Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Illumina Support/Speculation thread!

I want Illumina.

Just not as a Teela repaint. The Goddess was more than enough. Not happy about Evil-Lyn using the same parts but definitely not Illumina. Save money elsewhere Mattel...DR...flying stands, etc. and make her unique!

Heroic Warrior
    Ruling her out completly may be wrong.
    We got He-Ro and the Goddess, possibly Mo-Larr. So why not her?
    But there are other and, by far, more important characters to be made.
    I could see her a con-exclusive figure

Count me in! I want an Illumnina!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy her and like it.

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    I would buy two!

Here are some info about the "too complex" Illumina backstory from a thread where fans compiled info

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=176156&page=4

Illumina:
    Little is known about the blue-skinned warrior named Illumina. It is known, however, that she is a descendant of the Gar refugees that came to Eternia after the destruction of Infinitia, and that she was a member of the Guardians of Grayskull (a secret sect devoted to the preservation of Castle Grayskull’s secrets throughout time).

At the time when the Mystic Wall was created she was on the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia, which effectively trapped her there. Prior to this, however, she assisted Dekker in the teaching of Duncan.

Although a heroic force, it has been said that she was very cold blooded.
    As you can see when you scroll down to her description that something like this would go straight over our heads, it being too complicated an all!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

An Illumina figure would be a nice exclusive to the org. as an olive branch even extended by Mattel.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I want an Illumina and her cat. Make her an .org exclusive.

She would have been in that Faceless One/Injured Evil-Lyn arc. I wonder what her role would have been.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Meh... I'd be more willing to join in the effort of the other poster who wanted a Plundor MOTUC. I'm more of a stickler to the original series.. I'll always pass on characters like He-Ro, King Greyskull, etc in hopes of a character like Stinkor or Rattlor.

But thats just my opinion. I'm one out of maybe 5 who would be willing to buy those AttiTubes if they were created, so what do I know..
    Ehhh! Where's my beer!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozor View Post
    Meh... I'd be more willing to join in the effort of the other poster who wanted a Plundor MOTUC. I'm more of a stickler to the original series.. I'll always pass on characters like He-Ro, King Greyskull, etc in hopes of a character like Stinkor or Rattlor.
    I don't think Stinkor and Rattlor are in danger of not being released eventually

But thats just my opinion. I'm one out of maybe 5 who would be willing to buy those AttiTubes if they were created, so what do I know..
    I would have bought those too, but just becasue I get everythign with MOTU stamped on it!

Mattell knows we are all drones..lol.

Pretty soon we'll see MOTUC : the coloring book, MOTUC : the lunch box, MOTUC : the flame thrower, MOTUC : The plush Orko that when you squeeze his tummy, he says "May the Schwartz be with you!"

Wait... Yeah, that sounds right.
    Ehhh! Where's my beer!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozor View Post
    Mattell knows we are all drones..lol.

Pretty soon we'll see MOTUC : the coloring book, MOTUC : the lunch box, MOTUC : the flame thrower, MOTUC : The plush Orko that when you squeeze his tummy, he says "May the Schwartz be with you!"

Wait... Yeah, that sounds right.
    Great ideas there, would buy them all in a heartbeat!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

ill take 2 please
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I've never really got why this character is so popular,
    I think I'd rather have Mattel put new tooling into characters such as Modulok first, but whenever Illumina does come along, I'd totally buy a figure of her.
    New characters are always fun.
    Mysterious new character on a large scale beast. The fact that we never got to know the character makes her even more popular.

As for the origins of this thread, you'll see why if you check out WTFWTK 30--that last question.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    What was this fan pitched idea, and who is this fan? Can anyone shed any light on this??

I support Illumina. Avatar sold like a billion tickets in the theatre.. There's no reason 3D blue people who ride beasts can't make make money in MOTUC either!!
    Exactly! Illumina is a part of the 200x era, so she should be made. easy reuse of parts, no reason not to make her imo.

I don't consider those who worked on the 200x comics to be mere 'fans'.... that's rather insulting to them & the work they did imo. i guess that's how Mattel views people who work on their franchises huh? fan-pitched my barbarian butt...the MVC comics are every bit as official to the 200x era, as the MYP cartoon series was imo.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I would get one, hell its about the easiest way to reuse the Teela mold they have already whored out 3 times (Teela, Goddess, Evil Lynn)

She cannot be anymore obscure than Wun-Dar, Goddess, or He-Ro.
    yep, and don't forget Demo-man.... everyone's heard of him... he's been in the mythos since the beginning...

their logic of not including MVC characters, because the comics are out of print, blows my mind. Everything motu related is out of print!! Goddess (the minicomic) hasn't been seen since the commemorative line.... He-ro hasn't been seen...ever... except in the MVC comic, and pics of the old toy prototype

same with Wun-dar. He never existed (that name) till they made him up. and mAA building a power sword (completely new & made up), Teela being a clone (hasn't been known since the early minicomic days), want me to go on?

come on Mattel, don't give me these BS reasons for excluding characters that people obviously want, 'cause I'm not buying into one bit of it.

Give us Illumina & her cat, darn it! don't count them out, or say they won't be made. i say, why the hell not?

that's another $20 x how ever many figures made, in your pocket Mattel. not making her would kind of be like cutting off your hands.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    IllumaWHO?? Sorry, but..?!? Of ALL of the vast characters that Filmation as well as the 200X series gave us, she is literally 400 miles off my radar!

".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

I want 2 please!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This is to add to Eamon's post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Okay... here we go, this is what we can tell you for now about
    ILLUMINA
    She's an old Gar with light related powers. She can control lights and she can blind adversaries when she fights.
    Think Dazzler, but without the rock singer part
    She's a formidable fighter, especially with melee weapons; in general her fighting skills are equal if not superior to a young Man-At-Arms, and also to a young Dekker.
    She's also a great strategist and wanders Eternia as a sort of nomadic secret agent....
    gbagok art work:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Bring her and the cat on! Let's get all the use out of that amazing Battle Cat sculpt that we can!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I would LOVE an Illumina figure! I think she would make a great addition to the MOTUC line!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The existing female body would work fine for this figure, and, as others have stated, it would give Mattel another excuse to re-use the Cat mold. Make it a deluxe pack with both figures together and tout how Matty buyers will save on shipping.

I'd buy it without a second thought. As I've stated many times, this is the kind of thing that can keep the line fresh, especially as we start running out of original figure to make.

Imagine what the Horsemen could do with the sketch above.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

For all the people passing...go read the controversy around WTFWTK 30, question 5.

The short version: Mattel feels Illumina isn't good enough to be in MOTUC because fans created her and made her backstory too complicated.

I would DEFINITELY buy Illumina and her cat if they were released. That mock-up with the Teela body looks awesome to me!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Yes come on Mattel gimme! *makes grabby hands*
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

I'd LOVE it if they made her...and her cat!