Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Illumina Support/Speculation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Well, I don't know what Illumina's role was int he comic series. But she could easily be brought into the MOTUC fold. Why not have her as a teacher to Battle Ground Teela or something? If she was trained in the ice mountains and all. If memory serves. Wasn't she wearing winter type clothes?
    She was to have been a secret Guardian of Grayskull who apparently crossed swords with a young Man-At-Arms and Dekker--which suggests to me that they encountered her before MAA knew much about Grayskull. She was trapped in the Dark Hemisphere when the Mystic Wall went up, so she either went rogue or made a sacrifice to protect the Light Hemisphere (or she was considered a casualty and would now be righteously PO'd). No, she didn't have winter clothes, she was just dressed all in white. We already know that whatever was planned, Toyguru thinks it's at odds with the MOTUC plans, so her history would have to change to fit that (again, to get the figure, I'd be fine with that).

As far as i know, she never had an official story, she just had the preview picture but that comic didnīt came out, correct me if iīm wrong.

So, i say Mattel can give her any backstory as long as she is made in MOTUC, she simply deserves an action figure!

She had a planned story and back then Mattel was cool with the plan, BUT this is MOTUC canon so Mattel can technically do whatever the heck they want.

I think if they did do up her story, they'd be pretty faithful to the basic ideas of her planned 200x story. Scott has included much of the existing material character to character or at least nods to stuff. I would guess he'd do the same with a MOTUC Illumina.

I guess we'll find out if she ever happens.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    She had a planned story and back then Mattel was cool with the plan, BUT this is MOTUC canon so Mattel can technically do whatever the heck they want.

I think if they did do up her story, they'd be pretty faithful to the basic ideas of her planned 200x story. Scott has included much of the existing material character to character or at least nods to stuff. I would guess he'd do the same with a MOTUC Illumina.

Nd hopefully she does. That is all.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

From what we've been told about Illumina and the Guardians of Grayskull I think they would fit in fine as allies of the 'He-Men' who protect the sword of power through the ages in the MOTUC canon.

Here's her entry from Telkan2's MVC Comics - Collected Info thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=196349

Illumina:

Little is known about the blue-skinned warrior named Illumina. It is known, however, that she is a descendant of the Gar refugees that came to Eternia after the destruction of Infinitia and that she was a member of the Guardians of Grayskull (a secret sect devoted to the preservation of Castle Grayskull’s secrets throughout time).

At one point in her life, Illumina was known as one of the strongest proponents of anti-Eternian sentiments amongst her fellow Gar. Accordingly, she was a fierce proponent against efforts to integrate the Eternian and Gar peoples. What remains unknown, however, is what (if any) role Illumina had in the ruination of Captain Miro’s planned union with the mother of Keldor and the subsequent Gar massacre instigated by Count Marzo and other segregationists. Whatever the cause, with age Illumina’s views changed and she eventually sought atonement and repentance past for misdeeds.

At the time when the Mystic Wall was created she was on the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia, which effectively trapped her there. Fortunately, in addition to being a great strategist and possessing formidable fighting skills (especially with melee weapons), she has the power to control light and can even blind her opponents when those other talents are not enough. Prior to being caught on Dark Hemisphere she assisted Dekker in the teaching of Duncan.

Although a heroic force, it has been said that she was very cold blooded. Also, a common misconception is that she is in some way related to Keldor; however, beyond their shared Gar heritage there is no connection between them. Similarly, many believe her mount to be a descendant of the Battle Cats of old, while, in fact, her white-furred companion is an entirely different species that is genetically closer to the blood-thirsty Panthor.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    Wow... I would actually buy atleast 3 of her if she's exactly like the first picture, could us her for 2 of my Next He-Man concept customs.

Put me down for Illumina and her cat. The character looks awesome.

I would also like Illumina. I do think she would be a perfect canidate for a future sub exclusive figure. She's obscure enough that her abscence from non subscriber's collections wouldn't matter, but she looks cool enough that she'd be a neat figure to have. Just like Wundar.

I really want her in the line.

Kei Liger's custom of her was great and I think that in addition to Battle Lion the line needs some more large cats too - why not an albino one!

I like the idea of her being Keldor's Mother even if it wasn't planned that way in the 200X back-story.

C'mon TG ... we really want her!
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

Oh that is more encouraging than what I thought we could hope for! I really would like her in the line, and if she can remain more or less intact character-wise, even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Yogopop View Post
    I like the idea of her being Keldor's Mother even if it wasn't planned that way in the 200X back-story.

C'mon TG ... we really want her!
    I hope she's not his mom. I expect the Horsemen to invent someone new for that honestly. I'd rather they not change Illumina that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I would also like Illumina. I do think she would be a perfect canidate for a future sub exclusive figure. She's obscure enough that her abscence from non subscriber's collections wouldn't matter, but she looks cool enough that she'd be a neat figure to have. Just like Wundar.
    I feel she has more innate coolness than Wun-Dar ever could have, and I'd like it best if she could come with her cat (so probably not a sub exclusive since those have all been only $20), but if she'll only fit in as an exclusive, then that's better than nothing.
    Last edited by gbagok; July 5, 2011 at 04:55pm.

Amazing looking character. I think she would translate wonderfully to Classics. Imagine if she were the sub figure? It'd be like Mattel was printing money with Subscriptions!

Although I would like her as a regular monthly figure so that folks can get multiples more easily or so that fans can just order her if she wants, but she does seem like a good sub exclusive type figure.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Illumina is overdue - she would make a perfect SDCC or Sub exclusive.

I only know her image, but that image is very striking and she looks like most of the parts she'd use are already in play. She'd make an excellent addition to the Classics line.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Illumina would rock my stripey socks off. She'd look really cool as a figure.

I'd buy one.

Illumina, and her cat, would be "unexpected."
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Illumina, and her cat, would be "unexpected."
    This would be awesome!!

I want Illumina. I can use her white tiger for my Siegfried & Roy playset.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I want her too

Was just discussing Illumina with friends today... great opportunity to lend my voice to those in support of an Illumina figure for the Classics line!

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Well then that means the ball is totally in Toyguru's court regarding whether Illumina and her cat will be made or not.
    That's fact.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Well then that means the ball is totally in Toyguru's court regarding whether Illumina and her cat will be made or not.
    Then we should slap an Indigo, or Blue Lantern symbol on her, maybe that'll help get TG moving on this figure.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I'm sure that if Illumina is intented by Mattel to be released in MotUC, she WILL come. Sooner or later. Time will show it.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    great to see all this build up of support for Illumina in motuc.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I support the lady and her tiger.
    I love an all inclusive canon!