Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right or left handed figures?

Right or left handed figures?

Are most of your figures right or left handed? With quite a few we have the option to pick which hand they hold their weapons in. Sure some like Fisto, Jitsu, Mer-Man, etc... doesn't give us much choice of which hand to put their weapons in. Heck Stratos I guess is neither handed. Looking over my shelves, most of mine are right handed but a few I've made left just to vary it up some.

How do you have yours?
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Mine are pretty much random. Most are right handed but some are randomly left. Depends on the weapon partly I think. The only weapon my He-man is currently holding is his axe, in his left hand.

Looking at my display, I have a few left handed figures. The rest are right handed. Of course, Moss Man and TP He-Man are left handed.

I've never really thought about it. I usually just stick the accessories in whatever hand they fit in - usually it works better in one than the other. Now I'll have to start paying attention, LOL.

I make as many as possible left handed since I am!
    "Problems Weaver?"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    No mine are a mixture of both. It bugs me when mostly all figures are pictured holding their main weapon in the right hand.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    All of my figures are inanimate so they are neither left-handed or right-handed.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    It's a mixture some figures you have no choice since the one hand is sculpted open. Others come holding their weapons in the box and I just don't change it. The only one I purposely made a choice on was Faker. I decided that as part of the evil double/ mirror opposite theme that He-Man is right handed while Faker is left handed.

Then there are the ones holding something in both hands. How do you determine that?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Yeah... I checked mine and same goes for me.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    A good portion of mine are both handed as I maximize weapons by using both hands. Never thought about toys being left or right handed lol!
    I now have a toy review site!/

I like to change it up and have different characters be different, um... handedness? There is little rhyme or reason to save for Adam and Adora who are both right-handed. Their "sword aloft" poses are just too iconic to change, it looks weird. Oh, and I have always had Teela as a lefty, too.
    Most Wanted: Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Ileena, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Lodar, King Tamusk, Hunga the Harpy, King Micah, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    as some other fellow already stated, in some cases it's not an option,
    and in some other case displaying choices may depend on room matters...
    but i must admit that, being left handed myself, i naturally tend to put
    their main weapon in the left hand.

If the sculpts allow it, I assume they're all ambidextrous. If it doesn't, they're not.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats
    ME WANT MORE MYTHIC LEGIONS!

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Totally Dyslexic
    I do have some figures who are posed left handed.

But if you ask me and i know thatīs totally random, iīm thinking of them as left handed when they are posed packed as left handed.

Teela for example is holding her sword in her left hand and Battleground Teela holds her blaster in her left hand.

Queen Marlena holds her sword in her left hand and Captain Glenn is posed looking like she is holding her riffle in both hands so she is left handed for me as well.

As are Dekker, the Star Sisters, Octavia and Dawg-O-Tor( maybe there are more but these are the ones i know)

Bubble Power She-Ra is posed holding her sword in her left hand but her first release is holding it with the right…

I donīt think who ever poses them isnīt think like that but still, itīs fun to speculate.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

you know, I hadn't given it much thought so I checked my collection.

I have made some of them left handed. I was quite surprised as well. Just seemed to make more sense that way evidently.

Discounting characters who cannot hold a right hand weapon (jitsu, fisto, strongarm, ect)...

Beastman. Right hand free for directing creatures or clawing I guess?

Triclops, who has a spymonkey shield in the right hand and sword in left. I realize this is based on his 200x toy, which is clearly left handed. I love a left handed swordsman.

Frosta strangely has her staff in the left hand, shield on her right wrist.

One of my Snakemen wields his mace on the left. Probably due to how the 4 are displayed, but still.

Batros I have with that mace in the Left.

Same with Moss Man, but then that is due to design. I like it alot though.

Vikor is axe wielding left, shield to right. Due to the original picture of course.

Both my Stratos' holding their respective Staff of Avion in their left. I could say that was due to design but both hands are pretty loose. I chose to make them both lefties. I would argue that he holds the staff with off left hand as he leads his flight with the right primary hand. Maybe not a lefty. Perhaps same story with beastman?

Got my Ikarius with a sword in the left, but then he has that shield/missile thing on the right? Feels right as a lefty though.

Same with Hydron. Claw thing weapon which I always hated looks so much better on his left arm. So now he's a lefty too.

My Dawg O Tor is a lefty as well.

So far that is it. Looking back I didnt choose specifically to make characters left handed, with the exception I fee with Triclops, but based on design and how they looked displayed, it came natural.

I'm glad that some of them are. I'm glad I saw this thread to make it known to me. I feel these characters I have are natural lefties which is why they are in my display. I'm glad to have that diversity, and I'm glad looking back that it came naturally with my eye for display detail and what feels right.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    The way I pose 'em on my shelf, I mix it around since I want to see the weapons that they're holding as well as the faces of the characters.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Its never been explain in detail, but perhaps many eternians are armordextruss. or both handed?

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    If the sculpts allow it, I assume they're all ambidextrous. If it doesn't, they're not.
    two bad surely is ambidextrous: sadly, tuvar was the left-handed of the duo!!!

I currently have 59 figures here's the break down
    right handed 36
    left handed 7
    both (weapons in each hand) 9
    the others either don't have a weapon at all

Sy-clone has his shield on his left hand and his blade on his back.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

im right handed so almost all of my figures are right handed....some hold the weapons in the right hand because of poses, some because they can only hold the shields in their left arm....and some have weak right hands, so they have to hold weapons on the left hand.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Skeletor
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

This thread has me thinking... I may need to change some things up in how my figures hold their gear!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, Hawke, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

All my figures are right handed. Only the ones like Jitsu is left handed.
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Handedness of your figures

I was rearranging my figures the other day and was noticing that pretty much all of them were holding their weapons in their right hand probably because I'm right handed. Ended up switching a few around just to vary things up a bit. So Tri-klops is now left handed as well as a few other random guys. Got me wondering how other folks determine which hand various weapons go into. Obviously guys like Fisto, Jitsu, Clawful, Trap Jaw, or even Spikor (if you have his trident hand in) don't give much choice as to which hand their weapons go into. Also I know the vintage figures all were pretty much right handed as well. Just was curious what other folks did or if most really didn't care or notice.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Many of the figures don't get a choice due to shields having a sculpted orientation, open hands, or the weapons being sculpted for the right. Because of that, I make as many of mine leftys as possible to mix things up.

I also try to stand them so they don't all have the same foot forward.