Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Illumina Support/Speculation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    An Illumina figure would be a nice exclusive to the org. as an olive branch even extended by Mattel.
    This would a GREAT and appropriate gesture!

And a "He-Man.org exclusive figure" is looooooooooooooooooong overdue! Seriously.

And Illumina and her Cat are PERFECT candidates for the exclusive since 1) they're MVC characters and 2) would be cheap repaints with minimal new tooling, and 3) what better place than here at the .org to find the largest fan base for these two particular characters?
    – No comment.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Huh?
    Care to be more specific?

I'm all for more female characters. Including one that are what is it called? Fan Pitched character? As for a .Org exclusive figure. Can I just say that it will never happen! I get the feeling that Mattel just doesn't like .Org that much. We're like the black sheep of the fandom.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I'm all for more female characters. Including one that are what is it called? Fan Pitched character? As for a .Org exclusive figure. Can I just say that it will never happen! I get the feeling that Mattel just doesn't like .Org that much. We're like the black sheep of the fandom.
    I get that feeling, too. Which is totally lame of them. I would never have gotten back in to MOTU if it weren't for the Org.

I want Illumina. I have no idea who she is. But she seems cool. Especially if she rides a cat.

I want the Big Jim Tiger and the Tarzan Jungle Cat from 1971, too.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, they could EASILY make her by just using a new head, new accessories and the old Evil Lyn/Teela/Goddess body, thus making an easy profit from an existing mold by making her a bonus character.

I mean, Hasbro does user polls to decide what Star Wars figure to make as a result of that poll ALL THE TIME. C'Mon Mattel....get with the program.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I get the feeling that Mattel just doesn't like .Org that much. We're like the black sheep of the fandom.
    Which doesn't make sense to me. I mean...we basically ARE the fandom!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I like the look of Illumina so I would definitely pick up 2, 1 loose and 1 MOC

Maybe 2011 exclusive?

I don't like the female figures but I want her!

I was so happy to hear about Moss Man's ear's then in the next breath, I found out about Illumina and was very dissapointed

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I would definitely like an illumina figure. Ever since I saw her design, I thought she would make a very cool action figure. I'm surprised that Mattel seems opposed to her and their reasoning makes no sense. All MOTU fiction is out of print, not just these comics.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I would buy Illumina and her cat, but I won't lose sleep if she comes later on. She should be included, though.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'm on board, so on board that after seeing those images in the first post I'm thankful I'm broke right now or else I'd be on ebay looking for a Teela to customize.

You bet your great aunt Sally I want an Illumina!
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

I'll take two and put her right beside the even more confusing Wun-dar figures with loaf of bread accessory on my shelf.
    Auto-reply: out of the office until further notice, please shoot me an e-mail below or wait for a long time to hear back... happy MOTUCing

E-mail me:
    boggs32@marshall.edu

Thanks Guys! (my Positives in TR):
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...threadid=62577

Quote Originally Posted by boggs32 View Post
    I'll take two and put her right beside the even more confusing Wun-dar figures with loaf of bread accessory on my shelf.
    If her backstory is "too complicated", maybe they can just say she helps Wun-Dar bake his bread!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

i want her!
    YOU don't tell fans what they want fans tell you what they want mattel

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Nomadic Warrior of Illumination? I'd buy as many as I could afford.

I'm not really fussed. She looks cool, we just know too little about her. I think Mattel made a mistake in their poor response to why they won't release her. I think the problem is that the fans want everyone - Illumina, Gwildor, Plundor... some of these characters are lame and should not be ressurrected. Illumina would stand a better chance if we all didn't want every obscure character that ever made an appearance somewhere...

I am more concerned with some people's response to suggest that these characters can just me made up using pick 'n' mix parts from MOTUC. I would rather NOT have Illumina if it meant having a Teela body. The fact that Optikk is using Trap Jaw parts (when the NA version didn't use MOTU parts) is wrong and a step backwards. I'm just glad that it isn't on a charatcer I care about. If Sy-Klone comes out with He-Man legs I will not be impressed.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I don't like the idea that they're dismissing characters they see as Fan-Pitched.

I'd rather they went the other way occasionly and asked the Org to allow them to use fan created characters that have won the contests on this site such as Po-Lar, Oo-Zor, ThugBug, Copperhead etc. It'd be nice to get new characters like that mixed in with the classic favourites maybe one or two a year, and have characters a lot of us have had input on becoming canon.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I'm not really fussed. She looks cool, we just know too little about her. I think Mattel made a mistake in their poor response to why they won't release her. I think the problem is that the fans want everyone - Illumina, Gwildor, Plundor... some of these characters are lame and should not be ressurrected. Illumina would stand a better chance if we all didn't want every obscure character that ever made an appearance somewhere...
    Even though you think those characters are lame, that's no reason not to make them. A lot of fans think they're cool and that they deserve to be released.

I am more concerned with some people's response to suggest that these characters can just me made up using pick 'n' mix parts from MOTUC. I would rather NOT have Illumina if it meant having a Teela body. The fact that Optikk is using Trap Jaw parts (when the NA version didn't use MOTU parts) is wrong and a step backwards. I'm just glad that it isn't on a charatcer I care about. If Sy-Klone comes out with He-Man legs I will not be impressed.
    Optikk was never a MOTU figure. The unique parts rule doesn't really apply to PoP or NA figures, as this is the first time they are being made in the style of the vintage He-Man figures.

Think of it this way: How would Optikk have looked if he'd been released as part of MOTU in 1989, instead of the separate NA toyline? He'd probably have had Man-E-Faces limbs, just as he does now.

That's a losing battle. MOTUC is a retro line. They are making these with reused parts. Sy-Klone will most definitely have He-Man legs with new boots. He'll probably have the Optikk crotch piece too and He-Man arms with just a glued-on part for the blue fins. As realists, we Illumina fans are pointing out how to make Illumina easily in this model. I don't like the reused parts either, but it's a characteristic of this line, and I want to make the most it I can--in this case, advocating a character I want to see made in plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    ...Optikk was never a MOTU figure. The unique parts rule doesn't really apply to PoP or NA figures, as this is the first time they are being made in the style of the vintage He-Man figures.

Think of it this way: How would Optikk have looked if he'd been released as part of MOTU in 1989, instead of the separate NA toyline? He'd probably have had Man-E-Faces limbs, just as he does now.
    I don't know about that. By '87 many characters were getting their own sculpts.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That's a losing battle. MOTUC is a retro line. They are making these with reused parts. Sy-Klone will most definitely have He-Man legs with new boots. He'll probably have the Optikk crotch piece too and He-Man arms with just a glued-on part for the blue fins. As realists, we Illumina fans are pointing out how to make Illumina easily in this model. I don't like the reused parts either, but it's a characteristic of this line, and I want to make the most it I can--in this case, advocating a character I want to see made in plastic.
    I disagree. I am happy that mattel are re-using parts like they did in the 80s, but I do not want them to exaggerate the cost saving measure. I understand that the desire for charaters like Illumina has allowed fans to say to Mattel that they can re-use parts, bt they are sending the message to Mattel that they can re-use parts more than they need to.

I understand that the desire for charaters like Illumina has allowed fans to say to Mattel that they can re-use parts, bt they are sending the message to Mattel that they can re-use parts more than they need to.
    We're not sending the message. Toyguru sent us the message and we're working with what's possible. Here's a quote from Toyguru on the Matty boards:

If a figure was not in the vintage line, such as say Count Marzo or Lord Dactus, we will do him in MOTUC as if he HAD a figure in the vintage line and we are "updating" him. So we will include 200X characters from the show, just not the ultra detail style with anime flair.

We'll also look at how a 200X figure might have used shared parts based on what was available in the vintage line. We think this will really bring some magic to these characters when we get to them in MOTUC!

Hope this clears things up!

TG
    Link to full post: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5?r=4551077895

yeah, cool. I understand. But Marzo never had a fig so to make him with recycled parts is not so bad - even then, the recycled parts should not compromise the charatcer. Sy-Kone did have a fig in the 80s, so there's no excuse to give him non-Sykone parts.

yeah, cool. I understand. But Marzo never had a fig so to make him with recycled parts is not so bad - even then, the recycled parts should not compromise the charatcer. Sy-Kone did have a fig in the 80s, so there's no excuse to give him non-Sykone parts.
    For Sy-Klone, I expect them to do the following:

New Parts:

- head
    - boots
    - gloves
    - chest armour (like they're doing with Optikk)

Everything else will be re-used pieces.

Things I'm not certain about:

- loincloth (very similar to Roboto's/Optikk's but has a different belt)
    - arms (new upper and lower arms, or they will just add the "fins" on)

meh i actually do not want her.

there are still alot of characters i want before her.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!