Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.30!

So i didn't know anything ofwho illumina is or was so i thought i would look up what is so "complicated" about her story line She's a nomad warrior with light powers to blind her opponents ( the search engine feature is really great!) I honestly don't see whats complicated about that.

I know we are all getting upset for how Emiliano and Val are being treated in this questionaire me included, but i would also like to find out their thoughts on the matter if they care to give them.

I've made my dislike of the way MOTUC is handled in the past. I've also made numerous posts about Toyguru, his lack of professionalism, lack of MOTU knowledge and various other things. But...

The answer to number 5 takes the cake!

He makes it clearly obvious his feeling towards Val and Emiliano and MVC. Come on, his stab with MVP? I feel that is a total little man jab at those that many of us here like and respect and have done a lot more for MOTU.

A note to Scott. You wouldn't be where you are, nor would the classics line be where it is without those here at He-man.org. Please stop repeatedly belittling us at every turn and stop taking cheap shots publicly. If you truly have to wonder why people don't like the way you conduct yourself, don't blame the opinions of those giving them. Take some time to reflect on things you have said and done and you'll get all the answers you'll ever need. Once you admit that you can't do everything yourself and you don't know everything things will be a lot easier.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Only two questions were answered. Two out of five. What's the point?
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    No real news here. The only thing I take away is that we will not see Whiplash, Spikor, or Leech for awhile All very cool characters!

I do find the answer to the Illumina question to be poorly worded, at best. I doubt the intention was to insult the creators or the fans by saying she was too obscure or the story too complicated. I LOVED the MVC comics, but it would not break my heart if Illumina was put on hold for the countless other key characters that have yet to make it to plastic (examples: Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Eldor, etc.)

I really wish the MOTU Con question would have been selected. We had a pretty active thread on here lately about it and it would have been great to see if Mattel would be interested in taking part....

I agree with all of the above, but this is probably why most answers don't say anything.

Masters Chronicles Host! Vinto-Man's Avatar
    I may be totally off the mark here but i would imagine the MVC comics have a better following than the New Adventures. As Dan said how long have DVDs etc been out of print for. So they cant do things from the comics that people have probably read but they did He-Ro. I knew nothing about He-Ro but thought they were covering all aspects?

My head hurts now......
    Masters of the Universe Chronicles Podcast!

To listen to any show click here

To join the facebook page click here

To subscribe via Itunes click here

Part of me thinks that some of what's been said is poor wording on Toyguru's part and/or a case of rushing through the answers (due to the fact that, at times, some of the answers don't match the questions at all) but I really don't know anything about what's going on internally at Mattel to say for sure. So it's probably best that I refrain from commenting any further and just play with my toys.

The MOTUC line would have never happened had it not been for the FOUR HORSEMEN. Who, by the way, are the sole reason this line is where it is now. If you want to commend anyone, make it the people who actually are worth commending and actually have done great things for the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Part of me thinks that some of what's been said is poor wording on Toyguru's part and/or a case of rushing through the answers (due to the fact that, at times, some of the answers don't match the questions at all) but I really don't know anything about what's going on internally at Mattel to say for sure. So it's probably best that I refrain from commenting any further and just play with my toys.
    The answers don't match the questions because they're avoiding giving real answers. Look, I'm going to continue buying this line. I love it, but these Q&A's are a complete and utter waste of time and they have been for awhile.

My vote? Stop doing them all together.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    The MOTUC line would have never happened had it not been for the FOUR HORSEMEN. Who, by the way, are the sole reason this line is where it is now. If you want to commend anyone, make it the people who actually are worth commending and actually have done great things for the line.
    This is true. MOTUC only happened for a few reasons:

- FourHorsemen and Emiliano worked on the mini-statues (aka "staction" figures) for NECA and were a huge success for a while, available in comic stores but mainly online. Fans supported them despite high cost and no media to back it up. Lightbulb for Mattel.

- NECA's licence expired, was not renewed (I think because Mattel saw they $$$ opportunities with MOTU again so they wouldn't give it?).

- FourHorsemen threw the MOTUC pitch to Mattel and the FourHorsemen showed us the He-Man at that con. This got fans talking and Mattel got on board.

- To be fair, Toyguru wanted to resurrect MOTU and is the reason the FourHorsemen's He-Man was put in the display cabinet. To drum up fan interest.

So, in short...current MOTU success is mainly due to the FourHorsemen, Emiliano and the fans. Mattel has the money and the rights to make other people's ideas see the light...after they see the money making potential.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 9, 2010 at 07:00pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

EXACTLY! Scott is just a brand manager, Mattel is full of them but the life blood of the 2xxx, Stactions, and MOTUC is the 4H

Scott cannot accept the praise and defer the criticism imo, but yets that's what he does time and again. And it's not just with MOTUC, it's the same treatment for DC and JLU

And who was the ONLY people defending Scott when his wedding video got put on facebook along with death threats?!?! That's right it was Val and other orgers. The condesention only comes from one direction, why is that?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

And who was the ONLY people defending Scott when his wedding video got put on facebook along with death threats?!?! That's right it was Val and other orgers. The condesention only comes from one direction, why is that?
    Uhmmm, what!?!?!?

So I guess a character not created by Mattel is a "fan pitch".

If this is the case then how the heck did Orko ever get made? He was created by Filmation from what I remember so Orko is a "fan pitch" so is all the rest of the filmation Characters, maybe that's why Mattel won't get the rights to make them because they don't want to make "fan pitch" characters like Shadow Weaver.

If Mattel feels her back story was too complicated, then since her story is almost non existant why not change it a bit to fit in to MOTUC?

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    I've always been a huge fan of the 4H and their amazing talents!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, they played a MAJOR role in the MOTUC's line. My point was that someone at Mattel had to take the reins and make this line happen. That person was Scott. You can deny that all you want, but it is the truth. Without his influence and support for the line at Mattel, the MOTUC's line would have never happened.

I just find it tiring to come on the org to find so much negativity every time Toyguru makes a post. I wish more MOTUC's fans would not always take things so seriously, and look at the bright side of things from time to time. Life is too short!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    Uhmmm, what!?!?!?
    Mattys Facebook during the Teela fiasco of 2009, their page became a cesspool of hate. Some orgers tried to do the same here and we would not tolerate.

it's one of the reasons I get enraged when people say the org bashes Mattel and Scott, you want to see bashing go to facebook and other pages.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    I agree what are they thinking!?! MVC was not just a "Fan" creation but a licensed product from Mattel. Val and Emiliano are not just "fans" they are working design professionals who have also been actively working to keep He-man and She-ra alive and interesting for at least a decade.

Matty Collector would probably not be selling out each month or even be around if it wasn't for such an active fan base at He-man.org.

I really think the most insulting though was the whole MVP used twice when the company's name was clearly listed in the question.
    I agree with Judith 100%!

Admit it Scott, you have a major problem with the org, val and emilano. These swipes at the org have been getting worse over the past year. MVCreations (not MVP) WERE official liscence holders, consequently the randor mini series was not a fan pitch! The "to complex" Story was always the story that val and emiliano intended to tell. What rude and disrespectful comments to make, val and emiliano must be hurt!
    Last edited by Angel-T; February 9, 2010 at 07:23pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Mattys Facebook during the Teela fiasco of 2009, their page became a cesspool of hate. Some orgers tried to do the same here and we would not tolerate.

it's one of the reasons I get enraged when people say the org bashes Mattel and Scott, you want to see bashing go to facebook and other pages.
    That's pretty terrifying. I had no idea anything like that was done. How could someone even get a copy of his wedding video!? That's all kinds of scary.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That's pretty terrifying. I had no idea anything like that was done. How could someone even get a copy of his wedding video!? That's all kinds of scary.
    It was on YouTube.

I'm afraid we haven't seen anything yet. Wait until next Tuesday if BattleCat is gone before everyone has gotten him.

That's going to be the Matty forum's baptism of fire.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I'm hoping this was just a case of badly worded responses, deadline pressure (Sunday and all), and confusion of acronyms. If not, then the vitriol is probably valid.

I'm not blind or anything, just hoping this is all somehow lost in translation...

Well, Matty's Facebook in general is pretty terrifying by itself...
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

So, in short...current MOTU success is mainly due to the FourHorsemen, Emiliano and the fans. Mattel has the money and the rights to make other people's ideas see the light...after they see the money making potential.
    You forgot the most important part, the 200X comics were done by professionals who consider themselves fans of the brand so - not cannon, not legal, glorified fan fic with pretty pictures that infringes on copywrites cause they don't own the characters or brand.

The Classics toys are done by professionals who also consider themselves fans, so technically aren't we all buying illegally produced, and mass produced to boot, CUSTOM action figures that infringe on copywrites since the horsemen are fans that also don't own the characters or the brand?

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Yes, that felt insulting. And isn't it MVC, not MVP? Double-insulting, it felt.

Heidi

Jinkies, Mattel, if you're going to insult our intelligence by thinking we can't wrap our miniscule fanboy and fangirl minds around a character's background, can we insult yours by pointing out what Heidi did, it's MVC, not MVP...I know you're getting confused, but if my fangirl mind can point that out, maybe one day, I'll get to sit at the big kids' table and talk about characters that I might not understand. Mattel, please ed-ju-kayte me...

I agree completely with you, Adora. Although what I feel has been said already, I wouldn't feel right without getting on my soap box an adding my two cents.

Mattel, you should be ashamed...you have Val & Emiliano to thank (I mean this entirely as a compliment, guys! ) for the 200x relaunch, which I feel brought MANY new fans to the line. As one of the "veterans" of the site, I feel that I owe a great deal to these two. As most of you know, I met my husband here, and have been a MOTU fan since birth...I guess I take it a little personal when Mattel flagrantly poo-poos us, or insults my intelligence...but who am I to post, I'm just some floozy that works at a gas station, my opinion doesn't matter any way...
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Before this thread gets too out of hand I want to urge orgers to keep their comments constructive and refrain from getting into the realm of personal insults. I often recommend in the Trader Review that people look at what they post before they hit submit, everyone is guilty of this even myself. I feel a lot of grief Scott gets is because he does not do this either. Doing this is what makes us better than those wretches on Facebook, and how we keep ourselves civil.

With that said it is apparent to me that for whatever reason the relationship between Mattel/MattyCollector and the fans here is strained. The separate forum, the thinly veiled jabs and general condescending attitude from Scott (again for whatever reason) are all indicators of this strain.

So I implore everyone to criticize but do so with a level head

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto69 View Post
    So i didn't know anything ofwho illumina is or was so i thought i would look up what is so "complicated" about her story line She's a nomad warrior with light powers to blind her opponents ( the search engine feature is really great!) I honestly don't see whats complicated about that.

I know we are all getting upset for how Emiliano and Val are being treated in this questionaire me included, but i would also like to find out their thoughts on the matter if they care to give them.
    The thing is that val and emiliano probably won't respond, they are very professional in the way the conduct themselves publically and the comments they give. (unlike scott at times) But I for one hope that val and emiliano do break their silence on this and whatever else has happened in relation to the org. His treatment of these guys and this website is down right insulting at times!
    Last edited by Angel-T; February 9, 2010 at 07:50pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Before this thread gets too out of hand I want to urge orgers to keep their comments constructive and refrain from getting into the realm of personal insults. I often recommend in the Trader Review that people look at what they post before they hit submit, everyone is guilty of this even myself. I feel a lot of grief Scott gets is because he does not do this either. Doing this is what makes us better than those wretches on Facebook, and how we keep ourselves civil.

With that said it is apparent to me that for whatever reason the relationship between Mattel/MattyCollector and the fans here is strained. The separate forum, the thinly veiled jabs and general condescending attitude from Scott (again for whatever reason) are all indicators of this strain.

So I implore everyone to criticize but do so with a level head
    I agree completely. This is a place for us to respectfully share our opinions with each other.

We saw the way things happened in the 2xxx line when they had the worst case ratios, sent an entire wave that should have been supporting a cartoon to grocery stores instead of major chains, and then released the final figures overseas and randomly in the US. With the Stactions we saw delay after delay, poor quality, and ultimately a general let down of how NECA handled business. And now with MOTU we face ever changing stories about the line, blame for things not selling fast enough, and people saying we whine and complain and should feel "lucky" to get anything at all.

And yet as dedicated fans we show up each month to buy MOTU and crash the servers unlike any other toy line outside of McFarlane toys. We have over 21 consecutive sell outs, and we will keep buying no matter the response from Mattel.

MOTU Fans I feel are the ultimate battered wives, no matter how many punches we take we won't leave our man