Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Illumina Support/Speculation thread!

I'm considering having "killen teh Loomi'nah" as part of my sig. lol

Frankly even if this is the final result I think it's a positive sign and should really put a rest to the 'demand for Illumina' subject. After listening to the last RGD where Illumina came up and Val didn't seem confident on her chances (which gave me the impression that he wasn't even hoping for 2nd), I wasn't too hopeful myself, but this close of a finish could spell hope for her future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

It really stinks that she was so close and the voting isnt even over. Even if she got 300 votes today theres no way Mattel would ever tell us the truth or change their mind.

She deserves to be made! Now it does open the door for her to be made with the cat. That would be awesome. Maybe in 2015?

Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    If the polls are still open, it would seem that TG really doesn't want Illumina made... perhaps because she is an Emiliano character?
    2 + 2 = 4

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it View Post
    2 + 2 = 4

that seems to be it, odds are she was gaining on geldor and he cut the vote so she would not win.

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    If the polls are still open, it would seem that TG really doesn't want Illumina made...
    I'm inclined to agree. Announcing the winner while the polls are still open is very suspicious.

Toyguru claimed that trademarks were submitted for both Illumina & Song Master. If Song Master's TM shows up but Illumina's doesn't, i'll be convinced that Mattel never had any intention of making her.

Not just suspicious...but wrong for them to do no matter how you slice it.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel should just announce that they'll make Illumina at some point, too. It's the fastest and most efficient way to kill the feeling that fans have that Mattel totally dropped the ball on the announcement of the winner.

Yes totally wrong of them to do this, I bought my sub last night the code never worked and I was going to vote for illumina, this is rotten if mattel and Scott, illumina and her cat should be slotted into this year somehow because of the mistake he admitted to or she should be the sdcc exclusive with her cat.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

poor Illumina, the mod's are working over time on Matty to close every page talking about the vote

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    poor Illumina, the mod's are working over time on Matty to close every page talking about the vote
    Ha.

Though with the recent announcement coupled with the elation (for many) of the line being saved for another year you'd expect that quite a few people would be keen to jump into the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed that Illumina didn't make the Fan's Choice slot but I see the glass at half-full on her for a few reasons...

1. She made such a strong showing in the poll and demonstrated how highly demanded she is!
    2. Toyguru acknowledged the impact she made in the poll in his latest video!
    3. Taking her out of a figure slot as a simple Teela repaint opens the possiblilty of having her made with a more dedicated tooling budget later!
    4. Also, she's no longer required to be a single figure, lending to the possibility of a Beast slot with Sleetah!

I'd like to see Illumina show up as a special offering, either for SDCC, Travelling Con, or a Club/Sub Exclusive!

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)

If Illumina gets made, what if her bio...

What if her bio makes her Skeletor's mother? Will people be cheesed off?

I was thinking about how they would probably create a new bio for her if she is made, if this was done how well would it go over?
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Was she always intended to be his mother because if not I'm definitely not opposed to it.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Everything about her (that I have read I won't claim to be an expert) has stated that she is NOT meant to be his mother. However Toyguru has said that if she was made that a new bio would likely be made, so it is not known how much, if any of the things written about her will be used.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Heroic Warrior
    To me, the important thing is for us to actually get a great Illumina figure. An awesome figure with great sculpt, new clothes (not the Teela tunic again !), cool weapon(s) and no flaws or QC issues.

I don't give a damn what the bio will tell us, as I don't give much importance to it. I just want the figure.

Heroic Warrior
    I have no opinion.

I think the constant need to 'relative' everyone up is frustrating and annoying. I still hate Adam's 'blue' uncle...

But seriously... if your GONNA have blue people walking around... have a COUPLE blue people walking around. they don't ALL need to be related. Same thing with insisting that Dekkar and Clamp Champ be related

However, the original story for her didn't seem all that compelling to me either. Had kind of a mary sue feel to it that if it was fleshed out would probably annoy me more...

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Everything about her (that I have read I won't claim to be an expert) has stated that she is NOT meant to be his mother. However Toyguru has said that if she was made that a new bio would likely be made, so it is not known how much, if any of the things written about her will be used.
    Well then in that case it would definitely be interesting for her to be Keldor's mother and linked to King Miro, another character I hope they eventually get to.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    To me, the important thing is for us to actually get a great Illumina figure. An awesome figure with great sculpt, new clothes (not the Teela tunic again !), cool weapon(s) and no flaws or QC issues.

I don't give a damn what the bio will tell us, as I don't give much importance to it. I just want the figure.
    I also hope that they include her cat as well. IMO that would also be mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I have no opinion.

I think the constant need to 'relative' everyone up is frustrating and annoying. I still hate Adam's 'blue' uncle...

But seriously... if your GONNA have blue people walking around... have a COUPLE blue people walking around. they don't ALL need to be related. Same thing with insisting that Dekkar and Clamp Champ be related

However, the original story for her didn't seem all that compelling to me either. Had kind of a mary sue feel to it that if it was fleshed out would probably annoy me more...
    It doesn't really bother me, just as long as it doesn't sound contrived. I could definitely seeing certain duties and positions being familial
    past down. Teela inherits her mothers role as does Adam regarding his father. Thus if they decide to make Dekker and Clamp Champ related, he
    in turn inherits his uncles former role. Granted, using familial ties in MOTU should be done in strict moderation.
    Last edited by Azrael; August 9, 2012 at 02:19am.

Heroic Warrior
    I also hope that they include her cat as well. IMO that would also be mandatory.
    Ideally, I'd like to get Sleetah (Illumina's cat) too. But given the very limited amount of figures slots proposed until the end of 2014, I'd be very surprised to see this particular beast made... Maybe in 2015, if the 2015 MOTUC line ever occurs ?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Illumina was never meant to be related to Keldor in any way. She's just a Gar, same as him. Sy-Klone is also a Gar...it doesn't mean he's Keldor's other brother or something. I mean, I'm Canadian, but I'm not related to all other Canadians.

Gar's came from Infinitia to Eternia when they're planet exploded, died, or whatever. So, the Gars on Eternia are all that are left of their entire race (well...possibly. Some may have settled elsewhere).

I personally hope she's not related to any of the Gars we know. Like other people, I cringe a bit when every character we know in MOTU turns out to be related to each other. It happens way too often. Hell, Illumina WAS bad before and learns the errors of her ways. Maybe she and Keldor dated when they were young? That might be spicey, and Evil-Lyn would hate her like poision!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

i would hate it if she was his mom......but i do like her being his EX

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress:3099012
    i would hate it if she was his mom......but i do like her being his EX
    Now that's highly interesting! Hope she's not killed off before the her bio is finished being read like other characters As little as I use those bios in my universe, having a good one written for a new character is kind of essential in helping to promote them.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

This!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I agree with prahvus and Killian, I just want an Illumina figure, I don't care what her bio sais. Sleetha would also be amazing. Maybe as a two pack for a futute Power-con or NYCC.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter what her bio says, I already know what her name, role and powers were supposed to be.

Many of the bios are bad (Orko's is terrible, and completely different from the way he was portrayed before), but they really don't change the way I view the characters.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; August 9, 2012 at 10:10am.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    She'll never be made. Toyguru will personally see to that.