Thread: Support for Vintage MOTU Heads of Eternia packs!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar

Support for Vintage MOTU Heads of Eternia packs!

Masters of the Universe Classics has done a great job pulling in looks from the various incarnations in the brand. However, the vintage toyline had most of the iconic looks (because they were the first to appear in toy form), and some of those didn't translate into their Classics figure as well as others. This was probably both a design and budget issue. We would likely have gotten multiple looks/heads if they could be costed in. I think it's time we start looking back at the ones that didn't get the Mer-Man or He-Man treatment, as I think the customer base is still there, and would gladly scoop these more vintage looks up to finalize or add to their MOTUCs! Crazy vintage fans like myself want that look represented heavily for each character (Princess of Power is a whole other debate, and likely thread). I'm proposing a Vintage Masters of the Universe Heads of Eternia pack idea (and multiple if need be). Here would be my candidates.....

1. Jitsu - The differences between the vintage head and Classics head are glaring. Getting the vintage Jitsu head would give us a new "old" look and would also be a nice replacement for those that don't like the slimmer/shrunken/tiny headed Classics Jitsu. I also feel while the Classics Jitsu looks very devious and wise, he is missing the menacing look of the vintage. That vintage look was in a lot of the old media and needs to be represented in Classics.

Vintage Jitsu and Classics Jitsu

2. Spikor - The vintage Spikor had a much bigger head. The eyes are bigger, and he had a more youthful look. This would also help replace a lot of the googly/derpy eyed Spikor heads we got in Classics.

Vintage Spikor and Classics Spikor (without googly eyes)

3. Blade - I really feel we should have gotten both looks for the Classics figure, but I guess budget was an issue here. While I love the Classics/movie accurate version, I grew up on the more evil looking toy version. The vintage toy also looks more aged and bad to the bone.

Vintage Blade and Classics "movie" Blade

4. Beast Man - As MOTUC evolved, I think I felt more and more that MOTUC Beast Man didn't really look that vintage. I still like the figure, but something about that vintage face is just more appealing. The vintage is a bit more orangy, bigger eyed, and bright overall.

Vintage Beast Man and Classics Beast Man

5. Hordak - This is a pet peeve of mine. I haven't seen much opposition on the boards to the MOTUC Hordak, but, I grew up on the vintage toy. The head was oddly huge, and more bright. It was weird having a Hordak without a big cranium. He seems less imposing to me in Classics. I want a fatheaded Hordak!

Vintage Hordak and Classics Hordak

Some other candidates could be Faker (utilizing the vintage He-Man head from the Oo-Larr release) or Fisto. Also, we need the Mantenna vintage bloodshot eyes, but this could be an accessory since the Classics head is pretty accurate.

So, who do you want to see in a Vintage Masters of the Universe Heads of Eternia pack???

The Spikor head Needs an update more than any of these. I love the vintage head, and the classics head is just meh.

The Teela Head looks very different from classics.

Rio Blast and Fisto Would be others I would nominate.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    None of those figures need vintage heads, they're perfect the way they got released.

I would have to pass on these choices except for Jitsu, as I think we could use a vintage version as well. I would rather push for head variants and repaints of existing ones from all media.

1) Faker - vintage head version
    2) Hydron - without scuba head gear
    3) General Rattlor - a new head for display variation in case a full 200x version doesn't happen
    4) Huntara - hooded version will give an upgrade to her display options
    5) Gwildor - a more vintage look can help break the "too detailed" look of the Classics release, although I really like how spot on he looks from the movie.
    Last edited by Count Judas; October 11, 2015 at 05:04am.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!! Vote in this HatMOTU poll for Filmation characters not found in the "official" fan poll: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20#post3607720

I'm not sure I agree with any of the examples given, but in theory I am up for something like this. I like having display options.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 5 Beast Men. 3 Camo Khans. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Vintage head(packed with Oo-Larr) for Thunder Punch He-Man(skin tone) and Faker.

A more Asian and less Eurasian(even though it is also cool in it's own way) vintage head for Jitsu.

Not 100% but something like this, a little angrier maybe and with more teeth showing...

Go Home And Be A Family He-Man!

Hmmm ... I do think we need another head for Blade, but my vote would be for the prototype/comic version with the grill over his mouth. Not against a fatter Spikor head but personally I think the Hordak head we got is the new definitive.

Still, if there is demand for these heads, I wouldn't want to stand in their way.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

While I'll be happy for others who wants this, I wont be buying this item ! I am fine with classics heads, as they are not my "preferred" version anyway !!
    In My Canon, Skeletor Has No Duck Feet !!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Some fans WANT their figures to be as close to the Vintage figure as possible and might not agree with the more detailed updates in Classics. So I wouldn't mind this for the Spikor head.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Not really up for this. What we got is, for me, the definitive look of those Masters.

The only heads I want are:

* Vintage Ram Man (Open Eyes)

* Vintage Jitsu

* Vintage Rio Blast

* Vintage Skeletor

* Vintage He-Man (Faker Colors)

* Vintage He-Man (Wundar Colors)

To answer your question: Nope, nor do I think this has enough real demand.

I do not understand the need. The soft vintage sculpts would not fit with MOTUC bodies, and if you want exact same sculpts that is what the MOTUC giants tried to be.

Ramman is the only one I would want.
    ABC GIANTS, 200x Evil-lyn, 200x Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Hawke/Delora, Queen Andreeno, Captain Randor, 200x Tri-Klops, 200x Squeeeze head.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Um...pretty much no to everything in the original post.

Maybe an angry Faker or Hydron with an actual face.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I'm not advocating for 100% accurate re-dos of those vintage heads on a Classics figure; that would look silly. Just something that feels more like those vintage looks for some figures that fits the existing Classics buck, in the same vein as Mer-Man, He-Man, Stinkor, etc... vintage additional heads we've gotten. I think there is a big enough difference especially for Jitsu and Spikor. Blade, Beast Man, and Hordak are more pet peeves of mine.

While I wouldn't want them, I do see the case for figures like Rio-Blast, Fisto, and Thunder Punch He-Man getting their vintage look.

In the least, the bloodshot eyes for Mantenna wouldn't cost Mattel much at all but could appease the old cruddy vintage fans like myself and give us another display option:

Overall, I'd rather have Mattel spend money on characters that have never seen the light of day in Classics, but, if we're already going to get more looks for existing characters much like the 200x Heads of Eternia pack gave us, I would like some more vintage feeling options. Plus, my googly eyed Spikor has a hard time staying focused.

I'm not too interested in most of these ideas, but I NEED those bloodshot eyes for Mantenna. To me, that omission is the only thing keeping Mantenna from being perfect in MOTUC.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Definitely want bloodshot eyes for Mantenna, vintage style head for Faker, vintage style head for Moss Man and Beast Man. Even a Skeletor head repaint with darkened cheeks would be cool

Heroic Warrior
    There's certainly some figures I'd love it for. I know some people complained about the straight vintage look of like Clawful, Buzz Off, etc. But to me the ones that look exactly like the vintage but just with improved articulation are some of my favorites in the line. I just feel 5 years old again whenever I have them in my hands!

No, thanks, just buy the vintage figures you need via ebay
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Whats next ?
    -------------------THE GREATEST MOVIE IN THE GALAXY ------------------------

I probably wouldn't want a full pack of these but there are some I would quite like I guess so it depends on what they could offer - Spikor in particular would be cool.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Definitely would like a Jitsu redo. And an extra elusive vintage He-Man head that came with Jungle He-Man (Oo-Larr).
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Roton 3) Road Ripper 4) Vintage Fright Zone 5) Dragon Walker 6) Land Shark

I totally need a vintage heads pack!
    Here's my list:
    1. Jitsu
    2. Fisto (we need the original head with the red hair!)
    3. Spikor (to ensure a replacement!)
    4. Ram Man (open eyes please!)
    5. Rio Blast (I miss that '70s look!)
    6. A couple of vintage He-Man heads
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Now that all the vintage figures are done, don't let MOTUC die, keep buyin' the figures!
    2016 will be great!!!

Yes to vintage toy Mantenna eye. These should be part of accessories poll.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199