to possibly jeopardize my job.

Not upset with anyone for asking; just want to contain the requests before getting too many more.

Quote Originally Posted by J-at-arms View Post
    Ok, I've almost every post on this subject, here's what I think is real:

1) That He-man variant was is a comic repaint (come on everyone, do you actually think that repaint was accidently done...HEs THE SAME COLOURS ON THE COMIC COVER...pink belt detail, yellow wrist bands, orangy boots..IT'S NO MISTAKE). The guy who posted these pics hit jackpot.. What a find.

2) I don't for a second believe Matty is going retail with motuc. Our Market is so small, that's why it says "Adult Collector" on the packaging people. These figures arn't designed for mass market, and plus there priced way to high for the averge joe. If it does happen (which it won't) Matty In effect preety much will have shafted all us collectors HARD!

Anyone agree?
    It's BS. Even if it was real I wouldn't want Strawberry Shortcake He-Man.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I believe Josh. A LONG while ago people wanted a He-Man/Superman 2 pack in MOTUC and kept asking TG about it. He said it was a good idea and they'd look into it or something. Now we're hearing reports there's a picture in ToyFare of one and nobody believes it.

Anyway, if this IS an April Fool's joke...it reminds me of this:

http://www.oafe.net/rustin/dcsh2biz.php

That joke OUTRAGED a lot of people. Then Mattel actually ended up making him. So, all was well in the end.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Before I get any more PMs: just because I "have proof" doesn't mean I'm going to share it. As much as I'm not a fan of the company that publishes the magazine, I don't think it's right to circulate the image, especially since it's so close to the street date for the magazine.

Not upset with anyone for asking; just want to contain the requests before getting too many more.
    I'm not trying to rip on you or anything, but aren't you "jeopardizing your job" by even posting this information you obtained?

Heroic Warrior
    I appreciate it as well. I was not calling him a liar or saying he was making it up...I just want proof. If he emails me a scan and I can see it then there is the proof I wanted. If not...then I will have to think he was making it up. How is it rude to want proof?

Diddo

This!!!!!!

edit: if it jeopardizes your job, then its a whole different story.
    Last edited by mr.fantastico; February 9, 2010 at 12:13am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post

You're welcome. Though, I understand why everyone is being cautious. I figure I'll be vindicated on Wednesday. Though as I've inferred (not horribly well, though), until Mattel makes a real announcement, whether we actually will see the product is a different question.

what other motuc stuff appears other than this two pack?
    There's one picture of Screeech with armor on the stand, a full body picture of Optikk, and an inset picture of Optikk with his other head/eyeball.

Just so everyone knows, I don't think you're calling me a liar, and I understand everyone being hesitant. Until I saw this thread, I actually didn't think too much about saying anything, but then I saw pictures of the figure from someplace else. It was kind of hard not to say something.

Unlike when I saw the Webstor reveal and posted something to Matty's Facebook page since I wasn't a member here yet.

Well....I want to say I have my answer then.

Anyone else want on the train?