Thread: Happy Lou Scheimer Day, Everyone!

Happy Lou Scheimer Day, Everyone!

Just wanted to celebrate!
    For those who don't know, this date was declared Lou Scheimer Day in Pittsburgh a couple years back when the Lou Scheimer Gallery was dedicated at the Toonseum. My wife and twin daughters (along with a couple other orgers I'm aware of) were fortunate enough to get to share this day of honor with Lou and Erica; and my family getting to meet them was one of the absolute high points of my life! I think MANY of us on here can honestly say they owe a major debt to Mr. Scheimer for his impact on our childhoods and beyond! Thanks, Lou, and Happy Lou Scheimer Day to you as well! Gonna go celebrate by watching some toons!

Happy Lou Scheimer Day everybody!!!!

Thanks for this thread Kevin - I hadn't realized it was Lou's day today. I never had the privilege of meeting him, but I definitely feel like he is a part of our lives.

Thank you Lou! You brought us all together

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I, too, echo these sentiments!

You are well-missed but fervently remembered by us all Lou! Thank you and Happy Lou Scheimer Day!!

P.S. I still think he deserves to be immortalized in MOTUC as a figure.... (more so than Stan Lee.)
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Right on! Happy Lou day! Thankkful for all the great characters and entertainment that i can share with my daughter .

I'll forever be grateful to Lou! He gave me great childhood memories!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I, too, echo these sentiments!

You are well-missed but fervently remembered by us all Lou! Thank you and Happy Lou Scheimer Day!!

P.S. I still think he deserves to be immortalized in MOTUC as a figure.... (more so than Stan Lee.)
    Agree 100%!!!

Lou and his beloved He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon was such a touchstone of my childhood that words can barely do this influence justice. I love you, Lou! I hope whatever you're up to now that you're having fun. Miss you big guy.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    A much deserved tribute to a man who gave us so much to enjoy. For me it started with the DC cartoons in the 60's, thruogh Star Trek in the 70's and all the good stuff in the 80's. It's good to have a day to remember all that, and the very classy man who helped bring it to us.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Thanks for this thread Kevin - I hadn't realized it was Lou's day today. I never had the privilege of meeting him, but I definitely feel like he is a part of our lives.

Thank you Lou! You brought us all together
    This is EXACTLY how I feel. I couldn't have said it better!
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

God Bless Lou

I'm a long time fan of all his works, mainly Blackstar, MOTU, She-ra, Ghostbusters, Bravestarr, Batmann 66.

Filmation has deeply infuenced my childhood in a positive way.
    Happy Lou Scheimer day!
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?