Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Give your SOLUTIONS to make Blast Attak come apart. Let's hope Mattel is listening .

Give your SOLUTIONS to make Blast Attak come apart. Let's hope Mattel is listening .

Even though what we saw at the time of New York Comic Con 2014 looks very cool, many of us are disappointed that Blast Attak does not have his vintage action feature, splitting apart .

I have come up with a solution to solve that problem if it is not too late .

Mattel if you're reading this , if it is not too late , please make TWO Blast Attack action figures. The first main figure is the one we saw at the time of NYCC 2014, and the second figure of Blast Attack is a non - articulated bonus figure that DOES Snap apart .

The figure or figures could come in the same packaging as Orko/Prince Adam or Queen Marlena/Cringer . The bonus snap a part Blast Attack can be placed under the main figure reminiscent of the aforementioned characters/figures .

This way everyone can be satisfied.I hope it is not too late for this . Anyone else got any different ideas or do you like my idea ?
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Of all the vintage figures yet to be released, Blast Attak and Dragstor worry me the most. These are two figures that were built around their unique action-features (probably a good reason why so many of us have such fond memories of them), and may not have that same oomph in the Classics line...

Sadly, I think it's too late for Blast Attak, but just like Razz, Tung Lashor, and Gwildor (among others), I truly hope Mattel designs a unique buck for Dragstor - complete with spinning wheel, even if he does not have a ripcord.

It's too bad that Mattel didn't just take the Blast Attak figure they already made, and just "cut" it down the middle and add pins for him to click together / apart...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

It's WAAAAAAAY too late, and we have no indication, as yet, that anyone is still even listening.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by christop View Post
    Even though what we saw at the time of New York Comic Con 2014 looks very cool, many of us are disappointed that Blast Attak does not have his vintage action feature, splitting apart .

I have come up with a solution to solve that problem if it is not too late .

Mattel if you're reading this , if it is not too late , please make TWO Blast Attack action figures. The first main figure is the one we saw at the time of NYCC 2014, and the second figure of Blast Attack is a non - articulated bonus figure that DOES Snap apart .

The figure or figures could come in the same packaging as Orko/Prince Adam or Queen Marlena/Cringer . The bonus snap a part Blast Attack can be placed under the main figure reminiscent of the aforementioned characters/figures .

This way everyone can be satisfied.I hope it is not too late for this . Anyone else got any different ideas or do you like my idea ?
    Seriously?

After over 2000 posts here, THIS is a thread? Surely you've read SOMETHING from the MANY threads regarding production times...

You're better off trying to put toothpaste back in the tube.

I honestly can't believe the stuff that gets posted sometimes...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    Sadly it is too late.

Why they didn't at least implement the waist-split from Extendar and King Hiss and the removable arms from Trap-Jaw (and others) is a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Of all the vintage figures yet to be released, Blast Attak and Dragstor worry me the most. These are two figures that were built around their unique action-features (probably a good reason why so many of us have such fond memories of them), and may not have that same oomph in the Classics line...

Sadly, I think it's too late for Blast Attak,
    Agreed.

but just like Razz, Tung Lashor, and Gwildor (among others), I truly hope Mattel designs a unique buck for Dragstor - complete with spinning wheel, even if he does not have a ripcord.
    Agreed. A spinning wheel is a must.

I don't think anyone expects the rip cord action (if they do they haven't been paying attention since 2008). However just like Tri-Klops eyes rotate, Stonedar and Rokkon can transform into rocks, Moss-Man can be flocked and Extendar can have extension - so too must Dragstor have a wheel.

It's too bad that Mattel didn't just take the Blast Attak figure they already made, and just "cut" it down the middle and add pins for him to click together / apart...
    It's not rocket science. All Mattel needed to do was sculpt two new torsos for Blast Attak (or in this case half torsos) - just like they did for King Hiss, and put two plugs in so the two halves can snap together (like Modulok's parts snap together). I wouldn't have expected the ab-crunch for such a figure. I did however expect Blast Attak would get the treatment others have, no least of which Modulok is the perfect example.

I really think this is the answer here. With respect to the OP, we don't need a non-splitting Blast Attack figure and a non-articulated permanently split alternate figure, we needed a figure with two newly sculpted left and right half torsos that snap together the same or similar to how Modulok's parts snap together.

I can see no justification why Blast Attak is the only figure not to have some form of representation of his vintage feature.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; October 31, 2014 at 09:37pm.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    I rubber banded Blast attacks chest flap. It is as close to the chest a I could get it. His action feature would have been cool but I would have never displayed him with the flap open anyway.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by samantha View Post
    I rubber banded Blast attacks chest flap. It is as close to the chest a I could get it. His action feature would have been cool but I would have never displayed him with the flap open anyway.
    Huh? Do you mean Rio Blast? Because Blast Attack is an entirely different figure coming in 2015.

While I can understand everyone has their favourite characters or action features, I do not think there is any wide outcry about how Blast-Attack was designed.

Plus, yeah, its too late.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Honestly, I hope they won't change anything. In the end it may screw up that wonderful sculpt.
    Just think of Rokkon and Stonedar where they changed the rock parts in order to add their action feature. Those things are humongus now. Rio wasn't executed that well either.
    And don't get me started on Double Trouble...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    All Mattel needed to do was sculpt two new torsos for Blast Attak (or in this case half torsos) - just like they did for Modulok
    What does Modulok's second torso look like? The only one that came with my Modulok resembles the vintage toy's torso.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    It's not rocket science. All Mattel needed to do was sculpt two new torsos for Blast Attak (or in this case half torsos) - just like they did for Modulok, and put two plugs in so the two halves can snap together.
    You're right. It's not science, it's math.

Each year the team is given a budget by Mattel, and they have to decide how to best allocate those funds amongst all the figures being produced that year.

With Lizard Man and Squeeze getting brand new torso sculpts this year, and each year seeing, at most, 2 completely new-tooled figures, Blast Attak was not the one most deserving of those tooling dollars. His action feature has been eschewed, but he still *looks* like Blast Attack should look.

Other characters wouldn't even look right without new tooling, so it goes to them first.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Its disappointing that Blast Attack, wont have a splitting feature. but im sure some good customs, made with a workable split feature of some kind would be a good seller.

I understand some people wanting Blast Attack to "blast apart". However, it's a non-issue for me. The uniqueness of Lizard Man, Multi-Bot, Sssqueeze, amongst others to come I'm sure, made the possibility of Blast Attack coming apart vertically at the chest very low. Plus, action features being reproduced in this line has been hit and miss.

I know this isn't an ideal solution, but those who really need him to come apart in some way can heat up the bicep pice and the top of the legs and remove them, and he'll then be in pieces. Unfortunately there is no chance of them thinking of making any changes to the figure at this point.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

I don't mind that it doesn't blast apart, and i'm talking about my favorite vintage figure here.

My suggestion to this problem would be an extra armour that was sculpted to look as though the body was blasting apart through the middle.

Heroic Warrior
    These are adult collectibles , not really meant to be playable . The fewer action features the more durable they can be , seems like the more action features more problems ... Paint , cracking , loose joints. While I'm glad they are pose able and not statues . I really don't need any boring features of a guy that falls in half . Can only imagine coming home to see blast attack has fell apart causing a domino rally with all of my other figures .it really is one of the lamest actions of all the vintage figures IMO . In my advanced collection of tmnt figures I can find around 10 re used action features that were no doubt inspired by Motu ,squirting, power punch, wheels in body , telescope neck, telescope limbs ect. But I've never really seen another suicide bomber feature other than the crash dummies,and of all the features I can live without is a robot that pops into 2 halves .im just glad they are getting these figures period. I will be happy with whatever I get , I was so worried that when motuc ended I would have to fill these less popular figures spots with Spector , standor , marzo ect. I'm just glad we are getting the vintage guys even without features

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by christop
    Give your SOLUTIONS to make Blast Attak come apart. Let's hope Mattel is listening
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Im positive Mattel won't understand that, Judas.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    You're better off trying to put toothpaste back in the tube.
    So much this -----^^^
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I may be in the minority here but I'm glad Blast Attack doesn't come apart.He looks totally bad ass the way he is and can't wait to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    I may be in the minority here but I'm glad Blast Attack doesn't come apart.He looks totally bad ass the way he is and can't wait to get him.
    I've been borderline about it...but I'm pretty sure I'm with you on this. I don't see myself taking him apart more than once or twice anyway.

Matty need to get the liscence to make a Delorian from Back To The Future. Do a way better job than the mess that was the hoverboad. Once they have made the time machine you need to get someone to go back 6-12 months when a change would be possible and ask then, so they can tell you no action features.
    STOP READING THE BIOS!!!!!!!

Yeah, it sucks most of the motuc figures cant reproduce their vintage's action features, but we know all the story so far i.e. low budget, this is a tiny tiny tiny line for adult collectors and blah blah
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Looking forward to this figure, not one I had in my vintage collection, it may have been nice if you could detatch arms, legs etc, although having being able to split him roughly down the middle and have both sections stand independantly could have been cool. I guess it depends on what most people thought made this figure unique, how he looked or what he did, or a bit of both.