Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Illumina Support/Speculation thread!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'd take her in a heartbeat! Even in a Teela repaint body if that's what it took! The cat is awesome!!

Signed
    --------

YEP, I WANT ILLUMINA, TOO.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, TOYGURU!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think an Illumina and cat two-pack would hit the spot quite nicely.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The idea is definitely growing on me. We need more female masters and the options are so limited (I can only think of Hawke at the moment). As long as they keep the females coming at a decent rate (at least 4 in 2011 is a good start), then I'd love if Illumina made it out at some point.

I am a little nervous though that adding more females might somehow jeopardize some of the POP girls. For whatever reason, lots of fans are anti-female so they can really only allow so many slots to female figures. Remember the whole "too many females" thread and that was when we were getting A-listers like Teela, Evil-Lyn and Adora. Can you imagine the uproar if the females are Netossa, Starla and Illumina? I know its totally irrational and theres no reason why we cant get all the POP girls and Illumina but its still a bit of a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    That's a thought, assuming they give her a new outfit.
    I like how she appears in this piece of art by Emiliano, but maybe lose the utility belt anklet. Otherwise she's a great looking character and one I've been anxious to find out more since I seen her promo in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I've always been in favor of one! Please, Mattel, let us have her (and her cat)!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

As i understood, she is at least an option again and that´s a good thing!

I like "MAYBES" a lot better then "NOS".

Her outfit would be a little problem, i guess, with all the clothing she wears. pants, skirt and long sleeves but as i´m saying, i trust the 4 Horsemen, they would come up with a nice idea!

I think she'd be a great sub figure if nothing else.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Wait!

What?!

Did TG say this is now an option?!?!?!

If so, of course i'd buy her and her cat!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I don't know if Illumina herself is an option, but apparently unique characters from MVC *might* be game. The information comes courtesy of a thread started by Darkspecter entitled 'Unique MVC MOTU Characters in MOTUC News'.

Regards,
    Victor P.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Wait!

What?!

Did TG say this is now an option?!?!?!

If so, of course i'd buy her and her cat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    I don't know if Illumina herself is an option, but apparently unique characters from MVC *might* be game. The information comes courtesy of a thread started by Darkspecter entitled 'Unique MVC MOTU Characters in MOTUC News'.

Regards,
    Victor P.
    Shecky's right. I specifically named Illumina in my examples too.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=196074
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I would buy her...

Even if they have acknowledged they do have the MVC rights and can use any of the characters, are you sure they would use a character whose introduction into canon they basically vetoed?

I mean, they can use her if they want, but would they want to with all the other characters available?

i think if they're willing to risk possible changes in demand for something like Molar, then i think Illumina has at "least" a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by victoryleo19 View Post
    i think if they're willing to risk possible changes in demand for something like Molar, then i think Illumina has at "least" a chance.
    Molarr was in a skit on a well know TV show, Illumina was an advertisement with no back story. Sorry but theres a huge difference I don`t think anything has changed since the first announcement regarding Illumina

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Molarr was in a skit on a well know TV show, Illumina was an advertisement with no back story. Sorry but theres a huge difference I don`t think anything has changed since the first announcement regarding Illumina
    And Gygor was a concept idea that few, if any, knew about six months before he was announced. And Vikor was an original idea scrapped by Mattel in favor of the He-Man we know. Wide spread recognition obviously isn't a pre-requisite for inclusion in the line.

I understand if Mattel simply thinks there isn't enough interest in the character to make her, but the reasons given, that she's "too complicated" to fit into their new canon, has bothered me from the start. When the new story becomes more important than making cool figures for the line, the story has become a millstone, not a marketing tool, for this line. Nothing should be off limits simply because of a lackluster storyline that a lot of folks aren't following anyway. The line is supposed to encompass all eras and concepts of MOTU; limiting it artificially in this way is counterproductive.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Molarr was in a skit on a well know TV show, Illumina was an advertisement with no back story.
    Not true.
    Illumina has a very well defined backstory

Heroic Warrior
    I think he meant a background known to the public...

But while we´re at it... Would you care to share some bits and pieces of her backstory?
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Quote Originally Posted by flitzi View Post
    I think he meant a background known to the public...

But while we´re at it... Would you care to share some bits and pieces of her backstory?
    It is public, we talked amny times about it, just make a search for Illumina, you'll find lots of info.
    Look for a thread called something like Hordak trapped in Despondos, a nice users made a list of all the info I gave over time

I'm curious to know what people first impression of Illumina was when that ad was printed?
    I assumed she was an evil character and was quite surprised when Emiliano revealed she was an heroic Guardian of Grayskull.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'm curious to know what people first impression of Illumina was when that ad was printed?
    I assumed she was an evil character and was quite surprised when Emiliano revealed she was an heroic Guardian of Grayskull.
    I assumed she was a good guy, or at least not evil, because she was wearing white and appeared powerful but not sinister and mean. I loved how LOTR she looked too.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    It is public, we talked amny times about it, just make a search for Illumina, you'll find lots of info.
    Look for a thread called something like Hordak trapped in Despondos, a nice users made a list of all the info I gave over time
    The thread is here (LOTS of cool info revealed here BTW, and not just about Illumina):
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ight=despondos

Of Illumina, Telkan 2 collected this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    • Illumina:

Little is known about the blue-skinned warrior named Illumina. It is known, however, that she is a descendant of the Gar refugees that came to Eternia after the destruction of Infinitia, and that she was a member of the Guardians of Grayskull (a secret sect devoted to the preservation of Castle Grayskull’s secrets throughout time).

At the time when the Mystic Wall was created she was on the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia, which effectively trapped her there. Prior to this, however, she assisted Dekker in the teaching of Duncan.

Although a heroic force, it has been said that she was very cold blooded.
    I tried to include as much accurate info as I could in the unofficial bio:

But I guessed about Gar Firian and the level of her interaction with Dekker and MAA's regiment.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    And Gygor was a concept idea that few, if any, knew about six months before he was announced. And Vikor was an original idea scrapped by Mattel in favor of the He-Man we know. Wide spread recognition obviously isn't a pre-requisite for inclusion in the line.

I understand if Mattel simply thinks there isn't enough interest in the character to make her, but the reasons given, that she's "too complicated" to fit into their new canon, has bothered me from the start. When the new story becomes more important than making cool figures for the line, the story has become a millstone, not a marketing tool, for this line. Nothing should be off limits simply because of a lackluster storyline that a lot of folks aren't following anyway. The line is supposed to encompass all eras and concepts of MOTU; limiting it artificially in this way is counterproductive.
    What bothers me the most is Toyguru's claim in his Roast Gooble Dinner interview that the new Classics canon was created to allow as many characters as possible to be made. By not including Illumina in the line his statement seems completely false.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    What bothers me the most is Toyguru's claim in his Roast Gooble Dinner interview that the new Classics canon was created to allow as many characters as possible to be made. By not including Illumina in the line his statement seems completely false.
    It's politics. Mattel has beef against Val and Emilliano, but won't say what. Fans think it might have been a Toyfare article that revealed ideas from their comic that would have come to light had 200X not been canceled. Mattel won't even let the guys show the rest of the 200X Encyclopedia even though 200X is retired.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Now see...Mattel could just write a bio like gbagok's and also add her light powers to the mix and that's perfect.

She belongs to a secret underground society like the Illuminati (no pun intended).