Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Illumina Support/Speculation thread!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Weed View Post
    Since everyone keeps denying that nobody knows who she is, I decided to do a little research.

Google. The most used website on the planet.

This is what Scott has been talking about. Even Google has a hard time finding anything outside of this website about her, or this website's members posting elsewhere about her. Talk all you want about how much you want her, but in the end she's no less obscure than Josh, and Goat Man. Stop thinking otherwise.
    Yes, she's obscure but there are people that know who she is, just as much as other requested figures which are coming or are teased (Lizard Man, Strobo, Goat Man, etc.). Illumina Day is about getting her name out there and making her more well known. All those Illumina Day threads should count because members from those sites are reading her bio and seeing images of her and learning about the character. If you read some of the other sites' Illumina Day threads you will see most people liking her and thinking she's cool!

I think this Google search posts better results "illumina masters of the universe" (don't use the quotes in the search though). There are still site duplicates, but I think it gets more Illumina-related results.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Weed View Post
    If by mentioning them, you're trying to prove they shouldn't have been made at all, then yes. They are too obscure... but that doesn't mean that she should be made by the same logic. Logic says that they shouldn't have been in the first place, not that every obscure character should be because they were.
    Cool figure most people (so far) say they would happily buy and is easy/cheap for Mattel to produce. I think that's a good reason to make her. The other obscure figures have every right to be made (in my opinion), but it's not right that maybe 10 people knew who Gygor even was and he can get made...but Illumina (who has at least 347 people really wanting her via Facebook...and a LOT more that do not have FB want her and there are those that would be okay with buying her) needs to be 5000 people. Gygor, Vikor, Demo-Man, etc. had no discussion or support threads and the majority didn't know who they were and they got made. Illumina has had support for an action figure since the 200X line (support for an .org exclusive at the time). Questions have been asked about her in Mattel's monthly Q&A's from different sites since 2008 when MOTUC first started up. So, there is demand for her by more than a few and she's easy to make. To me, it seems like the perfect figure to make. Easy money, make fans happy, the limited tooling saves up money for the 100% tooled buck for the year (like Ram-Man). Making Illumina = money for Ram-Man.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Just posted an update to my design for a MOTUC version of Illumina:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=14595
    Oooo! I like the reuse of BP She-Ra's gauntlets and I think BG Evil-Lyn's cape!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Making Illumina = money for Ram-Man.
    I agree. It's kind of the opposite of how it's been spun "Illumina=no Ram-Man."

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Oooo! I like the reuse of BP She-Ra's gauntlets and I think BG Evil-Lyn's cape!
    Yeah looks really nice with those reuse of parts

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I agree. It's kind of the opposite of how it's been spun "Illumina=no Ram-Man."
    also agree 100%, if she was a 100% tooled figure then you could compare her to Ram-Man, and I would have to say if she was a 100% tooled figure, she would fall down my list of wanting, there are a lot of 100% or close to 100% tooled figures i want.

I love BG EL but I bet she would have gone over a lot better than BG EL and had about same amount of new parts
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    @Darkspecter: Thank you very much for promoting the "Illumina Day" on the most popular German fanforum, planeteternia.de! There, I'm a community member myself and appreciate your commitment! :-D

Here's the link for anyone who wants to take a look at Darkspecter's Illumina Day Thread on planeteternia: ;-)

http://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin/...60922&forID=68
    Last edited by Queen Grayskull; October 20, 2011 at 05:37am.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very cool reuse & that extra motuc 200x loincloth. nice i so want this character.

The name of Illumina's snowcat finally reviled in the .org fan choice figure poll as Sleetah, at least I think it the first time it's been revealed.
    Last edited by 13977; December 6, 2011 at 01:55pm. Reason: Stupid spelling mistake
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    The name of Illumina's snowcat finally reviled in the .org fan choice figure poll as Sleetah, at least I think it the first time it's been reviled.
    Sweet! I gotta find this thread and vote.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Sweet! I gotta find this thread and vote.
    It isn't a thread. It's an official poll on the homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    It isn't a thread. It's an official poll on the homepage
    Oh! Ha! I knew that....
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

The name of Illumina's snowcat finally reviled in the .org fan choice figure poll as Sleetah, at least I think it the first time it's been reviled.
    I assume you mean revealed unless the snowcat wasn't well received.

(Sorry. I never point out spelling errors since I make plenty of my own, but I thought this one was too good to resist since it totally changes the thrust of your post.)
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Too funny.

I didnt even catch that when I read it the fist time. Dontcha love typos.

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post

(Sorry. I never point out spelling errors since I make plenty of my own, but I thought this one was too good to resist since it totally changes the thrust of your post.)
    Ha I'm always doing stupid spelling mistakes and typos like that.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Ha I'm always doing stupid spelling mistakes and typos like that.
    Yeah, but that one was extra funny.

Feedback Thread:

Find me on Facebook!

This is also on the main page, but I figured I post it in here too:

Masters of the Universe Classics is the first line truly made for the fan… but just how much input do the fans have in this line? It's time to find out!

Through a continuing series of character-devoted Facebook fan pages, we here at He-Man.org are striving to show Mattel that lesser known characters are just as desirable to fans as the “heavy-hitters”. And the first character to receive our fan-drive treatment will be none other than the lovely Gar herself: Illumina!

Have your voice heard by Mattel on what characters you want to see in this line starting with the character that's become one of the underdogs of the massive He-Man.org fan community. Please head over to the Illumina Facebook Fan Page and “Like” the Illumina fan page!

Mattel has stated multiple times that they need to see numbers before they will take a chance on certain characters, so please join up for our first endeavor! If we are successful, it will allow us to do the same for other fan favorite characters.

While you are there, post and let us know what other characters you really want to see! Give us your top 5 choices. We'll compile this info, using it to help us setup our next support page.

We need all of you to help to spread the word! And to help motivate everyone, we will be implementing a series of giveaways once we reach different quantities of Likes on the page. This way you’ll have incentive to not only remain with the page once you’ve liked it, but you’ll also want to help promote the page so that we can achieve each of these goals and reach another giveaway.

Our first goal is to reach 250 fans! When we do, we'll randomly select a fan from a list of all members joined at that time. The winner will received a free MOTU Classics Chief Carnivus! After that, our next goal is 500 fans where we will do another drawing.

More giveaways will follow as more people Like the page. Be sure to stay with the page so that you’ll have a chance at each of these awesome prizes (one prize per person) while also being prepared to help support additional characters! Join up and help us show Mattel what characters the fans really want from this line! Thank you.
    Last edited by Sallah; December 7, 2011 at 12:42pm.

oh thats very cool

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    This is also on the main page, but I figured I post it in here too:
    Didn't Darkspecter already create an Illumina group that peaked at 344 members?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    I actually didn't create that. I think that was created by bamf. I advertised it a lot though!

I'm a member of all the Illumina pages, groups, profiles, etc. The benefit of a page is that it's easier to "like" something and then start posting right away and it's WAY easier to see picture albums, videos and added content. I've almost accidentally quit the group page because the album and quit button are side-by-side which is a very bad Facebook design choice.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    Yes, there was a pre-existing group for Illumina support. The decision was made to start an all-new fan page for a variety of reasons. First, we knew that if what we have planned in regards to a continuing series of character-devoted pages works, then we would need to have uniformity amongst each page. So creating a new page for Illumina will allow us to use this as the prototype and springboard for future pages if it works. Second, we knew that we would need to have moderating presences on the page, since our ultimate goal is to have Mattel looking at it if we start to take off. Since we couldn't figure out who actually started the group, and since we didn't want to just step in and start acting like mods in some other person's creation, we felt it best to start from scratch with a new fan page. (The only person that we did know for sure had a major presence in the other group was Darkspecter, so we immediately asked for his input and help in moderating the new page). Lastly (and Darkspecter already touched on this a bit in his response), the other page is actually a "group" page and not a "fan" page. While we are happy that the group is there and we don't in any way mean to replace it, there are certain aspects about a group page that didn't work for what we needed from this. In a group, a person has to be added in or approved by another member of the group to join. We didn't want to do this as we want all fans to have an easy, immediate way to join the page. Groups can also have people added to them by current members without the other person's consent. Again, since our ultimate goal is for Mattel to see these numbers, it is important that people join of their own accord and are not simply added by another member. We want the number to be as legitimate as humanly possible.

Hope that clears it up! Again- We are totally down with the existing group and its continued success! We just felt that a page would better suit the needs of what we wanted to do.

Sallah

Heroic Warrior
    I really, really hope that Mattel gets their act together and just makes this figure already. Suggesting she is not well known enough is ridiculous. Do they not know who their audience is? This is not a mass market line, it is a collectors line. Any collectors who don't know who she is at this point have been living under a rock, and as soon as the figure is announced they'll get to know her real quick anyway. Just do it already.

What if she's last? I mean, she can totally be on the road map but be the last stop on the road map. Somebody has to be last...
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    What if she's last? I mean, she can totally be on the road map but be the last stop on the road map. Somebody has to be last...
    I hope the last MOTUC is at least 5 years away. I'd like to see this line get up to 500 figures!

I think I would warm up to her some more if she wasn't wearing a skin-tight white body suit underneath her armor... like if her arms and legs were exposed like Teela or Evil-Lyn- something about the design has always bugged me and I think it's that she's just... too white from the neck down. But maybe that's the point, with the name Illumina? I dunno... show me some more of that blue Gar skin!

We have made it past our first goal of Illumina Facebook page and are cruising towards our second goal of 500 fans! Once we hit that number, we'll give away a MOTUC Vikor to one lucky fan as a way of saying thanks for helping to spread the word. We will also announce our next giveaway item for our next goal of 750 fans...

If you have not done so yet, please think about heading over to the Illumina Facebook Fan Page and clicking "like"!

Sallah

Illumina as Keldor's Mother...

Thoughts? I really love the bio that was made for her but it made me think how much more her presence in the line would mean if she turned out to be Miro's warrior paramour...

This would work, making her Skeletor's mother.

Is she supposed to be a sorceress/warrior?