Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Illumina Support/Speculation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    What bothers me the most is Toyguru's claim in his Roast Gooble Dinner interview that the new Classics canon was created to allow as many characters as possible to be made. By not including Illumina in the line his statement seems completely false.
    Just from casual reading on the forums and such, it would seem that the forces that were resposible for MOTU during the MYP objected strongly to the storyline and direction MVC was taking their comics. Specifically it seems that Mattel did not want characters that were not toys (or in the cartoon) to be featured in big roles. As a result, the entire comic was more or less scrapped.

The less definitive no might just be a signal that Mattel is more open minded now that the line is a success. They seem to be getting more adventurous with character selection all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Her outfit would be a little problem, i guess, with all the clothing she wears. pants, skirt and long sleeves but as iīm saying, i trust the 4 Horsemen, they would come up with a nice idea!
    Except you could change all the "she's" to "he's" in the quoted section and you've basically described Prince Adam's clothing. My point? She wouldn't be that difficult at all.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Heroic Warrior
    Bring her, if her bio is well fleshed out!

She'd be a fantastic addition. Since she's not an uber well known A lister I love to see her included in the next few years.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I don't want Illumina because she has way too much super hyper extremely over the top anime detail.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Make her. Sell like hot cakes she will.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Except you could change all the "she's" to "he's" in the quoted section and you've basically described Prince Adam's clothing. My point? She wouldn't be that difficult at all.
    You are right, just paint the legs and arms like they did with adam or randor and once the Evil Lyn Outfit from 200X is done(and the Outfit it selve is confirmed) the skirt isnīt a big problem either.

My thinking is to difficult sometimes, thanks for pointing out that it can be quite easy sometimes...you just have to do it or want it...but thatīs the real issue here, i guess !!!!!!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I could take or leave it. She needs a better story though.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I could take or leave it. She needs a better story though.
    A better story than her mostly unrevealed story? How do you even know what it is apart from the few things Emiliano told us?

I'm still crossing my fingers one day for a He-Man.org exclusive.
    Maybe even Illumina.

Ahhh... to dream....

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Maybe even Illumina.

Ahhh... to dream....
    You mean you don't want Horde Trooper Val or Snake Man Emiliano? Hey, if ToyGuru got his likeness as a toy, why not you guys?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

dear Emiliano,

could you draw a MOTUC-version of Illumina like you did with your extraordinary "MOTUC visions"? maybe that would convince matty how perfectly she would fit in the line.

Thanks for you unmatched art and contribution to MOTU!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    You mean you don't want Horde Trooper Val or Snake Man Emiliano? Hey, if ToyGuru got his likeness as a toy, why not you guys?
    I don't dare to dream that much.
    That's nothing more than a fantasy of epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Maybe even Illumina.

Ahhh... to dream....

I think Illumina would fit that mold perfectly.... as an .org exclusive.

If they want to gauge interest in her, then do a pre-order. If there are enough orders to merit making her, then do it. If not, well ...
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

The sad thing about Illumina is that I think she would be extremely popular even if she wasn't created by Val & Emiliano(we're a little biased since a lot of us are pretty passionate about this site & hit it every day). She's a blue, elf looking warrior with a big cat. What's not to love about that?

JOIN THE GROUP...

Though we don't know the reasons, I don't think Mattel will go out of their way to do such. I believe Val & Emiliano would be considered 200X heads. I know for a fact that Val has too much anime hyper-detail. Just look at the shape of his head.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Though we don't know the reasons, I don't think Mattel will go out of their way to do such. I believe Val & Emiliano would be considered 200X heads. I know for a fact that Val has too much anime hyper-detail. Just look at the shape of his head.
    As nuts as Val was going with letting his hair grow out before SDCC, he could have been a male counterpart to Entrapta...

...minus the mini-skirt and hooker boots.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; August 24, 2010 at 07:37pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

...remind me why I consider you two friends?

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    This figure sooooo needs to be made. I have often wondered before why the org hasn't had an exclusive made. Maybe if a figure is too much to ask, JVS3, you guys could approach Spy monkey about making .ORG armour or a .ORG weapon?
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

That reminds me, where can I see pictures of Hyper Anime Detail Val from mentioned in the SDCC gooble?

The sad thing about Illumina is that I think she would be extremely popular even if she wasn't created by Val & Emiliano(we're a little biased since a lot of us are pretty passionate about this site & hit it every day). She's a blue, elf looking warrior with a big cat. What's not to love about that?
    I think the main aspect of her fame is that she was in that full-page ad in the comic... and then never showed up. It's just like He-Ro.
    Last edited by Sandman; August 24, 2010 at 07:30pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    That reminds me, where can I see pictures of Hyper Anime Detail Val from mentioned in the SDCC gooble?

I think the main aspect of her fame is that she was in that full-page ad in the comic... and then never showed up. It's just like He-Ro.
    Oh I disagree. I could care less about her "lost" status. She just LOOKS cool. The blue skin and white outfit is striking. Her white lion is great too. Actually, the more I think about it the more I'd like a two-pack of her and her cat.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Her white lion is great too. Actually, the more I think about it the more I'd like a two-pack of her and her cat.
    I'd be really peeved if we got an Illumina toy that didn't come with her cat. All the beasts are one of the reasons I love this line so much. I feel Battle Cat is as important to He-Man as his power sword & his battles with Skeletor. I guess I'm just a huge animal lover no matter if it's real life or fantasy.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Oh I disagree. I could care less about her "lost" status. She just LOOKS cool. The blue skin and white outfit is striking. Her white lion is great too. Actually, the more I think about it the more I'd like a two-pack of her and her cat.
    I'd be really peeved if we got an Illumina toy that didn't come with her cat. All the beasts are one of the reasons I love this line so much. I feel Battle Cat is as important to He-Man as his power sword & his battles with Skeletor. I guess I'm just a huge animal lover no matter if it's real life or fantasy.
    I agree. A two-pack would be awesome. Maybe an extra con exclusive for $40, like they did with Mo-Larr?

Hey Val or Emiliano, I know you probably can't tell us, but does her cat have a name and a backstory? A simple yes or know would be cool.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I would pay a pretty big chunk of change for an Illumina and her cat 2-pack
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"