Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Illumina Support/Speculation thread!

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Just want to add my voice of support for Illumina!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    yeah give us what we want! NOW!!!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This is from BRUTICUS on Matty's forums:

Fans should organize a "Illumina Day", where every MOTU fan site showcases the character with as much information they have about her. Have fan customs, art, and fic of her as well.
    It would take alot of work to get that to happen, but I bet if it did, that would bring the awareness to her character and increase her likelihood of getting made.

Members on her could make her their profile pic to support her as well.
    Maybe somebody could even make a banner for sigs (100 pixels high x 400 pixels wide) for the cause.
    I 100% support this idea. Do you think December 15th would be enough time for people to make art, customs, etc.? I think it should DEFINITELY be the day of a Matty sale. People are online to make orders, say they ordered, check the .org, Matty, etc. to see if the site had problems or whatever.

What do you guy's think?

I say we title it "Illuminate The Dark!" because we're spreading the word or "spotlighting" who she is.

We all just need to agree on a time frame (2,3,5 months away). Whatever is a good enough amount of time for people to get fan creations done for the day to happen.

I will for sure make promotional posters to post on different sites and Facebook.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

i would be down for that!

just got this from TG...there are more then 50 of us....

me
    now that we have the Mighty Spector who had the fan support of 1 can you stop saying Illumina needs more fan support?
    she's got 10X more then Mighty Spector...i like his look but he's NO Illumina

from TG
    I addressed this today at the hour long Q & A at Power Con, but let me see if I can review.

Illumina is not a highly demanded figure.

She is a figure that the same 50 fan forum members request over and over. We know because we did an analysis of fan forums and reviewed how many unique posters their are.

Further, in a recent poll, only 171 people voted for her to be made. 171. Honestly, that is tiny. Especially in light of the thousands of subs we have sold.

The internet gives every fan a voice and the medium by definition tend to sku "demand" because it allows a very small minority to be louder then they really are. The same 50 people posting over and over again does not translate to a character being highly demanded by the larger toy buying customer base. Yes, the 50- fans on He-Man.org really want this figure, and they are very passionate, but that simply does not translate to a figure being highly demanded outside of this very small group.

The Mighty Spector is an all new character introduced into the 30th line. Of course no one was demanding him. No one knew about him before Power Con. He fills a slot in the 30th line as an all new figure. Illumina as an existing figure does not qualify as an all new figure for this sub line within MOTUC.

We certainly can get to her one day, but do fans really want her to bump another figure like Ram Man, Frosta, Flogg, or even Dragstor? I asked this at Power Con and the audience clearly felt Ram Man, Frosta, etc... should come first.

Comparing Illumina and any of the 6 30th figures is not really a fair comparison as they do not take up the same slots. She would be a standard monthly figure, Spector never would be. He only works for the 30th line.

I imagine we will get to her one day, but we are really focusing on actual fan demanded characters first like the vintage line, POP, 200X characters, NA and so forth. Outside of the same 50 people posting over and over again, the "demand" really is minimal.

This isn't meant to be negative, just looking at the facts!

We know a small minority really want her. And she is cool. We just have a lot more figures we (and the majority of fans) seem to want first. Maybe down the road. No one is saying she is off the table, she just is not a priority to rush to plastic. ;-)

TG

new post up about her! now it's the Dark overlord Boss-Man thats stopping us from getting her...oh but now we are up to only 250 wanting her so he is admitting it's more then 50 lol
    and i love the threat that getting her will bump off another fig...that really help!

RockinHard
    A follow up to your earlier post about Illumina. Can you answer how many people demanded Vikor, Gygor, and Demo-Man in comparison to Illumina? Are you saying that more people demanded those three over Illumina?

TG
    Think of it this way. I would have a lot easier time going to my boss and saying we want to do a figure based on concept art for He-Man or Skeletor or an unproduced prototype from the vintage line vs. A character who appeared in a pin up and in the background of a comic issue. The others have a lot more "cool" appeal for my bosses. If we are to do Illumina I would need more then 1 appearance and about 50 very vocal posters and another 200 or so lurkers.

You sign up 5K unique fans and we'll push her up in the schedule. (not just fans who want her, but want her to come out sooner pushing off another non 30th or non main sub figure)
    Last edited by Dark Sorceress; September 26, 2011 at 01:09am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    What a ^%#* move to compare her to Ram Man.

Think of all the characters that could be considered obscure, then ask if people would rather have that character over an A-lister.

So I guess characters like Goat Man, Lord Masque, Prahvus, Strongarm, Lizard Man, or Fang Man will never be made because they might bump an A-lister like Ram Man.

ya that really bugged me to *you can have her but then you will never get Ram Man! suck on that Illumina fans!*

If Toyguru was as big a fan of Illumina as he is of Chief Carnivus she would have been made by now.

I could be wrong, but I still think the lack of Illumina is due in large part to the past bad blood between Mattel & her creators.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Man Toy Guru's PS skills are really poor aren't they?
    I guess I would qualify as a "lurker" ,whatever the hell that is, as I haven't posted on this thread. But I think she would be cool and she has every right to be made. Count me in the 5000 needed.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Warrior View Post
    I guess I would qualify as a "lurker" ,whatever the hell that is, as I haven't posted on this thread.
    You just gave yourself the definition of a lurker and yes, you are one. Well, not any more now, I guess
    Positivity, folks!
    Let┤s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I like the idea of an Illumina day. I might even draw myself a new avatar pic featuring Illumina by then.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    You just gave yourself the definition of a lurker and yes, you are one. Well, not any more now, I guess
    No longer a lurker? Marvelous.
    I guess I just found Toy Guru's description of people who read posts and discussions but don't necesarily have to comment on everything amusing/insulting. Anyway I hope they make Illumina as she is one cool cat
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I could be wrong, but I still think the lack of Illumina is due in large part to the past bad blood between Mattel & her creators.
    I agree that this is part of the issue. As bcrduke pointed out, during the Q&A panel when Illumina was brought up Scott was very quick to say it was not personal due to the falling out between Mattel and other parties. That issue was not mentioned in either question pertaining to Illumina so that fact that it was on Scott's mind makes me think it is in fact part of it.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I agree that this is part of the issue. As bcrduke pointed out, during the Q&A panel when Illumina was brought up Scott was very quick to say it was not personal due to the falling out between Mattel and other parties. That issue was not mentioned in either question pertaining to Illumina so that fact that it was on Scott's mind makes me think it is in fact part of it.
    Even if it's not on Scott's part(he wasn't working for Mattel when MVC made the MOTU comic), he seems to have to present everything to his bosses no matter how minute the detail. Maybe some of them were around for the 2002 era?

When you're discussing big business, it's much easier to find egos than logic. Look at Warner Bros. They're sitting on the rights to a movie that bombed(Masters Of The Universe) but still won't let Mattel touch it since they weren't offering enough money. I guess "pride" is more important than more money.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Just wanted to post these in the official support thread (made by Baena):

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    This is from BRUTICUS on Matty's forums:

I 100% support this idea. Do you think December 15th would be enough time for people to make art, customs, etc.? I think it should DEFINITELY be the day of a Matty sale. People are online to make orders, say they ordered, check the .org, Matty, etc. to see if the site had problems or whatever.

What do you guy's think?

I say we title it "Illuminate The Dark!" because we're spreading the word or "spotlighting" who she is.

We all just need to agree on a time frame (2,3,5 months away). Whatever is a good enough amount of time for people to get fan creations done for the day to happen.

I will for sure make promotional posters to post on different sites and Facebook.
    If the organized effort to make Masters of the Universe a trending topic on Twitter did not work, do you honestly think that this will?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    If the organized effort to make Masters of the Universe a trending topic on Twitter did not work, do you honestly think that this will?
    If everyone who wants an Illumina takes part, and spreads the word on all the big toy sites that discuss MOTUC at all (.org, Matty, AFI, TheFwoosh, PoeGhostal, CoolToyReview, mwctoys, pop culture network, MTV reviewer guy, OAFE, all the sites that do MOTUC monthly Q&A's), I think we could get a very good showing.

I mean, come on, it would be a fun event no matter what the outcome.

A lot of people don't want anything to do with Twitter. Drawing, even a stick person and posting it online is more fun.

If everyone who wants an Illumina takes part, and spreads the word on all the big toy sites that discuss MOTUC at all (.org, Matty, AFI, TheFwoosh, PoeGhostal, CoolToyReview, mwctoys, pop culture network, MTV reviewer guy, OAFE, all the sites that do MOTUC monthly Q&A's), I think we could get a very good showing.

A lot of people don't want anything to do with Twitter. Drawing, even a stick person and posting it online is more fun.
    it can't hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    TG
    Think of it this way. I would have a lot easier time going to my boss and saying we want to do a figure based on concept art for He-Man or Skeletor or an unproduced prototype from the vintage line vs. A character who appeared in a pin up and in the background of a comic issue. The others have a lot more "cool" appeal for my bosses. If we are to do Illumina I would need more then 1 appearance and about 50 very vocal posters and another 200 or so lurkers.

You sign up 5K unique fans and we'll push her up in the schedule. (not just fans who want her, but want her to come out sooner pushing off another non 30th or non main sub figure)
    Ah yes, that's what I figured. In the end, that's the key ingredient. Do we have a gif of the Emperor saying "you will pay the price for your lack of vision![ZAP]"

The point is that if the approximately 8,000 registered users on He-Man.org could not be organized to support Masters of the Universe on Twitter, what makes he or you or anyone else think that the requisite 5,000 people can be organized to support a character that is relatively unknown outside of this forum and is only supported by approximately 68% of the active users here?

When this effort fails to get 5,000 supporters, it will only prove to Scott that he was right, that supporters are "more vocal than numerous."

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The point is that if the approximately 8,000 registered users on He-Man.org could not be organized to support Masters of the Universe on Twitter, what makes he or you or anyone else think that the requisite 5,000 people can be organized to support a character that is relatively unknown outside of this forum and is only supported by approximately 68% of the active users here?

When this effort fails to get 5,000 supporters, it will only prove to Scott that he was right, that supporters are "more vocal than numerous."
    i don't know anyone who's on twitter lol

i don't know anyone who's on twitter lol
    That is incidental. The organized effort to make Masters of the Universe a trending topic on Twitter focused on a built-in audience, i.e. registered members of He-Man.org, who by virtue of being registered members, are already supportive of the Masters of the Universe property. If an audience that is already supportive of Masters of the Universe cannot be mobilized to support Masters of the Universe, then what hope is there to mobilize people to support a relatively unknown Masters of the Universe character in even greater numbers? It belies reason.

I have joined the Facebook group actively supporting Illumina. I personally think she is a great looking character who has an aura of mystery around her. I understand that other folks don't want her. That's fine as well. What bothers me is the possibility that this is a Sisyphean task. Why exactly are 5,000 fans required before a figure can be made or bumped up on the line? While I will support this campaign wholeheartedly, I can't help but feel that this is a case of ToyGuru playing games and will lead to more of him arguing "semantics".

I just want to look at a few numbers: Mattycollector, a free site to register on and the site where the MOTUC figures are sold, only has 5,711 registered users. That's for a site that deals in MOTUC, DCUC, Ghostbusters, Voltron, and a few other smaller lines. Basically ToyGuru is asking for almost as many folks to join a campaign for Illumina as are registered on his own site.

MattyCollector's Facebook group has a little over 14,000 followers, once again split over a number of different lines (while recognizing there is some overlap). Even if we assume that every fan on that page is a MOTUC purchaser (which most likely is not the case), Toyguru is asking for over 1/3 of that group to express their desire for this figure. The Facebook page "Masters of the Universe Classics" only has between 2,000 and 3,000 members.

Here's my question: If ToyGuru said that they needed 5,000 members or Mattel wouldn't produce any more NA, concept figures, 30th anniv. figures, or even POP figures, could any of those groups muster enough support? Heck, if ToyGuru said that Mattel needed to have a group of 5,000 people to produce Ram-Man, could we get enough support? Are there even that many subscribers? Who knows.

I'll keep fighting and campaigning, but once again, I can't help but feel that ToyGuru is just asking for the moon to keep from making this figure.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

we have hit 170 fans!

EDIT
    we have hit 183 fans! so we are now past the 3rd total TG gave us now we need to pass 250 *the 4th total TG gave us...on the same day lol*
    Last edited by Dark Sorceress; September 28, 2011 at 01:30am.

we have hit 170 fans! http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...cons/ILeek.gif

EDIT
    we have hit 183 fans! so we are now past the 3rd total TG gave us now we need to pass 250 *the 4th total TG gave us...on the same day lol*
    What are the various totals he requested? I know of 50 fans and 171 from the previous poll. Where did 250 come in?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"