Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mattel! We want a Filmation accurate Power Sword!

Mattel! We want a Filmation accurate Power Sword!

The one you gave us with Flogg is wrong! The dimensions are off. And the pictures of Filmation accurate He-Man coming next year disappointingly show him still brandishing this false sword! We demand one that is identical to the iconic version shown in the classic Filmation cartoon!

Show your support guys! It's only a minor tweak to greatness!!

I support this because the shape of the sword is wrong.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Can someone post a picture/photo that illustrates the issue here?
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post
    Can someone post a picture/photo that illustrates the issue here?
    Masters-of-the-Universe-Classics-MOTUC-Flogg-Review-sword-compare.jpg
    these are the swords we've gotten so far, the standard sword and the one from Flogg

285.he.man.052407.jpgHe-man.jpg
    this is the proper Filmation power sword

the shape of both MOTUC versions is not exact, not to mention that the color should be solid! the center portion should also have the same raised line as the rest of the blade.

I SUPPORT !!!

I don't want that lazy FAILmation Sword !

Somebody... please, email cornboy or other 4HM team !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    GOD IS THERE !!!! Because He Has Given My Filmation Variants ANNNNNNNNNND MY Filmation Skeletor !!!

Yeah, that version that came with Flogg was messed up. Looks like a bad custom.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

The Flogg version is asymmetrical and a bit too wide. I can live with the width, but that cockeyed hilt has to go.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yes, I would like to get a proper looking Filmation sword. Honestly, the one that came with Adora and She-ra is about perfect. They just need to make a version of that which doesn't have the jewel (or the spot where the jewel goes), and a modified handle to fit properly in He-Man's hand.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Yes!!! Same here! The sword from Filmation He-Man is totally wrong.
    Thats what I want:

Heroic Warrior
    I agree with all of you. There's still time to get this right! If anyone here is on the Matty forums, please post about this in the Ask Matty section.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, and Mulletor.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    Masters-of-the-Universe-Classics-MOTUC-Flogg-Review-sword-compare.jpg
    these are the swords we've gotten so far, the standard sword and the one from Flogg

285.he.man.052407.jpgHe-man.jpg
    this is the proper Filmation power sword

the shape of both MOTUC versions is not exact, not to mention that the color should be solid! the center portion should also have the same raised line as the rest of the blade.
    I never cared for the filmation sword. I think Flogg's sword is perfect MOTUC sword. Yes I admit that specifically it is not completely accurate, but it does what it needs to do, and with a better style than it's inspiration. So I am fine.

I would rather a MOTUC Powersword with a jewel so that She Ra has a true TRUE twin of He Man's sword. Still waiting on that, or for someone to sell me a sword of protection so I can make my own custom.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I never cared for the filmation sword. I think Flogg's sword is perfect MOTUC sword. Yes I admit that specifically it is not completely accurate, but it does what it needs to do, and with a better style than it's inspiration. So I am fine.

I would rather a MOTUC Powersword with a jewel so that She Ra has a true TRUE twin of He Man's sword. Still waiting on that, or for someone to sell me a sword of protection so I can make my own custom.
    Besides being inaccurate to the source material, the Flogg sword also looks sloppy in the execution. The rounded bits are asymmetrically placed.
    By the ancients!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    Yes!!! Same here! The sword from Filmation He-Man is totally wrong.
    Thats what I want:

http://nitku.net/writings/images/hem...heman-0.33.jpg
    Yeah, I think they can do better. It should match this pic or the close up from Secret of the Sword. And go ahead and make a She-Ra version in the same size, too. The larger handle fits in her hand just fine.

Always bugged me as a kid that the FILMation sword looked different than the toy I had at home, more so than the differences in the appearances of the characters even. I always wondered why they couldn't have made it look more like the toy.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Yes please! I'd like it to be exactly like She-Ra's, even the size, JUST like it was in the show (I'm sure they could make the handle a little bigger).
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Always bugged me as a kid that the FILMation sword looked different than the toy I had at home, more so than the differences in the appearances of the characters even. I always wondered why they couldn't have made it look more like the toy.
    I think it was cheaper to animate with tiny gaps between blade and guard that could just be colored in gray without it looking weird.
    By the ancients!!!

Classics Prince Adam with FILMATION SWORD 01.jpg Classics Prince Adam with FILMATION SWORD 02.jpg Classics Prince Adam with FILMATION SWORD 03.jpg This is how the FILMATION POWER SWORD accessory should look when the line officially releases. Also please no more two tone swords. The FILMATION sword was completely silver ,and not silver and gray. If they get that right then it will be perfect.
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

I agree that He-Man's Filmation sword needs to be resculpted. It's one of the single biggest iconic images in MOTU fandom!

Quote Originally Posted by LastEternian View Post
    Classics Prince Adam with FILMATION SWORD 01.jpg Classics Prince Adam with FILMATION SWORD 02.jpg Classics Prince Adam with FILMATION SWORD 03.jpg This is how the FILMATION POWER SWORD accessory should look when the line officially releases. Also please no more two tone swords. The FILMATION sword was completely silver ,and not silver and gray. If they get that right then it will be perfect.
    That custom is 100% accurate perfection! This is the power sword we demand, Mattel!!!!

As usual, when it comes to this issue: I don't honestly care for it, BUT...I have my favorite NA Power Sword, a remake of the awesome 200X Power Sword, and they revealed that Dare comes with the Alcala Power Sword. It's only fair that they resculpt the Filmation Power Sword and have that version of He-Man come with it, if there's still time. I mean, everything on those figures are crazy Filmation accurate - including Skeletor's Havoc Staff. He-Man really needs the accurate Power Sword.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Yes make an accurate Filmation sword and please make the sheath that goes with it!!

Heroic Warrior
    It has also aggravated me, since the beginning of the MOTUC line, that each sword has had two different shades of gray! Why!?

2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

I support this. The "Filmation" sword we have looks "inspired" by the cartoon, not cartoon accurate.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    As usual, when it comes to this issue: I don't honestly care for it, BUT...I have my favorite NA Power Sword, a remake of the awesome 200X Power Sword, and they revealed that Dare comes with the Alcala Power Sword. It's only fair that they resculpt the Filmation Power Sword and have that version of He-Man come with it, if there's still time. I mean, everything on those figures are crazy Filmation accurate - including Skeletor's Havoc Staff. He-Man really needs the accurate Power Sword.
    Skeletor's havoc staff is not a match. Go look at the cartoon again. Look at the center top of it and images from the cartoon.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection