Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Illumina Support/Speculation thread!

He's just trying to keep tossing hurdles because he is mad at people not liking Purplepool Gary Stu McFly!

Seriously, I have no Idea why he keeps tossing random numbers to put Illumina down.
    Last edited by DO4M; September 28, 2011 at 01:49pm.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    What are the various totals he requested? I know of 50 fans and 171 from the previous poll. Where did 250 come in?
    every time we show she's got more fan's then they say we get a new number when we hit 5,000 he will say she needs 20,000 lol

i asked Matty to be a fan of Illumina...wonder if he will
    http://www.facebook.com/MattyCollect...lector?sk=wall
    Last edited by Dark Sorceress; September 28, 2011 at 09:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post

i asked Matty to be a fan of Illumina...wonder if he will
    http://www.facebook.com/MattyCollect...lector?sk=wall
    I'm not sure a group can become a fan of another group

As some of you may or may not be aware, I don't really care about Illumina, but despite what some people may think that doesn't mean I don't think you guys should reach your number of 5k, personally you guys should blow it out of the water. (I thought I made that pretty clear in my OTHER posts, but some people just see a differing opinion and nothin else)

Anyway, my point, I used to promote a wrestling company I used to work for. We were at a lull of 150-200 people per show for a few months, we got creative, we got aggressive and passionate, and we now get crowds of 600+ (Extremely good numbers for an indy fed) Anyway the same principles apply here tho it is a different medium in theory, anyway these may help you guys,

1, spam the heck out of that page on your OWN face book pages or spam link it to all your friends, there are some codes that let you do it, it may get some of your friends to unfriend you or block you updates, but if 100 of you guys can get even 2 friends to sign up you triple your numbers. then those 200 people do it, and they get 2 each, u just exploded in numbers and it keeps growing.
    2, limit it to a group or fan page u can like or something, multiple pages are going to destroy you and your numbers.
    3, find out every website that does matty q & a's, post a thread about who illumina is, her backstory, and what ur goal is. create a reason for people to care about her, lots of people have issues with mattel for various reasons, exploit that, tell them, hey, u wanna get back at mattel? guess what, they HATE this character because they have beef with the creators, so join the campaign to get her made! i dont even know what the backstory IS! i just know it exists, i don't really care, but i know there is one. actually... i kinda wanna know what the supposed issues were!!! is there a post one can link me? anyway, get the matty nay sayers on board!! this is a great way for them to "stick it to matty"
    4, make sure to bump the **** out of those threads
    5, change ur avatar pics, not for a day, until she is made, or u reach ur number. why wait til the 15th to make a protest when it takes 20 seconds to change ur avatar and sig and can just leave it for when u eventually do a major protest day
    6, not for nothin, most toy fans are lazy nerds, they wont do a day of recognition thing, so see #5, also, make it as easy as possible for people to join your cause.
    7, don't come off as whining, whether or not you are, the internet can be read a multitude of various ways, so try your hardest to not sound whiny in threads, itll turn people off from your cause and gather heat, that's a fact. To be perfectly honest, i kinda wish you guys would get her already just to stop the moaning about her every time something stupid and new to motuc cannon gets introduced.

and finally, my last words of wisdom, realize, mattel is gonna screw u guys over even if they make her, shell be wearing teelas armor most likely, but when they do that, just know they did it while cursing out your successful campaign.

again, i don't care for her at all, as i have my own want list of like 40 other characters i feel should be made before her, but i wont not get her as i get the subs, so, hopefully some of my tips help, of course, im sure scott may eventually respond with "Who are these random 4000 people u guys got?!"

also know this, if u guys get her, and IF she lasts on sale forever, scott will say i told u so, and we'll probably be punished by never getting ram man, cause mattel did that once with clawful, cause we didn't buy spin blades and discos, tho NO ONE wanted those, except for like 3 people. Scott will also say i told you so if you get nowhere near 5k supporters so... imho u guys gotta fight as u got nothing to loseat this point

btw, to raise our numbers by 400 we handed out/plastered/stuck in cars windows about 5000 flyers over 3 months, in addition to websites, message boards, news ads. So to reach your number of 5k ur REALLY gonna have to get aggressive (keeping the conversation here probably isn't gonna be enough)
    Last edited by jackstatic; September 28, 2011 at 11:55pm.
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    I'm not sure a group can become a fan of another group

As some of you may or may not be aware, I don't really care about Illumina, but despite what some people may think that doesn't mean I don't think you guys should reach your number of 5k, personally you guys should blow it out of the water. (I thought I made that pretty clear in my OTHER posts, but some people just see a differing opinion and nothin else)

Anyway, my point, I used to promote a wrestling company I used to work for. We were at a lull of 150-200 people per show for a few months, we got creative, we got aggressive and passionate, and we now get crowds of 600+ (Extremely good numbers for an indy fed) Anyway the same principles apply here tho it is a different medium in theory, anyway these may help you guys,

1, spam the heck out of that page on your OWN face book pages or spam link it to all your friends, there are some codes that let you do it, it may get some of your friends to unfriend you or block you updates, but if 100 of you guys can get even 2 friends to sign up you triple your numbers. then those 200 people do it, and they get 2 each, u just exploded in numbers and it keeps growing.
    2, limit it to a group or fan page u can like or something, multiple pages are going to destroy you and your numbers.
    3, find out every website that does matty q & a's, post a thread about who illumina is, her backstory, and what ur goal is. create a reason for people to care about her, lots of people have issues with mattel for various reasons, exploit that, tell them, hey, u wanna get back at mattel? guess what, they HATE this character because they have beef with the creators, so join the campaign to get her made! i dont even know what the backstory IS! i just know it exists, i don't really care, but i know there is one. actually... i kinda wanna know what the supposed issues were!!! is there a post one can link me? anyway, get the matty nay sayers on board!! this is a great way for them to "stick it to matty"
    4, make sure to bump the **** out of those threads
    5, change ur avatar pics, not for a day, until she is made, or u reach ur number. why wait til the 15th to make a protest when it takes 20 seconds to change ur avatar and sig and can just leave it for when u eventually do a major protest day
    6, not for nothin, most toy fans are lazy nerds, they wont do a day of recognition thing, so see #5, also, make it as easy as possible for people to join your cause.
    7, don't come off as whining, whether or not you are, the internet can be read a multitude of various ways, so try your hardest to not sound whiny in threads, itll turn people off from your cause and gather heat, that's a fact. To be perfectly honest, i kinda wish you guys would get her already just to stop the moaning about her every time something stupid and new to motuc cannon gets introduced.

and finally, my last words of wisdom, realize, mattel is gonna screw u guys over even if they make her, shell be wearing teelas armor most likely, but when they do that, just know they did it while cursing out your successful campaign.

again, i don't care for her at all, as i have my own want list of like 40 other characters i feel should be made before her, but i wont not get her as i get the subs, so, hopefully some of my tips help, of course, im sure scott may eventually respond with "Who are these random 4000 people u guys got?!"

also know this, if u guys get her, and IF she lasts on sale forever, scott will say i told u so, and we'll probably be punished by never getting ram man, cause mattel did that once with clawful, cause we didn't buy spin blades and discos, tho NO ONE wanted those, except for like 3 people. Scott will also say i told you so if you get nowhere near 5k supporters so... imho u guys gotta fight as u got nothing to loseat this point

btw, to raise our numbers by 400 we handed out/plastered/stuck in cars windows about 5000 flyers over 3 months, in addition to websites, message boards, news ads. So to reach your number of 5k ur REALLY gonna have to get aggressive (keeping the conversation here probably isn't gonna be enough)
    that is some good info thanks man
    just hit 191 fans!

*Edit* now 211!
    Last edited by Dark Sorceress; September 29, 2011 at 02:32pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Best Illumina news from Toyguru so far!

Not saying she will never happen. She just isn't a huge priority to rush to. I imagine we will get to her down the line if fan demand continues.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...717#6921096717

We just have to keep up the support!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Wearing him down one post at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Best Illumina news from Toyguru so far!

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...717#6921096717

sad part, if he would have made this statement when first asked about her and not gone into that 5000 people thing, there would have been very little negative comments about him with this figure
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    sad part, if he would have made this statement when first asked about her and not gone into that 5000 people thing, there would have been very little negative comments about him with this figure
    No, the sad part is the reactionary behavior from people who do not have all of the information. He made that statement at the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    No, the sad part is the reactionary behavior from people who do not have all of the information. He made that statement at the panel.
    No I know that I was there. I guess should have said it better. It would have given people less stuff to blow out of portion.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Agreed. I tried to make this point in another thread, but c'est la vie. As jackstatic pointed out some people just see a differing opinion and nothing else. It happens .

And TG actually reiterated this point Sunday night via a post on the Matty forums:

We know a small minority really want her. And she is cool. We just have a lot more figures we (and the majority of fans) seem to want first. Maybe down the road. No one is saying she is off the table, she just is not a priority to rush to plastic.
    It's been posted before in various other threads, the full statement of which can be found here: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/8841018617

Regards,
    Victor P.

ok guys some very cool news i'm talking to a A-list celebrity with ties to MOTU about sending some love Illumina's way on facebook and i bet it will give her a boost cross your fingers!

For some reason I see Illumina, if she is ever made, as a Teela repaint with a new head & possibly a repainted Battle Cat. If that's the case, will we then have another Battleground Evil-Lyn all over again in terms of fan outrage?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    For some reason I see Illumina, if she is ever made, as a Teela repaint with a new head & possibly a repainted Battle Cat. If that's the case, will we then have another Battleground Evil-Lyn all over again in terms of fan outrage?
    In terms of the leotard, I'd say yes. But, if TG came out with a statement explaining the re-use as a cost saving measure that was necessary to get her included (and if it made sense) then most fans would probably get over it and be excited that Illumina finally exists in figure form.

This character has "specialty deluxe" written all over it. The straight up Battle Cat re-use and the many standard parts of the female form would keep this figure's developmental costs down. This is a terrific $40 sku for the line.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

from me there would be that dress needs to be ONLY on Teela

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    In terms of the leotard, I'd say yes. But, if TG came out with a statement explaining the re-use as a cost saving measure that was necessary to get her included (and if it made sense) then most fans would probably get over it and be excited that Illumina finally exists in figure form.

This character has "specialty deluxe" written all over it. The straight up Battle Cat re-use and the many standard parts of the female form would keep this figure's developmental costs down. This is a terrific $40 sku for the line.
    the cat would need a new head and a new saddle
    Last edited by Dark Sorceress; October 1, 2011 at 08:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Wearing him down one post at a time.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../Stuff/691.jpg
    For some reason I read this post in Steve Urkel's Voice

but, at least Illumina has jumped from Never to sometime with no rush... Next step, a bit more rush for her... at least before Chef Alan...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post

it would be at least $50, $20 figure and $30 oversized beast, no way Mattel will do a price break on it, same reason 2 packs are $40 and the 3 pack are $60

Honestly, none of the accounts or quotes after Power-Con gave me the impression that anything at all had changed for Illumina. We already knew she could be made. At best it sounded like if they acknowledged that whenever they need to scrape the bottom of the barrel, they'd make her. Apologists didn't make that sound any better, so I hope they don't throw out their own backs patting them too hard or anything.
    I actually mocked up an Illumina in the Teela outfit to point out how incredibly easy it would be to make her. Now that they've made a cape with BGEL, they only need a new head and weapon. I think fans were right to be annoyed with BGEL though, there'd already been a Lyn with that outfit. At least with Illumina, as with the Goddess, it could help us get a new female character. That said, Goddess might have sold out faster if they'd invested just a little more into making her unique besides her color scheme, and so might Illumina. If she's packed with her cat though (which I think is ideal and another reason that suggesting she would delay Ram Man falls so flat since she'd have to appear in a large item SKU), it would minimize the sting of the reused outfit a little.

the cat would need a new head and a new saddle
    Maybe less than that. The cat is from the same species as Panthor, and I think even looks like an albino MOTUC Panthor, so I think they could reuse Panthor's head and just add the skull cap and saddle. I didn't expect the Griffin to reuse the buck so well though, so the Horsemen may have even better plans for how to make Illumina's steed stand out too.

Honestly, none of the accounts or quotes after Power-Con gave me the impression that anything at all had changed for Illumina. We already knew she could be made. At best it sounded like if they acknowledged that whenever they need to scrape the bottom of the barrel, they'd make her. Apologists didn't make that sound any better, so I hope they don't throw out their own backs patting them too hard or anything.

I actually mocked up an Illumina in the Teela outfit to point out how incredibly easy it would be to make her. Now that they've made a cape with BGEL, they only need a new head and weapon. I think fans were right to be annoyed with BGEL though, there'd already been a Lyn with that outfit. At least with Illumina, as with the Goddess, it could help us get a new female character. That said, Goddess might have sold out faster if they'd invested just a little more into making her unique besides her color scheme, and so might Illumina. If she's packed with her cat though (which I think is ideal and another reason that suggesting she would delay Ram Man falls so flat since she'd have to appear in a large item SKU), it would minimize the sting of the reused outfit a little.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...umina_test.jpg

Maybe less than that. The cat is from the same species as Panthor, and I think even looks like an albino MOTUC Panthor, so I think they could reuse Panthor's head and just add the skull cap and saddle. I didn't expect the Griffin to reuse the buck so well though, so the Horsemen may have even better plans for how to make Illumina's steed stand out too.
    that is a good mock up but sorry to me that would be a ugly as BG Evil-Lyn and i would rather have no Illumina then that Illumina. her outfit is to good to give up for that thing Teela used to have on

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I would really want to see her utilize the female buck 2.0 (with proper waist twist), so I think she needs a new top and skirt no matter what (so why not give her her awesome outfit?). One piece outfits should be retired, in my opinion.

I want Illumina with the OLD female hips and thighs though, because her skirt will hide the articulation.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Illumina is nowhere near the top of my list of potential MOTUC toys, but I'd be happy with that Teela repaint. Although, I was also happy with Evil-Lyn & her 2 Teela repaints too.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

just looked the 4H are fans of are girl! so see they WANT to do her

i would rather have no Illumina then that Illumina
    Blasphemy!!!

No Illumina is better only when it's not really her. This would be close enough to be acceptable.

I'd still buy an Illumina in the Teela outfit like that, but ideally I'd like at least a little more new sculpting, even if it was over the Teela outfit like some of the customs posted in this thread.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Personally I'd LOVE to see a new dress, but if the only way to get her is by reusing the Teela Dress, then so be it... I'll complain a bit, but I'd be glad that she's coming...

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Id buy her and her cat, count me in.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!