Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New mystery protypes..(Don't post illegal ToyFare scans!)

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    It's BS. Even if it was real I wouldn't want Strawberry Shortcake He-Man.
    True, he does look abit weird, but hey...SUPERMAN in the classics style.., s*** I'd by that 2 pack even if sups came with an unpainted, armless Zodac!

That's the not sculpt pictured; kept forgetting to mention that. It looks like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NElGexdHTt...man+Gotham.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I'm not trying to rip on you or anything, but aren't you "jeopardizing your job" by even posting this information you obtained?
    I'll admit, I can't argue that, though as far as I know, someone could have gotten this magazine as a subscription already or from some other magazine vendor. That's why I took the chance of basically confirming some information with added information so it didn't look like I was just making stuff up.

I'm also hoping no one decides to go after me just for trying to help out some fans with some info and actually drive people to the magazine that had the information.
    Last edited by josh; February 9, 2010 at 12:42am. Reason: Correct image found!

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    That's the sculpt pictured; kept forgetting to mention that.
    If that's the case then it's definitely a April Fool's joke.

That's the sculpt pictured; kept forgetting to mention that.
    Hate to call you out on this... But that is a DC Direct Superman, not a Mattel one...

Sallah

You're welcome. Though, I understand why everyone is being cautious. I figure I'll be vindicated on Wednesday. Though as I've inferred (not horribly well, though), until Mattel makes a real announcement, whether we actually will see the product is a different question.

There's one picture of Screeech with armor on the stand, a full body picture of Optikk, and an inset picture of Optikk with his other head/eyeball.

Just so everyone knows, I don't think you're calling me a liar, and I understand everyone being hesitant. Until I saw this thread, I actually didn't think too much about saying anything, but then I saw pictures of the figure from someplace else. It was kind of hard not to say something.

Unlike when I saw the Webstor reveal and posted something to Matty's Facebook page since I wasn't a member here yet.

Fair enough, but I believe you if that helps. Thanks dude for sharing, even though you may have dug a hole for yourself in the process.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I don't understand why some people keep up, basically saying that this user is making it up. Why should he do that?? And it's also a little rude.

Thanks to Josh for posting this info.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-at-arms View Post
    Ok, I've almost every post on this subject, here's what I think is real:

1) That He-man variant was is a comic repaint (come on everyone, do you actually think that repaint was accidently done...HEs THE SAME COLOURS ON THE COMIC COVER...pink belt detail, yellow wrist bands, orangy boots..IT'S NO MISTAKE). The guy who posted these pics hit jackpot.. What a find.

2) I don't for a second believe Matty is going retail with motuc. Our Market is so small, that's why it says "Adult Collector" on the packaging people. These figures arn't designed for mass market, and plus there priced way to high for the averge joe. If it does happen (which it won't) Matty In effect preety much will have shafted all us collectors HARD!

Anyone agree?
    You're welcome. Though, I understand why everyone is being cautious. I figure I'll be vindicated on Wednesday. Though as I've inferred (not horribly well, though), until Mattel makes a real announcement, whether we actually will see the product is a different question.

There's one picture of Screeech with armor on the stand, a full body picture of Optikk, and an inset picture of Optikk with his other head/eyeball.

Just so everyone knows, I don't think you're calling me a liar, and I understand everyone being hesitant. Until I saw this thread, I actually didn't think too much about saying anything, but then I saw pictures of the figure from someplace else. It was kind of hard not to say something.

Unlike when I saw the Webstor reveal and posted something to Matty's Facebook page since I wasn't a member here yet.
    can you confirm which Superman is being used? Is it the bigger PE superman? or the smaller DCUC one? Or is it a new superman with the same DCUC sculpting but that makes him the same size as he-man

Is the Toy Fare magazine actually used to make April Fool's jokes???

Did they ever do this sort of thing before?

I find it strange that a well known magazine that is used as a reference by thousands of collectors worldwide does such a thing??????
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

If that's the case then it's definitely a April Fool's joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Hate to call you out on this... But that is a DC Direct Superman, not a Mattel one...

Sallah
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    can you confirm which Superman is being used? Is it the bigger PE superman? or the smaller DCUC one? Or is it a new superman with the same DCUC sculpting but that makes him the same size as he-man
    I looked too fast; sorry. That is NOT the figure shown. I thought I saw it in this thread. I'll edit the previous post and look through and try and see if I can find the one I thought I saw.

I find it strange that a well known magazine that is used as a reference by thousands of collectors worldwide does such a thing??????
    Wizard magazine does it and they also publish Toyfare so why not and I have seen April Fool's jokes in both before.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    Well....I want to say I have my answer then.

Anyone else want on the train?
    Get off it dude. He doesn't owe you or anyone else scans. I bet he also doesn't care if you believe him or not. I don't care what you have to say no more than you do what he says. When more info comes out, we'll know for sure. It's no different than anything else ever mentioned, or shown in Toyfare. Your attitude just makes me laugh that you think you have the right to demand things from someone else giving info. Highly laughable.

If the guy made it up, so be it. We'll know the truth soon enough. Wait for the info like a big boy.

Heroic Warrior
    I looked too fast; sorry. That is NOT the figure shown. I thought I saw it in this thread. I'll edit the previous post and look through and try and see if I can find the one I thought I saw.
    lol your credibility just went down...

Movie mayhem!
    The superman I posted earlier is just the only superman I've found on the market that I felt went well with MOTUC... all of the Mattel stuff is way too small... which is why I'm really curious about what superman they are using in this two pack.

Well... the superman in TF... is he the same size as He-man? Or is he noticeably smaller...

If it's true, while I'm not interested in an ugly repaint of He-Man, a Superman doe in the MOTUC style would make it worth it. Not so much if he was just a DCUC figure packed with He-Man.

Also, people are saying this could be an April Fool's trick, but usually, those are made in April. This is 2 months too early.

That's true, for the sake of not ******* off there readers, they wouldn't do such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fantastico View Post
    No, If the issue comes out in 2 days just buy it and see for ourselves. I won't because I could care less about it unless the Supes is done in MOTUC style. If he's done in DCUC style he'll be too small and I really wouldn't want it. Also that He-Man is horrid, like those horrible comic versions of the 25th anniversary GI Joes.

Be careful there bud. Soulfly just smacked me down in a very unkind way. I really don't get what his issue is.

EDIT----> well. Maybe he's just tying to get us all to buy the latest issue of TF?!?

Just kidding. People need to calm down. I would like proof just as much as the next but if I'm gonna get *****ed at for it then maybe I won't even ask next time.
    Last edited by He-Ryno; February 9, 2010 at 12:40am.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    The superman I posted earlier is just the only superman I've found on the market that I felt went well with MOTUC... all of the Mattel stuff is way too small... which is why I'm really curious about what superman they are using in this two pack.

Well... the superman in TF... is he the same size as He-man? Or is he noticeably smaller...
    It looks like this (rather unexciting) Superman figure here:

As I've said, Wednesday will be here soon enough. I've also made a fool of myself before, too, so no worries

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh, I forgot to mention 2 things in my last post:

TG said the accessories on display were for upcoming figures, not the SDCC exclusive figures.

TG said they would have new SKUS to show at the con.

Well...if these are 2 packs for retail at ToysRUs, that certainly does meet the criteria. Also adding the people clamouring for the He-Man/Supes package.

It sounds fun and plausible. I just hope ToyFare isn't pulling our legs.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I figure that if were still lacking answers after the issue is released then something will be said about this at the New York Toyfair if not sooner.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NElGexdHTt...man+Gotham.JPG

As I've said, Wednesday will be here soon enough. I've also made a fool of myself before, too, so no worries
    LOL like I said fake. Not you Josh, you're just contributing to the forums like you are supposed to but that Supes will be way too small to go toe to toe with He-Man.

Seriously you think Toyguru would just let this publish without telling the fans something about this before hand like he did with Evil-Lyn?

LOL like I said fake. Not you Josh, you're just contributing to the forums like you are supposed to but that Supes will be way too small to go toe to toe with He-Man.

Seriously you think Toyguru would just let this publish without telling the fans something about this before hand like he did with Evil-Lyn?
    Superman can't go toe-to-toe with He-Man

I was guessing it might be kind of like the rather tame (as it seemed to me, anyways) reveal for Webstor. If it weren't for the weapons having been revealed already, along with the images that started this thread, I probably wouldn't have believed it at all. And I still am waiting for the Mattel announcement myself that it's real.

Movie mayhem!
    ***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NElGexdHTt...man+Gotham.JPG

does he look to be about the same size as he-man or noticeably smaller?

Superman can't go toe-to-toe with He-Man

I was guessing it might be kind of like the rather tame (as it seemed to me, anyways) reveal for Webstor. If it weren't for the weapons having been revealed already, along with the images that started this thread, I probably wouldn't have believed it at all. And I still am waiting for the Mattel announcement myself that it's real.
    He also stated that the accessories were for 4 upcoming figures and the pics on the first page has 2 of them on one figure.

Just as a note, the Public Enemies Superman figure is noticably larger then the other DCUC Supermen figures so far released. It's possible that we may see a version of that if the news is indeed legit.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    There's a thread about this on Matty's forums. If TG is going to comment on this, I'm sure it will be there. Keep an eye on this thread:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...1081079895/p/1
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah